ImageImageImageImageImage

We just signed Richaun Holmes to a 2 yr/10 million dollar deal

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,001

We just signed Richaun Holmes to a 2 yr/10 million dollar deal 

Post#1 » by OGSactownballer » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:34 pm

A guy I had been saying again and again would fit perfectly here as a bargain insurance piece to keep the minutes good in the frontcourt.
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Re: We just signed Richaun Holmes to a 2 yr/10 million dollar deal 

Post#2 » by jeffjtk1234 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:35 pm

Great signing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#3 » by BoogieTime » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:40 pm

Absolutely. Now this is A+

I got Holmes as a potential break out young big

He’s going to be squeezing Giles/Bjelica hard.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#4 » by codydaze » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:47 pm

Wow wow wow, great signing!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#5 » by City of Trees » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:49 pm

Kings used the MLE
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#6 » by benchmobbin02 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:19 pm

In the Cory Joesph thread I wondered if we were done in the frontcout meaning we were secure in Giles and Swanigan as key contributors. This seemingly answers that. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out later that Giles had a setback or something.

Like other have said he really fits how we want to play just like Dedmon and is a value signing. I think he'll get alot of minutes as an athletic big.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,001

Post#7 » by OGSactownballer » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:45 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:In the Cory Joesph thread I wondered if we were done in the frontcout meaning we were secure in Giles and Swanigan as key contributors. This seemingly answers that. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out later that Giles had a setback or something.

Like other have said he really fits how we want to play just like Dedmon and is a value signing. I think he'll get alot of minutes as an athletic big.

Nah fact is until and if he gets a lot bigger Harry’s real position is high post PF.

We needed a third true center in the roster that is also a smart player and can do things besides just bang if called upon. Holmes fits that to a “T”.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#8 » by sacking123 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:55 pm

Brilliant signing. Many were asking for Holmes instead of Dedmon, well the FO delivered both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#9 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:08 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:In the Cory Joesph thread I wondered if we were done in the frontcout meaning we were secure in Giles and Swanigan as key contributors. This seemingly answers that. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out later that Giles had a setback or something.

I would think Giles will be pushed into the background a bit. They might have run him a little too much last year and that's why he had to sit at the end.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#10 » by codydaze » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:28 pm

I imagine Holmes will be a guy that gets minutes when our bigs get into foul trouble or we just need a energy boost/someone to bang with the Montrezl's and Randle's of the world. I still see Giles as the 4th big in the rotation.
sasquatchBob
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,448

Post#11 » by sasquatchBob » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:29 pm

He's a good signing for you guys. Limited but always plays with high motor. Perfect backup big.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#12 » by bleeds_purple » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:30 pm

codydaze wrote:I imagine Holmes will be a guy that gets minutes when our bigs get into foul trouble or we just need a energy boost/someone to bang with the Montrezl's and Randle's of the world. I still see Giles as the 4th big in the rotation.

Yeah. Plus you know Dedmon and Giles are gonna miss at least 20 games each. A good third string C is important.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#13 » by codydaze » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:37 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:
codydaze wrote:I imagine Holmes will be a guy that gets minutes when our bigs get into foul trouble or we just need a energy boost/someone to bang with the Montrezl's and Randle's of the world. I still see Giles as the 4th big in the rotation.

Yeah. Plus you know Dedmon and Giles are gonna miss at least 20 games each. A good third string C is important.

Just an incredible depth addition no matter how you slice it.
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#14 » by becorz » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:54 pm

Any word on if the second year is guaranteed?
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#15 » by codydaze » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:01 pm

becorz wrote:Any word on if the second year is guaranteed?

It's a room exception deal so I believe it is. Not sure whether or not you can add partial guarantees on those deals.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#16 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:04 pm

To be honest, I see Giles as the 3rd big in the rotation. I think he gets more burn this year than Bjelica. He fits really well next to either Dedmon or Bagley (who we've seen have a strong connection). I wouldn't mind Holmes getting some minutes over Bjelica as well.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#17 » by codydaze » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:06 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:

To be honest, I see Giles as the 3rd big in the rotation. I think he gets more burn this year than Bjelica. He fits really well next to either Dedmon or Bagley (who we've seen have a strong connection). I wouldn't mind Holmes getting some minutes over Bjelica as well.

The great thing about having all 5 of these guys is there is pretty much no mismatches for us. The rotation can be flexible and versatile enough to match up with any front court in the league.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#18 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:08 pm

codydaze wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

The great thing about having all 5 of these guys is there is pretty much no mismatches for us. The rotation can be flexible and versatile enough to match up with any front court in the league.

Absolutely. I see this as Marvin, Bagley, & Giles are all safe. But there will be games where teams are head hunting Bjelica and he just can't stay on the court. In those situations, Holmes plays over him.

Either way, as of right now I'm very happy. I just want to be sure that Giles is getting his burn. IMO hes the 4th most important piece to our progress.
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#19 » by enderwilson » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:15 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
codydaze wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Absolutely. I see this as Marvin, Bagley, & Giles are all safe. But there will be games where teams are head hunting Bjelica and he just can't stay on the court. In those situations, Holmes plays over him.

Either way, as of right now I'm very happy. I just want to be sure that Giles is getting his burn. IMO hes the 4th most important piece to our progress.

If it weren't for his injury history, he could easily be the player with the highest upside on our roster. A real Kevin Garnett 2.0.
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#20 » by becorz » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:27 pm

codydaze wrote:
becorz wrote:Any word on if the second year is guaranteed?

It's a room exception deal so I believe it is. Not sure whether or not you can add partial guarantees on those deals.

You very well could be correct, but the way I read cbafaq.com, I don't think that is the case (again, i could totally be off, it could be elsewhere in the faq)

ROOM MID-LEVEL EXCEPTION -- This exception is available only to teams that drop far enough below the cap to use cap room, and therefore lose their Bi-Annual, Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level and Taxpayer Mid-Level exceptions (see question number 26). This exception cannot be used if the team already has used the Bi-Annual, Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level or Taxpayer Mid-Level exception. This exception becomes available once the team salary drops far enough that the team loses its other exceptions, and expires following the last day of the regular season. It allows a team to sign any free agent to a contract with a starting salary up to the following:

Season First-year salary
2017-18 $4.328 million
2018-19 $4.449 million
2019-20 $4.767 million
The Room Mid-Level exception amount for the 2017-18 season was negotiated into the agreement. For each subsequent season the exception amount is determined by applying the percentage change in the salary cap to the previous exception amount. For example, if the salary cap increases by 4% from 2017-18 to 2018-19, then the exception amount also will increase by 4% from 2017-18 to 2018-19.

This exception may be split and given to multiple players. It may be used for contracts up to two years in length, with raises up to 5% of the salary in the first year of the contract. Signing a player to a multi-year contract does not affect a team's ability to use this exception every year -- for example, a team can use this exception to sign a player to a two-year contract, and use it again the following year to sign another player. Also see question number 26 for more information on the availability and use of this exception.

Once a team has used this exception, it can no longer use the Bi-Annual, Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level or Taxpayer Mid-Level exception.

It says contracts up to two years, so I think the second year can be unguarenteed

Return to Sacramento Kings