ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official D'Angelo Russell Thread II

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Re: The Official D'Angelo Russell Thread II 

Post#1661 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:00 am

so question, why did the Nets not think Kyrie and Russell could work together, yet the Warriors think Steph and Russell could (and Klay)? I highly doubt they're going to be paying him all that money to be coming off the bench, but who knows.

I am very happy for the kid, I must say that. Better going to play with Steph Klay and Draymond than KAT and Wiggins in cold ass Minnesota.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#1662 » by jbeachboy » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:32 pm

it looks like warriors will eventually trade d lo in future .
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#1663 » by Lamak » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:20 pm

Interesting turn of events that the Warriors traded for him, definitely think he'll be moved again by the end of the year. I like him to learn from Steph though. I wish he could have stayed with Kyrie and KD.
Brooklyn Nets
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#1664 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:50 pm

jbeachboy wrote:what a great pickup by warriors to get d lo, they are still favorites to win it

I don’t think so.

Losing Durant and Iggy is huge for their defense. Draymond is not going to be able to cover up all of the gaps defensively. When the Warriors are lethal just from the perimeter, they are still a playoff team but they’re much easier to defend than when they have someone like KD who can dominate from all parts of the floor, inside and out.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1665 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:53 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
enetric wrote:I know people have a lot of sentiment for DLo. I get it. But as that no one can predict the future...if we face them in the finals in two years...will people be saying so glad we showed Dlo good will? And again...they may not even keep him. But could easily flip in later. They would have had no cap space and plenty of holes. I think people are looking past them. They are still a contender....the team to beat in the West until someone actually beats them.

I really want to see what we got out of it.

Honestly, yeah. Don't get me wrong, I really wanna know what (if) the Nets got anything too, but I remember a story about the Nets honoring 10-day contracts to two D-League players a few seasons ago to give them another year of service on record and agents and players took notice. As someone who's lived and breathed the corporate world the last 12 years, it's not the worst thing in the world to keep up a good reputation in all aspects of the franchise. We honored our player's wishes as best we could and if the the team we traded him to decides to trade him down the line, I'm fine living with the consequences on the chance we meet them in the finals. I'm more interested on how Marks and Atkinson continues to improve this team than if the Warriors and Russell can make it work or what they can get for him down the line.

Marks seems to be a massive believer in karma. He always tries to do good by players, even when we don’t have to. Thus far, it hasn’t come back to bite us but that’s not saying that it never will.
xfactor
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,592

Post#1666 » by xfactor » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:57 pm

jbeachboy wrote:what a great pickup by warriors to get d lo, they are still favorites to win it

Not even close. We're mentally and physically exhausted and beat up. The last 5 years of unprecedented grind, wear, and tear has taken it's toll, in addition to the losses of KD, Iggy, and others. This next year is basically a punt to rest, recover, and heal.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,782

Post#1667 » by Rich Rane » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:21 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
enetric wrote:I know people have a lot of sentiment for DLo. I get it. But as that no one can predict the future...if we face them in the finals in two years...will people be saying so glad we showed Dlo good will? And again...they may not even keep him. But could easily flip in later. They would have had no cap space and plenty of holes. I think people are looking past them. They are still a contender....the team to beat in the West until someone actually beats them.

I really want to see what we got out of it.

Honestly, yeah. Don't get me wrong, I really wanna know what (if) the Nets got anything too, but I remember a story about the Nets honoring 10-day contracts to two D-League players a few seasons ago to give them another year of service on record and agents and players took notice. As someone who's lived and breathed the corporate world the last 12 years, it's not the worst thing in the world to keep up a good reputation in all aspects of the franchise. We honored our player's wishes as best we could and if the the team we traded him to decides to trade him down the line, I'm fine living with the consequences on the chance we meet them in the finals. I'm more interested on how Marks and Atkinson continues to improve this team than if the Warriors and Russell can make it work or what they can get for him down the line.

Marks seems to be a massive believer in karma. He always tries to do good by players, even when we don’t have to. Thus far, it hasn’t come back to bite us but that’s not saying that it never will.

I'm with Marks, man. Just because there's a chance doing something good can bite us doesn't mean we never should.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1668 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:42 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

I'm with Marks, man. Just because there's a chance doing something good can bite us doesn't mean we never should.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t. So far, it’s helped us out a ton.

And while I think E is right about not being able to predict the future, I have a really hard time envisioning GSW getting back up to dynasty levels.

They’re older.

Core players, like Iggy and KD, have some resentment with the organization and will probably advise others to stay away.

And for whatever reason, other NBA stars really seem to hate Steph. Not that they’re vulnerable, I foresee a lot of players who the Warriors whipped on for years, coming back to kick them while they’re down.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,745

Post#1669 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:10 am

Rich Rane wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

Agreed.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#1670 » by MGrand15 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:23 am

If DLo somehow ends up killing us in the Finals, I think it's safe to say the trade was a massive success on our end. It's not like we traded him to a division rival or something like that.

I'm glad DLo is on a great team with a great coach. No idea how he fits there but seeing him next to Curry + Draymond is going to be a lot of fun.
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#1671 » by Shark » Tue Jul 2, 2019 3:17 am

There's reports that the Suns didn't go after D-Lo because they thought he'd be a bad influence on Booker. How stupid could an organization be?
bud29
Junior
And1: 139

Post#1672 » by bud29 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 3:23 am

Shark wrote:There's reports that the Suns didn't go after D-Lo because they thought he'd be a bad influence on Booker. How stupid could an organization be?

Oh man. :lol: That's a team that hasn't been paying attention for the past two years.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1673 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:01 am

Shark wrote:There's reports that the Suns didn't go after D-Lo because they thought he'd be a bad influence on Booker. How stupid could an organization be?

Russell is a very professional, hard worker and he's fairly humble. The Suns have horrible management, clearly.

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1674 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jul 2, 2019 7:29 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Russell is a very professional, hard worker and he's fairly humble. The Suns have horrible management, clearly.

I could be wrong but I don’t think this necessarily means that they think DLo is a bad person.

It could also be interpreted in a different way.

If the Suns know/believe that Booker can easily distracted, bringing his BFF to work with him could very easily cause him to lose the focus that the organization wants him to have.

If true, it probably wouldn’t be a great long term play as Booker would get upset. The only chance you really have of smoothing a relationship like that is by having the team exceed expectations and win something of significance, like the Raptors did with Lowry after trading away Derozan.
Say10
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1675 » by Say10 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:34 am

Suns are a full blown bum organization. That old bag was right about Sarver.
SubZero
Junior
And1: 185

Post#1676 » by SubZero » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:08 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1677 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:02 pm

Fan for life of this young man. Fan for LIFE.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1678 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 8, 2019 7:25 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Fan for life of this young man. Fan for LIFE.

yup. one of my favorite nets of all time. what he did for this team may never be matched. he built the brooklyn nets.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#1679 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Jul 8, 2019 11:41 pm

I don't know why but I'm more sad about losing Russell than any other Nets player I can remember. Does anyone else feel this way?

Just feels like he grew up here and really wanted to make his legacy here.

I'm obviously ecstatic about the moves we made but I genuinely did not want to lose the guy. Feels like he was the reason everything happened.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1680 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 9, 2019 1:52 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I don't know why but I'm more sad about losing Russell than any other Nets player I can remember. Does anyone else feel this way?

Just feels like he grew up here and really wanted to make his legacy here.

I'm obviously ecstatic about the moves we made but I genuinely did not want to lose the guy. Feels like he was the reason everything happened.

It hurts honestly. Those nights where he went Ice in his veins mode were some of the happiest memories I've had from the Nets in years.

I hope he does his thing in Golden State

Return to Brooklyn Nets