ImageImageImage

Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt. 8: You're Killing Me Smalls

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Re: Celtics General Offseason Thread Pt. 8: You're Killing Me Smalls 

Post#1961 » by OldCeltics » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:00 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
FeedReed wrote:hope kat for tatum is still in play. c’s are contenders if that move was to be made. sorry, but tatum is a total fraud to me, and they already have enough wings.

Minnesota isnt trading KAT. People really need to move on from this pipe dream.

May I ask why some one would dream of pipes? Are they straight or bent pipes? Do they deliver water? Not trying to be funny, just curious where this phrase originated.
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#1962 » by greenroom31 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:01 pm

OldCeltics wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
FeedReed wrote:hope kat for tatum is still in play. c’s are contenders if that move was to be made. sorry, but tatum is a total fraud to me, and they already have enough wings.

May I ask why some one would dream of pipes? Are they straight or bent pipes? Do they deliver water? Not trying to be funny, just curious where this phrase originated.

Think it means pipe-induced dream. In other words, you were smoking some funny stuff and ended up having some odd dreams.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,667

Post#1963 » by Green89 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:02 pm

return2glory wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:
Read on Twitter

Boston?

No, we don't have any cash at all to sign both of em, unless they both agree to the vet min. I think we renounced his rights, if I'm not mistaking(Marcus')?

The twins are in LA right now.

Possibly waiting to either sign with Kawhi, or take the leftover money of the team that doesn't sign Kawhi.
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Post#1964 » by OldCeltics » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:03 pm

greenroom31 wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Think it means pipe-induced dream. In other words, you were smoking some funny stuff and ended up having some odd dreams.

Thanks appreciate the explanation. Perhaps the phrase should then be pipe induced dream.
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,991

Post#1965 » by Floody100 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:07 pm

greenroom31 wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Correct.
pipe dream
Origin
late 19th century: referring to a dream experienced when smoking an opium pipe.
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#1966 » by Roddy » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:09 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#1967 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:10 pm

greenroom31 wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Kyrie waived his trade kicker to get to Boston. Does that mean Wyc and Danny showed up with a gym bag full of unmarked bills?

Following a paper trail of money involving millions of dollars is easy, IMO. If the NBA can't track millions of dollars, then they are a trash organization.

That was a weird situation in that he was trying to force his way out and pick a destination to land. That's actually another example of a player using the system to help push him where he wants to go.

As for tracking the money, that's not the hard part. It's proving that it was unfairly gifted.

I think it's fairly easy to prove, IMO. Let's say that Lebron did, in fact, get Warner Bros to give AD a role in Space Jam 2. Well, all the NBA really needs to do is look at AD's movie contract. Is he getting paid $4 million for 3-4 days work? Is that money he's getting for his role commensurate with what other actors are getting for similar gigs? What are the other NBA players in Space Jam 2 getting paid? Is Dame Lillard getting $4 million for the same amount of work? If not, then the NBA has something to work with in building a case that the Lakers are circumventing the salary cap
tombattor
General Manager
And1: 807

Post#1968 » by tombattor » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:13 pm

Roddy wrote:

We can be the market
LobCityRondo2KG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,070

Post#1969 » by LobCityRondo2KG » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:15 pm

I’m sure someone will sign cousins at the right price.. hw could be a great buy low guy.. i think he ends up on the lakers
LobCityRondo2KG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,070

Post#1970 » by LobCityRondo2KG » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:16 pm

I have a feeling we end up with Steven Adams when the Rozier trade gets finalized
UNCBlue012
Analyst
And1: 4,141

Post#1971 » by UNCBlue012 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:21 pm

Man, I'm all nerves thinking about the Kawhi signing. If he goes to the Lakers, the league is screwed; and I truly mean that. That team can sustain high-profile injuries, lack depth and still be dominant. A move to the Clippers would be an incredible mediator and the Raptors would be fine as well.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Post#1972 » by Darth Celtic » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:22 pm

LobCityRondo2KG wrote:I have a feeling we end up with Steven Adams when the Rozier trade gets finalized

There is like no actual way unless you trade Hayward for him, and why in the world would OKC do that?
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
NYCelticsfan136
Veteran
And1: 1,687

Post#1973 » by NYCelticsfan136 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:24 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
3D Chess wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Speaking of leaks - that Laker insider on reddit turned out to be Jeannie Buss' nephew. LOL. If the Raptors were smart, they'd be wise to point out their organization is pretty good at keeping secrets - something which Kawhi apparently values.

lol, links please. How did this come out?

It was on reddit. All of the threads are a barren wasteland now, but a bunch of users (presumably angry Raptors fans) decided to doxx that RDAmbition account. Started off with the discovery that he was a Trump supporter. Ended off with them putting 2 and 2 together - RDAmbition stands for Riley Drexel.

The lesson to be learned here - if you ever start up a burner account, don't include your real initials in the screen name.

If that’s the case then it’s over. He’s going to go ride lebroni’s cocktails.
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Post#1974 » by Mr Loggins » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:25 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:
meatball sub wrote:Are we doing the whole speaking it into existence thing with this KAT chatter? Because I’m down.

No lie I did it with Kemba. I also did it with Kanter but I didn’t really want Kanter. But nevertheless I did it.

So Towns is coming to us, I feel it. Ainge about to make another big deal with Minny.

I don’t think the celtics have enough for KAT. Rosas isn’t about to do Ainge any favors.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1975 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:26 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
3D Chess wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Speaking of leaks - that Laker insider on reddit turned out to be Jeannie Buss' nephew. LOL. If the Raptors were smart, they'd be wise to point out their organization is pretty good at keeping secrets - something which Kawhi apparently values.

lol, links please. How did this come out?

It was on reddit. All of the threads are a barren wasteland now, but a bunch of users (presumably angry Raptors fans) decided to doxx that RDAmbition account. Started off with the discovery that he was a Trump supporter. Ended off with them putting 2 and 2 together - RDAmbition stands for Riley Drexel.

The lesson to be learned here - if you ever start up a burner account, don't include your real initials in the screen name.

LOL! This is legitimately the type of thing that could make Kawhi realize the BS theyve been spinning about their FA is a complete lie.
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#1976 » by KGboss » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:26 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
LobCityRondo2KG wrote:I have a feeling we end up with Steven Adams when the Rozier trade gets finalized

There is like no actual way unless you trade Hayward for him, and why in the world would OKC do that?
Why would we do that. ..

Adam's isnt better than Hayward

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#1977 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:29 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:
meatball sub wrote:Are we doing the whole speaking it into existence thing with this KAT chatter? Because I’m down.

No lie I did it with Kemba. I also did it with Kanter but I didn’t really want Kanter. But nevertheless I did it.

So Towns is coming to us, I feel it. Ainge about to make another big deal with Minny.

I think we aren't using your superpowers to their full potential. Why stop at KAT? Let's go for Giannis instead.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,696

Post#1978 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:30 pm

Cousins will end up on the LAL.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Bohemian
Analyst
And1: 3,308

Post#1979 » by Bohemian » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:41 pm