ImageImageImage

Woj: Theis re-signed

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,891

Re: Woj: Theis re-signed 

Post#41 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Jul 2, 2019 7:26 pm

Read on Twitter
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#42 » by cloverleaf » Tue Jul 2, 2019 7:26 pm

BigTrade92 wrote:GROSS

TERRIBLE MOVE

He was essentially free (I mean not really, if you want to count the $10M), as I understand it, as they could sign him back over the cap.
BigTrade92
General Manager
And1: 10,685

Post#43 » by BigTrade92 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 7:27 pm

cloverleaf wrote:So the C's now have three real centers -- in Kanter, Poirier, and Williams -- who can't shoot the 3.
Brad's gonna need to adjust. (Either that or he's gonna wear out Theis.)

On the other hand, they all can rebound, so his team has likely switched a weakness to a strength.

He kinda did it before when he only had Amir Johnson and Tyler Zeller. Although Olynyk played some Center.
BigTrade92
General Manager

Post#44 » by BigTrade92 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 7:28 pm

cloverleaf wrote:

TERRIBLE MOVE

He was essentially free (I mean not really, if you want to count the $10M), as I understand it, as they could sign him back over the cap.

Free doesn't always mean quality.
BillTheGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,930

Post#45 » by BillTheGOAT » Tue Jul 2, 2019 7:33 pm

BigTrade92 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

TERRIBLE MOVE

If there's a team option for Year 2 its a valuable expiring at the deadline if Houston implodes, or Vucevic or anyone is available,matching salaries wont be a problem.
BigTrade92
General Manager

Post#46 » by BigTrade92 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 7:34 pm

BillTheGOAT wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

If there's a team option for Year 2 its a valuable expiring at the deadline if Houston implodes, or Vucevic or anyone is available,matching salaries wont be a problem.

Good point.

Man, NBA players got it good. Millions thrown around just to make you a chess piece.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,891

Post#47 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Jul 2, 2019 7:37 pm

BigTrade92 wrote:
BillTheGOAT wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:Free doesn't always mean quality.

Good point.

Man, NBA players got it good. Millions thrown around just to make you a chess piece.

Theis got Bogans'd. But he's more serviceable though.
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#48 » by Tiny ball » Tue Jul 2, 2019 7:39 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:So it appears Yabu is on the way out?? But he's in the Summer League team. Hmm.

We could have the Dancing Bear and the Tree of Pear on the same team.

He is bit old to be summer league
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#49 » by Tiny ball » Tue Jul 2, 2019 7:41 pm

BigTrade92 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:So the C's now have three real centers -- in Kanter, Poirier, and Williams -- who can't shoot the 3.
Brad's gonna need to adjust. (Either that or he's gonna wear out Theis.)

On the other hand, they all can rebound, so his team has likely switched a weakness to a strength.

He kinda did it before when he only had Amir Johnson and Tyler Zeller. Although Olynyk played some Center.
Miss Olynyk guy could do it all.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,285

Post#50 » by brackdan70 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 7:43 pm

Gant wrote:
Read on Twitter

This....dude can play!!!!

Love this signing both for keeping a rotation guy that knows the drill as well as the movable contract of decent size.
Sign here
000078ude54
Pro Prospect
And1: 551

Post#51 » by 000078ude54 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 7:47 pm

No offense to Theis but never was a fan of this guy. Was one of the players I thought should've been cut loose in the purge along with Yabusele and Ojeleye. But we're low on options.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,315

Post#52 » by chrisab123 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 7:48 pm

Why the hell did the Celtics sign Gordon Hayward again?
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#53 » by Spin Move » Tue Jul 2, 2019 7:49 pm

The salary of 5 mil is very trade able in a year or 2 he is a decent roation guy. We need more contracts that can stack for a big trade later.
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#54 » by Tiny ball » Tue Jul 2, 2019 7:50 pm

sam_I_am wrote:I love this signing but I wish it was 1 year 9 million so we can trade for Horford type salary before deadline. Maybe we can anyway....too lazy to check.

It could also mean that this year is a write off and next off season Danny has 15 million in expiring contracts plus picks to make something happen.

If this year is a right off and Danny does not give them a fat los angeles mexican puncher's chance he is a scumbag and should be tossed to the wolves.
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#55 » by Tiny ball » Tue Jul 2, 2019 8:08 pm

Spin Move wrote:The salary of 5 mil is very trade able in a year or 2 he is a decent roation guy. We need more contracts that can stack for a big trade later.

We need to win now with the players we have. Our players are world wide stars. They were on national international tv like near no other team. No one knows 76ers players but one. No one has heard of so many players you people think ARE stars. Jaylon Brown is bigger international star than almost any other player in the east. Bigger than Tatum. I was in market today in Asia. It was Celtics gear bring sold. Celtics are the world wide stars. Celtics fans are clueless what they have in Boston. STARS. INTERNATIONAL STARS. Celtics fans on this forum trying to trade International stars daily for players no one even cares about.
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#56 » by ParticleMan » Tue Jul 2, 2019 8:13 pm

chrisab123 wrote:Why the hell did the Celtics sign Gordon Hayward again?

yeah they definitely shouldn't have signed him after that gruesome ankle injury that would take two years to fully heal.

oh wait...
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#57 » by Tiny ball » Tue Jul 2, 2019 8:17 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
Spin Move wrote:The salary of 5 mil is very trade able in a year or 2 he is a decent roation guy. We need more contracts that can stack for a big trade later.

We need to win now with the players we have. Our players are world wide stars. They were on national international tv like near no other team. No one knows 76ers players but one. No one has heard of so many players you people think ARE stars. Jaylon Brown is bigger international star than almost any other player in the east. Bigger than Tatum. I was in market today in Asia. It was Celtics gear bring sold. Celtics are the world wide stars. Celtics fans are clueless what they have in Boston. STARS. INTERNATIONAL STARS. Celtics fans on this forum trying to trade International stars daily for players no one even cares about.
I personally would trade Smart in a heart beat. For better star. Think he was traitor to the younger guys. Piss off smart in some hole.
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#58 » by Tiny ball » Tue Jul 2, 2019 8:24 pm

ParticleMan wrote:

yeah they definitely shouldn't have signed him after that gruesome ankle injury that would take two years to fully heal.

oh wait...
Was cryee sent to destroy the Celtics? Dam bad pass first game of season.
James master plan to destroy the east before his move west? Easy trip to finals. Wonder what cryee got out of this evil plan? KD in my?:-)
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,315

Post#59 » by chrisab123 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 8:28 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
ParticleMan wrote:

oh wait...
Was cryee sent to destroy the Celtics? Dam bad pass first game of season.
James master plan to destroy the east before his move west? Easy trip to finals. Wonder what cryee got out of this evil plan? KD in my?:-)

All I'm saying is that Theis is clearly the exact same player as Hayward at a much cheaper price. The exact same player
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#60 » by Tiny ball » Tue Jul 2, 2019 8:29 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Thousands of years of so called progress and building looks like crap. Maybe someone should read a book before building cheaply looking building like that.

Return to Boston Celtics