ImageImageImage

Hassan Whiteside appreciation thread

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Sinobas
Analyst
And1: 497

Re: Hassan Whiteside appreciation thread 

Post#41 » by Sinobas » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:01 am

So you guys got Meyers. aka Legend, aka Leonar_ (because his defense is so bad).

His defense is actually pretty solid now though. It only took him 7 years to develop that. But we had a "Meyers Leonard Block Watch" because the dude cannot freakin block shots. He has a combined 9 in the last 2 years.

He's a strong athletic guy, who can hold his own against guys like Cousins. He seems to have finally figured out that it's better to use his size and athletisism to just go up and dunk it when he's inside rather than putting up floaters. I kid you not, he would put up floaters in the paint, even if he was going against a PG.

He is an excellent shooter, just look at his numbers. He'd have the best TS% in the league if he took enough shots to qualify....which leads to one of his big problems....he hesistates to take wide open shots, which lead to someone else having to hoist up a shot against the clock. It would drive everyone bonkers. Stotts would throw his clipboard around and put him on the bench for it.
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#42 » by Zasterror » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:28 am

Sinobas wrote:So you guys got Meyers. aka Legend, aka Leonar_ (because his defense is so bad).

His defense is actually pretty solid now though. It only took him 7 years to develop that. But we had a "Meyers Leonard Block Watch" because the dude cannot freakin block shots. He has a combined 9 in the last 2 years.

He's a strong athletic guy, who can hold his own against guys like Cousins. He seems to have finally figured out that it's better to use his size and athletisism to just go up and dunk it when he's inside rather than putting up floaters. I kid you not, he would put up floaters in the paint, even if he was going against a PG.

He is an excellent shooter, just look at his numbers. He'd have the best TS% in the league if he took enough shots to qualify....which leads to one of his big problems....he hesistates to take wide open shots, which lead to someone else having to hoist up a shot against the clock. It would drive everyone bonkers. Stotts would throw his clipboard around and put him on the bench for it.

That last bit reminds me of McBob when he played for us. Very frustrating player due to his forever hesitant nature of taking shots, even when open. Hopefully Meyers learns that he has the green light here in Miami.
zgope1
Junior
And1: 600

Post#43 » by zgope1 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 3:54 am

happy to see him play meaningful basketball in 2016. done with him now. he's a drama queen and cry baby without the chops to deserve it. selfish player if i ever have seen one and really the bigger concern has just been how he takes up minutes that Bam should be using to keep developing
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#44 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Jul 2, 2019 6:56 am

The lesson here is this -

Don't fall in love with your own hype.

Hassan became much better then expected for a guy we found in the G-league, but he also was far worse then a true max guy.
So context is everything, he was a bargain that we turned to a negative asset because of the contract we offered.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Rock Hardy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,868

Post#45 » by Rock Hardy » Tue Jul 2, 2019 9:23 am

Bye bye Tin Man. All height, no heart. Some impressive block games, but he was only in it for himself, and underperformed when it mattered the most. I only appreciate that he's now gone.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#46 » by HIF » Tue Jul 2, 2019 9:43 am

Thanks for the good times. It's sad that we're going to remember you for the tantrums rather than the string of double doubles and super swats.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Post#47 » by somerandomdude » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:49 pm

I'm happy for him. He was getting screwed by Spo badly. Now, Portland gets a motivated Hassan on a contract year and he's gonna just how much Spo was holding him back.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#48 » by HeatIn5 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:19 pm

somerandomdude wrote:I'm happy for him. He was getting screwed by Spo badly. Now, Portland gets a motivated Hassan on a contract year and he's gonna just how much Spo was holding him back.

i have no doubt hassan will have a great year. He will be very effective.

It is passed this year after he gets paid again that i'd be wary of
Read on Twitter
somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Post#49 » by somerandomdude » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:24 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:
somerandomdude wrote:I'm happy for him. He was getting screwed by Spo badly. Now, Portland gets a motivated Hassan on a contract year and he's gonna just how much Spo was holding him back.

Meh, not many teams will put one of the best shotblockers in the NBA to guard the 3PT line, shut him completely out of the offense, and play mind games with his minutes. In fact, I doubt any team will ever reach that level of incompetency.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#50 » by HeatIn5 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:32 pm

somerandomdude wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:

Meh, not many teams will put one of the best shotblockers in the NBA to guard the 3PT line, shut him completely out of the offense, and play mind games with his minutes. In fact, I doubt any team will ever reach that level of incompetency.

that's some revisionist history if I've ever seen it.

We literally developed a zone defense to keep Hassan in the paint. Do you understand basketball? This isn't college, a player has to cover on the perimeter or else he will get called for defensive 3 seconds. Teams suckered him out. Spo adjusted and developed a D that became very effective.

We also didn't "shut him out of the offense". He was never the offense. Hassan's offensive explosion came from lobs. It was humiliating to watch us dump the ball into him and watch him struggle to play in the paint like he was a 14 year old AAU player trying to learn how to use his body. Not only that, but he openly complained that we wouldn't let him shoot 3's when he was also one of the leagues worst FT shooters.

I saw something last year that Andre Drummond has better numbers against Hassan than he does against any other big man. Hassan got HUMILIATED when we played good bigs. That is not on Spo. Hassan is a *****, there is nothing else to it. If you want the * to start with a B or a P, it still stands.

Read on Twitter
Rock Hardy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,868

Post#51 » by Rock Hardy » Tue Jul 2, 2019 8:06 pm

contract wrote:
Read on Twitter

Whiteside thinks he has shooters now.

No big man, those guys have someone to retrieve their misses now.

I hope he doesn't think that they're going to run their offense through him. :lol:

Portland fans after seeing that tweet:
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#52 » by gom » Tue Jul 2, 2019 8:09 pm

Rock Hardy wrote:
contract wrote:
Read on Twitter

Whiteside thinks he has shooters now.

No big man, those guys have someone to retrieve their misses now.

I hope he doesn't think that they're going to run their offense through him. :lol:

Portland fans after seeing that tweet:

Putting this in context so it never goes away:

Read on Twitter
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,868

Post#53 » by Paz » Wed Jul 3, 2019 8:33 pm

INB4 Lock. I’ve had the “pleasure” of spending time with Hassan and he’s not a bad dude. He’s like a super huge 8 year old. Take that for what it’s worth. Good luck in PDX Hassan.
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#54 » by Maroko » Wed Jul 3, 2019 9:01 pm

To think i dedicated some time for him...SMH IN BEFORE THE LOCK

LordRiley
Sixth Man
And1: 6,515

Post#55 » by LordRiley » Thu Jul 4, 2019 3:03 pm

CanesHeatFins wrote:In the minority here but...

Led our team in PER every year that he was here.

In this past supposed failure of a season, you won't find another player in the entire HISTORY of the league who averaged his pts rebs blks in his allotted minutes.

Our Defense became top 5 the second he got here and every year since.

His worst season average will likely top Bam's best future season avg

But hey apparently he Sucked because he didn't sing "zippity do da" out of his rear end because he didn't enjoy having his career unfairly tanked.

The vile the man gets here does not line up with his production. The second the new toy was drafted, appreciation was lost forever.

THat’s Heat fans for ya. Going to be funny when Heat are at the bottom of the league in rebounds and points in the paint. Mark my words, Heat will regret this.
Rafly
Starter
And1: 10,501

Post#56 » by Rafly » Thu Jul 4, 2019 6:21 pm

LordRiley wrote:

In this past supposed failure of a season, you won't find another player in the entire HISTORY of the league who averaged his pts rebs blks in his allotted minutes.

But hey apparently he Sucked because he didn't sing "zippity do da" out of his rear end because he didn't enjoy having his career unfairly tanked.

The vile the man gets here does not line up with his production. The second the new toy was drafted, appreciation was lost forever.

THat’s Heat fans for ya. Going to be funny when Heat are at the bottom of the league in rebounds and points in the paint. Mark my words, Heat will regret this.

You only show up for Hassan stuff. Strange.
LordRiley
Sixth Man

Post#57 » by LordRiley » Thu Jul 4, 2019 7:04 pm

Rafly wrote:
LordRiley wrote:

Prob because i have a life outside this forum. Sorry, maybe I’ll post more if it makes you happy.
Rafly
Starter

Post#58 » by Rafly » Thu Jul 4, 2019 7:10 pm

LordRiley wrote:
Rafly wrote:
LordRiley wrote:THat’s Heat fans for ya. Going to be funny when Heat are at the bottom of the league in rebounds and points in the paint. Mark my words, Heat will regret this.

Prob because i have a life outside this forum. Sorry, maybe I’ll post more if it makes you happy.

Strange that you interrupt your busy life to show up for Hassan stuff. But do you or do Hassan. All good.
LordRiley
Sixth Man

Post#59 » by LordRiley » Thu Jul 4, 2019 7:12 pm

Rafly wrote:
LordRiley wrote:
Rafly wrote:You only show up for Hassan stuff. Strange.

Strange that you interrupt your busy life to show up for Hassan stuff. But do you or do Hassan. All good.

Why does it matter to you, which thread i decide to post in? Seems like you have too much time on your hands, to know when i show up, and what threads i decide to post in. Get a life kid. :lol:
Rafly
Starter

Post#60 » by Rafly » Thu Jul 4, 2019 7:33 pm

LordRiley wrote:
Rafly wrote:
LordRiley wrote:Prob because i have a life outside this forum. Sorry, maybe I’ll post more if it makes you happy.

Why does it matter to you, which thread i decide to post in? Seems like you have too much time on your hands, to know when i show up, and what threads i decide to post in. Get a life kid. :lol:

Lol ok Hassan fanboy. Doesn’t matter to me. It’s just strange. Have some sort of fetish or something? Literally all it take is a couple of clicks to see a persons recent posts and your Heat ones are all about your guy. I just don’t have it in me to put another grown man on a pedestal. But like I said do you.

And yes fortunately, I have enough time on my hands to do as I please. In Colombia right now, will be in Brazil for the copa America final on Sunday and I’ll be back in Miami next week. I think I’m doing alright for a 29 year old kid who spends too much time on realgm apparently.

Return to Miami Heat