ImageImage

DeMarcus Cousins?!?

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

DeMarcus Cousins?!? 

Post#1 » by red96 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:20 pm

He hasn't been signed. WOJ says there isnt a market for him. Should the Rockets take a gamble and offer him the rest of the MLE to backup (more of splitting time with) Capela? Is a 1 year deal possible? Less minutes would help keep him healthy and his skillset gives the Rockets a whole new dimension on offense. Would he accept that role for 1 year? I personally believe he's LA bound. Just spitballing on a way to improve the Rockets from last season.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Re: DeMarcus Cousins?!? 

Post#2 » by TMU » Tue Jul 2, 2019 7:59 pm

I didn't think that he was particularly helpful without the ball last year with the Warriors. He will have to figure out a way to contribute grabbing rebound, boxing out and playing defense with minimal touches around the basket. His also looked incredibly slow most times. Tough call, but a 1-yr deal shouldn't hurt for the long-term.

As crazy as it seems, I think McGee would actually fit in a bit better for catch and lob, and put backs. Just more mobile overall even though he can only play like 10-15 mins.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#3 » by BallerTalk » Wed Jul 3, 2019 4:11 am

TMU wrote:I didn't think that he was particularly helpful without the ball last year with the Warriors. He will have to figure out a way to contribute grabbing rebound, boxing out and playing defense with minimal touches around the basket. His also looked incredibly slow most times. Tough call, but a 1-yr deal shouldn't hurt for the long-term.

As crazy as it seems, I think McGee would actually fit in a bit better for catch and lob, and put backs. Just more mobile overall even though he can only play like 10-15 mins.

I think McGee would definitely be a better fit.

Plus I have to wonder how committed Cousins would be to a back up role doing grind work during a season when he would likely be trying to reestablish his value for his next contract.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#4 » by K_chile22 » Thu Jul 4, 2019 8:54 pm

He's going to go somewhere he can start not go somewhere to be Clint's backup. That's what he'd be here
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#5 » by TMU » Tue Jul 9, 2019 2:09 am

LAL's roster is huge. AD, Cousins and McGee.

Return to Houston Rockets