ImageImageImage

Stefanski did one helluva job so far !!!

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 137

Stefanski did one helluva job so far !!! 

Post#1 » by kellmellus50 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 10:33 pm

Stefanski has done an incredible job making this roster way better with such little money. A bench consisting of D Rose, Kennard, Morris, and Thon is more than enough..and then you have our prized rookie Sekou, and other high upside players Thomas, Svi etc. This roster is now so much more adept at handling injuries now. Rose and Morris are former starters vets with experence..and good ones at that. So we have two starting caliber players backing up our PG and PF, who happened to be our most injured players. Great offseason so far!Frazier as the 3rd pg.Deividas Sirvydis, Jordan Bone nice picks.
I love the depth and I love the attitude of the guys were getting. I believe we are at least a 45 win team right now.
Stefanski is changing this whole team i wish he was here years ago.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Re: Stefanski did one helluva job so far !!! 

Post#2 » by MotownMadness » Wed Jul 3, 2019 10:38 pm

So far I’ve been happy with him. Besides dumping that 30th pick. Thought we could have gotten a few good prospects there
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#3 » by Han Solo » Wed Jul 3, 2019 10:39 pm

MotownMadness wrote:So far I’ve been happy with him. Besides dumping that 30th pick. Thought we could have gotten a few good prospects there

Yeah. Agree here for sure.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,209

Post#4 » by thesack12 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 10:42 pm

The Snell trade and the corresponding moves in the draft bring the grading curve down quite a bit.

I'll give him he has made some solid free agent signings. All of them are sound, the Frazier move I actually like the best. As somebody else said earlier, this FO is the opposite of the previous one. Bad in the trade market/good in the free agent market. Well good in free agency this summer anyways, last summer not so much.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,607

Post#5 » by Snakebites » Wed Jul 3, 2019 10:51 pm

I mean, all we're doing is low risk moves to try to get the best out of the core we have that we clearly can't move.

The real test comes in 2 years when we will have a clean-ish slate and need to figure out what we're doing with it. Until then we haven't really done much.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,698

Post#6 » by theBigLip » Wed Jul 3, 2019 10:51 pm

Didn't have much to work with, but we got incrementally better. So that's a plus.

Next year with Jackson, Galloway and Smith expiring, at least we will have a bit more room to maneuver. That will be a more interesting test.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#7 » by kellmellus50 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 10:59 pm

PG
Reggie Jackson
Derrick Rose
Tim Frazier
Jordan Bone
SG
Luke Kennard
Langston Galloway
Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk
SF
Bruce Brown
Khyri Thomas
Tony Snell
Deividas Sirvydis
PF
Blake Griffin
Sekou Doumbouya
Markieff Morris
C
Andre Drummond
Thon Maker

G-Jordan Bone 2-way
F-Louis King 2-way

Now that we have nothing left, I wonder who we get for with the minimum. We should snag a backup center before some other team does.
coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#8 » by coordinator0 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 11:16 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:PG
Now that we have nothing left, I wonder who we get for with the minimum. We should snag a backup center before some other team does.

They don't unless a trade comes along to clear some cap. A minimum signing now will still put the team into the tax.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#9 » by kellmellus50 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 11:23 pm

coordinator0 wrote:

They don't unless a trade comes along to clear some cap. A minimum signing now will still put the team into the tax.

Gores said he continues to be willing to go into the luxury tax for the right situation.
“I want to win as much as all of us want to win,” Gores said. “This has never been about our financial situation; it’s about delivering to Detroit. We’re going to do whatever it takes to win
coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#10 » by coordinator0 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 11:25 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Gores said he continues to be willing to go into the luxury tax for the right situation.
“I want to win as much as all of us want to win,” Gores said. “This has never been about our financial situation; it’s about delivering to Detroit. We’re going to do whatever it takes to win

The right situation is not a minimum signing for the 15th roster spot.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,209

Post#11 » by thesack12 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 11:26 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

1) Signing a random scrap heap free agent to the vets minimum, doesn't qualify as the "right situation" to go into the luxury tax.
2) I for one am skeptical Gores is actually willing to go into the tax.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#12 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jul 3, 2019 11:52 pm

If he can move Galloway for a better need, then GM of the year!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#13 » by SamFlow » Thu Jul 4, 2019 12:04 am

kellmellus50 wrote:Stefanski has done an incredible job making this roster way better with such little money. A bench consisting of D Rose, Kennard, Morris, and Thon is more than enough..and then you have our prized rookie Sekou, and other high upside players Thomas, Svi etc. This roster is now so much more adept at handling injuries now. Rose and Morris are former starters vets with experence..and good ones at that. So we have two starting caliber players backing up our PG and PF, who happened to be our most injured players. Great offseason so far!Frazier as the 3rd pg.Deividas Sirvydis, Jordan Bone nice picks.
I love the depth and I love the attitude of the guys were getting. I believe we are at least a 45 win team right now.
Stefanski is changing this whole team i wish he was here years ago.

Who do you put in as the starting sg?

SL in my eyes right now are:

RJ
Luke
Snell
Blake
Dre
BigDaddyJungle
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#14 » by edmunder_prc » Thu Jul 4, 2019 12:17 am

Starting lineup needs shooting, period.

Luke hopefully comes back shooting 40% from the 3 and can handle the ball a little.

A man can dream, right?

Still Galloway better be on the bench.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#15 » by Kilo » Thu Jul 4, 2019 12:28 am

Not as good as whoever the Grizzlies GM is -

Read on Twitter
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#16 » by DCintheD » Thu Jul 4, 2019 12:56 am

What has he done other than not overpay for washed up players?
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#17 » by kellmellus50 » Thu Jul 4, 2019 1:07 am

DCintheD wrote:What has he done other than not overpay for washed up players?

He's bringing a much better team on the floor that will win 45+ games and do better in the playoffs.The players he brought in will improve the system of winning .Just like the lions the players they brought in will also improve the team to make the playoffs too.
Great
Bench Warmer
And1: 65

Post#18 » by Great » Thu Jul 4, 2019 1:08 am

Upgraded the talent and depth to compete now.

Found young players with upside for the future.
Well done.

Svi and Khyri’s shooting will help a lot.
SamFlow
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by SamFlow » Thu Jul 4, 2019 1:15 am

thesack12 wrote:The Snell trade and the corresponding moves in the draft bring the grading curve down quite a bit.

I'll give him he has made some solid free agent signings. All of them are sound, the Frazier move I actually like the best. As somebody else said earlier, this FO is the opposite of the previous one. Bad in the trade market/good in the free agent market. Well good in free agency this summer anyways, last summer not so much.

The Snell trade was GREAT. How do you think you can get a SF with good D and Can hit the three for what we had to offer? That was the best case scenario.
BigDaddyJungle
SamFlow
Pro Prospect

Post#20 » by SamFlow » Thu Jul 4, 2019 1:17 am

Kilo wrote:Not as good as whoever the Grizzlies GM is -

Read on Twitter

Yeah, we didn't have much to trade that has value.

What he had to work with he did really well.
BigDaddyJungle

Return to Detroit Pistons