Future Free Agent Thread

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Jingles2
Junior
And1: 63

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1781 » by Jingles2 » Thu Jul 4, 2019 12:50 am

I would still like to add a little more size to the roster. Does anyone know if Sam Dekker signed anywhere? Combo forward that would mostly play the 4 with us. Maybe could be had for the minimum and would be good insurance to have. Still fairly young too.
Calhamid94
Sophomore
And1: 18

Post#1782 » by Calhamid94 » Thu Jul 4, 2019 12:54 am

Raul Neto is signing with philly
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#1783 » by sipclip » Thu Jul 4, 2019 1:07 am

Jingles2 wrote:I would still like to add a little more size to the roster. Does anyone know if Sam Dekker signed anywhere? Combo forward that would mostly play the 4 with us. Maybe could be had for the minimum and would be good insurance to have. Still fairly young too.
I haven't heard anything on him. I would like to take a look at Marquese Chriss. Nothing to lose but a hell of a lot to gain if it works out. Jabari would be my dream choice but I can't imagine he goes for the minimum. I have been surprised before though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#1784 » by KqWIN » Thu Jul 4, 2019 1:12 am

We're signing a shooter. Everything that Tony Jones has reported has come true, and his latest report was that they were looking at a wing shooter.

Possibilities: Nik Stauskas, Furkan Korkmaz, Corey Higgins, Duncan Robinson, Justin Holliday, Tyler Dorsey, Damion Lee

Who else?
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#1785 » by Luigi » Thu Jul 4, 2019 1:22 am

Calhamid94 wrote:Raul Neto is signing with philly

Nice addition.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#1786 » by red4hf » Thu Jul 4, 2019 1:29 am

Good for Raul...... If he can stay healthy, he could get a decent amount of floor time......
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#1787 » by dr0welf » Thu Jul 4, 2019 1:46 am

Luigi wrote:

Nice addition.

What Philly has a PG that can shoot now? Leagues in trouble
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#1788 » by Luigi » Thu Jul 4, 2019 1:47 am

dr0welf wrote:
Luigi wrote:

Nice addition.

What Philly has a PG that can shoot now? Leagues in trouble

But he's only a sophomore this year, so that's an issue for them.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#1789 » by sipclip » Thu Jul 4, 2019 2:22 am

KqWIN wrote:We're signing a shooter. Everything that Tony Jones has reported has come true, and his latest report was that they were looking at a wing shooter.

Possibilities: Nik Stauskas, Furkan Korkmaz, Corey Higgins, Duncan Robinson, Justin Holliday, Tyler Dorsey, Damion Lee

Who else?
I was thinking about Korkmaz earlier today. Well worth a look. I would also think about Henry Ellenson.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#1790 » by dr0welf » Thu Jul 4, 2019 3:05 am

I have 12 currently on the team unless I'm missing someone: Gobert, Davis, Bradley, Green, Niang, Bogie, Ingles, Oneal, Exum, DM, Conley, Mudiay

That leaves 3 more members + 2 2-way players. I'm seeing Reed, and our 3 draft picks all getting summer camp invites with a good shot of making one of those 5 positions. If we sign another shooter then 2 of those will have a chance at 2-way players.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#1791 » by AingesBurner » Thu Jul 4, 2019 3:50 am

I want DeMarcus Cousins at the 5 on the min, he signs for the same reason as Mudiay and ring chases. Our bench would be Exum-O’Neale-Ingles-Davis-Cousins.
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#1792 » by AingesBurner » Thu Jul 4, 2019 3:53 am

If we could get Cousins then our bench is as good as some NBA starting units.
Ingles is cooked.
Wolverine
Rookie
And1: 109

Post#1793 » by Wolverine » Thu Jul 4, 2019 6:48 am

Wish we had gotten TJ before the pacers
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#1794 » by Daddy 801 » Thu Jul 4, 2019 7:33 am

GobertReport wrote:If we could get Cousins then our bench is as good as some NBA starting units.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’d sign him for the min if he wanted to come. He didn’t seem to be a cancer in GS, and he has an extreme amount of upside if he pans out. I thought he made bone headed mistakes in the finals when he was playing under pressure. But I thought he played well at times. Even if he just got mins so Gobert could rest if Davis gets hurt. Worth it to me. I never thought I would agree to that risk, but we’re a deep enough team we can risk it. Also sort of insane to say that.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#1795 » by Crunch 99 » Thu Jul 4, 2019 1:02 pm

I know Tony says we are looking for a wing shooter, but I'd still really like to add Thabo if he is available for the vet minimum. Neither Green or Mudiay played much defense last season as far as I can tell. It would be nice to have Thabo for spot minutes here and there when other guys are slacking on D. In addition, he is reportedly a great mentor, teammate and veteran locker room presence.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#1796 » by AingesBurner » Thu Jul 4, 2019 1:20 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:If we could get Cousins then our bench is as good as some NBA starting units.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’d sign him for the min if he wanted to come. He didn’t seem to be a cancer in GS, and he has an extreme amount of upside if he pans out. I thought he made bone headed mistakes in the finals when he was playing under pressure. But I thought he played well at times. Even if he just got mins so Gobert could rest if Davis gets hurt. Worth it to me. I never thought I would agree to that risk, but we’re a deep enough team we can risk it. Also sort of insane to say that.

Exactly my thoughts and he doesn’t have the pressure to start every game, he can have time to heal, and I’d imagine Gobert will miss games to load management and same with Davis. Also if we meet Philly in the finals we have 3 big men to throw at Horford and Embiid.
Ingles is cooked.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#1797 » by Crunch 99 » Thu Jul 4, 2019 1:36 pm

GobertReport wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:

Exactly my thoughts and he doesn’t have the pressure to start every game, he can have time to heal, and I’d imagine Gobert will miss games to load management and same with Davis. Also if we meet Philly in the finals we have 3 big men to throw at Horford and Embiid.

I find it hard to believe that Cousins' value has been degraded all the way down to a vet minimum. I would take him at the vet minimum if he was willing to come here, but at the price, I suspect he would go to the Lakers or rejoin the Warriors.

On another note, I know Cousins is not close to being the all time great two way player that Durant is, but somewhat similar to Durant, he is a four time All Star coming back from an achilles injury. It's weird that teams are willing to pay Durant 40 million dollars per year on the hope that Durant can come back from the achilles injury, but are only willing to offer Cousins the vet minimum.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#1798 » by AingesBurner » Thu Jul 4, 2019 2:08 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:

I find it hard to believe that Cousins' value has been degraded all the way down to a vet minimum. I would take him at the vet minimum if he was willing to come here, but at the price, I suspect he would go to the Lakers or rejoin the Warriors.

On another note, I know Cousins is not close to the all time great two way player that Durant is, but somewhat similar to Durant, he is a four time All Star coming back from an achilles injury. There is something weird here that teams are willing to pay 35 to 40 million dollars per year to Durant on the hope that Durant can come back from the achilles injury to the player he was, but are only willing to pay Cousins the vet minimum.

Apparently he has no interested teams so he should reach out to Utah because of medical staff and coaches, also that would make us the deepest team in the west.
Ingles is cooked.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#1799 » by KqWIN » Thu Jul 4, 2019 3:06 pm

We could technically sign Korver again because he's been traded again.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#1800 » by Daddy 801 » Thu Jul 4, 2019 3:10 pm

KqWIN wrote:We could technically sign Korver again because he's been traded again.

I’d be all over that.

Return to Utah Jazz