ImageImageImage

Summer League Thread

Moderator: ijspeelman

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Summer League Thread 

Post#21 » by Stillwater » Wed Jul 3, 2019 1:16 am

Naz Long is a solid player, don't see any use for him in CLE though.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#22 » by Stillwater » Wed Jul 3, 2019 1:34 am

Zoosman needs to get a job on this roster
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,127

Post#23 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 1:39 am

Bradley out there getting all star calls he's got no shot at as a big man in the NBA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#24 » by gflem » Wed Jul 3, 2019 3:22 am

Stillwater wrote:
gflem wrote:Bolden, Windler and to some extent Wade looked like they know how to play. Thats what I am looking for in SL games. Bolden looks like he could be a decent shot blocker with good length and timing. Also moved well around the basket on both sides of the floor.
I am looking forward to see Porter and Garland (hopefully) in later SL games.

lol they all know how to play chief. It's being able to transfer their skill to a level of better athletes

Oh, ok. Thanks for correcting me on that.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Re: Summer League 

Post#25 » by gflem » Wed Jul 3, 2019 3:25 am

Stillwater wrote:ok Windler I see you . Damn this kid is one smart mf on the court

The other players arent? I thought they all know how to play.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#26 » by Stillwater » Wed Jul 3, 2019 4:12 am

gflem wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
gflem wrote:Bolden, Windler and to some extent Wade looked like they know how to play. Thats what I am looking for in SL games. Bolden looks like he could be a decent shot blocker with good length and timing. Also moved well around the basket on both sides of the floor.
I am looking forward to see Porter and Garland (hopefully) in later SL games.

lol they all know how to play chief. It's being able to transfer their skill to a level of better athletes

Oh, ok. Thanks for correcting me on that.

was half joking but the way you said it sounded odd to me.
obviously some of them are farther advanced mentally i guess thats what you meant by saying they know how to play
Stillwater
RealGM

Re: Summer League 

Post#27 » by Stillwater » Wed Jul 3, 2019 4:15 am

gflem wrote:
Stillwater wrote:ok Windler I see you . Damn this kid is one smart mf on the court

The other players arent? I thought they all know how to play.

:lol: right on...
i like windlers chances as a pro
Richfield
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,234

Post#28 » by Richfield » Wed Jul 3, 2019 5:52 am

Osetkowski is an Ox.

Oxetkowski.
Richfield
Bench Warmer

Post#29 » by Richfield » Wed Jul 3, 2019 5:53 am

Stillwater wrote:Naz Long is a solid player, don't see any use for him in CLE though.

You're seeing his use in Cleveland. Summer league point guard.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#30 » by Stillwater » Wed Jul 3, 2019 11:48 am

Richfield wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Naz Long is a solid player, don't see any use for him in CLE though.

You're seeing his use in Cleveland. Summer league point guard.

i dont agree if you're suggesting he wont be able to earn a backup role in the nba, but yeah he is just on cavs because they needed a proven scoring guard in sl to help them determine what other off ball options can step up.
Richfield
Bench Warmer

Post#31 » by Richfield » Wed Jul 3, 2019 11:03 pm

Not suggesting that at all. Suggesting he's of good use right now for the Cleveland Cavaliers summer league team, as I commented after game 1. That's a compliment.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#32 » by Stillwater » Thu Jul 4, 2019 1:06 am

Richfield wrote:Not suggesting that at all. Suggesting he's of good use right now for the Cleveland Cavaliers summer league team, as I commented after game 1. That's a compliment.

that's good because the implication was he was nothing more than a sl guard.
Richfield
Bench Warmer

Post#33 » by Richfield » Thu Jul 4, 2019 1:09 am

That's because you think of sl guard as a knock. I don't. It's an important job.

The implication all on your side of table.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#34 » by Stillwater » Thu Jul 4, 2019 1:20 am

Richfield wrote:That's because you think of sl guard as a knock. I don't. It's an important job.

The implication all on your side of table.

whatever pal, picky picky .
these threads have been slow to the point of a crawl since Lebron left and I have been here through the drought.
You may not agree with me,that's fine...but don't sit there trying to tell me what I think esp when it's clear what you said was implicating all he was is a sl pg serving his purpose with no chance in the league. Now you are backing up an argument that contradicts your original comments.
Richfield
Bench Warmer

Post#35 » by Richfield » Thu Jul 4, 2019 5:44 am

I think you're confused the difference between "implying" and "interpreting". Only I know what I am implying. Only you know what you are interpreting. Sometimes they match. Sometimes they don't. In this case, they didn't. You can't tell me what I'm implying and I can't tell you what you're interpreting. Get it?

If you had actually read what I wrote on Long the day before you claimed what I implied, you'd have more context to interpret my implications more accurately. It doesn't seem that complicated or important, but it seems like you need read more carefully and not be so defensive.

Maybe you need to spar with somebody to feel whole so after this I'll let you find someone else after I make these simple points. If you really want me to critique your consistency in player analysis right back to you and talk about "contradictions" too I could easily take you down a few notches just on your posts from draft night alone, and your multiple stances on KPJ within an hour or so. I don't care that you've been here since LeBron left, that's your decision. I see enough in one day to put you down if I wanted to. I try to stay mature about it, I hold off, but it sounds like you're trying to start crap here. So if you want a closer look in the mirror I could help show you where to look, let me know.

My original point in this post is, just don't tell people what they're implying, that makes no sense. I responded with my Summer League point guard comment after my own interpretation of your post about Long where you said something about not in Cleveland, where I thought (my interpretation, not necessarily your implication) that you were selling him short, not even a G-League spot or a call up, so I made it clear that he does at least have a current role for Cleveland in the summer league. If not more. That's more than you've got, right? That is an accomplishment in my book, although you're making it crystal clear from your point of view it's to be viewed as an insult. We just disagree. Maybe I interpreted your post wrong maybe I didn't, but I'm not going to tell you what you were implying.

In this post, I am clarifying how language and these two words actually work. Look them up if you have to, and go fight with google about them. You're out of bounds here telling me what I'm implying in response to your post. You just didn't get the point of my post and you don't seem to get the meaning of "imply". It's not your call.

I'm a little tired of educating you about stuff like this so I suggest not replying to any of my posts anymore unless you're interested in further lessons. This can't be flattering for you. This is frustrating for me to have to explain to you. You should know this stuff, what imply and interpret mean. Don't get frustrated at me for trying to explain them to you, I could be much harsher if I wanted to.

Take that stick out of there, maybe you need a break you seem a little confused. Just try to talk basketball if you can, or log out if you can't. It's not your job to tell posters what they mean, think about how crazy that is. Ridiculous.

Try to have a swell day Stillwater.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#36 » by Stillwater » Thu Jul 4, 2019 12:04 pm

Richfield wrote:I think you're confused the difference between "implying" and "interpreting". Only I know what I am implying. Only you know what you are interpreting. Sometimes they match. Sometimes they don't. In this case, they didn't. You can't tell me what I'm implying and I can't tell you what you're interpreting. Get it?

If you had actually read what I wrote on Long the day before you claimed what I implied, you'd have more context to interpret my implications more accurately. It doesn't seem that complicated or important, but it seems like you need read more carefully and not be so defensive.

Maybe you need to spar with somebody to feel whole so after this I'll let you find someone else after I make these simple points. If you really want me to critique your consistency in player analysis right back to you and talk about "contradictions" too I could easily take you down a few notches just on your posts from draft night alone, and your multiple stances on KPJ within an hour or so. I don't care that you've been here since LeBron left, that's your decision. I see enough in one day to put you down if I wanted to. I try to stay mature about it, I hold off, but it sounds like you're trying to start crap here. So if you want a closer look in the mirror I could help show you where to look, let me know.

My original point in this post is, just don't tell people what they're implying, that makes no sense. I responded with my Summer League point guard comment after my own interpretation of your post about Long where you said something about not in Cleveland, where I thought (my interpretation, not necessarily your implication) that you were selling him short, not even a G-League spot or a call up, so I made it clear that he does at least have a current role for Cleveland in the summer league. If not more. That's more than you've got, right? That is an accomplishment in my book, although you're making it crystal clear from your point of view it's to be viewed as an insult. We just disagree. Maybe I interpreted your post wrong maybe I didn't, but I'm not going to tell you what you were implying.

In this post, I am clarifying how language and these two words actually work. Look them up if you have to, and go fight with google about them. You're out of bounds here telling me what I'm implying in response to your post. You just didn't get the point of my post and you don't seem to get the meaning of "imply". It's not your call.

I'm a little tired of educating you about stuff like this so I suggest not replying to any of my posts anymore unless you're interested in further lessons. This can't be flattering for you. This is frustrating for me to have to explain to you. You should know this stuff, what imply and interpret mean. Don't get frustrated at me for trying to explain them to you, I could be much harsher if I wanted to.

Take that stick out of there, maybe you need a break you seem a little confused. Just try to talk basketball if you can, or log out if you can't. It's not your job to tell posters what they mean, think about how crazy that is. Ridiculous.

Try to have a swell day Stillwater.

Somebody just proved my point ...
noone is interested in your emotions little (insert dirty name of choice).
youre another holier than thou forum wrecker
that when called out goes into complete attack mode.
you claim you could take me down but i say you cannot accept others opinions as is having to respond as if the poster didnt know as much as you do.
you strike me as a over educated,broken hearted and ugly person.
your takes for the most part have been terrible and there have been too many.
After reading this last post from you i realize you actually believe your own bs.
at least i admit i dont always get it right, but i should'nt have to explain to you why you cant understand English as a basis for making a point.
Richfield
Bench Warmer

Post#37 » by Richfield » Thu Jul 4, 2019 12:30 pm

you keep judging posters instead of talking basketball. its sad. says a lot about you. grow up.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#38 » by Stillwater » Thu Jul 4, 2019 5:16 pm

Richfield wrote:you keep judging posters instead of talking basketball. its sad. says a lot about you. grow up.

It aint about you... my judgement is about your pathetic emo posts taking everything I or someone else says to you personal
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,127

Post#39 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jul 5, 2019 4:50 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Richfield wrote:you keep judging posters instead of talking basketball. its sad. says a lot about you. grow up.

It aint about you... my judgement is about your pathetic emo posts taking everything I or someone else says to you personal
If folks need a timeout, I can oblige them. Lay off the personal attacks. You're both over the line here. This is the last warning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#40 » by Stillwater » Fri Jul 5, 2019 4:55 pm

So I guess Neither Garland nor KPJ will play in Vegas either... seems strange to me.
I guess the goal is something other than typical.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers