What are the Thunder waiting for?

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

fox2jk
Junior
And1: 145

What are the Thunder waiting for? 

Post#1 » by fox2jk » Thu Jul 4, 2019 3:28 am

Demarcus Cousins is the best and only shot to balancing out this team and making them a contender. Sure he's a head case but what do you have to lose....??? Why haven't you signed him yet?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Re: What are the Thunder waiting for? 

Post#2 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Jul 4, 2019 4:23 am

fox2jk wrote:Demarcus Cousins is the best and only shot to balancing out this team and making them a contender. Sure he's a head case but what do you have to lose....??? Why haven't you signed him yet?

Because he won't play for free and he likely won't play for OKC. He is probably going to try to extract money from the LA team(s) that miss on Kawhi. Anthony Davis has said he'd like him there. LAL probably offers him the room exception if they land Kawhi and more if they don't. OKC is only offering the minimum.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#3 » by Andre Roberstan » Thu Jul 4, 2019 3:20 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
fox2jk wrote:Demarcus Cousins is the best and only shot to balancing out this team and making them a contender. Sure he's a head case but what do you have to lose....??? Why haven't you signed him yet?

Because he won't play for free and he likely won't play for OKC. He is probably going to try to extract money from the LA team(s) that miss on Kawhi. Anthony Davis has said he'd like him there. LAL probably offers him the room exception if they land Kawhi and more if they don't. OKC is only offering the minimum.

Pretty much. Also I'm pretty sure Noel signed with an expectation of play time and barring an Adams move that means he'd get pushed out of rotation.

Plus I'm not convinced how well Boogie's recovered from his Achilles injury.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#4 » by Balkman32 » Fri Jul 5, 2019 4:08 pm

Doubt that the Thunder bring in Boogie. Now if the Thunder move Adams there would be spot for him.

I think after the Kawhi shoe drops Boogie will have a better idea on where he could go. If a LA team don’t get Kawhi, I could see Boogie as a one year backup plan.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder