ImageImage

Meyers Leonard's long awaited appreciation topic

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

kumquat
Starter
And1: 63

Re: Meyers Leonard's long awaited appreciation topic 

Post#21 » by kumquat » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:07 am

It's been a love hate relationship between myself and myers.....i'm gonna miss the funny things he does on court. Will be tuning in to watch some miami games with a soft spot in my heart
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#22 » by d-train » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:03 pm

Shem wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:I was happy he started coming into his own. I think he'll be solid for the Heat, but thinking of Meyers being the starting C had me sweating there for a bit lol.

that and the possibility of Olshey re-signing him. Of course, I guess that could still happen....damn

Meyers and Mo get to trade in the Oregon winter and income tax for the Miami winter and no tax. They're doing alright...except for hurricanes

Harkless is actually going to the Clippers. It's part of the 4 team trade for the Heat to get Jimmy Butler.

It's interesting the Blazers contribution to the Jimmy Butler trade. Clippers contributed cap room and the Blazers contributed players. Blazers had the players teams wanted.
d-train
RealGM

Post#23 » by d-train » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:17 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:
elias808 wrote:Gotta give big ups to Meyers for his off court performance. He would often come into the restaurant I worked at, and was nothing but amazing to my staff. For that, ill give him props!

Portland has a roster of quality people

I actually think Paul Allen gets big credit for this. After the JailBlazer days, he said enough is enough. In fact, I remember a couple of interviews he gave where he said he was making it a priority to only go after high character guys. I think Olshey received those instructions and executed them very well.

In that light, Whiteside may represent a small gamble but I think everybody in the organization has confidence in Dame's leadership

The JailBlazers was a creation by fake news. That team had character flaws but nobody was a criminal except the aholes that propagated the fake news. Bonzi was a thug and a racist. Patterson was a thug and an alcoholic. But, I loved watching physical basketball when my team was overpowering the opponent. The problem wasn't the thuggery. It was the lack of discipline to channel it to just basketball on the court.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,955

Post#24 » by DusterBuster » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:32 pm

d-train wrote:The JailBlazers was a creation by fake news. That team had character flaws but nobody was a criminal except the aholes that propagated the fake news. Bonzi was a thug and a racist. Patterson was a thug and an alcoholic. But, I loved watching physical basketball when my team was overpowering the opponent. The problem wasn't the thuggery. It was the lack of discipline to channel it to just basketball on the court.

I throw up in my own mouth a little every time someone unironically uses the phrase "fake news".
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
d-train
RealGM

Post#25 » by d-train » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:59 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
d-train wrote:The JailBlazers was a creation by fake news. That team had character flaws but nobody was a criminal except the aholes that propagated the fake news. Bonzi was a thug and a racist. Patterson was a thug and an alcoholic. But, I loved watching physical basketball when my team was overpowering the opponent. The problem wasn't the thuggery. It was the lack of discipline to channel it to just basketball on the court.

I throw up in my own mouth a little every time someone unironically uses the phrase "fake news".

Fake news is an accurate description of what I hear reported by the media in this country. Trump has used the phrase to confront the dishonest media, but I wonder who first used it. The first time I heard the phrase is when Hillary said it.
d-train
RealGM

Post#26 » by d-train » Tue Jul 2, 2019 3:02 pm

DusterBuster wrote:

I love it every time I hear it. I love when intellectually dishonest people are called out for their dishonesty. I would think everyone loves it.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#27 » by DusterBuster » Tue Jul 2, 2019 3:13 pm

Ugh
d-train
RealGM

Post#28 » by d-train » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:14 pm

DusterBuster wrote:Ugh

I haven't read the book yet but I plan to because I like the topic that is being examined. Someone wrote a book called unfreedom of the press. The premise as I understand it is our freedom of the press has been stolen from us when the media is no longer a free exchange of diverse ideas and debate. When the media universally parrots the same agenda with no honest discussion of dissenting viewpoints that is not a free press. It's supposed to be a scholarly study of the media and how they are failing us.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,082

Post#29 » by DaVoiceMaster » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:20 pm

d-train wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:
elias808 wrote:Gotta give big ups to Meyers for his off court performance. He would often come into the restaurant I worked at, and was nothing but amazing to my staff. For that, ill give him props!

Portland has a roster of quality people

I actually think Paul Allen gets big credit for this. After the JailBlazer days, he said enough is enough. In fact, I remember a couple of interviews he gave where he said he was making it a priority to only go after high character guys. I think Olshey received those instructions and executed them very well.

In that light, Whiteside may represent a small gamble but I think everybody in the organization has confidence in Dame's leadership

The JailBlazers was a creation by fake news. That team had character flaws but nobody was a criminal except the aholes that propagated the fake news. Bonzi was a thug and a racist. Patterson was a thug and an alcoholic. But, I loved watching physical basketball when my team was overpowering the opponent. The problem wasn't the thuggery. It was the lack of discipline to channel it to just basketball on the court.

I guess it depends on your definition of criminal. Nanny rapist, drug paraphernalia, dog fighting, etc. There was a lot of talent on those teams, but there was a lot of stupidity, as well. Oh, and Oregon was still hanging people in Salem. I miss the team based on talent alone. What they might have accomplished had they not had a bunch of $whiteheads on the roster.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,315

Post#30 » by Shem » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:27 pm

d-train wrote:
Shem wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:
that and the possibility of Olshey re-signing him. Of course, I guess that could still happen....damn

Meyers and Mo get to trade in the Oregon winter and income tax for the Miami winter and no tax. They're doing alright...except for hurricanes

Harkless is actually going to the Clippers. It's part of the 4 team trade for the Heat to get Jimmy Butler.

It's interesting the Blazers contribution to the Jimmy Butler trade. Clippers contributed cap room and the Blazers contributed players. Blazers had the players teams wanted.

If I recall, the Clippers were given a 1st from Miami to take Harkless. To me that sounds like:

"Take Harkless"
"We don't want him though"
"We'll give you a 1st round pick if you do"
"Okay then"
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,082

Post#31 » by DaVoiceMaster » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:35 pm

Miami had to clear space to sign Butler and Dallas backed out of the agreed upon trade that would have done that. Miami didnt have a lot of choice if they wanted Butler so they had to include a pick to get someone who could take Harkless' contract.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,867

Post#32 » by JasonStern » Tue Jul 2, 2019 6:19 pm

what can I say that hasn't already been said?

Miami fan: Wait - we ended up with Leonard *AND* Butler in free agency? SUCK IT, LAKERS! WE'RE BACK!
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
pootbrah
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#33 » by pootbrah » Tue Jul 2, 2019 8:42 pm

Most attractive guy in the league imo (when his hair and facial hair isnt disgusting).

I love the love in thia thread for someone that helped cripple our cap. Yet still seemingly was able to recoup his value in other ways. Great guy, all the best Meyers :)
d-train
RealGM

Post#34 » by d-train » Tue Jul 2, 2019 8:48 pm

pootbrah wrote:Most attractive guy in the league imo (when his hair and facial hair isnt disgusting).

Do they put any points on the scoreboard for that?
pootbrah
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#35 » by pootbrah » Tue Jul 2, 2019 9:14 pm

d-train wrote:
pootbrah wrote:Most attractive guy in the league imo (when his hair and facial hair isnt disgusting).

Do they put any points on the scoreboard for that?

it ups team chem by 6pct in the 2k scale
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran
And1: 4,158

Post#36 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Tue Jul 2, 2019 9:34 pm

i just saw this hahahah

Read on Twitter
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,456

Post#37 » by Pattycakes » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:06 pm

Thank you Jesus.
RoyalWun
Lead Assistant
And1: 471

Post#38 » by RoyalWun » Thu Jul 4, 2019 5:14 pm

If he was making less... Like....a lot less, I wouldn't mind him on the team. But 10mil was just too much for too little.
Dammit...:

I've got Nurkic fever now.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#39 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jul 4, 2019 6:24 pm

RoyalWun wrote:If he was making less... Like....a lot less, I wouldn't mind him on the team. But 10mil was just too much for too little.

If he had signed something like a 4 year 20-25mil deal, I think fans would have looked at him a lot differently.
deanwoof
Assistant Coach
And1: 811

Post#40 » by deanwoof » Thu Jul 4, 2019 8:37 pm

I love the love in thia thread for someone that helped cripple our cap. Yet still seemingly was able to recoup his value in other ways. Great guy, all the best Meyers :)

It even close to the most attractive guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to Portland Trail Blazers