Putting Dante Exum into perspective

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Re: Putting Dante Exum into perspective 

Post#181 » by stitches » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:17 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:So it sounds like we are going to run it back with glassman again, and not even with Neto, where we hope we can get 82 total games combined from the two of them. So has anyone seen or heard of Exum working out or anything?

Don't quote me on this but I think I heard somewhere that Dante is in SLC and working but no idea on whether he's rehabbing or training... I think it was one of the rookies that said in an interview that he's met with Dante at the training facility or something...

Here's some news from yesterday:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,464

Post#182 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:50 pm

Hopefully Exum won't aggravate his injury by picking up a faux microphone made of air when doing the sideline reporting.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#183 » by pickIBL » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:24 pm

Jazz need to shop Exum and bradley for more role players for this team
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#184 » by Winglish » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:00 pm

pickIBL wrote:Jazz need to shop Exum and bradley for more role players for this team
I agree 100%.

Sent from my SM-G892U using RealGM mobile app
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#185 » by zero24gravity » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:07 pm

Winglish wrote:
pickIBL wrote:Jazz need to shop Exum and bradley for more role players for this team
I agree 100%.

I imagine Bradley has negative value. I doubt they could get any takers. If they could trade him for a jar of protein powder, they should probably do it.

I still have belief in Dante, and am glad he's still with the the Jazz. However, Exum has more value to the Jazz than any other team due to their knowledge of him and the time they've put into his development/rehab. Still, I doubt there's anyone lining up to take him, so not sure why anyone thinks they could get anything decent for him on the trade market, or that there's a team dying to take on his contract in a salary dump.

Even if you want to get rid of them. Shop them where? For what? Gotta be realistic.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#186 » by pickIBL » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:55 pm

Maybe another team not in contention has a contract they want to move. Hate to say it but for the right player maybe you dangle a dp and use those guys to match salaries.

Rumors saying markief morris might take an lle level deal?
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,814

Post#187 » by Diop » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:57 pm

I would happily give Exum a go, who do you want? Marv, MKG, Zeller, Batum? Lots of delicious experience. :D
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#188 » by pickIBL » Wed Jul 3, 2019 12:34 am

I was thinking Lou for Exum and a 1st.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,284

Post#189 » by babyjax13 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 7:20 am

pickIBL wrote:I was thinking Lou for Exum and a 1st.

Maybe Louis Amundson

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#190 » by babyjax13 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 7:21 am

Diop wrote:I would happily give Exum a go, who do you want? Marv, MKG, Zeller, Batum? Lots of delicious experience. :D

I still like the Dante + 2 2nds for Marv deal that lots of Charlotte fans seemed good with on the trade board.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,814

Post#191 » by Diop » Wed Jul 3, 2019 7:53 am

babyjax13 wrote:
Diop wrote:I would happily give Exum a go, who do you want? Marv, MKG, Zeller, Batum? Lots of delicious experience. :D

I still like the Dante + 2 2nds for Marv deal that lots of Charlotte fans seemed good with on the trade board.

I think you're staying put now, your team has filled out rather nicely
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#192 » by pickIBL » Wed Jul 3, 2019 12:53 pm

babyjax13 wrote:

Maybe Louis Amundson

If clips dont get kawhi they are rebuilding right?
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#193 » by babyjax13 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 4:15 pm

pickIBL wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

Maybe Louis Amundson

If clips dont get kawhi they are rebuilding right?

I'm sure they can do better than this for Lou. This seems like a deal to dump Dante into cap space, not to get a useful player. [also, sorry, my first post was kinda dickish ... just read recent reports about the United States' border camps and was in a foul mood]

JColl
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#194 » by Winglish » Wed Jul 3, 2019 5:12 pm

I'd do a deal for Marvin Williams. He'd be perfect for what the Jazz need.

devilsadvocate9
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#195 » by devilsadvocate9 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 7:10 pm

This is such an interesting trade
This is a Win now move and makes the Jazz much better this year, but I would only do it if it makes the Jazz favorites for the title
Exum has a great ceiling and if he develops this would be a disaster trade

I see the team waiting to see how the team does during the year, and this might be a deadline deal to put them over the edge.

Conley
Mitchell
Bogan
Williams
Gobert

Bench: Ingles, Davis, O'neall, Green, Mudiay

That's a great team and roster with no real weakness

How has Williams done historically guarding players like Lebron or bigger PFs?
stitches
RealGM

Post#196 » by stitches » Thu Jul 4, 2019 9:10 pm

Just in case you missed it:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

If they truly see him like this you can bid farewell to any potential Exum move that's not for a very high level of player.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#197 » by pickIBL » Thu Jul 4, 2019 10:08 pm

The jazz value shooting too much now not to shop him. Exum was supposed to be penny lite. Lil penny. Something. If he breaks down yet again or passes up shots (or clanks them) in the 3D role hanging on to him could leave the jazz one piece short.

In the semis or finals if the jazz are fortunate enough to get there.... everyone here will have little patience for dante passing up or missing key perimeter shots. And that's if he's not in a suit.
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#198 » by Luigi » Thu Jul 4, 2019 11:55 pm

stitches wrote:Just in case you missed it:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

If they truly see him like this you can bid farewell to any potential Exum move that's not for a very high level of player.

I read this as the Jazz aren't willing to take a bath on Exum, and will wait for him to rehab his value before moving him. It's obvious to fans why we would benefit from moving him. He's not very good at basketball when healthy, and is getting paid an awful lot of money to not even play. I don't think management is that silly about Exum. But then again, they did give him 3/33 with no competing offers, so...
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
stitches
RealGM

Post#199 » by stitches » Fri Jul 5, 2019 5:16 am

pickIBL wrote:The jazz value shooting too much now not to shop him. Exum was supposed to be penny lite. Lil penny. Something. If he breaks down yet again or passes up shots (or clanks them) in the 3D role hanging on to him could leave the jazz one piece short.

In the semis or finals if the jazz are fortunate enough to get there.... everyone here will have little patience for dante passing up or missing key perimeter shots. And that's if he's not in a suit.

I don't know why people continue to insist on this. The Jazz are not shopping Exum. In fact EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF EVIDENCE and reporting we have is that they are trying hard NOT TO INCLUDE HIM in trades. Tony has been on fire with his Jazz reporting this off-season... he's gotten pretty much everything right... I have no reason to doubt him and furthermore - you don't have to rely on just his reports - just look at what the Jazz have been doing and trust their actions if you don't trust Jones' reports - they gave him a contract noone else in the league would have given him. They continue to heap praise on him every chance they get. They continue to refuse to include him in trades(twice in the Conley trade now)... it would have been so much easier to just include him in the Memphis trade and get a full max-ish slot available(instead of just the 17M we got by trading Favors). They didn't. To me all the evidence points to what Tony is reporting - the Jazz truly value Exum and expect big things from him.

We don't have to agree with the FO's evaluation. But we have to stop with those scenarios where we drop Exum and use additional 1sts to add a non-impact player. IMO Exum will play out his contract with the Jazz and either take the step they expect him to take or they just won't give up on him until his contract is out.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#200 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Jul 5, 2019 7:13 am

stitches wrote:
pickIBL wrote:The jazz value shooting too much now not to shop him. Exum was supposed to be penny lite. Lil penny. Something. If he breaks down yet again or passes up shots (or clanks them) in the 3D role hanging on to him could leave the jazz one piece short.

I don't know why people continue to insist on this. The Jazz are not shopping Exum. In fact EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF EVIDENCE and reporting we have is that they are trying hard NOT TO INCLUDE HIM in trades. Tony has been on fire with his Jazz reporting this off-season... he's gotten pretty much everything right... I have no reason to doubt him and furthermore - you don't have to rely on just his reports - just look at what the Jazz have been doing and trust their actions if you don't trust Jones' reports - they gave him a contract noone else in the league would have given him. They continue to heap praise on him every chance they get. They continue to refuse to include him in trades(twice in the Conley trade now)... it would have been so much easier to just include him in the Memphis trade and get a full max-ish slot available(instead of just the 17M we got by trading Favors). They didn't. To me all the evidence points to what Tony is reporting - the Jazz truly value Exum and expect big things from him.

We don't have to agree with the FO's evaluation. But we have to stop with those scenarios where we drop Exum and use additional 1sts to add a non-impact player. IMO Exum will play out his contract with the Jazz and either take the step they expect him to take or they just won't give up on him until his contract is out.

This does seem evident. Plus I’d rather keep Exum another season and hope he turns it around of it means giving up draft picks to trade him. M

Return to Utah Jazz