Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#41 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:51 am

DarkXaero wrote:I think the media campaign/narrative against him has distracted people from realizing how talented/good he can be. If he stays healthy and buys in, he can produce like a top 10 superstar in our system IMO.

That’s exactly it. He has to buy in.

While I agree with Kyrie that he’s a basketball genius, that’s only with respect to creativity and taking over. You can’t take over all of the time. He needs to learn how to manage a game and pick his spots. That’s what the best of the best are able to do.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,546

Post#42 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:52 pm

I'm glad to see that we're all embracing this guy. He wanted to be here. that's all I need to know.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#43 » by Paradise » Tue Jul 2, 2019 3:51 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:I think the media campaign/narrative against him has distracted people from realizing how talented/good he can be. If he stays healthy and buys in, he can produce like a top 10 superstar in our system IMO.

That’s exactly it. He has to buy in.

While I agree with Kyrie that he’s a basketball genius, that’s only with respect to creativity and taking over. You can’t take over all of the time. He needs to learn how to manage a game and pick his spots. That’s what the best of the best are able to do.

I’d rather take my chances with Kyrie trying to learn and figure out our system and culture versus taking that chance with a Russell Westbrook.
LondonCeltics
Senior
And1: 502

Post#44 » by LondonCeltics » Fri Jul 5, 2019 6:40 am

It's genuinely a shame your apparently enviable culture associated with your young guys may be a thing of the past.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#45 » by Prokorov » Fri Jul 5, 2019 10:21 am

LondonCeltics wrote:It's genuinely a shame your apparently enviable culture associated with your young guys may be a thing of the past.

Well, unlike the young players on the celitcs, the nets young players are actually humble, hard working, high charecter players who had to work, scratch, and claw there way to where they are now. it is why we have such great culture and why kyrie is such an elite fit here and part of why he wanted to come here

this isnt the toxic celtic locker room with enitled ego maniacs like rozier, tatum, and brown who think they are gods gift to basically because of some fugazy ECF run. like great you won a couple rounds in the playoffs. how about shutting up, accepting your role and working hard instead of expecting the keys to a franchise be given to you in year 2 or 3 because you had a cup of tea in the playoffs?

The only shame is that with all the nets picks and with all that cap ainge is sitting with a toxic group of guys on a treadmill team ready to imploding sellting for the enes kanters of the world while with next to nothing marks drafted solid young humble talent, create an elite culture opposite of whats in boston and lured kyrie and KD
LondonCeltics
Senior

Post#46 » by LondonCeltics » Fri Jul 5, 2019 11:47 am

Prokorov wrote:
LondonCeltics wrote:It's genuinely a shame your apparently enviable culture associated with your young guys may be a thing of the past.

Well, unlike the young players on the celitcs, the nets young players are actually humble, hard working, high charecter players who had to work, scratch, and claw there way to where they are now. it is why we have such great culture and why kyrie is such an elite fit here and part of why he wanted to come here

this isnt the toxic celtic locker room with enitled ego maniacs like rozier, tatum, and brown who think they are gods gift to basically because of some fugazy ECF run. like great you won a couple rounds in the playoffs. how about shutting up, accepting your role and working hard instead of expecting the keys to a franchise be given to you in year 2 or 3 because you had a cup of tea in the playoffs?

The only shame is that with all the nets picks and with all that cap ainge is sitting with a toxic group of guys on a treadmill team ready to imploding sellting for the enes kanters of the world while with next to nothing marks drafted solid young humble talent, create an elite culture opposite of whats in boston and lured kyrie and KD

Indeed your chaps are fine fellows. Hence my concern.

Kyrie throws his ‘team mates’ under the bus to the media, you think such behaviour is an ‘elite fit’?

I commend your optimism but I fear you will discover fancy dribbling doesn’t overcome one’s propensity to be a ....****.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#47 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Jul 5, 2019 12:40 pm

LondonCeltics wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Kyrie throws his ‘team mates’ under the bus to the media, you think such behaviour is an ‘elite fit’?

I commend your optimism but I fear you will discover fancy dribbling doesn’t overcome one’s propensity to be a ....****.

this was all of our concern with Kyrie. But ultimately the job that Marks and Kenny have done to reboot the whole system was too impressive of a job and we're all putting faith in it.

There was a lot of concern here when we traded for Russell. Is he worth it, is he a good fit, how much locker room drama are we going to have with him, is he really a cancer and unsalvageable player?

And if you were here for the DLo v. Kyrie debates a week ago and beyond, you'd have seen a ton of people (including myself) extremely sad to see him go. Not only did DLo grow up, but he began to take on a leadership role. I don't think any of us were really expecting that back in 2017 when we traded for him.

I trust our coaching staff and the players we put out there. I don't have major concerns about Kyrie's attitude. I'm with Prok and think it was some of Kyrie but most of the overall situation he was in. I've also heard this on big podcasts and read about it upon Kyrie's departure.
LondonCeltics
Senior

Post#48 » by LondonCeltics » Fri Jul 5, 2019 12:59 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:
LondonCeltics wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

this was all of our concern with Kyrie. But ultimately the job that Marks and Kenny have done to reboot the whole system was too impressive of a job and we're all putting faith in it.

There was a lot of concern here when we traded for Russell. Is he worth it, is he a good fit, how much locker room drama are we going to have with him, is he really a cancer and unsalvageable player?

And if you were here for the DLo v. Kyrie debates a week ago and beyond, you'd have seen a ton of people (including myself) extremely sad to see him go. Not only did DLo grow up, but he began to take on a leadership role. I don't think any of us were really expecting that back in 2017 when we traded for him.

I trust our coaching staff and the players we put out there. I don't have major concerns about Kyrie's attitude. I'm with Prok and think it was some of Kyrie but most of the overall situation he was in. I've also heard this on big podcasts and read about it upon Kyrie's departure.

If I can be honest, the Nets were my personal preferred destination for him I guess. I suppose it would’ve been the best for the Celtics if he headed West (although I could never condone joining those LA slags). Putting his fake promises of resigning and throwing his team mates under the bus... going to the Nets makes good basketball sense when you look 2+ years down the line.

I have a soft spot for your lot, really. Always been NYC’s biggest fan and there always should have been a rival to the basket case the other side of the East.

I don’t want to be that sorry wan*er that moans about an ex player in a jilted fashion but I don’t want to see you guys get your hopes up.

Proper old school Cleveland fans warned us.

We didn’t listen.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#49 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 5, 2019 3:01 pm

LondonCeltics wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:
LondonCeltics wrote:

If I can be honest, the Nets were my personal preferred destination for him I guess. I suppose it would’ve been the best for the Celtics if he headed West (although I could never condone joining those LA slags). Putting his fake promises of resigning and throwing his team mates under the bus... going to the Nets makes good basketball sense when you look 2+ years down the line.

I have a soft spot for your lot, really. Always been NYC’s biggest fan and there always should have been a rival to the basket case the other side of the East.

I don’t want to be that sorry wan*er that moans about an ex player in a jilted fashion but I don’t want to see you guys get your hopes up.

We didn’t listen.

I have my concerns as well, but just like with Russell, Irving gets a clean slate here. We'll see what happens.

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#50 » by GTR11 » Fri Jul 5, 2019 3:02 pm

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:I don't think most of us know how great of a player Kyrie is. I mean this guy is truly amazing talent. The hate he gets is really unwarranted to be honest. Can't wait to see the damage him, LeVert and Din will do next season.

yeah i mean until 2-3 weeks ago when celtics thought they would bring him back and get AD you didnt hear 1/10th of all this hate.

:lol: it brings me joy reading all this comments. Them coming mostly from Knix and C's fans is cherry on top of gift rapped cake we got.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#51 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 5, 2019 3:06 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:I don't think most of us know how great of a player Kyrie is. I mean this guy is truly amazing talent. The hate he gets is really unwarranted to be honest. Can't wait to see the damage him, LeVert and Din will do next season.

yeah i mean until 2-3 weeks ago when celtics thought they would bring him back and get AD you didnt hear 1/10th of all this hate.

:lol: it brings me joy reading all this comments. Them coming mostly from Knix and C's fans is cherry on top of gift rapped cake we got.

Yep. They're scared because they know what's coming for them very soon: a whole lot of ass whippings.

Paradise

Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#52 » by Paradise » Fri Jul 5, 2019 6:25 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
LondonCeltics wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:this was all of our concern with Kyrie. But ultimately the job that Marks and Kenny have done to reboot the whole system was too impressive of a job and we're all putting faith in it.

We didn’t listen.

I have my concerns as well, but just like with Russell, Irving gets a clean slate here. We'll see what happens.

We landed a Sixers killer too. Two of our FA signings making major plays in a clutch environment kind of game.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#53 » by Prokorov » Sat Jul 6, 2019 12:55 am

LondonCeltics wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

if any of our young players conducted themselves like brown or rozier id want every veteran, coach, and fan to call them out and shame them publically.

maybe with the celtics its ok for young guys to feel entitled and have things handed to then. with the nets you need to earn it
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#54 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:32 am

Prokorov wrote:
LondonCeltics wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

if any of our young players conducted themselves like brown or rozier id want every veteran, coach, and fan to call them out and shame them publically.

maybe with the celtics its ok for young guys to feel entitled and have things handed to then. with the nets you need to earn it

Rozier would have been booted out of here before he knew what hit him. He is an absolutely cancerous player.

Paradise

Post#55 » by Paradise » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:49 pm

He’s officially a Net.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Paradise

Post#56 » by Paradise » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:09 pm

Kyrie will rock #11.

Read on Twitter
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#57 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:20 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
LondonCeltics wrote:

Rozier would have been booted out of here before he knew what hit him. He is an absolutely cancerous player.

I just always find it funny how the C's media and fans defend the living bejesus out of Terry and throw Kyrie under the bus. Rozier is an inefficient, mediocre to average bench rotation player who has a mouth and cocky ego on him like he's Kobe f'in Bryant. He's constantly making waves in the media, breaking apart locker rooms, airing his dissatisfaction with his role, minutes, teammates and coaches and goes into Melo ball hog mode every time he doesn't get his way or when he often feels he can't trust his vastly and obviously superior teammates on the court. He's trash. And he's a problem. Yet C fans and their beat guys will die on Scary Terry Hill with the most ignorant of crosses strapped to their backs, all day, err'day. Even when he's off the team and he's still publicly flaming the C's organization. I don't get it. Pretty hilarious.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#58 » by Claud » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:59 pm

Could we see MVP level season from Kyrie next season? :-o :pray:
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#59 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:38 pm

Claud wrote:Could we see MVP level season from Kyrie next season? :-o :pray:

Don't see why not. Doubt he can be the actual MVP, but I could see a 28/8/4 season where he leads this team to 50 something wins and the 2 seed and he's fully immersed in the conversation.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#60 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:13 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I just always find it funny how the C's media and fans defend the living bejesus out of Terry and throw Kyrie under the bus. Rozier is an inefficient, mediocre to average bench rotation player who has a mouth and cocky ego on him like he's Kobe f'in Bryant. He's constantly making waves in the media, breaking apart locker rooms, airing his dissatisfaction with his role, minutes, teammates and coaches and goes into Melo ball hog mode every time he doesn't get his way or when he often feels he can't trust his vastly and obviously superior teammates on the court. He's trash. And he's a problem. Yet C fans and their beat guys will die on Scary Terry Hill with the most ignorant of crosses strapped to their backs, all day, err'day. Even when he's off the team and he's still publicly flaming the C's organization. I don't get it. Pretty hilarious.

Yup.

also, look at what they bash kyrie for, "throwing his teammates under the bus" "calling out his teammates in public" "leaving after he said he would be back"

Which of these is really an issue. he said the young kids didnt know how to win/what it takes to win. he is right. and honestly if my 20-22 year old players thought they were hot stuff because of 2 playoff wins id want one of my vets to give them an ego check as well.

between terry "brick city 35% FG" rozier saying he should be starting to brown not accepting his role behind gordon heyward (a 7 year vet and allstar you can see why Kyrie grew tired and why Horford wanted the first bus out of town.

Maybe if these young kids had some respect and humility they would put their heads down wait for their opportunites, trust a great coach in stevens and and just work hard. and maybe instead of thinking they have it figured out cause they won 2 playoff rounds they can take a queue from a guy who actually won an NBA title and knows what it takes to get it done.

This would NEVER happen here. marks wouldnt allow it. kenny wouldnt allow it. caris/harris/spencer/ woudlnt allow it.

in boston, kyrie woudlnt allow it... problem is everyone else did allow it... ainge, stevens, the other vets, the fans, and the media. im not sure when Tatum, brown, and rozier became basketball gods but they certainly are treated that way

Return to Brooklyn Nets