Putting Dante Exum into perspective

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Re: Putting Dante Exum into perspective 

Post#201 » by JazzUte88 » Fri Jul 5, 2019 10:22 am

I really wish the Jazz organization would stop it with this so called "potential" and trade him.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#202 » by pickIBL » Fri Jul 5, 2019 10:49 am

stitches wrote:I don't know why people continue to insist on this. The Jazz are not shopping Exum. In fact EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF EVIDENCE and reporting we have is that they are trying hard NOT TO INCLUDE HIM in trades.
We don't have to agree with the FO's evaluation.

Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper haven't admitted to forking. No hard evidence!

But... come on. Dante is not needed on this team this year. Unless there is no good move to make, he's gotta move. He's not an important piece of this ring chase.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#203 » by KqWIN » Fri Jul 5, 2019 2:11 pm

Do people really want to trade more draft picks just so we can get rid of Dante? If you want to move him for nothing, you have to trade picks. If you want someone good for him, even more picks.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#204 » by pickIBL » Fri Jul 5, 2019 3:53 pm

KqWIN wrote:Do people really want to trade more draft picks just so we can get rid of Dante? If you want to move him for nothing, you have to trade picks. If you want someone good for him, even more picks.

Pretty sure that ship sailed with the conley trade. Feels like they are all in. That's the trade to debate. But at this point exum needs to go. Things have changed
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#205 » by KqWIN » Fri Jul 5, 2019 4:02 pm

pickIBL wrote:
KqWIN wrote:Do people really want to trade more draft picks just so we can get rid of Dante? If you want to move him for nothing, you have to trade picks. If you want someone good for him, even more picks.

Pretty sure that ship sailed with the conley trade. Feels like they are all in. That's the trade to debate. But at this point exum needs to go. Things have changed

There is nothing about him that needs to go, unless you think it's an absolute necessity that we use assets to dump him. He has negative trade value. I seriously don't know why people act on a "this guy needs to go" basis.

I don't even know why we're talking about this when there is a zero percent chance it will happen.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#206 » by stitches » Fri Jul 5, 2019 4:21 pm

pickIBL wrote:

Why does he NEED to go? I don't get this desperation thing to get him moved. If you are not giving up assets and want to trade him, you are not getting anything better than him. It's really that simple...
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,054

Post#207 » by Rauxcee » Fri Jul 5, 2019 4:59 pm

pickIBL wrote:
stitches wrote:I don't know why people continue to insist on this. The Jazz are not shopping Exum. In fact EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF EVIDENCE and reporting we have is that they are trying hard NOT TO INCLUDE HIM in trades.

But... come on. Dante is not needed on this team this year. Unless there is no good move to make, he's gotta move. He's not an important piece of this ring chase.

Well that is frankly not true. Our depth sucks right now. Exum if healthy (which is a lot to ask as he hasn't proved he can stay healthy) helps a lot with our depth.

Conley averages about 70 games per season. We need someone to start when he's out. If that someone is Mudiay the Jazz are in trouble.

Exum is a great denfender. He's tall and long too. I don't know if you've noticed, but our backcourt is really small now. We need a big guard to guard the big guards we'll be facing in the playoffs for our "title run" we are attempting. Exum can also get to the basket almost at will. Put that up against the opposing teams bench and that is a huge advantage for us.

The only problem with Exum is his health (and he doesn't shoot the 3 great). He has low value due to his injury history. If we move him, we are going to get back something back with even lower value than what you perceive Exum to have. Not to mention we'll have to give up assets to move him. We have none left as we spent them all in the Conley trade.

If Exum can stay healthy, and thats a big if, he fits the team just fine and we need him.
eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#208 » by eLo » Fri Jul 5, 2019 5:01 pm

stitches wrote:Just in case you missed it:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

If they truly see him like this you can bid farewell to any potential Exum move that's not for a very high level of player.
:lol: so we can be sure Mundiay will get lot of minutes :)
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#209 » by pickIBL » Fri Jul 5, 2019 5:28 pm

I was generally always in Exum's corner. And I'm not saying he has to be traded for garbage.

What I am saying is that if vet help is available now or later that Exum is the contract that can be moved. And the rest of this is all just good jazz posturing.

I dont want the jazz to come out and say exum is available. But not seeing him as the remaining contract that could be moved is out of touch. He's the piece left on the board.
stitches
RealGM

Post#210 » by stitches » Fri Jul 5, 2019 5:35 pm

eLo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

If they truly see him like this you can bid farewell to any potential Exum move that's not for a very high level of player.

As long as Exum is healthy, Mudiay will play only garbage time.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#211 » by pickIBL » Fri Jul 5, 2019 6:29 pm

stitches wrote:
eLo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Didnt gobert hear something like that? Where is Enes Kanter and Favors these days? Mudiay didnt sign in SLC for the scenery. I anticpate competition.
stitches
RealGM

Post#212 » by stitches » Fri Jul 5, 2019 6:37 pm

pickIBL wrote:Didnt gobert hear something like that? Where is Enes Kanter and Favors these days? Mudiay didnt sign in SLC for the scenery. I anticpate competition.

No, he didn't. People were talking about Gobert stealing minutes from Kanter and Favors the moment they saw him in SL.

Mudiay signed to be injury insurance/depth. The Jazz have close to zero invested in him and they have close to zero to gain from him. We cannot even re-sign him if by some miracle he actually looks good for us because we don't have his Bird rights.

I mean... sure... there will be competition. It's not like Quin has gifted anything to Exum. But if both of them are healthy and within expected range of performance, Exum will win that competition... and relatively easy IMO.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#213 » by pickIBL » Fri Jul 5, 2019 6:45 pm

stitches wrote:
pickIBL wrote:Didnt gobert hear something like that? Where is Enes Kanter and Favors these days? Mudiay didnt sign in SLC for the scenery. I anticpate competition.

No, he didn't. People were talking about Gobert stealing minutes from Kanter and Favors the moment they saw him in SL.

Mudiay signed to be injury insurance/depth.

Mudiay came into the league with plenty of potential. He could very well earn his way into the rotation if he works at it.

There was no appetite for Gobert here. I called him a lotto pick to.... crickets. NBAdraft.net compared him to shawn freakin bradley. And gobert was conisidered a project well past SL.

The whole nba messed up on gobert. This board had no idea what was coming. Now mudiay isnt the second coming, but he has tools. Exum's biggest problem beyond the injuries is that he just doesnt have any dog in him. Timid. Lacks confidence.
eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#214 » by eLo » Fri Jul 5, 2019 8:43 pm

stitches wrote:
eLo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

yes and thats why Mundiay will get tons of minutes, because Exum is never healthy
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#215 » by zero24gravity » Fri Jul 5, 2019 11:41 pm

stitches wrote:As long as Exum is healthy, Mudiay will play only garbage time.

I don't think that's true. There are minutes to go around, and unfortunately injuries always happen. Yes, Utah is a potential title contender, but he's 23 years old & coming off his best year as a pro. He's not a vet just looking to latch on for a possible ring. He's auditioning for a more lucrative contract for 2020-21. Mudiay didn't sign a 1 year deal in Utah, coming off playing 27pmg & averaging almost 15ppg and starting 71% of the games he played, so he could flip a towel at the end of the bench & enjoy the mountain air.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man

Post#216 » by zero24gravity » Fri Jul 5, 2019 11:45 pm

pickIBL wrote:

Dude, Exum isn't being shopped. I'm almost certain of it. His Defensive versatility, and his drive & kick ability are needed this year more than ever. Last year they needed shooting, this year, they have shooters so it's ok if that's not his strength. Last year they had Favs anchoring the 2nd unit D, this year the wings & guards don't have the same luxury & therefore need to be able to handle their own. Exum can do that.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#217 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sat Jul 6, 2019 12:05 am

pickIBL wrote:
stitches wrote:

Mudiay signed to be injury insurance/depth.

Mudiay came into the league with plenty of potential. He could very well earn his way into the rotation if he works at it.

There was no appetite for Gobert here. I called him a lotto pick to.... crickets. NBAdraft.net compared him to shawn freakin bradley. And gobert was conisidered a project well past SL.

The whole nba messed up on gobert. This board had no idea what was coming. Now mudiay isnt the second coming, but he has tools. Exum's biggest problem beyond the injuries is that he just doesnt have any dog in him. Timid. Lacks confidence.

No dog in him? People said the very same thing about Favors. Just because you don't see it doesn't make it so. Trading Ex would be a huge mistake. Value could become super high after the year or trade deadline. I think he'll have his best year this year. Mudiay will be our third string PG.
pickIBL
Head Coach

Post#218 » by pickIBL » Sat Jul 6, 2019 12:39 am

zero24gravity wrote:
pickIBL wrote:

Dude, Exum isn't being shopped. I'm almost certain of it. His Defensive versatility, and his drive & kick ability are needed this year more than ever. Last year they needed shooting, this year, they have shooters so it's ok if that's not his strength. Last year they had Favs anchoring the 2nd unit D, this year the wings & guards don't have the same luxury & therefore need to be able to handle their own. Exum can do that.

Jazz dont leak. You nor I know for sure either way
zero24gravity
Sixth Man

Post#219 » by zero24gravity » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:58 am

pickIBL wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
pickIBL wrote: Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper haven't admitted to forking. No hard evidence!

Jazz dont leak. You nor I know for sure either way

Right, that's why i said "I'm almost certain of it". :) it's opinion.
stitches
RealGM

Post#220 » by stitches » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:36 am

Dante becomes even more important to us with PG and Kawhi teaming up. We need long wing defenders now.

Return to Utah Jazz