ImageImageImageImageImage

2018-19 Rookies (Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Landry Shamet & Jerome Robinson)

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Throwback Thursday: Draft and Shared Destiny 

Post#341 » by Ranma » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:33 am

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Shamet Invited to Participate at Team USA National Team Camp 

Post#342 » by Ranma » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:38 pm

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Shamet's Interview with Howard Beck 

Post#343 » by Ranma » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:51 pm

Landry Shamet of the Los Angeles Clippers wasn't initially happy about being traded to the Los Angeles Clippers last season, admits that the Golden State Warriors did a good job defending him in the round 1 of the play-offs, got some tremendous advice from JJ Redick, and some funny courtside hazing from Floyd Mayweather. Landry also shares his sales pitch to Kawhi Leonard and/or Kevin Durant on why they should consider signing with the Clippers, and recounts a great story involving Chick-Fila, the Toronto Raptors, and forgotten passports.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Redick Confirms Sham's Embiid Chik-Fil-A Story 

Post#344 » by Ranma » Fri Jul 5, 2019 5:46 am

At the 27:42 timestamp, Redick confirms Shamet's story of how he had to make Chik-fil-A runs for Joel Embiid before games where he would come back with a bunch of chicken sandwiches, fries and multiple milkshakes. Granted, Embiid supposedly didn't always drink all the milkshakes, but such eating habits might very well explain why the dude gave himself the runs during the playoffs.

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Re: 2018-19 Rookies (Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Landry Shamet & Jerome Robinson) 

Post#345 » by wco81 » Fri Jul 5, 2019 6:54 am

You’d think the 76ers would have set him up with a personal chef to cook up stuff on demand.

And a personal assistant to make fast food runs.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Post#346 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Jul 5, 2019 6:46 pm

Type of goof that thinks he literally can run off all of his garbage eating habits.

Amongst all evidence he should be the one taking double, triple, and quadruple care of his wide but frail frame.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,804

Post#347 » by esqtvd » Fri Jul 5, 2019 7:51 pm

wco81 wrote:You’d think the 76ers would have set him up with a personal chef to cook up stuff on demand.

And a personal assistant to make fast food runs.

Clippers have an in-house staff chef.

Priscilla Martinez
Performance Executive Chef

She was hired in 2016. Doc fashioned a massive makeover of the Sterling regime the year before he was demoted. A lot of these people are still there. He was a meh GM, but quite an effective COO.

The L.A. Clippers today announced multiple additions and promotions to the basketball operations staff. John Welch and Patrick Sullivan join the coaching staff as assistant coaches, while Dee Brown comes on as Director of Player Programs.

Other Basketball Operations additions include:
    Johnny Rogers - Director of Pro Player Personnel
    Ross Flowers - Director of Sports Performance Psychology
    Mark Simpson - Director of Performance
    Robert Picker - Director of Team Security
    Jay Porterfield - Performance Scientist/Biomedical Analyst
    Paul Hewitt - NBA Pro Scout
    John Loyer - NBA Pro Scout
    Monte Mathis - NBA Pro Scout
    Darrel Johnson - College Scout
    Donnie Jones - College Scout
    Chris Holguin - Assistant Video Coordinator
    Ashton Williams - Assistant Equipment Manager
    Jordan Borucki - Basketball Operations Manager
    Rishabh Desai - Basketball Operations Seasonal Assistant
    Ayodeji Egbeyemi - Basketball Operations Seasonal Assistant
    Tim Brown - Athletic Training Intern

Welch joins the Clippers coaching staff from the Sacramento Kings, bringing over 30 years of coaching experience. He has served as an Assistant Coach for Sacramento, Brooklyn Nets, Denver Nuggets and Memphis Grizzlies, plus Fresno State and UNLV in the collegiate ranks. He has worked for some of basketball's most respected coaches in Jerry Tarkanian, Hubie Brown and George Karl.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#348 » by wco81 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:37 am

I remember Kidd in his rookie year, giving a tour of his home and saying that a chef comes in and prepares his food.

Obviously he could go out to eat all the time but obviously a personal chef isn’t there to recreate the same junk food you can get anywhere.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#349 » by mkwest » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:41 am

Read on Twitter

Landry Shamet Q&A: Landry Shamet: 'Starting on the best team on paper? I felt the weight of it really quickly'

You started every game during the first-round series against the Golden State Warriors. What was it like getting that playoff experience, especially against such a talented Warriors team?

LS:
It was something I was really grateful for, too. Obviously, they were the defending champs at that point and they have two guys who I grew up watching and idolizing in some ways [in] Steph Curry and Klay Thompson. Getting to guard them and be locked in on them in scouting reports and make adjustments and seeing them do the same to you, it’s kind of like an “I’m here” moment. It’s something I’ll appreciate more come playoff time this year. It was an experience I’ll cherish. Those experiences will be 10 times more valuable here at the end of this next season coming up when we’re in playoff time and I’m used to it and understand the importance of everything you do come playoff time; every possession, every pass and every switch, everything you do, is super important. To me, it was really valuable experience.

What are your offseason plans? What aspects of your game are you working to develop?

LS:
Just everything. I was a point guard in college; people forget that. Being able to re-work that back into my game [would be good]. I play off the ball a lot, but I want to be a threat off the bounce and off my catches, off pin-downs, dribble handoffs where I can get downhill and create ball screens, and just being more aggressive in transition. Stuff like that, offensively. Obviously, I’ll work on my body and continue to get stronger. Overall, I’m just continuing to be an all-around player, which I’ve always prided myself on; doing everything well. I’m not just a shooter. I’m not just a shooting guard. I play both positions. I can do anything a coach needs me to do. That’s what I pride myself on, so I’ve been working on rounding out the rest of my game that maybe wasn’t showcased as much this year because I was in a different role.

You were recently invited to participate with Team USA’s Select Team. Are you looking forward to that and how much can you learn from that experience?

LS:
I’m absolutely looking forward to it. I think being invited to represent your country in any way, shape or form is special. You’re representing your country and that’s a lot of people. To be picked to do that, it’s incredible. It’s an honor. It shows how far I’ve come and what I’ve overcome. It’s exciting. Just to be able to be in camp for five days around the best players in the world, guys I’m going to be going against, I’m super excited to be able to learn from different coaches and get new perspectives and things like that. It’s a lot. I think it’ll be a great learning opportunity for me, a great experience. It’s pretty crazy getting that invite, though.

Alex Kennedy, HoopsHype
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,296

A sniper on and off the court 

Post#350 » by Dynamix » Sat Aug 3, 2019 9:57 am

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Shams Prioritizing Clippers' Goals Over National Prominence 

Post#351 » by Ranma » Sat Aug 3, 2019 4:44 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Rome with 2 More Examples to Follow 

Post#352 » by Ranma » Tue Aug 6, 2019 1:03 am

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Shamet Maybe Playing Shoe Game as Sneaker Free Agent 

Post#353 » by Ranma » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:08 am

Read on Twitter

Nick DePaula, ESPN.com (8/9/19)
Thanks to their overnight free-agency haul, LA Clippers shooter Landry Shamet is also hitting the market at an ideal time, potentially able to take advantage both of the team's LA market size and their expected chance to contend for a championship right away this season.

While the class may feature a host of players that resurgent brands like Puma and New Balance could look to pick off from their existing Nike and Adidas deals...

Meet This Summer's Most Coveted Sneaker Free Agents

Ranma
RealGM

Shamet Outgunning Greats from Beyond Arc as Rookie 

Post#354 » by Ranma » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:49 pm

Read on Twitter
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: A sniper on and off the court 

Post#355 » by TheNewEra » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:47 am

Dynamix wrote:
Read on Twitter

After what happen to Kuzma better off playing it safe

Return to Los Angeles Clippers