Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#501 » by will » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:17 am

In light of the AD trade to the Lakers...even more LIKELY Kawhi stays in the East with the Raptors...

Bumas s Clippers.

Don't bait a fanbase.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,602

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#502 » by madmaxmedia » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:19 am

TheNewEra wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
Raptor fans came into this post and trashed the clipper fan base because of Kawhi being reported the have interest. To hell with your fan base and your weak title and self entitlement. No one has to kiss the fan base ass because they are emotional. Lol if you think this title is really going to change anything

There are people on this board from the age of 8 to 80, so there are going to be all types in all fan bases. I've had a lot of respectful conversations with Raptors fans, the trolling and arguments I just ignore. Kawhi's gonna decide in a couple of weeks and that will be that.

I do take that back I shouldn’t of generalized the whole fan base. Again I know this is a sensitive subject because even with the title it’s a blow to the pride IF he walks away. Have to wait and see

Yes exactly- it is a very sensitive subject. So as Clipper fans we have nothing to gain by getting into it with Raptor fans. If in 2 weeks he signs with the Clippers none of these threads will have mattered, if he signs with the Raptors I'll congratulate the Raptors and we'll move on.

If he signs with the Lakers, everyone will join in on the hate party. :lol:
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

Post#503 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:22 am

MikeM wrote:I'm a Raps fan but I don't get why he would go to the Clippers over the Lakers. If he goes to the Clippers, he has to pair with a star anyways just to make the playoffs. In that case, why not just play with AD and Lebron?

So he'll be ok sharing the ball with Jimmy Butler, for example, and finishing 4th but he wouldn't want to share it with Lebron and win it all?
If they get Kawhi and another top 10-15 guy and can bring Bev back they are a far more complete team than the Lakers top to bottom and 1-2 seed.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using RealGM mobile app
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,432

Post#504 » by NZB2323 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:22 am

Kawhi is the superteam killer. He wants to go to the Clippers so he can beat the Lakers 4 times a year.
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#505 » by MikeM » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:32 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
MikeM wrote:I'm a Raps fan but I don't get why he would go to the Clippers over the Lakers. If he goes to the Clippers, he has to pair with a star anyways just to make the playoffs. In that case, why not just play with AD and Lebron?

So he'll be ok sharing the ball with Jimmy Butler, for example, and finishing 4th but he wouldn't want to share it with Lebron and win it all?
If they get Kawhi and another top 10-15 guy and can bring Bev back they are a far more complete team than the Lakers top to bottom and 1-2 seed.

Come on man stop it, get some help. If they bring Bev back vs. Kawhi-Lebron-Davis?

Who's the other top 10-15 guy? There's only one out there, it's Butler (maybe).
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#506 » by LKN » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:35 am

If Kawhi signs with the Lakers no one will care about next season at all.... but I doubt he does.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#507 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:35 am

MikeM wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:

Come on man stop it, get some help. If they bring Bev back vs. Kawhi-Lebron-Davis?

Read that again. You said Kawhi joining a Clips team that already won 48 games and made playoffs, despite injuries and they still wouldn't compete without another star. You were literally proved wrong on that just a couple months ago.

I'm saying Kawhi+tier 2 kinda talent+bringing Bev back is still a better team than the Lakers with LeBron+AD (obviously if Clips get Kawhi, Lakers don't ). Raptors fans have no objectivity on this forum whatsoever right now for the most part. Somehow adding a superstar, top 3 player and they still wont compete. Nevermind that they just won 48 with Gallo missing damn near 15 games and Lou about 10.

MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#508 » by MikeM » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:37 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
MikeM wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:If they get Kawhi and another top 10-15 guy and can bring Bev back they are a far more complete team than the Lakers top to bottom and 1-2 seed.

Read that again. You said Kawhi joining a Clips team that already won 48 games and made playoffs, despite injuries and they still wouldn't compete without another star. You were literally proved wrong on that just a couple months ago. I'm saying Kawhi+tier 2 kinda talent+bringing Bev back is still a better team than the Lakers with LeBron+AD (obviously if Clips get Kawhi, Lakers don't )

Ya but Kawhi is the one choosing. So why would he choose tier 2 + Beverley over Lebron/AD? What is the argument for that? He's still in LA plus he's with 2 GOATs.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#509 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:39 am

MikeM wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
MikeM wrote:

Read that again. You said Kawhi joining a Clips team that already won 48 games and made playoffs, despite injuries and they still wouldn't compete without another star. You were literally proved wrong on that just a couple months ago. I'm saying Kawhi+tier 2 kinda talent+bringing Bev back is still a better team than the Lakers with LeBron+AD (obviously if Clips get Kawhi, Lakers don't )

Ya but Kawhi is the one choosing. So why would he choose tier 2 + Beverley over Lebron/AD? What is the argument for that? He's still in LA plus he's with 2 GOATs.
Well in Kawhi's case specifically supposedly he didn't wanna play with LeBron to begin with or have that circus around. I doubt he wants to be arguably the 3rd best player any given game or time. So it has to do with what he's supposedly after.

hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#510 » by hype_2004 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:53 am

will wrote:In light of the AD trade to the Lakers...even more LIKELY Kawhi stays in the East with the Raptors...

Bumas s Clippers.

Don't bait a fanbase.

Now Kawhi will be really motivated to defend that title and beat the Lakers. I just don't see him as the type to join Superteams and play second or third banana to someone like LeBron. Kawhi marches to his own beat, he is a leader, an Alpha and his star is rising as he is on his way to become a worldwide superstar in Toronto. The world watched his heroics and they are ready to see him do it again in Toronto.
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#511 » by Forte IV » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:14 am

Marcellus Wiley (huge Clippers fan) is in Vegas with Kawhi. Who knows. I'll be happy for Kawhi whether he stays in Toronto or goes to the Clippers. Although if he returns to Toronto I'll probably hide behind my smiling mask crying.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,302

Post#512 » by mtcan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:18 am

Forte IV wrote:Marcellus Wiley (huge Clippers fan) is in Vegas with Kawhi. Who knows. I'll be happy for Kawhi whether he stays in Toronto or goes to the Clippers. Although if he returns to Toronto I'll probably hide behind my smiling mask crying.

Drake is in Vegas too (huge Raptors fan).
bushybrah_
Sixth Man
And1: 1,351

Post#513 » by bushybrah_ » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:19 am

Lmao why is he so obsessed with the Clippers. Yes, I knows he’s from LA, just never heard anyone wanting to push themselves there so much lol.

Either way, regardless if he leaves or not, the Raptors won one. Even if they never win again, they won one.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,387

Post#514 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:30 am

Looks like drake isn't the only one who wants some dip with his chips.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,858

Post#515 » by Spicy P » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:36 am

TheNewEra wrote:
Lego Legs wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:End my point here that with all this emotional BS by raptor fans it’s Woj who made the damn report. Deal with it and wait for a Kawhi to make a decision. No way in hell the Raptors have done anything close enough to start trying to talk down to anyone

Lol, Clippers have done so much, how could I forget that time they made the WCFs... oh wait.

People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones and all that. You’re team is full of scrubs, stop acting like anyone cares about Gallo etc.

That’s the point I’m not saying the clippers are some great organization I’m just saying neither are the raptors

Let me know when the Clippers make it to a Conference Finals, let alone win a Conference Finals or a Championship. They’ve been around for 50 years too. The Raptors have accomplished more in their 24 years of existence than most of the league.
Wasp
Sixth Man
And1: 1,199

Post#516 » by Wasp » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:44 am

TheNewEra wrote:
Roco14 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Stop it the raptors are a bottom half east team without Kawhi

What? The raptors minus Kawhi are def better than the clippers. Lowry 5X all star and one of the highest BBIQ. Siakam future all-star. Gasol former defensive player of the year and all-star. FVV top 3 in votes for 6th man of the year. Is it a championship team on it's own? Hell no, but what I just listed is better than Shai, Harrell, Gallinari and Beverly.

No disrespect but your only truly impactful player is Lou Williams and he'd be the 3rd or 4th best player on the raps.

Lowry is one of the most inconsistent chokers in the league. Kawhi carried his bum ass and just because he played well 2-3 games out of a series means little. Siakam is a good player but soon to be a max player off a solid year. I’ll take the team friendly and upside of the clippers young core. Let’s see if he becomes potentially overpaid quickly. See how Gasol holds up for a whole season and FVV isn’t touching Harrell or Williams

Yeah, who needs players that literally just won a Championship as Kawhi's supporting cast when you can "the team friendly and upside" of the Clippers. :crazy:
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 4,993

Post#517 » by rockmanslim » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:05 am

rockmanslim wrote:
sule wrote:One interesting point that Cris Carter said was that Kawhi stayed with San Diego State even after programs from UCLA et al were recruiting him b/c they believed in him before he won the high school state championship. That he could've left for somewhere else, but didn't b/c of that established trust.

I think Kawhi would stay in Toronto b/c, as Kawhi has stated a couple times, Masai stated from the beginning that he believed in him and wanted to do whatever possible to keep him healthy for the playoffs.

If Kawhi is consistent in his decision-making, then that will be perhaps the biggest factor that keeps him in Toronto, compared to the Clippers.

On top of that, Raps have the best chance of repeating (at the moment) should he decide to stay. The West is wide open without any clear contender thus far, and the best teams in the East outside of the Raps look to all be taking a step or two (or more) back. Philly could lose some players (Butler, Redick, Harris), Boston losing Kyrie and likely go back to rebuilding, and Milwaukee won't be able to keep all their free agents.

Lowry and Gasol and Ibaka get a year older, but Siakam could take another step forward as could OG (who can be an effective 3+D and didn't even play in the playoffs this year). VanVleet would be entering a contract year. As will Lowry, Ibaka, and Gasol. One more push with this core isn't unreasonable and wouldn't be unreasonable to expect the Raps to at least make it back to the Finals. Raps very well could be Kawhi's best chance to repeat, and after that, while every other big team will be locked into huge contracts, the Raptors will have big cap space to restructure again moving forward.

Give Kawhi player options and continue to build to the strengths of the team and another Finals run wouldn't be out of the question.

Kawhi wouldn't be able to jump into contention with the Clippers unless they signed Butler and/or Kemba and/or Kyrie. And kemba looks like he is gonna re-sign with Charlotte, and Kyrie looks like he's headed towards Brooklyn. Durant and Klay are irrelevant next year. I doubt Kawhi wants to wait a year struggling on a team that could be forced to play him more than the Raps did this year, just to make the playoffs.

Cris Carter also said he believes Kawhi is going the Clippers.

4:11 Cris talks about how he knows Kawhi personally through his agent.

7:24 Cris thinks it's Kawhi to the Clips.

sule wrote:
rockmanslim wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:Carter who said last week it's Raptors no doubt?

The same Carter who said the Raptors are in the drivers seat two weeks ago or he was sure Kawhi won't report?

Guy is a clown.

Ok? Tell that to sule, who brought up Carter in the first place.

He doesn't have to tell me anything, since he didn't post anything I already didn't know. Carter is a clown. If you believe his predictions, you're a clown too.

Carter accidentally said something insightful into Kawhi's history of decision-making, which is what I was pointing to. I purposefully didn't post the garbage stuff you replied to me with b/c it's garbage opinion that clowns unfamiliar with Cris Carter would quote to make a point.
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#518 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:17 am

Hah.

RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,375

Post#519 » by RIPskaterdude » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:30 am

Dont doubt Woj
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,805

Post#520 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:42 am

Lmao, so many comments that I'm getting a kick out of. :lol:

Return to The General Board