ImageImageImage

So how are you feeling now?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

So how are you feeling now? 

Post#1 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Jul 6, 2019 9:13 am

With Kawhi and Danny Green leaving Toronto, Kyrie-Horford-Baynes leaving Boston, Mirotic and Brogdan leaving The Bucks etc, how are we feeling about our chances today yall? I know we won't really know until we see the guys on the floor together, but imo we have a legit claim of having the best starting five In the league right now..let's just hope that notion can be justified next season.

LET'S GO SIXERS!!!!
nycphils
Freshman
And1: 38

Re: So how are you feeling now? 

Post#2 » by nycphils » Sat Jul 6, 2019 9:26 am

I think we can compete with the Bucks as constituted, but it is no slam dunk. Not clear where the 4th Q offense comes in the half court, and not yet clear that Simmons/Embiid/Horford all on the court in the 4th Q will work all that well, though it might.

A lot more upside than the Bucks have though...if any of Milton/Thybulle/Zhaire turn out to be Shamet level good (not necessarily outside shooting, but just in general), that would be huge. If more than one, then the East should be ours.

If Simmons comes back and is able to be even mediocre shooting from 15-18 feet, forget it...I’ll take my chances vs. the East, the Clippers, Nuggets, etc. That’s pretty unlikely though.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,713

Post#3 » by 76thBearCub » Sat Jul 6, 2019 9:36 am

I think we are favorites in the East and can absolutely challenge the best from the West, just keep Embiid and Horford well rested through the regular season. I really wish we could have kept JJ for a reduced bench role though.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#4 » by kuclas » Sat Jul 6, 2019 9:44 am

Sixers can't attract prime free agents. Nor players wanting to be traded here. It is what it is. They will go as far as Simmons and embiid will take them. Next season is the big year for them. NBA players mature in seasons 5-6. Ages 25-27 depending on when they got to the league. MJ Shaq didn't win titles till age 28.
Steph curry age 27. KD and OKC young core were similar to sixers and made finals age 23-24.

The time is now to take the next step. Year 3 will be a be year for Simmons and embiid. Age 23/25 years
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,812

Post#5 » by Stanford » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:42 am

Terrible. Shake looked bad in a summer league game. Keep your mind on the things that matter, guys.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#6 » by youngcrev » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:46 am

Jesus. I heard Woj never sleeps, 'cause sleep is the cousin of death. This news couldn't really be much better for us.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#7 » by 76ciology » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:07 am

Happy.

I want to punish the Lakers.
I want to improve our chances in making to the Finals.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#8 » by Aussiepiston1 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:09 am

I was only worried if Kawhi went to the lakers.
Now he's on the Clippers I have a feeling We're the 2020 Champs.
Ben will make a big leap.
Zaire and Mathisse will be key contributors on defense.
Embiid's health will be much better.
Plus getting Korver will be massive.
We're so tall and interchangeable in every position.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#9 » by VDT » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:14 am

I have some questions regarding the to roster fit but with the East so devoid of high end talent atm we are probably the favorites.

On the other hand i feel that if we fail to at least reach the finals there will be some major personnel changes next year.
papajoe
Junior
And1: 360

Post#10 » by papajoe » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:31 am

VDT wrote:I have some questions regarding the to roster fit but with the East so devoid of high end talent atm we are probably the favorites.

On the other hand i feel that if we fail to at least reach the finals there will be some major personnel changes next year.

Hate this mindset which has plagued nba recently. Playoff series rely on moments, swings, injuries, health etc.

Not win or bust jesus. Raptors didnt make finals 5 years in a row, why do we have to blow everything up if we don't make it our third year of not tanking?
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by 76thBearCub » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:41 am

Stanford wrote:Terrible. Shake looked bad in a summer league game. Keep your mind on the things that matter, guys.

This is true. All our good players will just go to the Lakers anyway. Even Shake might sign with them if he hits a few 3s this next game.
USWAY
Sixth Man
And1: 1,140

Post#12 » by USWAY » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:41 am

I think we have no excuse to not make the ECF now, and I like how we match up with the Bucks if we get there.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#13 » by 76ciology » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:47 am

We kinda made the bet of Kawhi leaving. Thus the 2 centers who can defend him
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#14 » by VDT » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:52 am

papajoe wrote:
VDT wrote:I have some questions regarding the to roster fit but with the East so devoid of high end talent atm we are probably the favorites.

Hate this mindset which has plagued nba recently. Playoff series rely on moments, swings, injuries, health etc.

Not win or bust jesus. Raptors didnt make finals 5 years in a row, why do we have to blow everything up if we don't make it our third year of not tanking?

Raptors were not going anywhere so there was no opportunity cost with just waiting.

Sixers have enough talent and assets (in the past) that they have a much more clear to being the best team in the league. Regardless i am not talking about blowing up, but if in a year that the only other team in the East that has a top player are the Bucks, and we match up pretty good against them, we are not able to capitalize on that it will raise questions about the future of this team as presently constructed. So i would expect, if we dont reach the finals, at least a coach change and possibly a trade of one of the top 4 guys in the roster. I would also expect friction within the locker room because the fit of the team is questionable.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by 76thBearCub » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:54 am

76ciology wrote:We kinda made the bet of Kawhi leaving. Thus the 2 centers who can defend him

I love your enthusiasm but you confuse the hell out of me with nearly everything you say.
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#16 » by snoopdogg88 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:57 am

Sad. If we had just run it back we would literally cakewalk into the Finals.

Now with this weird mix of a roster, I don’t know what to expect. But I’m not penciling us in for anything past the 2nd round.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by 76thBearCub » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:59 am

snoopdogg88 wrote:Sad. If we had just run it back we would literally cakewalk into the Finals.

Now with this weird mix of a roster, I don’t know what to expect. But I’m not penciling us in for anything past the 2nd round.

Ill fill it in for you in crayon.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,849

Post#18 » by mjkvol » Sat Jul 6, 2019 12:07 pm

Ecstatic. Leonard out of the conference and James gets screwed. It couldn't have gone any better.

Only downside is the continuing of the inmates running the asylum, as the George forced trade showed, but this is the monster they created.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,844

Post#19 » by Ben » Sat Jul 6, 2019 12:14 pm

Thank you, jeebus!
I can't believe it. Like really, really can't believe it. Kawhi did the Lakers dirty.
Sixers have a great chance to come out of the East. Gotta get a bench shooter and scorer.
cej11
Sophomore
And1: 62

Re: So how are you feeling now 

Post#20 » by cej11 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 12:17 pm

IMO it's gonna come down to how well Josh Richardson and Ben coexist in the same backcourt. If Richardson can't consistently knock down open shots and space the floor. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets moved for someone like a Buddy Hield. Hield would be a great fit next to Ben.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers