Off Season Trades

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, ThunderBolt

jambalaya
Rookie
Posts: 1,232
And1: 197
Joined: Feb 01, 2005

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#41 » by jambalaya » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:30 am

Useful trades probably possible with many teams. Clippers are one.
Balkman32
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,786
And1: 550
Joined: Jul 19, 2007
       

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#42 » by Balkman32 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:10 pm

jambalaya wrote:Useful trades probably possible with many teams. Clippers are one.


The Thunders trade exception could be used to take on Harrell or Williams from the Cilps if they end up getting 2 max free agents.
Kizz Fastfists
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,369
And1: 1,310
Joined: Jun 05, 2014
   

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#43 » by Kizz Fastfists » Fri May 31, 2019 5:45 am

Balkman32 wrote:The Thunders trade exception could be used to take on Harrell or Williams from the Cilps if they end up getting 2 max free agents.


Are you assuming OKC is going to continue to increase payroll or do you think they are going to take a contract with the TPE then send out an equal or bigger salary somewhere else to off-set that?

I don't expect them to use the TPE or tax-MLE and I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to shed some salary. All I'm expecting is to add the #21 pick, which is a cheap rookie contract, and fill out with vet minimum guys. Sell the idiots in the fan base on the idea that a healthy PG, healthy Roberson and a Russ shooting like he did in '16-'17 can happen and take OKC further than the first round. OKC won't get out of the first round if they even get to the first round, but it will be enough to get asses in the seats as they flirt with making the playoffs for the first half of the season then people will go at the end of the season to see Russ try to lock up a 4th season of worthless triple doubles if they do fall out of the playoff race.
Balkman32
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,786
And1: 550
Joined: Jul 19, 2007
       

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#44 » by Balkman32 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 7:01 pm

This roster lacks NBA talent. If they ain't adding to this group then what are they doing? The Thunder need to add NBA players to this roster. If they want to cut money they need to look at dealing Adams, Schroder, Grant and Roberson, not look to deal #21 to reduce cap.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 12,020
And1: 9,281
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
 

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#45 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Jun 4, 2019 7:35 pm

Balkman32 wrote:This roster lacks NBA talent. If they ain't adding to this group then what are they doing? The Thunder need to add NBA players to this roster. If they want to cut money they need to look at dealing Adams, Schroeder, Grant and Roberson, not look to deal #21 to reduce cap.


What the FO is facing now is a culmination of bad mistakes that they can no longer run from even from the perception of the common fan. This had been in the making for many years.
Balkman32
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,786
And1: 550
Joined: Jul 19, 2007
       

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#46 » by Balkman32 » Wed Jun 5, 2019 6:46 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:The Thunders trade exception could be used to take on Harrell or Williams from the Cilps if they end up getting 2 max free agents.


Are you assuming OKC is going to continue to increase payroll or do you think they are going to take a contract with the TPE then send out an equal or bigger salary somewhere else to off-set that?

I don't expect them to use the TPE or tax-MLE and I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to shed some salary. All I'm expecting is to add the #21 pick, which is a cheap rookie contract, and fill out with vet minimum guys. Sell the idiots in the fan base on the idea that a healthy PG, healthy Roberson and a Russ shooting like he did in '16-'17 can happen and take OKC further than the first round. OKC won't get out of the first round if they even get to the first round, but it will be enough to get asses in the seats as they flirt with making the playoffs for the first half of the season then people will go at the end of the season to see Russ try to lock up a 4th season of worthless triple doubles if they do fall out of the playoff race.


I hope this isn't the course of action. Can't get behind that. This just does not make sense. I don't think they NEED to add payroll, but they need NBA players. The team had 7 guys on the roster that I would be comfortable with playing in the playoffs. They need to have 8 or 9 of those guys. Maybe they can move around money with the contracts of Adams, Schroder, Roberson & Grant, but they need to add guys, because if not what was the point of giving George and Westbrook the $300 million?
Kizz Fastfists
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,369
And1: 1,310
Joined: Jun 05, 2014
   

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#47 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Jun 6, 2019 1:46 am

Balkman32 wrote:if not what was the point of giving George and Westbrook the $300 million?


Sam Presti proving that he could keep making the playoffs. That is all the goal is. If the goal was anything other than just make the playoffs they would have traded Russ when kd left. Instead Presti doubled down on being a 1st round exit and the team was OBVIOUSLY no better than that. Then he tripled down for the same thing. No they can't add enough to talent to guarantee the same thing next year, but Presti will try to get 5 playoff games one more time.
jambalaya
Rookie
Posts: 1,232
And1: 197
Joined: Feb 01, 2005

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#48 » by jambalaya » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:44 am

I'd consider trades of any player, but would probably be less active in considering moving maybe 5 players. After that it is full open.

Presti probably brings back 10 plus (including two way players), maybe even 12 plus.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 12,020
And1: 9,281
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
 

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#49 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:56 am

I could see Presti targeting Lavine. Kind of surprised I hadn’t thought about him before now.
Kizz Fastfists
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,369
And1: 1,310
Joined: Jun 05, 2014
   

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#50 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:41 am

ThunderBolt wrote:I could see Presti targeting Lavine. Kind of surprised I hadn’t thought about him before now.


Salary match would be an issue. Lavine is getting $19M/yr. I am not sure what OKC can offer Chicago to get them to move LaVine. OKC couldn't absorb the salary if Chicago wanted to clear space for FAs. OKC doesn't have anyone that matches, salary wise, to make it worth it to Chicago. LaVine is only 24 so it isn't like offering youth is realistic since LaVine is still young and an established quality offensive player.

I don't think Roberson, Patterson and #21 would get it done. I think Schroder would be an instant non-starter. I see some potential interesting fits for LaVine if Chicago were to throw him out there, i.e. Phoenix and Dallas, but I don't see OKC as a landing spot.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 12,020
And1: 9,281
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
 

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#51 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:20 am

Schroder, Roberson and 21 for Lavine works. OKC saves some money. Chicago gets a pg. GarPax is dumb enough to take schroder. They wanted Roberson in the previous trade so maybe they take a chance on him and they get a pick. Presti gets his youthful athletic “star” to sell the fan base on.
Balkman32
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,786
And1: 550
Joined: Jul 19, 2007
       

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#52 » by Balkman32 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 7:55 pm

Waiting for this Kawhi shoe to drop...
User avatar
Kilo
RealGM
Posts: 10,320
And1: 4,068
Joined: Jun 18, 2011
 

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#53 » by Kilo » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:49 pm

With signing of Muscala, bringing Noel back and Adams still around - Is Pat Pat available? Would a straight swap of Patterson for SG Langston Galloway (also expiring) make any sense for your roster?
Kizz Fastfists
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,369
And1: 1,310
Joined: Jun 05, 2014
   

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#54 » by Kizz Fastfists » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:01 pm

Kilo wrote:With signing of Muscala, bringing Muscala back and Adams still around - Is Pat Pat available? Would a straight swap of Patterson for SG Langston Galloway (also expiring) make any sense for your roster?


No. It increases payroll and our tax bill. We are still trying to cut salary according to everyone that is considered reliable.
Dn4sty
Veteran
Posts: 2,633
And1: 1,373
Joined: Apr 11, 2017

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#55 » by Dn4sty » Wed Jul 3, 2019 4:08 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Kilo wrote:With signing of Muscala, bringing Muscala back and Adams still around - Is Pat Pat available? Would a straight swap of Patterson for SG Langston Galloway (also expiring) make any sense for your roster?


No. It increases payroll and our tax bill. We are still trying to cut salary according to everyone that is considered reliable.


I think that a trade like this is possible for sure. There are other ways to cut tax.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 12,020
And1: 9,281
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
 

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#56 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jul 3, 2019 5:12 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Kilo wrote:With signing of Muscala, bringing Muscala back and Adams still around - Is Pat Pat available? Would a straight swap of Patterson for SG Langston Galloway (also expiring) make any sense for your roster?


No. It increases payroll and our tax bill. We are still trying to cut salary according to everyone that is considered reliable.


I think that a trade like this is possible for sure. There are other ways to cut tax.

I think Detroit would be foolish to do this.
User avatar
Kilo
RealGM
Posts: 10,320
And1: 4,068
Joined: Jun 18, 2011
 

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#57 » by Kilo » Wed Jul 3, 2019 5:14 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:
No. It increases payroll and our tax bill. We are still trying to cut salary according to everyone that is considered reliable.


I think that a trade like this is possible for sure. There are other ways to cut tax.

I think Detroit would be foolish to do this.


Our only back-up big right now is Thon Maker. Literally.

Drummond. Griffin. Maker.

That's our PF and Ce roster.

We also only have our BAE and maybe room for one vet minimum deal without going into the tax.
jambalaya
Rookie
Posts: 1,232
And1: 197
Joined: Feb 01, 2005

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#58 » by jambalaya » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:47 pm

jambalaya wrote:Useful trades probably possible with many teams. Clippers are one.
April 30.

Didn't think Prest was ready to go big this summer like I wanted. Thought he'd wait prefer to wait til next summer. But taxes, playoff exits, , injuries, etc. added up.
Balkman32
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,786
And1: 550
Joined: Jul 19, 2007
       

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#59 » by Balkman32 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:54 pm

Who's a younger guy that you like and want the Thunder to acquire using some of our picks?
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 12,020
And1: 9,281
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
 

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#60 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:16 pm

Balkman32 wrote:Who's a younger guy that you like and want the Thunder to acquire using some of our picks?

I can't think of any that are realistically available. I like Mikal Bridges.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder