ImageImageImage

Do you want Westbrook on our team?

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 122

TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,095

Post#1 » by TroubleS0me » Sun Jul 7, 2019 1:25 am

Do you?
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Re: Do you want Westbrook on our team? 

Post#2 » by HeatIn5 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 1:46 am

ya
Read on Twitter
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#3 » by Maroko » Sun Jul 7, 2019 1:47 am

Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,161

Post#4 » by Heat3 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 2:03 am

Hell yeah! I’ve wanted him on our team since before we had the Big 3.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,197

Post#5 » by BBallFreak » Sun Jul 7, 2019 2:31 am

I'm a word, YESSSSS!
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,750

Post#6 » by Wiltside » Sun Jul 7, 2019 2:40 am

Not sure. Check back later.

In a vacuum, I’d take him. But I also really hate his game and I’m concerned about paying too much given that phuckin contract is YUGE.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#7 » by Dr_Heat » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:10 am

If we don’t lose to much , then give me a hell yea

Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,331

Post#8 » by Bishop45 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:17 am

Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,744

Post#9 » by KingDavid » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:03 am

Not if we have to give up our young guys. It would need to be a package of players. Westbrook and JB don't make sense together.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Rafly
Starter
And1: 10,501

Post#10 » by Rafly » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:15 am

PG- Westbrook
SG- Butler
SF- Winslow
PF- Grant
C- Bam

If that is the starting lineup after the trade and they don’t give up Herro or KZ. I’m cool wit it.

So pretty much has to be Dragic, Waiters and KO for Westbrook.
fouled out boy
Junior
And1: 1,779

Post#11 » by fouled out boy » Sun Jul 7, 2019 8:14 am

Nooo
zgope1
Junior
And1: 600

Post#12 » by zgope1 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 8:21 am

No. He’s a bad contract and we have interesting young pieces and flexibility. Let’s see where the flexibility takes us.

Our team should be top 5 in the east as is so let’s see if a needle mover becomes available instead of putting that ceiling on our team
abark
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,416

Post#13 » by abark » Sun Jul 7, 2019 11:09 am

What do we have to give for him? The Thunder already have two of our picks. I don't think we have a first rounder to trade until 2024.

I don't think this gets done with simply unloading our shorter contracts like Dragic, Olynyk, and Waiters. They are going to want something, and we don't want to give up Winslow, Bam, or Herro.

It should also be mentioned he has shown significant decline in scoring efficiency the past two years. He used to at least have average efficiency, but last year he had a TS% of 50. No other top 50 scorer, besides Wiggins, was below 53%.

He's also been around a 5 turnover player for years, which makes his double digit assists less impressive.

And lastly, it simply is a fact that his team has gifted him rebounds for years. Last year his contested rebound percentage was 16%. That's around the same number as Waiters, Kris Dunn, and Devin Booker. There are simply no other high volume rebounders with even close to that low a number. There aren't even any non-guards in that vicinity. He's obviously better than the guys I listed, but his double digit boards are fools gold.

Despite all that he is still a good player and definitely an overall positive contributor. He's actually a very good defender, and could possibly be even better if he wasn't hunting defensive boards.

But I'm torn on whether I would want him at any price. Basically I would consider it if it simply cost us our bad contracts and whatever pick we could give. But him and Butler on a gutted team are going nowhere.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,404

Post#14 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Jul 7, 2019 11:31 am

If all the OKC gets is our expiring contracts or JJ/Dion, I'll consider it.

But not giving up Herro/Bam/Justise/KZ for his huge contract.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#15 » by Maroko » Sun Jul 7, 2019 11:52 am

People should really consider watching this video, hopefully it will open their eyes about Westbrook !

I would like to add something : during the series against the Blazers, Russel was very agressive and arrogant. If you watch that series,on defense Russel left PG to defend on Dam for someone who pretends to be a great defender...

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,118

Post#16 » by twix2500 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 12:04 pm

It depends on what the team has to give up. If he is cheap like Butler or less then yes.

Russell Westbrook Shot chart last year
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,600

Post#17 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jul 7, 2019 12:31 pm

Maroko wrote:People should really consider watching this video, hopefully it will open their eyes about Westbrook !

I would like to add something : during the series against the Blazers, Russel was very agressive and arrogant. If you watch that series,on defense Russel left PG to defend on Dam for someone who pretends to be a great defender...

I liked the portion where he focused on WB's defense on Harden. Russ could easily be a DPOY in my mind if he chose to. He's got excellent length and athleticism and he has that fire in him. However, the stat padding nonsense is just awful. Don't know if you can reset that type of programming.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,600

Post#18 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jul 7, 2019 12:35 pm

Wiltside wrote:Not sure. Check back later.

In a vacuum, I’d take him. But I also really hate his game and I’m concerned about paying too much given that phuckin contract is YUGE.

Imagine if he made good decisions and dedicated himself to defense. He could be the best player in the league. However, his gray matter is twisted a bit. Not enough to handicap him, but enough to clearly separate him from guys like Kawhi.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#19 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jul 7, 2019 1:45 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Not sure. Check back later.

Imagine if he made good decisions and dedicated himself to defense. He could be the best player in the league. However, his gray matter is twisted a bit. Not enough to handicap him, but enough to clearly separate him from guys like Kawhi.

Spo is a better coach than anything OKC has ever had but we’ve been saying this about russ for a decade.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#20 » by DefenseWins » Sun Jul 7, 2019 2:47 pm

Pros: Dynamic scorer, MVP, 8-time All-Star, triple double machine, superstar
Cons: Bad contract, may have to give up our future for him, his game may not age well due to reliance on athleticism (some people say this isnt true... a guard getting 10 rebs a night is out jumping bigs), his age WITH that contract

It puts us in battling for the East multiple years, but our cast cant be depleted for this guy. I would be mad if we gave up Winslow/Bam AND Herro for this guy. Only one can go if that had to be the case, or NONE and use future picks. We already dont have much picks either. In a rut

This allll depends on Riles... who is 74! Wasted 4 years on panic contracts. Panic signings. East is open AGAIN! Bucks/Sixers favorites. We can be that 3rd best team. It would be great for the franchise and fans to be RELEVANT again.

It sounds so good on paper with Westbrook/Butler... but the supprting cast counts too and being gutted for Westbrook, I just don’t know! A part of me says yes, but at what cost?!?

Return to Miami Heat