ImageImage

Farewell From Charlotte: Arnoldas Kulboka (leaves team)

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,137

Re: Welcome to Charlotte : : Arnoldas Kulboka 

Post#41 » by Snidely FC » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:56 am

Chapelchilla
Bench Warmer
And1: 867

Post#42 » by Chapelchilla » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:56 pm

Snidely FC wrote:

Welp, the good news from that video is that he can make wide open jumpers.
It looks like he is slightly less skinny now too. He may actually make the Hornets if we cut or trade Biyombo and need to save $.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,045

Post#43 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:32 pm

Still 2 years away. Very intriguing though.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#44 » by fatlever » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:05 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
Radu_Hornets
Rookie
And1: 325

Post#45 » by Radu_Hornets » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:44 am

Anyone knows why he didn’t play today ?
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,288

Post#46 » by Jstock12 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 9:28 am

I'm a Kulboka fan but I didn't realize he got so much stronger, he now has an NBA ready body. Considering it was the biggest thing holding him back from the NBA...
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by Snidely FC » Tue Jul 9, 2019 10:03 am

from Bonnell article on Kulboka https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/charlotte-hornets/article232417447.html
Hornets general manager Mitch Kupchak says Kulboka clearly has NBA skill (particularly 3-point range for a player of his size). But Kulboka needs to gain weight and strength and needs more playing time, something he didn’t get consistently last season with Brose Bamberg in Germany.

Professional coaches in Europe aren’t obligated to play Kulboka because that serves the Hornets’ purposes, the way Joe Wolf, who coaches the Hornets’ G-League affiliate, is. At some point, the Hornets will have to become more hands-on in developing Kulboka to get return on drafting him.

Kulboka probably isn’t yet worth the Hornets using one of their 15 regular roster spots for next season. But he could be worth using a two-way contract, which would have him playing mostly for Wolf with the Greensboro Swarm.

makes a good bit of sense to sign Kulboka as a two way and play him big minutes in Greensboro while maxing out his allotted PT in Charlotte; though if the team is serious about youth development why not sign Arnoldas to the big league team and let him play this year?
predators
Senior
And1: 319

Post#48 » by predators » Tue Jul 9, 2019 2:03 pm

Snidely FC wrote:from Bonnell article on Kulboka https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/charlotte-hornets/article232417447.html
Hornets general manager Mitch Kupchak says Kulboka clearly has NBA skill (particularly 3-point range for a player of his size). But Kulboka needs to gain weight and strength and needs more playing time, something he didn’t get consistently last season with Brose Bamberg in Germany.

Professional coaches in Europe aren’t obligated to play Kulboka because that serves the Hornets’ purposes, the way Joe Wolf, who coaches the Hornets’ G-League affiliate, is. At some point, the Hornets will have to become more hands-on in developing Kulboka to get return on drafting him.

Kulboka probably isn’t yet worth the Hornets using one of their 15 regular roster spots for next season. But he could be worth using a two-way contract, which would have him playing mostly for Wolf with the Greensboro Swarm.

makes a good bit of sense to sign Kulboka as a two way and play him big minutes in Greensboro while maxing out his allotted PT in Charlotte; though if the team is serious about youth development why not sign Arnoldas to the big league team and let him play this year?

I would imagine Kubolka would get more money in Europe over a 2 way. I do find it unsettling that he's struggling for pt on the 5th place Bundesliga team that's use to be being better. (Bundesliga is a tier 2ish league.)
Lwcasu
Pro Prospect
And1: 302

Post#49 » by Lwcasu » Tue Jul 9, 2019 6:45 pm

Snidely FC wrote:from Bonnell article on Kulboka https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/charlotte-hornets/article232417447.html

He should be playing in Charlotte this year. Let Martin, McDaniels, and even Washington (some) play in Greensboro. Kulboka looks ready.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#50 » by fatlever » Tue Jul 9, 2019 7:31 pm

Pleasantly surprised. Maybe he can pick up the role vacated by Frank.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,147

Post#51 » by JMAC3 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 8:06 pm

Wouldn’t hate trying to turn him into a SF. He has a really good three point shot and seems like he has a few other tricks up his sleeve.

Worst case he is a stretch 4 like Davis Bertans.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,156

Post#52 » by Rich4114 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:19 am

I would like to see this guy either get a roster spot and put into the rotation (more possible if we move MKG/Marvin) or let him develop this season on Greensboro. That’s what we have the affiliate for.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,156

Post#53 » by Rich4114 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:20 am

He can also get some run in the preseason.
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#54 » by -Ian- » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:55 pm

Read on Twitter

Bummer. I was hoping he'd play in the Swarm.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,045

Post#55 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:05 pm

-Ian- wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hopefully he continues to work hard and keep bulking up.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#56 » by BigSlam » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:43 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:
-Ian- wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hopefully he continues to work hard and keep bulking up.

Spoiler:
B B M F 'ers
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by Snidely FC » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:56 am

I feel like if Kubolka had been drafted by the Spurs or BKN they'd have used their last roster spot on him so he could season with the team this year. Another poor decision and lost opportunity imo.

The difference between a good team and bad?

Compare Dzanan Musa, who I believe you will be hearing a lot more from in the future, in BKN:
Musa spent more time in Brooklyn than just the nine games, and the dual experience provided him with the best of both worlds. He absorbed lessons about the professional life from vets like Jared Dudley and Ed Davis and bonded with younger teammates like D’Angelo Russell, who was part of a group of Brooklyn players who went out to Long Island to cheer on the G League squad in the playoffs.

He had the benefit of not just major minutes, but a leading role on the court with Long Island. The 6-foot-9 guard/forward was put in a position to share a playmaking role in a wide-open offense, expanding and refining his game. Through it all, the synergy between Brooklyn and Long Island made the experience seamless.

“That’s crazy how similar practices are, how similar coaches are,” said Musa. “It’s crazy that I don’t feel any difference when I’m in Brooklyn and in Long Island except for obviously the crowds and the quality of the players. I think everything Long Island is doing is reflective of the Brooklyn Nets, so I think that’s a great part of our organization.”
predators
Senior
And1: 319

Post#58 » by predators » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:11 pm

Snidely FC wrote:I feel like if Kubolka had been drafted by the Spurs or BKN they'd have used their last roster spot on him so he could season with the team this year. Another poor decision and lost opportunity imo.

The difference between a good team and bad?

Compare Dzanan Musa, who I believe you will be hearing a lot more from in the future, in BKN:
Musa spent more time in Brooklyn than just the nine games, and the dual experience provided him with the best of both worlds. He absorbed lessons about the professional life from vets like Jared Dudley and Ed Davis and bonded with younger teammates like D’Angelo Russell, who was part of a group of Brooklyn players who went out to Long Island to cheer on the G League squad in the playoffs.

He had the benefit of not just major minutes, but a leading role on the court with Long Island. The 6-foot-9 guard/forward was put in a position to share a playmaking role in a wide-open offense, expanding and refining his game. Through it all, the synergy between Brooklyn and Long Island made the experience seamless.

“That’s crazy how similar practices are, how similar coaches are,” said Musa. “It’s crazy that I don’t feel any difference when I’m in Brooklyn and in Long Island except for obviously the crowds and the quality of the players. I think everything Long Island is doing is reflective of the Brooklyn Nets, so I think that’s a great part of our organization.”

I'd rather him play in LigaACB, probably the best domestic league outside of the NBA then Greensboro Swarm. He'll be up against better competition night in and night out. They were just promoted so he's got good chance of starting.

Also the team name is Bilbao Basket which cracks me up even though I'm sure I'm not pronouncing it right.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,288

Post#59 » by Jstock12 » Thu Jan 9, 2020 9:05 pm

I'm looking at Miami's Duncan Robinson... And I think that's how the Hornets should approach Kulboka's development.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#60 » by fatlever » Thu Jan 9, 2020 11:04 pm

Return to Charlotte Hornets