Future Free Agent Thread

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Re: Future Free Agent Thread 

Post#1821 » by AingesBurner » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:26 am

dr0welf wrote:
Winglish wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the Jazz need a little more muscle to replace Favors?

Jeff Green is really a small forward. Bojan and Ingles are small forwards.

The new Jazz lack muscle.

Where is a Kenneth Faried signing when we need one?

Sent from my SM-G892U using RealGM mobile app

I think Faried would be a good signing or Nene as I don't think he picked up his option. I'm wondering if the Jazz are thinking Reed as that guy??? But you are correct they need some muscle

Brantley is probably that guy.
Ingles is cooked.
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#1822 » by dr0welf » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:31 am

GobertReport wrote:
dr0welf wrote:
Winglish wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the Jazz need a little more muscle to replace Favors?

Jeff Green is really a small forward. Bojan and Ingles are small forwards.

The new Jazz lack muscle.

Where is a Kenneth Faried signing when we need one?

I think Faried would be a good signing or Nene as I don't think he picked up his option. I'm wondering if the Jazz are thinking Reed as that guy??? But you are correct they need some muscle

Brantley is a tough prospect, I'm not quite sure how he would handle someone like the Giannis bully ball we saw last year. Gobert struggled horribly against it and Favors locked him up. Long term Brantley could be that guy, just not sure if he could be this year.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#1823 » by AingesBurner » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:39 am

dr0welf wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
dr0welf wrote:

Brantley is a tough prospect, I'm not quite sure how he would handle someone like the Giannis bully ball we saw last year. Gobert struggled horribly against it and Favors locked him up. Long term Brantley could be that guy, just not sure if he could be this year.

You’re probably right, we should go snag a big forward from Europe.
Ingles is cooked.
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#1824 » by dr0welf » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:44 am

GobertReport wrote:
dr0welf wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

like who? Maybe we just wait for next year and draft Queta
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#1825 » by AingesBurner » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:47 am

dr0welf wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
dr0welf wrote:

like who? Maybe we just wait for next year and draft Queta

Anthony Gill or Chris Singleton. Also would be super happy to draft Queta but he may be a lotto pick.
Ingles is cooked.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#1826 » by CAE15 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:48 am

dr0welf wrote:Some options we could look at for the minimum as they are not signed yet, some might demand more: Dragan Bender, Marquisse Chriss, Kenneth Faried, Jamychael Green, Dante Cunningham, Ian Clark, Corey Brewer, Jonas Jarebko, Amir Johnson, Jonathan Motley, Nene, Thabo, Nik Stauskus.... some of these might be off the list now as I don't think NBA.com has updated their lists completely.

Currently we have 13 players signed or proposed signings. Gobert, Davis, Bradley, Bogs, Niang, Green, Ingles, O'neal, Exum, DM, Spida, Mudiay, Conley. Am I missing any? That leaves 2 contracts and 2 2-way contracts.

Could be saved for guys off summer league. My thoughts are Reed, Brantley, Oni, JWF will be the signings 2 will be on the team 2 will be 2-ways. I'm think Brantley & Oni make the team and JWF and Reed are our 2-way contracts.

Thoughts??
I don't believe Reed is 2 way eligible since he has I believe 4 years NBA experience. I think Justin Wright Foreman will be one of the two ways and I'm undecided on if Oni will be on the final roster or a 2 way. Brantley I think makes the roster. I don't expect us to add another big. I could see a Royce O'Neale type potential signing or go the savvy shooting vet. Like a Jodie Meeks

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#1827 » by dr0welf » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:35 am

CAE15 wrote:
dr0welf wrote:Some options we could look at for the minimum as they are not signed yet, some might demand more: Dragan Bender, Marquisse Chriss, Kenneth Faried, Jamychael Green, Dante Cunningham, Ian Clark, Corey Brewer, Jonas Jarebko, Amir Johnson, Jonathan Motley, Nene, Thabo, Nik Stauskus.... some of these might be off the list now as I don't think NBA.com has updated their lists completely.

Currently we have 13 players signed or proposed signings. Gobert, Davis, Bradley, Bogs, Niang, Green, Ingles, O'neal, Exum, DM, Spida, Mudiay, Conley. Am I missing any? That leaves 2 contracts and 2 2-way contracts.

Could be saved for guys off summer league. My thoughts are Reed, Brantley, Oni, JWF will be the signings 2 will be on the team 2 will be 2-ways. I'm think Brantley & Oni make the team and JWF and Reed are our 2-way contracts.

Thoughts??
I don't believe Reed is 2 way eligible since he has I believe 4 years NBA experience. I think Justin Wright Foreman will be one of the two ways and I'm undecided on if Oni will be on the final roster or a 2 way. Brantley I think makes the roster. I don't expect us to add another big. I could see a Royce O'Neale type potential signing or go the savvy shooting vet. Like a Jodie Meeks

Good thought, I didn't know their were any eligibility requirements for 2 way players.

Oni and Brantley seem to have a lot more to offer then JWF right now, but we will see.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#1828 » by KqWIN » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:10 am

Something that could be of importance...The Jazz have not announced the signings of Davis (room), Green (Min), or Mudiay (Min). If I had to guess, this is because they still have a tiny bit of cap room to use. Some reported that the Jazz could have kept Neto if they wanted. I'm not going to go into a CBA rabbit hole again, but if that's true they still have about $2M left to spend. That would be enough to get someone from Europe to come over.

Corey Higgins has been rumored to be a Jazz target, he's a shooter.
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#1829 » by dr0welf » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:31 am

KqWIN wrote:Something that could be of importance...The Jazz have not announced the signings of Davis (room), Green (Min), or Mudiay (Min). If I had to guess, this is because they still have a tiny bit of cap room to use. Some reported that the Jazz could have kept Neto if they wanted. I'm not going to go into a CBA rabbit hole again, but if that's true they still have about $2M left to spend. That would be enough to get someone from Europe to come over.

I don't know much about Higgins and haven't heard any rumors that direction. Is he any good? Looked alright in the highlight films. Looked like Mudiay was at the Vegas game today supporting the team.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#1830 » by KqWIN » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:33 am

dr0welf wrote:
KqWIN wrote:Something that could be of importance...The Jazz have not announced the signings of Davis (room), Green (Min), or Mudiay (Min). If I had to guess, this is because they still have a tiny bit of cap room to use. Some reported that the Jazz could have kept Neto if they wanted. I'm not going to go into a CBA rabbit hole again, but if that's true they still have about $2M left to spend. That would be enough to get someone from Europe to come over.

I don't know much about Higgins and haven't heard any rumors that direction. Is he any good? Looked alright in the highlight films. Looked like Mudiay was at the Vegas game today supporting the team.

Googled Higgins and looks like he's signed with Barcelona. They're stealing all of our signings :lol:
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#1831 » by stitches » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:49 am

It's possible they are deciding whom of the rookies to give the full contract and whom to give 2-ways...
stitches
RealGM

Post#1832 » by stitches » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:50 am

KqWIN wrote:
Googled Higgins and looks like he's signed with Barcelona. They're stealing all of our signings :lol:

Barcelona has been our arch-nemesis ever since they stole Ante Tomic and never let him come. Next thing you know they would be signing Jazz fans' biggest wet dream - Jimmer...
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#1833 » by Winglish » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:35 am

stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
Googled Higgins and looks like he's signed with Barcelona. They're stealing all of our signings

Barcelona has been our arch-nemesis ever since they stole Ante Tomic and never let him come. Next thing you know they would be signing Jazz fans' biggest wet dream - Jimmer...
Ante Tomic would look awfully good in a Jazz uniform this season.

stitches
RealGM

Post#1834 » by stitches » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:51 am

Winglish wrote:
stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
Googled Higgins and looks like he's signed with Barcelona. They're stealing all of our signings

Ante Tomic would look awfully good in a Jazz uniform this season.

Nah, he barely survives in Europe defensively anymroe... he would get absolutely destroyed here. I'd rather put Tony Bradley on the floor methinks...

BTW here's some more info from Tony:
Read on Twitter
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,017

Post#1835 » by SoCalJazzFan » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:09 pm

Poyrthress might be a good fit for that last PF spot, and he would welcome the minimum. Big enough to play in frontcourt, has turned into a good catch and shoot guy, and although not great defense, perhaps adequate for near end of bench guy.

Stats compared to other bigs still available that might fit
http://bkref.com/tiny/u9Tn9

Atlanta article about Poythress
https://www.nba.com/hawks/five-things-know-about-alex-poythress-2018-19-season

ATM, if I were the Jazz, I would sign Poythress to min deal (maybe two year with team option for second year), Brantley and Oni to 2-way contracts, say sayonara to JWF (edit: maybe invite him to camp and then sign with Stars), and use the last roster spot on a wing (not sure who atm).
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,017

Post#1836 » by SoCalJazzFan » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:12 pm

I thought Poythress was an UFA, but he is a restricted on 2-way with Hawks still. Would min offer be enough to get him?

(Edit: I'm getting conflicting info on his status, but am inclined to think he is an UFA. With the Hawks now having Reddish, Hunter, and Parker I doubt that they would need or want him even if he is a RFA).
stitches
RealGM

Post#1837 » by stitches » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:32 pm

Read on Twitter

Ross was one of the players we apparently went after ^
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#1838 » by dr0welf » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:55 am

Livingston anyone??
Stern Fixer
Rookie
And1: 282

Post#1839 » by Stern Fixer » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:29 am

dr0welf wrote:Livingston anyone??

Do we have enough money left in the kitty? That guy is sooo clutch with good length - we can always use another dependable wing.
"But if you want to win, you have to teach a player how to win. That's why I don't believe in tanking, all that stuff. You don't learn how to win by losing on purpose to get a 19-year-old who you've never seen." -Rudy Gobert, 2017/18 Season
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#1840 » by CAE15 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:40 am

Livingston would definitely be a minimum signing. Though I don't see why he would choose us over say the clippers who have an actual backup point guard need. He'd be great for Exum but I don't think he's fine with battling for 3rd with Mudiay

Return to Utah Jazz