Post#1 » by VCfor3 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 9:24 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,679

Re: Woj: Delon Wright S&T to Dallas for two 2nds 

Post#2 » by Whole Truth » Sun Jul 7, 2019 9:33 pm

Out Conley, Delon, Carter in Ja & Melton.

Even in a sink or swim situation, rookie Ja coming off of surgury & Melton seems pretty thin without Delon.

I wonder if there's a short term vet PG coming back in trade to help stabblize the position?.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#3 » by Whole Truth » Sun Jul 7, 2019 9:35 pm

3m dropped from Miles trade, Delon 7m cap hold gone, Bradley's 10m waived. = 20m shed.

If Memphis buyout Hill does it count against the cap?.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#4 » by Whole Truth » Sun Jul 7, 2019 10:05 pm

SF - Iggy 17.1m
SF - Hill 12.7m
SF - Anderson 9m
SF - Jackson 7m
SF/PF - Crowder 7.8m
SF/PF - Bruno 1.8m
SF/SG - Brooks 1.6m

Total = 57m at SF

In letting Delon go Memphis will have 1.3m practical cap space.

If they denounce the remaining cap hold, roughly 10.6m = roughly 12m practical cap space.

Remains to be seen how much $ Memphis can shed in trading/buying out Iggys' 17m.

It's possible Memphis can open up to 19-20m cap space. Help facilitate capped teams vying for Westbrook/Russell.

Consolidate their SF position, into one SF contract. (Wiggins/Teague/Culver).
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,972

Post#5 » by VCfor3 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:57 am

Whole Truth wrote:SF - Iggy 17.1m
SF - Hill 12.7m
SF - Anderson 9m
SF - Jackson 7m
SF/PF - Crowder 7.8m
SF/PF - Bruno 1.8m
SF/SG - Brooks 1.6m

Total = 57m at SF

If they denounce the remaining cap hold, roughly 10.6m = roughly 12m practical cap space.

Remains to be seen how much $ Memphis can shed in trading/buying out Iggys' 17m.

It's possible Memphis can open up to 19-20m cap space. Help facilitate capped teams vying for Westbrook/Russell.

Where are you getting your total cap numbers from? I don't think Memphis has any practical cap space even if we waive our cap holds. Unless I'm missing something, we are at 113m not including cap holds, the offer sheet to Tyus, or the international guy we are supposedly signing. Agreed that that is a ton of money at SF but I'm not worried about roster balance this year.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#6 » by SD2042 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:24 am

At first when the reports came out a couple of days ago, I thought it was a bluff by the Mavs to manipulate the Grizzlies into beating the potential offer sheet. Once it went down, the Grizzlies decided to get more assets instead.

However, the team really has just one PG on the roster and that's Ja. Technically you can count Anderson as he's a known decent play maker. Maybe Melton as he's a decent play maker as well .Otherwise, the Grizzlies may need to look into options for PG if that's the road they are looking into now that Wright has been dealt to the Mavericks.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#7 » by SD2042 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:27 am

VCfor3 wrote:
SF - Hill 12.7m
SF - Anderson 9m
SF - Jackson 7m
SF/PF - Crowder 7.8m
SF/PF - Bruno 1.8m
SF/SG - Brooks 1.6m

Total = 57m at SF

Where are you getting your total cap numbers from? I don't think Memphis has any practical cap space even if we waive our cap holds. Unless I'm missing something, we are at 113m not including cap holds, the offer sheet to Tyus, or the international guy we are supposedly signing. Agreed that that is a ton of money at SF but I'm not worried about roster balance this year.

When did the Grizzlies extended an offer to Tyus Jones?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#8 » by VCfor3 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 7:05 am

SD2042 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
SF - Hill 12.7m
SF - Anderson 9m
SF - Jackson 7m
SF/PF - Crowder 7.8m
SF/PF - Bruno 1.8m
SF/SG - Brooks 1.6m

Total = 57m at SF

When did the Grizzlies extended an offer to Tyus Jones?

Couple hours ago
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Whole Truth » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:04 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
SF - Hill 12.7m
SF - Anderson 9m
SF - Jackson 7m
SF/PF - Crowder 7.8m
SF/PF - Bruno 1.8m
SF/SG - Brooks 1.6m

Total = 57m at SF

Spotrac, however yesterday they had the practical max cap space at -6m with Delon's 7-8m still on the cap hold. Today, he's off it & it's still at -6. The cap holds probably don't function the way I think they do?.

Active Roster Cap - $112,987,487
Dead Money - $2,459,414
Cap Holds - $51,813,565
Total Cap Allocations - $115,446,901
2019 NBA Salary Cap Max - $109,140,000
Cap Max Space - $-6,306,901

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/memphis-grizzlies/cap/
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#10 » by Whole Truth » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:18 pm

SD2042 wrote:At first when the reports came out a couple of days ago, I thought it was a bluff by the Mavs to manipulate the Grizzlies into beating the potential offer sheet. Once it went down, the Grizzlies decided to get more assets instead.

However, the team really has just one PG on the roster and that's Ja. Technically you can count Anderson as he's a known decent play maker. Maybe Melton as he's a decent play maker as well .Otherwise, the Grizzlies may need to look into options for PG if that's the road they are looking into now that Wright has been dealt to the Mavericks.

I'm trying to understand why they would let Wright, who they could match, go. Only to hope Minnesota don't match Jones at the same price point ?.

Where they priced Jones, pushes Minnesota 1m before the Luxury tax with 14 roster spots. It's possible they could go into the luxury tax to keep their lone viable long term PG option which would have me question the risk decision of giving up Wright.

I'm thinking there's possibly an alternative reason for pushing Memphis into skirting the luxury tax for leverage other than trying to "pry" Jones, when they had "control" to keep Wright. They let go of that control to pressure Minnesota & risk coming up without either PG option if they match. With Jones being Minnesota's only viable option outside an expiring Teague, a definite possibility. It could be that Memphis are trying to force them into having to shed salary/contracts other than Jones to keep him.

i.e a pick attached to Teague, where Memphis get a viable vet backup & an asset sending part of that 19m back their way.

With that 7m offer sheet to match, a 12m contract filler would offset the price point for Teague's 19m.

(Solomon Hill - 12.7m) for (Teague 19m + pick) Minnesota dump Teague, match Jones without skirting the tax but it cost them a pick asset.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#11 » by VCfor3 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:13 pm

Whole Truth wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
SF - Hill 12.7m
SF - Anderson 9m
SF - Jackson 7m
SF/PF - Crowder 7.8m
SF/PF - Bruno 1.8m
SF/SG - Brooks 1.6m

Total = 57m at SF

Spotrac, however yesterday they had the practical max cap space at -6m with Delon's 7-8m still on the cap hold. Today, he's off it & it's still at -6. The cap holds probably don't function the way I think they do?.

Active Roster Cap - $112,987,487
Dead Money - $2,459,414
Cap Holds - $51,813,565
Total Cap Allocations - $115,446,901
2019 NBA Salary Cap Max - $109,140,000
Cap Max Space - $-6,306,901

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/memphis-grizzlies/cap/

Ah yeah ok. Cap holds aren't counted as part of the active roster cap. So waiving them doesn't help us unfortunately.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#12 » by jman3134 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 3:19 am

Any details on when these second round picks accrue? What year?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#13 » by VCfor3 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 3:54 am

jman3134 wrote:Any details on when these second round picks accrue? What year?

Not yet. Also, props on Didi. He looked really good tonight. I think you are the only person on RealGM who called it ha.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#14 » by jman3134 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 4:46 am

Thanks for the love. I recorded this so I might have some input when I watch him for the first time in this setting.

My feelings are mixed. I like that it may be a good call, but the lower his value, the easier for our Grizz to acquire via trade. Still have my fingers crossed.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#15 » by VCfor3 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 5:10 am

jman3134 wrote:Thanks for the love. I recorded this so I might have some input when I watch him for the first time in this setting.

My feelings are mixed. I like that it may be a good call, but the lower his value, the easier for our Grizz to acquire via trade. Still have my fingers crossed.

Very true. NAW and Hayes looked really good too. NOP did well with trading #4.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies