Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Free Agency 19- PtIII (The endgame!) 

Post#1 » by Kilroy » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:46 am

Last thread:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1865088#p77107983

If you sign Troy Daniels and nobody notices, did you really sign him?
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Re: Free Agency 19- PtIII (The endgame!) 

Post#2 » by snaquille oatmeal » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:52 am

Kilroy wrote:Last thread:

To answer your last question, we still have one spot left, however, that is counting a two-way player and an unsigned second round player so it could be 3 spots left
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#3 » by Kilroy » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:55 am

I'm with Doc on Avery Bradley... Would love to give him a spot if he'll take it for the money.
Iggy too, if he'll take a vet min deal, we have to do that.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#4 » by TyCobb » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:57 am

I want Iguodala and Dragic. I feel like Westbrook will be moved to Miami so an Iggy type buyout could happen when Dragic gets sent to OKC.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#5 » by Kilroy » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:00 am

TyCobb wrote:I want Iguodala and Dragic. I feel like Westbrook will be moved to Miami so an Iggy type buyout could happen when Dragic gets sent to OKC.

I have a deep seeded dislike of Dragic... And my impression was his play had fallen off a cliff... But at this point, I'm not super picky.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#6 » by Landsberger » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:09 am

The Phx Dragic was a little punk who was a lot better than our little punk at the time. I didn't like him at all then. He's been irrelevant to the Lakers for a long time so I can "start over" with him if he has 18 minutes a game of his game left in him.

Iguodala is a little different. I like what was... how much of that is till there is the question with him. He showed well in a couple of the finals games and looked creaky in a couple others.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,970

Post#7 » by zimpy27 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:12 am

TyCobb wrote:I want Iguodala and Dragic. I feel like Westbrook will be moved to Miami so an Iggy type buyout could happen when Dragic gets sent to OKC.

Either would be great but I prefer Iggy.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#8 » by TheKingofSting » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:52 am

Like someone posted in the last thread, LeBron was the best player in the league before his injury last season so if he really did pitch Kawhi that he would take a backseat or not it doesn’t matter now because PG and Kawhi just activated Beast Mode LeBron!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#9 » by Landsberger » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:23 am

To answer your question about Daniels.

I remember him being a one trick pony which is 3 pointers. When he's hot he's hot.... vice versa as well.

If you look at his career shooting stats he shoots the 3 well. His shot selection is about as 3 point centric as anyone I've ever seen. Upwards of 75% of his shots come from deep. Combined he shoots less than 15% of the time from 0 to 16 feet. So on paper he looks like he fill a specific role.... not sure about much more than that.
Lakers24gm
Junior
And1: 118

Post#10 » by Lakers24gm » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:31 am

What about just keeping the room exception open till the season and possibly seeing if Darren Collison wants to come back.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,925

Post#11 » by tugs » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:52 am

He was our first off-season move so it's understandable that it was overlooked as everyone was waiting on Kawhi.

Then when Kawhi signed, deals snowballed and his deal got buried.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#12 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 5:56 am

Landsberger wrote:The Phx Dragic was a little punk who was a lot better than our little punk at the time. I didn't like him at all then. He's been irrelevant to the Lakers for a long time so I can "start over" with him if he has 18 minutes a game of his game left in him.

Iguodala is a little different. I like what was... how much of that is till there is the question with him. He showed well in a couple of the finals games and looked creaky in a couple others.

Sums up my thoughts on the 2 pretty well. I think a few folks are hoping we sign Iggy, and he's gonna be alot more than what he is now. Those same folks will call him 'trash' mid-jan. If anyone thinks Iggy's gonna be this big signing for us....I don't think so anymore. Iggy will earn his keep a few games in the regular season...and come playoffs. But all you can ask is the guy comes in and helps the bench from getting too crazy, and dropping a big lead/falling too far behind. A couple timely 3's....some decent D (for a few minutes!) and that's really gonna be it.

He's a nice #8 off the bench......really good #9 off the bench, and your just gonna get frustrated if you expect/hope for any more from the guy at this stage. 5-straight finals runs.....that's what?? An extra season and half....maybe 2 seasons?
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#13 » by Pythagoras » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:48 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:The Phx Dragic was a little punk who was a lot better than our little punk at the time. I didn't like him at all then. He's been irrelevant to the Lakers for a long time so I can "start over" with him if he has 18 minutes a game of his game left in him.

Sums up my thoughts on the 2 pretty well. I think a few folks are hoping we sign Iggy, and he's gonna be alot more than what he is now. Those same folks will call him 'trash' mid-jan. If anyone thinks Iggy's gonna be this big signing for us....I don't think so anymore. Iggy will earn his keep a few games in the regular season...and come playoffs. But all you can ask is the guy comes in and helps the bench from getting too crazy, and dropping a big lead/falling too far behind. A couple timely 3's....some decent D (for a few minutes!) and that's really gonna be it.

He's a nice #8 off the bench......really good #9 off the bench, and your just gonna get frustrated if you expect/hope for any more from the guy at this stage. 5-straight finals runs.....that's what?? An extra season and half....maybe 2 seasons?

Who knows how much he has left in the tank given his age, but Iggy was still actually really, really good last year.
Numbers rule the universe.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#14 » by Slava » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:02 am

I think this is also the reason Pelinka is holding onto the MLE. If Dragic can afford to give $4.8M in savings it would make a buyout a lot more palatable for OKC who will be over the tax. We need this Westbrook to Miami deal happen fast.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,800

Post#15 » by Mos_Heat » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:47 am

Dragic was pretty good after knee injury. He can shoot ~40% from 3 and run decent P'n'R.

Pretty bad on defense tho
:reporter:
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#16 » by Slava » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:57 am

Mos_Heat wrote:Dragic was pretty good after knee injury. He can shoot ~40% from 3 and run decent P'n'R.

Pretty bad on defense tho

Yeah that's all we need alongside LeBron. He's always been quite savvy enough that even if the straight line speed he had in his prime is not there, he can still run a crafty offense.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#17 » by myersia » Mon Jul 8, 2019 11:23 am

Any idea on when the press conference will be for ad, boogie, and all new players?
TJM217
Pro Prospect
And1: 242

Post#18 » by TJM217 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:53 pm

Been thinking about this FA period. I think one of our most underrated signings is Javale McGee. When healthy McGee was an excellent rim protector. One of ADs best qualities is his defense and rim protection. With both on the court we have a twin towers like rim protection with a 4 and 5 that won’t die on switches. I think this is getting slept on
Lake Show Baby!!!
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,925

Post#19 » by tugs » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:11 pm

Last time a team had two towering agile bigs was what? Sampson-Olajuwon? Robinson-Duncan?
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#20 » by Spanish_Laker » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:20 pm

myersia wrote:Any idea on when the press conference will be for ad, boogie, and all new players?

This.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users

Return to Los Angeles Lakers