Crafty919 wrote:Image

That’s a dope painting!

i need this sized for an avatar
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Re: All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1184 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:49 pm

I kinda want to order a City Edition Russell jersey, but a lot of what I'm seeing on eBay is from Hong Kong. Anyone know where I can find one relatively cheap?

Also with the Nike sizings, how do the large v. XL fit? I'm about 5'8 190 and I'm in shirt size hell because half the time Larges are perfect and half the time I like to go XL. I feel with Nike it usually good to go up a size when in doubt...
IcemanBrooklyn
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#1185 » by IcemanBrooklyn » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:31 am

What’s up everyone. Been a nets fan since the 2003 nba finals. What increased my fanship was when Vince carter came a little later on. When they moved to Brooklyn, it was a good thing for me since I’m born and raised in Brooklyn. Supported this team and knew eventually we would be taken seriously. I’m glad we are here now.
Codeblack
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#1186 » by Codeblack » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:47 pm

Charles Oakley

Charles Oakley: ‘Nets hit Mega Millions and Powerball’
New York hoop writers were at the Big 3 Tournament at Barclays Center Sunday. They talked to a number of former Nets (and one outspoken former Knick) about the Nets off-season ... and what it means for both New York basketball and the NBA.

The responses were unanimous: The Nets won free agency with their acquisition of Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving and DeAndre Jordan. Charles Oakley, who’s locked in a lawsuit against Madison Square Garden and James Dolan over his arrest back in 2017, was most vocal.

“(The Nets) hit the Mega Millions and the Powerball,” Oakley said. “They hit both of them, and you got two marquee players, two of the top-five free agents. Kevin is the best player in the game until he got hurt. Sean Marks has done a great job over there. They’ve got new ownership. The fans have been waiting for something like this and now they’ve got it.”

Kenyon Martin, who like Oakley, is a Big 3 team coach, said the Nets arrival in Brooklyn, in the works when he was with the New Jersey, changed a lot for the organization. Now, the promise of Brooklyn, it appears, is fulfilled.

“I think it’s a different day and age because they’re in New York,” said Martin, who also played two seasons at the Garden. “Nobody has to cross the (Hudson) river to come see them play. We were over there and still in the Meadowlands. No matter what we were doing or how much we were winning, we were still in the Meadowlands. Then, the Knicks’ historical brand is always going to be that no matter what the Nets do. I think if they come in and win a championship that will change the dynamic.”

Making the comparison between the two New York clubs even more extreme is the aftermath of what Adrian Wojnarowski dubbed “The Clean Sweep.” The Knicks fell short, Oakley said.

“I think they signed a lot of guys at the same position, so I hope they can gel together and I hope the fans can come out and see a winning team,” Oakley said of the Knicks. “They drafted a young guy and they signed a Morris twin, Portis and Julius Randle. We’ve got to see. Do they have an A player on their team? I don’t think so. They’ve got maybe one B and a lot of Cs.”

Some of the Big 3 players who played for Brooklyn were wowed by what Sean Marks and Kenny Atkinson had done since they left the organization.

“I think Sean Marks is doing a great job,” said Reggie Evans. “I think he’s doing a wonderful job. I think he did a great job getting those guys. I heard he’s a great players’ GM. You can’t beat that. For Brooklyn to get two GMs like that — because Billy King was a first-class GM, that was my man. Marks can relate because he was a ballplayer. It doesn’t get better than that.”

Joe Johnson said he thinks the Nets have a shot at a title. He like the others also credited some of the Nets success to the market ... and its legacy.

“It’s still New York and the mecca of basketball,” Johnson said. “To see that they’ve gotten two of the top three players in the NBA doesn’t surprise me at all. I’m looking forward to it. I thought it was a great offseason not only for the Nets but for the league. I think we should have a great competing season coming up.”

Evans dismissed the idea that Durant and Irving won’t be able to handle the brights lights of the big city, a trope pushed by Knicks fans.

“KD and Kyrie ain’t going to have no trouble playing in front of these bright lights,” Evans said. “Period. They’re going to take the Barclays to a whole other level. That’s why I’m praying to God that KD comes back healthy 100 percent and he takes his time. I want to see the old KD, the one before he got hurt. I want to see him take Barclays to a whole new level like Ewing did in Madison Square Garden.”

And Johnson said moving the team’s training facility from East Rutherford to Brooklyn ... and players’ decision to live in the borough will be a big help.

“Obviously, they’ve got to mesh and see how things turn out. It’s a lot different than when I played here. We practiced in East Rutherford. Everybody stayed in New Jersey and commuted here (Barclays Center) on game day. Just to be here at 5:30, you had to leave your house at 3:00. We were in traffic for two and a half hours. Now everybody lives in Brooklyn, so it’s a lot easier.”

Finally, the players dismissed any comparison between the Nets haul and the 2013 trade that brought another Kevin, Garnett, Paul Pierce and Jason Terry to Brooklyn.

“How old is Kyrie? 27. How old is KD? 30. He’s in his 20s, and he’s in his early 30s,” Evans reminded Scotto. “You’re talking about guys (Pierce and Garnett) who were (36 and 37). It’s a total age difference. Just imagine if we got those three guys four years earlier in their career. If we got KG at 31, Jason Terry at 26. We get that? It’s a problem. What we got was smart, wise guys who know the game. It’s two different scenarios. I like what they’ve got going on.”

https://www.netsdaily.com/2019/7/15/20695479/charles-oakley-nets-hit-the-mega-millions-and-the-powerball
Codeblack
Ballboy

Post#1187 » by Codeblack » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:16 pm

Big moves on the court take a little time to percolate in a team’s financial coffers. First, there’s a rise in season ticket sales, then an increase in interest among the team’s sponsors and perspective sponsors ... and endorsements too. Then, there’s the increase in revenue for the local TV rights holder, in this case, YES Network.

Front Office Sports’ Michael McCarthy writes Wednesday that YES’ senior vice president of advertising sale, Howard Levinson, says he’s beginning to see the effect of the Nets signing of Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving.

The 27-time world champion New York Yankees have always been YES’ primary ratings and advertising attraction. But since the Durant/Irving news, the Nets have been drawing “Yankees-like attention,” according to Levinson.

Led by Levinson, YES’ sales reps started fielding calls from current and outside sponsors even before Durant and Irving made it official. Another YES executive who declined to be named said: “Bottom line, the Nets are hotter than they’ve ever been with our buyers.”
Since the big signings, McCarthy writes, there’s another benefit. YES confirmed the regional sports network has raised its ad rates.

It’s also giving YES people a shot at further breaking the Knicks and MSG’s hold on NBA viewers in New York and the metro area. Although the Knicks outdrew the Nets by a 2-1 margin last season, it was a tale of two teams ==and TV ratings—going in different directions. The 2-1 margin may seem daunting but it was 6-1 a few years back.

In fact, Nets on YES was up 22 percent in 2018-19, fourth biggest jump in the Sports Business Journal’s annual ratings survey, while Knicks on MSG dropped by 38 percent.

Now, Brad Adgate, a media consultant, thinks even without injured Kevin Durant, YES ratings could make an even bigger jump.

“The addition of Irving alone could more than double the Nets’ local TV ratings, according to Adgate

He suggests as well that the popularity of both YES Network teams, the Yankees as well as the Nets, will provide opportunities for synergy, noting the Nets moves can be publicized and talked about during Yankee coverage.

“They can mention all the online buzz the team has gotten. Increased ticket sales. The (Nets) can be promoted more on Yankees telecasts,” Adgate said.

YES is not revealing specific numbers, but McCarthy reports that they’re likely in line with the dramatic increases in ticket and merchandise sales plus social media exposure, meaning it’s likely a “windfall” for YES.

The club’s ticket sales staff received nearly 1,000 inbound phone calls that day alone. The team’s web site experienced a 675% spike in traffic. The team’s online store set sales records on July 1, July 7 and July 9.
The increased revenues will also help YES make its “nut” after agreeing to a new deal with the Nets four years ago. The Nets renegotiated its deal with YES in 2015. According to a report in the Sports Business Journal, the team receives a rights fee from the network of around $40 million annually.

Nets Drawing “Yankees-Like” Attention At YES With Durant And Kyrie - Michael McCarthy - Front Office Sports
Codeblack
Ballboy

Post#1188 » by Codeblack » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:55 pm

Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#1189 » by Aussienet3 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:45 am

Codeblack wrote:Big moves on the court take a little time to percolate in a team’s financial coffers. First, there’s a rise in season ticket sales, then an increase in interest among the team’s sponsors and perspective sponsors ... and endorsements too. Then, there’s the increase in revenue for the local TV rights holder, in this case, YES Network.

Front Office Sports’ Michael McCarthy writes Wednesday that YES’ senior vice president of advertising sale, Howard Levinson, says he’s beginning to see the effect of the Nets signing of Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving.

The 27-time world champion New York Yankees have always been YES’ primary ratings and advertising attraction. But since the Durant/Irving news, the Nets have been drawing “Yankees-like attention,” according to Levinson.

Led by Levinson, YES’ sales reps started fielding calls from current and outside sponsors even before Durant and Irving made it official. Another YES executive who declined to be named said: “Bottom line, the Nets are hotter than they’ve ever been with our buyers.”
Since the big signings, McCarthy writes, there’s another benefit. YES confirmed the regional sports network has raised its ad rates.

It’s also giving YES people a shot at further breaking the Knicks and MSG’s hold on NBA viewers in New York and the metro area. Although the Knicks outdrew the Nets by a 2-1 margin last season, it was a tale of two teams ==and TV ratings—going in different directions. The 2-1 margin may seem daunting but it was 6-1 a few years back.

In fact, Nets on YES was up 22 percent in 2018-19, fourth biggest jump in the Sports Business Journal’s annual ratings survey, while Knicks on MSG dropped by 38 percent.

Now, Brad Adgate, a media consultant, thinks even without injured Kevin Durant, YES ratings could make an even bigger jump.

“The addition of Irving alone could more than double the Nets’ local TV ratings, according to Adgate

He suggests as well that the popularity of both YES Network teams, the Yankees as well as the Nets, will provide opportunities for synergy, noting the Nets moves can be publicized and talked about during Yankee coverage.

“They can mention all the online buzz the team has gotten. Increased ticket sales. The (Nets) can be promoted more on Yankees telecasts,” Adgate said.

YES is not revealing specific numbers, but McCarthy reports that they’re likely in line with the dramatic increases in ticket and merchandise sales plus social media exposure, meaning it’s likely a “windfall” for YES.

The club’s ticket sales staff received nearly 1,000 inbound phone calls that day alone. The team’s web site experienced a 675% spike in traffic. The team’s online store set sales records on July 1, July 7 and July 9.
The increased revenues will also help YES make its “nut” after agreeing to a new deal with the Nets four years ago. The Nets renegotiated its deal with YES in 2015. According to a report in the Sports Business Journal, the team receives a rights fee from the network of around $40 million annually.

Nets Drawing “Yankees-Like” Attention At YES With Durant And Kyrie - Michael McCarthy - Front Office Sports

$40m per year for tv rights will be a drop in the ocean. Great move by both sides. Well done to Marks for providing the YES network with great viewing content.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#1190 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:17 am

Keith Van Horn wrote:I kinda want to order a City Edition Russell jersey, but a lot of what I'm seeing on eBay is from Hong Kong. Anyone know where I can find one relatively cheap?

Also with the Nike sizings, how do the large v. XL fit? I'm about 5'8 190 and I'm in shirt size hell because half the time Larges are perfect and half the time I like to go XL. I feel with Nike it usually good to go up a size when in doubt...

There’s a lawsuit over the city edition that last I saw the Nets and Nike were trying to get thrown out of court. My guess is they pulled it all temporarily.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#1191 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:56 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:I kinda want to order a City Edition Russell jersey, but a lot of what I'm seeing on eBay is from Hong Kong. Anyone know where I can find one relatively cheap?

There’s a lawsuit over the city edition that last I saw the Nets and Nike were trying to get thrown out of court. My guess is they pulled it all temporarily.

I found this guy on twitter

https://gumroad.com/jerseystreet

$49 including shipping. We'll see when it gets here the quality of it! :lol:
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#1192 » by GTR11 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 7:57 am

So it's true KD without the boot and recovering fast? Not that I want him to play this season.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#1193 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Aug 2, 2019 11:42 am

Keith Van Horn wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:

Just got a poor knock off City Durant jersey on Amazon, fulfilled by Amazon. XXLs only, but it definitely ran small, so it fit well. Not normal jersey material, but it looked ok and felt comfortable.

https://www.amazon.com/VF-LSG-Brooklyn-Durant-Jersey/dp/B07TYBLN8F/ref=asc_df_B07TYBLN8F/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=366307019646&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8971981533367106042&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9006943&hvtargid=pla-788651061756&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=77662695513&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=366307019646&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8971981533367106042&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9006943&hvtargid=pla-788651061756
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect
And1: 840

Post#1194 » by Brooklyn91 » Tue Sep 3, 2019 4:01 pm

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1195 » by Prokorov » Thu Sep 5, 2019 2:55 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:There’s a lawsuit over the city edition that last I saw the Nets and Nike were trying to get thrown out of court. My guess is they pulled it all temporarily.

Just got a poor knock off City Durant jersey on Amazon, fulfilled by Amazon. XXLs only, but it definitely ran small, so it fit well. Not normal jersey material, but it looked ok and felt comfortable.

https://www.amazon.com/VF-LSG-Brooklyn-Durant-Jersey/dp/B07TYBLN8F/ref=asc_df_B07TYBLN8F/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=366307019646&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8971981533367106042&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9006943&hvtargid=pla-788651061756&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=77662695513&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=366307019646&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8971981533367106042&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9006943&hvtargid=pla-788651061756

i got a kyrie one. brooklyn on the front wasnt perfectly straight and it was WAY off the material/colors of the authentic swingman one i had for deangello.

its wearable, but clear its a knock off.

it sucks you cant get legit city edition anymore
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#1196 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Sep 5, 2019 3:22 pm

Prokorov wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:I found this guy on twitter

i got a kyrie one. brooklyn on the front wasnt perfectly straight and it was WAY off the material/colors of the authentic swingman one i had for deangello.

I think @flatbushandatlantic on twitter is selling the alternate jerseys with BKLYN on it. Not the City Editions ones..... but the dude on Twitter I got my Russell jersey from this past summer was great. The jersey came in and it looks perfect.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#1197 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Sep 5, 2019 3:36 pm

Prokorov wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:I found this guy on twitter

I'm sure the City Editions will come back at some point. For the price, and given the lack of availability, it works. The material is way off, but I think it's actually more comfortable than traditional jerseys.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1198 » by Prokorov » Thu Sep 5, 2019 6:09 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I'm sure the City Editions will come back at some point. For the price, and given the lack of availability, it works. The material is way off, but I think it's actually more comfortable than traditional jerseys.

i dont think so, their are new city editions this year
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

All Things "Brooklyn Nets" Thread 

Post#1199 » by Paradise » Thu Sep 5, 2019 11:42 pm

Prokorov wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

i dont think so, their are new city editions this year

My understanding is that the new city jerseys will have the same coogi like colors (probably a different pattern) but with this new font:

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#1200 » by GTR11 » Sat Oct 5, 2019 12:13 pm

You guys know chemistry is a huge thing in a locker room. Just finished watching last 2 years ( selective games ) of 6's games. Damn Jimmy had impact, I mean some vids won't load here from YouTube but he was HUGE for them. I'm not sure AL and J.Rich can do that.

Return to Brooklyn Nets