Analyst
And1: 723

Re: Wait a Minute 

Post#101 » by hookshot199 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:57 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
Read on Twitter

Reposting this tweet.
But this means that we are keeping our 2020 and 2021 picks.

So Presti wanted picks where he actually had a chance of them not being in the late 20s.
And we still have a couple of assets to work with to improve this roster during this 4 year run with Kawhi and PG.

Dope AF.

Totally agree with this and the last post by hookshot199. People tend to overestimate picks and forget the real value of non top-4 picks is in trading them for better assets--in other words doing exactly what we did. Presti doesn't want picks in the low 20s; smart man. But, really, what are the chances of any of those picks being a top 7 pick--or even a top 10 pick? I've got a big-ass long piece where I breakdown what this trade would get in terms of the draft selections in previous drafts ... don't know if it's worth it to post. But I'll summarize it like this. I made a guess as to where the picks would end up, and got two low-ish lottery picks, one high non-lottery pick, and two mid 20s picks. Five players over six years came up pretty big ... once in 15 years in my random breakdown. YMMV, but the real value in these picks is in what Presti will trade them for down the line.

To add to your point: Picks between 6 and 14 in the 2007, 2008 and 2009 drafts: Joakim Noah (9 in 2007),
Gallinari, Gordon and Brook Lopez (6, 7 and 10 in 2008, all good players but not stars), and Curry and DeRozan
(7 and 9 in 2009). Curry of course is a hall-of-famer.

The new draft format doesn't let you tank like during the Hinkie years. The worst record gives you a 14%
rather than 25% chance at the first pick.

Anyway, I think what Jerry West did is brilliant and, more importantly, you prevented another super-team
which, in my opinion, strikes at the integrity of the game.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: Clips Acquire Paul George for SGA, Gallo, 5 First-Rounders and 2 Pick Swaps 

Post#102 » by TheNewEra » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:03 pm

Lol
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#103 » by donemilio21 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:26 pm

- On July 20, 2007, Seattle (OKC) acquired 2008 and 2010 first-round draft picks and Kurt Thomas from Phoenix in exchange for a 2009 second-round draft pick.[28] Seattle used the pick to draft Serge Ibaka.
- On Jun 24 2016 Ibaka got traded to Orlando (ORL) from Oklahoma City (OKC) for Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and Domantas Sabonis
- On July 6 2017 OKC traded for Paul George by seding Oladipo and Sabonis to Indiana.
- On Jul 6 2019 OKC traded George to LA Clippers for 2025 1st round pick [right to swap] , 2024 1st round pick [unprotected LAC pick] , 2023 1st round pick [right to swap] , 2023 1st round pick [top-14 protected MIA pick] , 2022 1st round pick [unprotected LAC pick] , 2021 1st round pick [unprotected MIA pick] , Danilo Gallinari, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and 2026 1st round pick [unprotected LAC pick

That 2009 2nd round pick turned into six 1st round picks :o
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#104 » by donemilio21 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:32 pm

I honestly think we overpaid, only because I believe Shai will be an all-star in his 3rd year in the league.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#105 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:40 pm

donemilio21 wrote:I honestly think we overpaid, only because I believe Shai will be an all-star in his 3rd year in the league.

To me it depends on who Paul George the playoff performer is.

If he remains a star come playoff time, then I think it's fair.
If he shrivels up like Raisin Bran in the playoffs, then yeah this might be an overpay.

edit: And Shai is the main portion of that overpay (so I'm echoing your sentiments). I really like that kid and wish he was still here. I'm gonna be :banghead: if George comes up small in April/ May while Shai is excelling.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,744

Post#106 » by madmaxmedia » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:24 pm

It's an overpay by itself. But it appears we didn't have a realistic chance of convincing Kawhi to join us without first getting PG.

I mean I think we'd have been pretty damn good with Kawhi and Gallo/Shai on the floor next season instead of PG. But it's such a superstar driven game, so I am probably underestimating the impact a superstar like PG gives you on the floor. I loved Gallo here and he produced a lot for us last season, but he is not nearly as dynamic as guys like PG and Kawhi.

I think PG will be absolutely fine come playoff time, our team is stacked and just needs him to play at his level come playoff time, not carry the team. He's not gonna be the primary focus of the other team's defense.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Presti Maximizing Return on Investments 

Post#107 » by Ranma » Mon Jul 8, 2019 9:12 pm

donemilio21 wrote:- On July 20, 2007, Seattle (OKC) acquired 2008 and 2010 first-round draft picks and Kurt Thomas from Phoenix in exchange for a 2009 second-round draft pick.[28] Seattle used the pick to draft Serge Ibaka.
- On Jun 24 2016 Ibaka got traded to Orlando (ORL) from Oklahoma City (OKC) for Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and Domantas Sabonis
- On July 6 2017 OKC traded for Paul George by seding Oladipo and Sabonis to Indiana.
- On Jul 6 2019 OKC traded George to LA Clippers for 2025 1st round pick [right to swap] , 2024 1st round pick [unprotected LAC pick] , 2023 1st round pick [right to swap] , 2023 1st round pick [top-14 protected MIA pick] , 2022 1st round pick [unprotected LAC pick] , 2021 1st round pick [unprotected MIA pick] , Danilo Gallinari, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and 2026 1st round pick [unprotected LAC pick

That 2009 2nd round pick turned into six 1st round picks :o

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#108 » by esqtvd » Mon Jul 8, 2019 9:25 pm

Read on Twitter

looks like a big deal until you unpack it

Paul George GREAT
⬇️
SGA GOOD
Gallo EXPIRING
2021 MIA 1st (unprotected) MAYBE GOOD BUT MAYBE NOT EVEN A LOTTERY PICK
2022 LAC 1st (unprotected) LATE, MEH
2023 Heat 1st (lotto protected) MID-TO-LATE, OK-TO-MEH
2023 LAC pick swap WILL NOT HAPPEN
2024 Clips first (unprotected) LATE, MEH
2025 LAC pick swap WILL NOT HAPPEN
2026 LAC 1st (unprotected) MAYBE GOOD IF CLIPS SUCK BY THEN

Totals:

1 GOOD
2 MAYBE GOODs
1 OK-TO-MEH
2 MEHS
2 WNHs
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,744

Post#109 » by madmaxmedia » Mon Jul 8, 2019 10:00 pm

We are lucky to have a FO that accumulated enough picks and assets to make such a trade and still have a deep roster. I understand we gave up 3 of our 1st rounders to make it happen, but as esqtvd states only the 2026 pick realistically has a chance to be good.

I think Shamet is easily worth 2 of those 1st rounders. He was the rare exception of a late 1st round impact player, and would have gone much higher in a re-draft. SGA is obviously the key asset and it's kind of amazing that even he was only a #11 pick, which does go to show you can draft a gem outside of the top 5 picks. But also, we didn't have to give up #2, #2, #4 like the Lakers did which represented 3 years of rebuilding.

It was still a haul to give up because of the quantity, but the situation absolutely demanded it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#110 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jul 8, 2019 10:37 pm

Have we talked about this man's two shoulder surgeries?

Is he even going to be on the floor opening night?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,426

Post#111 » by TrueLAfan » Mon Jul 8, 2019 11:40 pm

We’ve got 6 players under 26 on our roster—these are their ages at the beginning of the 2019/20 season:

Harrell (25), Zubac (22), Shamet (22), Robinson (22), Kabengele (22), Mann (23)

Three of those are starters or major rotation players, the other two were just drafted or got drafted last year. We’ve got five other players under 30 on our roster:

Green (29), George (29), Leonard (28), Harkless (26). McGruder (28)

…all starters or top rotation players. And we’ve got a total of two senior citizens on our roster

Pat Beverley (31), Lou Williams (33)

To put it charitably—that’s about 11-13 rotation players on our roster. And we are so deep it kind of amazes me. We may not think of it this way, but we are still young. Our five starters (Beverley, Sham, Leonard, PG, Zubac) average 26.4 years of age. Our five primary bench players—Harkless, Harrell, Lou, Green, and McGruder—average 28.2 years. That’s our 10 man rotation that will play the vast majority of our minutes. We are not an old team. Not by a long, long shot.

And that means we can maximize our draft money for the remaining spots. According to the CBA, veteran minimum salaries go up through year 10—but the amount counted against the cap stops at year two. In other words, we want two or three vets that will get paid around $5.2-$7.7 million in salary … but only count around $3.2-$4.8 million against the cap.

So I’m going with either Luol Deng or Joakim Noah (or both) along with Devin Harris or Jeremy Lin (or both).

Starters

Zubac
PG
Kawhi
Shamet
Beverley

High rotation

Lou
Trezz
Green
Harkless
McGruder/Robinson

Low Rotation/Bench

McGruder/Robinson
Harris
Kabengele
Deng
Mann

That is a championship level team.

So, to answer

Quake Griffin wrote:Have we talked about this man's two shoulder surgeries?

Is he even going to be on the floor opening night?

with those pickups is to say that Mo Harkless steps into the starting lineup, and Luol Deng plays 20-25 mpg for a month. Like he did last year. In the last 15 games Luol Deng played last year after January 22, he put up:

22.5 mpg, 8.6 ppg, 4 rpg, 1.1 apg, .510 FG%, .361 3p%, .750 FT%, 0.5 blk, 0.6 stl

These were games in a row—nine away games, six home games. The team went 7-8, basically matching their record in other games. And this was in a period of turmoil, after players he was coming in for had been traded and hurt. Now--can he do that for a whole season? Seriously doubt it. But could he do it for 9-12 games at the beginning of the year, while PG was working his way back into game shape? I think—well, he did it after Jimmy Butler was traded and Robert Covington went down. So, yeah. Could he play a spot 8-10 minutes every other game or three after that? I think yeah.

Harkless is also going to be our load management guy for both Kawhi and PG. He’s going to be a 15-20 mpg player when they‘re both playing, but a 30-35 mpg player in the other 20-25 games. PG has played 2850 minutes per season in his six healthy seasons since 2013. I doubt he'll play 2500 minutes for us. 15% more rest = more time to recover and less wear and tear. Man, what a smart, smart pickup Harkless is.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,426

Post#112 » by TrueLAfan » Mon Jul 8, 2019 11:57 pm

And, yeah ... I'll post this too to expand on what actually happens with players that get drafted where our picks are probably going to end up.

Just for fun, I thought I’d try and come up with an estimate of what type of players our traded picks were likely to garner. We always things like “mortgaging the future!” and “a boatload of future draft picks!” But what does that really mean? Where are the picks we traded likely to end up? And, historically, what players have been drafted at those positions?

So I decided to guess where each pick would end up. Will it be exactly right? Hell no. Will it be close? Maybe? Probably? I dunno. But let’s just see and see how those picks would have played out since 2000. Here’s what I figure—and I think I’m being very conservative

Miami 2021 (Unprotected). This is the “crown jewel” pick. Except … well, Miami has Butler now, and Bam Adebayo, and Goran Dragic and Justice Winslow. They are—well, not that bad. (And then there’s the Russell Westbrook whispers … ) Here’s the deal; in the last 20 years, the Heat have had two seasons with less than 36 wins. I think they’ll probably be a low playoff team in 2020-21. But, for this, I have them missing the playoffs and being in the lottery with a #10 pick.

Clippers 2022 (Unprotected). This is where we have to be thoughtful and realistic. Does anyone think we’ll *miss* the playoffs in 2021-22? Realistically … no. I mean, it’s possible—but (very, very) unlikely. Will we be a championship level team? I think, given our FO and our current players the odds are much greater the answer is yes. But, for this, I have the Clippers being a very good team and drafting at #24.

Miami 2023 (Lottery Protected). This will probably end up going down the road and maybe even flipping to a second round pick. But, for this, I am going to say that Miami *just* makes the playoffs, and therefore has a high non-lottery pick at #16.

Clippers 2024 (Unprotected). Kind of like 2022. I am assuming the Clippers have slipped a little and are drafting at #22. This is commensurate with about a 50 win team. I think this is a fair guess.

Clippers 2026 (Unprotected). We could be a trainwreck by 2026. Or, we could have spent the money from PG and Kawhi Leonard on new, young stars and be great. For this, I’m assuming close to the worst. We’re not good. We’re not terrible, like some of the Sterling Clippers teams, but we’re more like a 32-35 win team. That has us drafting at #11.

Two low lottery picks, a high non-lottery pick, and two picks in the 20s. I think that’s a reasonable guess. So … what sort of players, historically, would that mean? Well, if you start with the #10 pick in 2000, and add the #24 pick in 2001, the #16 pick in 2002, the #22 pick in 2003 and the #11 pick in 2005, you get

2000 - Keyon Dooling, Raul Lopez, Jiri Welsch, Zoran Planinic, Fran Vasquez

Okay—ouch. That was bad. And I’m sure you may think I planned it that way. I didn’t. If you go through the next 14 drafts, some very good and a couple of elite players get picked up at these spots. Here are the next drafts with starting year

2001 - Joe Johnson, Nenad Krstic, Troy Bell, Viktor Khryapa, J.J. Redick
2002 - Caron Butler, Brian Cook, Kirk Snuder, Jarrett Jack, Acie Law
2003 – Jarvis Hayes, Delonte West, Joey Graham, Marcus Williams, Jerryd Bayless
2004 – Luke Jackson, Luther Head, Rodney Carney, Jared Dudley, Terrence Williams
2005 – Andrew Bynum, Kyle Lowry, Nick Young, Courtney Lee, Cole Aldrich
2006 – Mouhamed Sene, Rudy Fernandez, Marreese Speights, Victor Claver, Klay Thompson
2007 – Spencer Hawes, Serge Ibaka, James Johnson, Elliot Williams, Meyers Leonard
2008 – Brook Lopez, Byron Mullens, Luke Babbitt, Kenneth Faried, Michael Carter-Williams
2009 – Paul George, Damion James, Nikola Vucevic, Fab Melo, Doug McDermott
2010 – Jimmer Fredette, Reggie Jackson, Royce White, Mason Plumlee, Myles Turner
2011 – Austin Rivers, Jared Cunningham, Lucas Nogueira, Jordan Adams, Domantas Sabonis
2012 – C.J. McCollum, Tim Hardaway, Jusuf Nurkic, Bobby Portis, Malik Monk
2013 – Elfrid Payton, Shabazz Napier, Terry Rozier, Malachi Richardson, Shai Gilgeous Alexander

So, the team that started drafting in 2012 is a power house. They made out like bandits. 2001 is a good group. The 2009 group is good— because it’s anchored by Paul George. 2005 is “what if?” thing because of Bynum.

But, seriously. Most of the groups are mediocre to garbage. Some of have a great player like Klay Thompson … surrounded by garbage. Some have one good player and a couple of meh players. That’s 14 years worth of picks, and you get one very good and two good groupings. 3 out of 14 is not odds you want to go to Vegas with.

And, look … there’s no cherry picking a certain draft number because it’s good or bad. I tried to make this random. There are very good and great players here … Joe Johnson, Caron Butler, Kyle Lowry, Klay Thompson, Serge Ibaka, Paul George, Nikola Vucevic, Myles Turner, Domantas Sabonis, C. J. McCollum, Jusuf Nurkic. I didn’t seriously look into it, but I’m willing to bet that choosing five realistic picks—say one in top 8-11 from year one, one in the 10-13 range from year six, one in the top 14-18 in year three, and two in the low to mid 20s in years two and four ... You can find a certain year with certain picks and go—“Wow!” But if you keep those same picks and look how it went in the other years—not so good. The value isn’t there.

So, yeah. Unless you’re regularly getting picks in the top 7 … or really, the top 5, the value of draft picks is more for what you deal them for than anything else. Essentially, we’re betting on ourselves not to suck so bad that we’re giving up top 7 picks. I think with our current FO and lineup that’s a good bet.
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#113 » by Forte IV » Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:03 am

Still in awe that this happened. I still remember how mad we all were when we didn't draft PG
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Post#114 » by illastrate » Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:18 am

Forte IV wrote:Still in awe that this happened. I still remember how mad we all were when we didn't draft PG

PG and Hayward were there for the taking....and we took Aminu. :lol:

And BTW, I Like Aminu.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#115 » by esqtvd » Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:19 am

TrueLAfan wrote:And, yeah ... I'll post this too to expand on what actually happens with players that get drafted where our picks are probably going to end up.

Just for fun, I thought I’d try and come up with an estimate of what type of players our traded picks were likely to garner. We always things like “mortgaging the future!” and “a boatload of future draft picks!” But what does that really mean? Where are the picks we traded likely to end up? And, historically, what players have been drafted at those positions?

So I decided to guess where each pick would end up. Will it be exactly right? Hell no. Will it be close? Maybe? Probably? I dunno. But let’s just see and see how those picks would have played out since 2000. Here’s what I figure—and I think I’m being very conservative

Miami 2021 (Unprotected). This is the “crown jewel” pick. Except … well, Miami has Butler now, and Bam Adebayo, and Goran Dragic and Justice Winslow. They are—well, not that bad. (And then there’s the Russell Westbrook whispers … ) Here’s the deal; in the last 20 years, the Heat have had two seasons with less than 36 wins. I think they’ll probably be a low playoff team in 2020-21. But, for this, I have them missing the playoffs and being in the lottery with a #10 pick.

Clippers 2022 (Unprotected). This is where we have to be thoughtful and realistic. Does anyone think we’ll *miss* the playoffs in 2021-22? Realistically … no. I mean, it’s possible—but (very, very) unlikely. Will we be a championship level team? I think, given our FO and our current players the odds are much greater the answer is yes. But, for this, I have the Clippers being a very good team and drafting at #24.

Miami 2023 (Lottery Protected). This will probably end up going down the road and maybe even flipping to a second round pick. But, for this, I am going to say that Miami *just* makes the playoffs, and therefore has a high non-lottery pick at #16.

Clippers 2024 (Unprotected). Kind of like 2022. I am assuming the Clippers have slipped a little and are drafting at #22. This is commensurate with about a 50 win team. I think this is a fair guess.

Clippers 2026 (Unprotected). We could be a trainwreck by 2026. Or, we could have spent the money from PG and Kawhi Leonard on new, young stars and be great. For this, I’m assuming close to the worst. We’re not good. We’re not terrible, like some of the Sterling Clippers teams, but we’re more like a 32-35 win team. That has us drafting at #11.

Two low lottery picks, a high non-lottery pick, and two picks in the 20s. I think that’s a reasonable guess. So … what sort of players, historically, would that mean? Well, if you start with the #10 pick in 2000, and add the #24 pick in 2001, the #16 pick in 2002, the #22 pick in 2003 and the #11 pick in 2005, you get

2000 - Keyon Dooling, Raul Lopez, Jiri Welsch, Zoran Planinic, Fran Vasquez

Okay—ouch. That was bad. And I’m sure you may think I planned it that way. I didn’t. If you go through the next 14 drafts, some very good and a couple of elite players get picked up at these spots. Here are the next drafts with starting year

2001 - Joe Johnson, Nenad Krstic, Troy Bell, Viktor Khryapa, J.J. Redick
2002 - Caron Butler, Brian Cook, Kirk Snuder, Jarrett Jack, Acie Law
2003 – Jarvis Hayes, Delonte West, Joey Graham, Marcus Williams, Jerryd Bayless
2004 – Luke Jackson, Luther Head, Rodney Carney, Jared Dudley, Terrence Williams
2005 – Andrew Bynum, Kyle Lowry, Nick Young, Courtney Lee, Cole Aldrich
2006 – Mouhamed Sene, Rudy Fernandez, Marreese Speights, Victor Claver, Klay Thompson
2007 – Spencer Hawes, Serge Ibaka, James Johnson, Elliot Williams, Meyers Leonard
2008 – Brook Lopez, Byron Mullens, Luke Babbitt, Kenneth Faried, Michael Carter-Williams
2009 – Paul George, Damion James, Nikola Vucevic, Fab Melo, Doug McDermott
2010 – Jimmer Fredette, Reggie Jackson, Royce White, Mason Plumlee, Myles Turner
2011 – Austin Rivers, Jared Cunningham, Lucas Nogueira, Jordan Adams, Domantas Sabonis
2012 – C.J. McCollum, Tim Hardaway, Jusuf Nurkic, Bobby Portis, Malik Monk
2013 – Elfrid Payton, Shabazz Napier, Terry Rozier, Malachi Richardson, Shai Gilgeous Alexander

So, the team that started drafting in 2012 is a power house. They made out like bandits. 2001 is a good group. The 2009 group is good— because it’s anchored by Paul George. 2005 is “what if?” thing because of Bynum.

But, seriously. Most of the groups are mediocre to garbage. Some of have a great player like Klay Thompson … surrounded by garbage. Some have one good player and a couple of meh players. That’s 14 years worth of picks, and you get one very good and two good groupings. 3 out of 14 is not odds you want to go to Vegas with.

And, look … there’s no cherry picking a certain draft number because it’s good or bad. I tried to make this random. There are very good and great players here … Joe Johnson, Caron Butler, Kyle Lowry, Klay Thompson, Serge Ibaka, Paul George, Nikola Vucevic, Myles Turner, Domantas Sabonis, C. J. McCollum, Jusuf Nurkic. I didn’t seriously look into it, but I’m willing to bet that choosing five realistic picks—say one in top 8-11 from year one, one in the 10-13 range from year six, one in the top 14-18 in year three, and two in the low to mid 20s in years two and four ... You can find a certain year with certain picks and go—“Wow!” But if you keep those same picks and look how it went in the other years—not so good. The value isn’t there.

So, yeah. Unless you’re regularly getting picks in the top 7 … or really, the top 5, the value of draft picks is more for what you deal them for than anything else. Essentially, we’re betting on ourselves not to suck so bad that we’re giving up top 7 picks. I think with our current FO and lineup that’s a good bet.

Well done, True, something I've been looking at for the past couple years. All first-round picks are not created equal.

At the worst here, you pretty much traded for Paul George at the cost of Shai, Vucevic and...Paul George.

At best, you got PG for Shai and an undisclosed amount of trash, which is much more likely how it all turns out.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#116 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:39 am

Forte IV wrote:Still in awe that this happened. I still remember how mad we all were when we didn't draft PG

I know I was furious. Here was a guy who grew up a Clipper fan, was practically begging us to draft him, and Olshey picked some guy I had never even heard of instead. It was like Dunleavy drafting Korolev instead of Danny Granger all over again, but it felt even worse.

Although Aminu did eventually become a decent player, which is more than can be said for Korolev. And Olshey wasn't as infuriatingly smug about Aminu as Dunleavy was about Korolev.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#117 » by mkwest » Tue Jul 9, 2019 5:18 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Kawhi Leonard and Paul George pull off ultimate power move

According to sources, since George, Westbrook and the Thunder suffered a disappointing first-round exit in the playoffs in April, Westbrook has been quietly grumbling about the team’s struggles and may want out. George, meanwhile, beat him to the punch. George asked his agent, Aaron Mintz, to tell Thunder general manager Sam Presti not only that was he requesting a trade but also that he wanted to join forces with Leonard, sources said.

Mintz worked with a stunned Presti to find a fair solution for both sides, a source said. The Thunder then engaged in talks with the Clippers and Raptors, the two teams Leonard was open to playing for. (A source told The Undefeated early last week that there was “no way” Leonard was going to sign as a free agent with James, Davis and the Lakers despite speculation they were the front-runners.)

“You can’t blame a guy for wanting to go home,” Raptors coach Nick Nurse told reporters at summer league on Saturday. “That’s what he texted me today, ‘I’m going home.’ And I just said, ‘You’ve changed a lot of lives by what you’ve accomplished in Toronto, mine especially.’ ”

Marc J. Spears, The Undefeated
Ranma
RealGM

If Only... 

Post#118 » by Ranma » Tue Jul 9, 2019 11:45 am

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Re: If Only... 

Post#119 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:40 pm

Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Well, our front office with Jerry West and Lee Jenkins, the Player Whisperer, did NOT call Kawhi’s “bluff,” so I will just flat out disagree with this.

#IWantShaiOnThisRoster
Ranma
RealGM

Power Play in Game of Thrones 

Post#120 » by Ranma » Tue Jul 9, 2019 5:21 pm

Return to Los Angeles Clippers