ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

LondonCeltics
Senior
And1: 502

Re: Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#61 » by LondonCeltics » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:33 am

I love how y'all trying to twist Kyrie's antics this season to perhaps assuage underlying concern you may have.

On Real GM at least, nearly every C's fan slated Rozier all year long for an absolutely trash season.

If Kyrie has matured and learnt from his mistakes in Boston then you'll do well. If not....
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#62 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:35 am

LondonCeltics wrote:I love how y'all trying to twist Kyrie's antics this season to perhaps assuage underlying concern you may have.

On Real GM at least, nearly every C's fan slated Rozier all year long for an absolutely trash season.

If Kyrie has matured and learnt from his mistakes in Boston then you'll do well. If not....

There are a number of us who do believe that Kyrie was not entirely blameless. Maturity is most often measured and valued during times of adversity. Even if the younger players were causing problems, he should've carried himself better.

There was some irony in him apparently leaving Cleveland because LBJ continually "sonned" him, but then when he was in Boston, he referred to the younger players as young guys (although comparatively, Kyrie was older when LBJ came than Tatum and Brown were when Kyrie joined the team).

IMO, Kyrie needs to be open to growth. He's a phenomenal scorer and closer, but I still think he can grow as a floor general. Kenny can teach him that. Although he resists the desire to ISO better now than he did earlier in his career, I still think he does it a bit too often.

The NBA season is long. I want him to rely more on his teammates, pick his spots, and get the proper amount of rest so he can be as fresh as reasonably possible for the end of the season and playoffs.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#63 » by Paradise » Mon Jul 8, 2019 11:13 pm

Read on Twitter
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#64 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 8, 2019 11:19 pm

LondonCeltics wrote:I love how y'all trying to twist Kyrie's antics this season to perhaps assuage underlying concern you may have.

There was no mistake... Kyrie was traded to a team he didnt want to go to. he had a bunch of young kids who didnt accept their roles who thought they were entitled to bigger roles because of winning 2 playoff rounds. Kyrie called them out... they responded poorly, kyrie responded poorly. it was toxic.

Kyrie is now coming to the team he has always wanted to play for, on a team with humble hard working players who dont only accept their role but welcome tough lough and embrace demotions as part of the process (see levert bneched, spencer pulled in crunch time and role jerked back and forth, allen bench, RHJ benched, kurucs starting then benched, etc...)

Kyrie + where hew ands to play + humble young kids + great culture = career years.

if i was a celtic fan id be more worried that my GM brough in 2 more shoot first players to a team that already had young kids complaning they didnt have enough shots. that and going from being deep with defense to having no depth and horrible defense
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#65 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Jul 8, 2019 11:45 pm

The saltiness from Celtics fans about losing Kyrie is unmatched.

Remember when Jason Kidd faked a migraine and demanded a trade out of here all while poisoning the season?

We didn't go to Mavericks fans and complain all day about how terrible he was.

I'm sorry Kyrie didn't like Boston and didn't want to stay in that toxic culture.

You know what the difference is?

Kyrie WANTS to be in Brooklyn. He never wanted to be in Boston. It wasn't even on his trade list. And his teammates all recruited him and want him to be here.

Celtics players openly hated Kyrie.

Stop trying to act like our situation is like yours. Its not. Enjoy overpaying Kemba! Thanks for stopping by.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,565

Post#66 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 9, 2019 1:35 am

Lots of salty, angry fans in Boston and New York this summer.

They know what is going to happen to their teams and they are scared **** less.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#67 » by kamaze » Tue Jul 9, 2019 5:44 am

Read on Twitter
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
LondonCeltics
Senior
And1: 502

Post#68 » by LondonCeltics » Tue Jul 9, 2019 8:37 am

Hmmm. I don’t know if you could call us salty when we all wanted him the hell out of Boston in the end.

As for him never wanting to be in Boston from the outset then how would that explain his public declaration to resign and all the rubbish about wanting to get his number retired (quite ridiculous in hindsight now to think he could ever have been immortalised by the most winning franchise and be in the same category as Russell, Bird etc).

I love your optimism if nothing else.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#69 » by Prokorov » Tue Jul 9, 2019 9:58 am

LondonCeltics wrote:Hmmm. I don’t know if you could call us salty when we all wanted him the hell out of Boston in the end.

This sentence in itself sounds salty.

As for him never wanting to be in Boston from the outset then how would that explain his public declaration to resign and all the rubbish about wanting to get his number retired (quite ridiculous in hindsight now to think he could ever have been immortalised by the most winning franchise and be in the same category as Russell, Bird etc).

lip service. its easier to go back on a promise then to say your leaving at the end of the year and deal with questions the entire time. again, i know this to be 100% accurate on first hand account and have said as much since day 1.

Boston can't help but drag players through the mud upon exit unless it is on their terms. we saw it with Ray Allen, a guy who gave his heart and soul and helped win a title. We saw it with Rondo. It is going to be a rude awakening when the green teamers realize that while Kyrie didnt handling things well, the systemic issue is a bunch of enittled, ego maniac young players who STILL are going to have to find a way to get shots behind veteran shoot first players (kemba/heyward). Shipping out rozier helped.

Kyrie is coming where he wants to play into an elite culture, unlike the toxic celtics lockerroom. our young players are hardworking, humble, and embrace their role. not enitlted brats who expect things to be given to them and pout like toddlers otherwise. if it was my team, id be THRILLED kyrie called them out/threw them under the bus. just like joe johnson did when he was here.
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#70 » by Aussienet3 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 10:52 am

Paradise wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:I think the media campaign/narrative against him has distracted people from realizing how talented/good he can be. If he stays healthy and buys in, he can produce like a top 10 superstar in our system IMO.

That’s exactly it. He has to buy in.

While I agree with Kyrie that he’s a basketball genius, that’s only with respect to creativity and taking over. You can’t take over all of the time. He needs to learn how to manage a game and pick his spots. That’s what the best of the best are able to do.

I’d rather take my chances with Kyrie trying to learn and figure out our system and culture versus taking that chance with a Russell Westbrook.

The old Nets management would of signed/traded for Westbrook in a heartbeat..
Paradise

Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#71 » by Paradise » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:05 am

Kyrie’s Interview during December...

“I plan on having the Kyrie Irving Invitational at Barclays every year.”

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#72 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:19 pm

Lol dude was telegraphing this the whole time. Wow.

Paradise

Post#73 » by Paradise » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:18 am

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#74 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:57 pm

Look here haters, Irving gets a clean slate here with us.

I think he's weird and has shown that he can be moody but I also heard bad things about D'Angelo Russell too and you know what? None of that was a problem because Sean Marks and Kenny Atkinson have shaped a culture here that is a positive working environment for players where their needs are met both physically and mentally (The Nets identified that Jahlil Okafor was suffering from depression, and sure enough after he left the team he was diagnosed with it). Irving also wanted to be here. So whatever happened in the past stays there, and what happens now and over the next few years is what matters.

Kyrie Irving is in the best place possible for himself as a basketball player, and as a human being. The Nets don't treat players like crap like other organizations nor do they play favorites.

Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,175

Post#75 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:41 pm

^^ Yup

And he'll have players on the team he can talk to and relate to. It seems weird how that didn't happen in Boston. I defer to Prok having a heads up on how the team culture/identity was lacking.

Him, Dinwiddie, Levert... I'd love to sit in on some of those 1 on 1s at the end of practices.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#76 » by 3pt_chucker » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:24 pm

These looks hard. Will def cop one.

Read on Twitter
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#77 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:40 am

3pt_chucker wrote:These looks hard. Will def cop one.

Read on Twitter

Kyrie 5 black/white nylon is a top 10 shoe. i like some of the colorways above the 5 nylon in BW has a BK vibe

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#78 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:53 pm

Read on Twitter

when are we getting the BKN Camo Kyrie sneakers?

3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#79 » by 3pt_chucker » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:08 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

when are we getting the BKN Camo Kyrie sneakers?

No idea but probably not for another few months... say in the fall after the season's starts
Codeblack
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#80 » by Codeblack » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:38 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Return to Brooklyn Nets