Around the League

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,786

Re: Around the League 

Post#2081 » by DBC10 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:08 am

Snakebites wrote:
DBC10 wrote:From a garbage fire of a team after Billy King's catastrophe, to overhauling the entire FO and ownership group, rebuilding through taking on contracts and assets here and there. To now getting both KD and Kyrie. The Nets are a dream scenario for majority of the teams out there.

Granted they're still in NY, which is a huge draw, since it's America's city. But still, it's commendable what they've done.

It really wasn’t long ago that I said “hey, at least we’re not the Nets”.

There’s still totally a chance it blows up in their faces. Those aren’t the safest signings and I have doubts that Durant/Kyrie/DAJ is a championship core.

But it’s damn sure an amazing improvement.

Let me remind you, it was only 3 years ago! That's an insane turnaround, considering how rock bottom they were, it was arguably the worst situation before Marks came in. I think they had Thad Young as their only youngish talent with no draft picks?

But yes, a good chance that it may implode, but they haven't gave up any picks like Billy King has done, so I think it will be fine.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#2082 » by MotownMadness » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:15 pm

DBC10 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
DBC10 wrote:From a garbage fire of a team after Billy King's catastrophe, to overhauling the entire FO and ownership group, rebuilding through taking on contracts and assets here and there. To now getting both KD and Kyrie. The Nets are a dream scenario for majority of the teams out there.

Granted they're still in NY, which is a huge draw, since it's America's city. But still, it's commendable what they've done.

It really wasn’t long ago that I said “hey, at least we’re not the Nets”.

There’s still totally a chance it blows up in their faces. Those aren’t the safest signings and I have doubts that Durant/Kyrie/DAJ is a championship core.

But it’s damn sure an amazing improvement.

Let me remind you, it was only 3 years ago! That's an insane turnaround, considering how rock bottom they were, it was arguably the worst situation before Marks came in. I think they had Thad Young as their only youngish talent with no draft picks?

But yes, a good chance that it may implode, but they haven't gave up any picks like Billy King has done, so I think it will be fine.

NBA changes so much on a year basis. It’s why I hate when people talk about teams having no future. What’s a future in the NBA? A couple seasons?

Of course you can keep making the same mistakes like we have and repeat the cycle screwing yourselves
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,261

Post#2083 » by Neptune » Wed Jul 3, 2019 6:07 pm

I got a crazy feeling that Kawhi's going to Houston.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#2084 » by MotownMadness » Wed Jul 3, 2019 7:02 pm

Neptune wrote:I got a crazy feeling that Kawhi's going to Houston.

I don’t think they could find a taker to take on that CP3 contract to get it done. They gotta be in cap hell at this point, right?
Neptune
Starter

Post#2085 » by Neptune » Wed Jul 3, 2019 8:17 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
Neptune wrote:I got a crazy feeling that Kawhi's going to Houston.

I don’t think they could find a taker to take on that CP3 contract to get it done. They gotta be in cap hell at this point, right?

A couple of weeks ago the Rockets said they have a trade in place for Capella and Gordon. Those two combined could provide enough space for a sign and trade for Leonard. I got a feeling it's going to happen man. The Rockets have done nothing in the off-season!
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#2086 » by El Chivo » Wed Jul 3, 2019 8:31 pm

Omg Phoenix
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#2087 » by Pharaoh » Fri Jul 5, 2019 12:51 am

Read back a little bit:

From all I've read the dudes who signed with the Kings all have partial guarantees on the final year.

Smart move if you can swing it

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#2088 » by chrbal » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:40 am

Dwight Howard just got dealt to the grizzlies to be bought out, how sad is this now? Drummond needs to step up his game
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#2089 » by MotownMadness » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:44 am

chrbal wrote:Dwight Howard just got dealt to the grizzlies to be bought out, how sad is this now? Drummond needs to step up his game

Dwight is worn down and not on Drummond’s level at all anymore, agree he needs to step it up though
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,665

Post#2090 » by Invictus88 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:04 am

And there it is. Toronto gets a ring and then Kawhi bolts to LA as expected. But the Clippers! This season is going to be fun to watch :)
Neptune
Starter

Post#2091 » by Neptune » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:16 am

If the Thunder trades Westbrook next we need to offer Kennard, 4 picks and Sekeo!
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#2092 » by Pharaoh » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:27 am

PG13 & Kawhi v AD & Lebron in LA

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#2093 » by jakebernat » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:35 am

the nba offseason is the best in sports.
TurboTitan
Starter
And1: 1,936

Post#2094 » by TurboTitan » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:47 am

Neptune wrote:If the Thunder trades Westbrook next we need to offer Kennard, 4 picks and Sekeo!

I would stop watching basketball. He is toxic
“We don't see ourselves as All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.” ~SHEED
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,217

Post#2095 » by vege » Sat Jul 6, 2019 8:59 am

So, Toronto is a terrible team now. They've lost Kawhi and Green. I mean, it was worth for them, they got a tittle, they'd never have a chance to win it, they got really lucky with GSW injuries, but now they're done for a while.

The West going to be insane. LAL/LAC/Denver/Utah/GSW are all title contenders imo.

Is Philly better with Horford insted of Butler?
Is Miami any good at all?
Toronto is bad.
Milwaukee got worse, but they're still a nightmare matchup for us.
Brooklyn and Orlando are good but not great imo.
Boston are a lot worse without Al Horford, they'll be better with Kemba instead of Kyrie but they're a worse team.

If we stay health and the team gel, we could realistic be a top 3 team in the east.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,848

Post#2096 » by tmorgan » Tue Jul 9, 2019 1:35 am

Disagree a bit there, vege.

Philly and Milwaukee are the top 2, clearly, no argument there.
Boston is going to be good. Kyrie is a major distraction, Kemba is not. Yes, the bigs are weak, but that can be rectified.
Toronto is also good. Unless they full tank and trade Lowry and Gasol, that's a very talented team, Kawhi or not.
Brooklyn I question, because Kyrie. And no Durant yet. Still, lots of youngish quality players.
Miami and Orlando I can't call yet, and Indiana is still out there.

Can't see us getting higher than 5th.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,607

Post#2097 » by Snakebites » Tue Jul 9, 2019 2:18 am

tmorgan wrote:Disagree a bit there, vege.

Philly and Milwaukee are the top 2, clearly, no argument there.
Boston is going to be good. Kyrie is a major distraction, Kemba is not. Yes, the bigs are weak, but that can be rectified.
Toronto is also good. Unless they full tank and trade Lowry and Gasol, that's a very talented team, Kawhi or not.
Brooklyn I question, because Kyrie. And no Durant yet. Still, lots of youngish quality players.
Miami and Orlando I can't call yet, and Indiana is still out there.

Can't see us getting higher than 5th.

Siakam is gonna be good next year...
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#2098 » by El Chivo » Tue Jul 9, 2019 7:39 am

vege wrote:So, Toronto is a terrible team now. They've lost Kawhi and Green. I mean, it was worth for them, they got a tittle, they'd never have a chance to win it, they got really lucky with GSW injuries, but now they're done for a while.

The West going to be insane. LAL/LAC/Denver/Utah/GSW are all title contenders imo.

Toronto is bad.
Boston are a lot worse without Al Horford, they'll be better with Kemba instead of Kyrie but they're a worse team.

If we stay health and the team gel, we could realistic be a top 3 team in the east.

Toronto is still a top5 in eastern conference.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,442

Post#2099 » by Canadafan » Tue Jul 9, 2019 5:26 pm

^^^^I dunno. Losing Kawhi and Green. That's big. They're poop lol. Gasol and ibaka old. Lowry and freddy gonna be eating all their French fries and letting themselves go. Just dont see them being any good. Teams can zero in on Siakam
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,786

Post#2100 » by DBC10 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 6:00 pm

El Chivo wrote:
vege wrote:So, Toronto is a terrible team now. They've lost Kawhi and Green. I mean, it was worth for them, they got a tittle, they'd never have a chance to win it, they got really lucky with GSW injuries, but now they're done for a while.

Toronto is bad.

Toronto is still a top5 in eastern conference.

I don't know about top 5 as a lock, they have gaping holes in SG and SF. Well, in comparison to what they had before if that makes sense.

But then again, the East got way worse too. Too many players went to the West.

Return to Detroit Pistons