2019 Draft Class - Part 2

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,180

Re: 2019 Draft Class - Part 2 

Post#221 » by clyde21 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 5:42 pm

fyi, Hayes' career high at Texas in scoring was 19, shattered that in his first game last night
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#222 » by Stillwater » Tue Jul 9, 2019 6:59 pm

nolang1 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
I said he's the 2nd best prospect in this draft and obviously you don't draft players based on what they'll do their rookie season alone, so no need to spew out more word salad to try defending some take you obviously put zero thought into. Even if I were dumb enough to consider Hayes #2 based solely on the impact I thought he'd make this coming season (even though he just turned 19, is still skinny, hasn't been playing at a high level for that long, etc.), since when would being the 2nd-best rookie equate to being an all-star? There hasn't even been one rookie named to an all-star team since Blake Griffin, who was 21 rather than 19.

Also as far as the jumper goes, Hayes was a 75% free throw shooter in college and last night looked pretty comfortable taking a couple 18-20 foot jumpers that just rimmed out, so A) odds are the 'cant hit the broad side of a tank' comment will end up looking pretty dumb and B) obviously any kind of shooting/perimeter skills are a bonus from a player whose absolute ceiling was thought to be Tyson Chandler or Clint Capela.

I'm glad you cleared that up :lol:

Apparently it needed clearing up for you to somehow manufacture 'thinks he's an all-star already' out of what I actually said. Or that from the start you were saying (and have continued to say) that you thought Alexander-Walker was a 'better player' while ignoring that Hayes is obviously younger with more upside. Both quite indicative of you not understanding this very simple concept.

NAW on the other hand has high upside that is more realistically achievable plus will transfer pretty quickly and as is stands there as the 2nd best player they drafted even if Jaxson changes that in 4 years

This sentence, once translated from 'third-grader,' directly contradicts your very next post where you attempt to laugh off the idea that the player who will be best at his peak is the best prospect as if it's something simple that you understood all along.

You have done an excellent job of missing the point...
Claiming Hayes is the 2nd best player in the draft is ludicrous , saying he could become the 2nd best player in the draft suggesting you see him as the 2nd best prospect in the draft however is reasonable provided over the course of several years he actually develops an NBA level game besides rim running and shot blocking.

Please stop trying to pretend you have knowledge that I don't possess.
The fact you ignore the point that NAW ability as a player right now is head and shoulders better than Hayes is laughable, & basically what I read is you are trying to twist my words to imply I meant NAW is the better long term prospect which is ignorant..
even though I did imply NAW has a much higher floor and an easier road to high level success in a shorter timeframe and I wouldn't put it past him to be one of the top 3 guards from this class in a couple years... Hayes would have to fail to improve though in that scenario... as he certainly possess' the physical frame/athleticism etc to become even more than NAW...even though the odds are never good
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
clyde21
RealGM

Post#223 » by clyde21 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 8:53 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
RipCity71252
Pro Prospect
And1: 194

Post#224 » by RipCity71252 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 9:04 pm

Tyler Herro is good...shocker.

Has had a couple bad moments on D--particularly in transition--but the kid is so clearly going to be a versatile offensive weapon. And has enough competitiveness and instincts to provide some value as a team defender.

Really like the fit in Miami too so I hope he's not involved in a potential Russ deal.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#225 » by clyde21 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 9:27 pm

he's a legit 4 level scorer who is starting to showcase real ability to run offense...his potential as an offensive player is star level.
RipCity71252
Pro Prospect
And1: 194

Post#226 » by RipCity71252 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 9:59 pm

clyde21 wrote:he's a legit 4 level scorer who is starting to showcase real ability to run offense...his potential as an offensive player is star level.

Yeah I think he has +2 / +3 ORPM type potential.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#227 » by Roddy B for 3 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 11:48 pm

clyde21 wrote:he's a legit 4 level scorer who is starting to showcase real ability to run offense...his potential as an offensive player is star level.

He's running that offense against SL players. Let's wait until he goes up against Beverly, Rubio, Conley, Delon Wright, Chris Paul, Oladipo, Jaylen Brown, Bledsoe, Dejonte Murray, etc. every night.

"Star potential" showing in summer league is what people said about Anthony Randolph.

Summer league is not where stars are made.

Herro has been extremely impressive by SL standards. That dosen't make him a star.
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
clyde21
RealGM

Post#228 » by clyde21 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:19 am

Read on Twitter
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,765

Post#229 » by Upperclass » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:55 am

Herro is going to look so bad against NBA guards
Eskobar13
Starter
And1: 1,325

Post#230 » by Eskobar13 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:49 am

Upperclass wrote:Herro is going to look so bad against NBA guards

Overall I don't think so. But if they trust him with playmaking and handling the ball like he has here? Boy oh boy, it's not going to be pretty.
Eskobar13
Starter
And1: 1,325

Post#231 » by Eskobar13 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:34 am

I mean, this is just him breathing and caught at the wrong moment... right? :o
FelixD
Sophomore
And1: 328

Post#232 » by FelixD » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:25 pm

Zion looks so fat. His ankles will be broken at 23 years old
clyde21
RealGM

Post#233 » by clyde21 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:23 pm

:lol:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#234 » by Stillwater » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:39 pm

clyde21 wrote:

I don't weigh much by SL performances myself, but I agree with you he is going to be a solid pro.
I do however think the other poster has a point given there is a "possibility" Herro will need to get stronger before he can be impactful
clyde21
RealGM

Post#235 » by clyde21 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:40 pm

Stillwater wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

I don't weigh much by SL performances myself, but I agree with you he is going to be a solid pro.
I do however think the other poster has a point given there is a "possibility" Herro will need to get stronger before he can be impactful

yes, he's not a finished product by any means.

is that your point? :-?
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#236 » by Stillwater » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:45 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

yes, he's not a finished product by any means.

is that your point? :-?

That's the point...not my point specifically.

I mean I don't have any more confidence in any standout from SL than I did before it, and would actually be more concerned as a fan of a org that drafted somebody if that player choked in SL.
So Herro is looking good, and just might take the league by storm as is... but the odds are he will be a solid rookie and nothing more until he develops physically to match his elite skill level
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#237 » by Hoopz Afrik » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:54 pm

Why do you think that? Just curious.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#238 » by nolang1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:04 pm

Stillwater wrote:
nolang1 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:I'm glad you cleared that up :lol:

Apparently it needed clearing up for you to somehow manufacture 'thinks he's an all-star already' out of what I actually said. Or that from the start you were saying (and have continued to say) that you thought Alexander-Walker was a 'better player' while ignoring that Hayes is obviously younger with more upside. Both quite indicative of you not understanding this very simple concept.

NAW on the other hand has high upside that is more realistically achievable plus will transfer pretty quickly and as is stands there as the 2nd best player they drafted even if Jaxson changes that in 4 years

This sentence, once translated from 'third-grader,' directly contradicts your very next post where you attempt to laugh off the idea that the player who will be best at his peak is the best prospect as if it's something simple that you understood all along.

Claiming Hayes is the 2nd best player in the draft is ludicrous , saying he could become the 2nd best player in the draft suggesting you see him as the 2nd best prospect in the draft however is reasonable provided over the course of several years he actually develops an NBA level game besides rim running and shot blocking.

The fact you ignore the point that NAW ability as a player right now is head and shoulders better than Hayes is laughable, & basically what I read is you are trying to twist my words to imply I meant NAW is the better long term prospect which is ignorant..
even though I did imply NAW has a much higher floor and an easier road to high level success in a shorter timeframe and I wouldn't put it past him to be one of the top 3 guards from this class in a couple years... Hayes would have to fail to improve though in that scenario... as he certainly possess' the physical frame/athleticism etc to become even more than NAW...even though the odds are never good

Here's the post you were initially responding to, bud.

If this is now the thread to prematurely brag about things that confirm what you thought a couple weeks ago, Jaxson Hayes has 11 points, 3 rebounds, 3 blocks, and the dunk of the summer league in the first 9 minutes of his debut. I think the Pelicans have the 2 best prospects from this draft.

Aside from the 3rd-grade writing/reading comprehension on display constantly, it really speaks to how you just toss out some word salad without putting any real thought into it if you can simultaneously be like "he has DPOY upside but eh he's decent value at #8 don't get too excited" as if there are 7 future all-NBA players coming out of this weak draft.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#239 » by Stillwater » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:05 pm

nolang1 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
nolang1 wrote:

Here's the post you were initially responding to, bud.

If this is now the thread to prematurely brag about things that confirm what you thought a couple weeks ago, Jaxson Hayes has 11 points, 3 rebounds, 3 blocks, and the dunk of the summer league in the first 9 minutes of his debut. I think the Pelicans have the 2 best prospects from this draft.

Aside from the 3rd-grade writing/reading comprehension on display constantly, it really speaks to how you just toss out some word salad without putting any real thought into it if you can simultaneously be like "he has DPOY upside but eh he's decent value at #8 don't get too excited" as if there are 7 future all-NBA players coming out of this weak draft.

You did fine when you pointed out the word prospect in your original post which I didn't catch at the time, but then you follow it up with the 3rd grade insults etc.
Yeah my Daddy didn't hold my hand through prep school and my English is 2nd language so GFYS
clyde21
RealGM

Post#240 » by clyde21 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:13 pm

if Thybulle continues to hit 3s like has in SL, that's a monster coup for Philly.

Return to NBA Draft