Pacers agree to S&T for Malcolm Brogdon

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Re: Pacers agree to S&T for Malcolm Brogdon 

Post#101 » by Boneman2 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 10:07 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Boneman2 wrote:Do you think they prefer our 2nd thinking it’ll be a higher pick?

Don't know. Who knows if they just took the picks that Simon offered them right away or if they demanded certain picks. Hard to say in such a unique situation. Mostly, I just don't get why it was a 1st AND 2 2nds. I get the 1st. I don't think the 2 2nds would've held up the deal if they were willing to let Brogdon go that simply.

Yeah the 2nds are basically pawns.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#102 » by Pacers_Freak » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:00 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Boneman2 wrote:Do you think they prefer our 2nd thinking it’ll be a higher pick?

Don't know. Who knows if they just took the picks that Simon offered them right away or if they demanded certain picks. Hard to say in such a unique situation. Mostly, I just don't get why it was a 1st AND 2 2nds. I get the 1st. I don't think the 2 2nds would've held up the deal if they were willing to let Brogdon go that simply.

Certainly get and agree with your point. Regardless of how the negotiations went the seconds are a small price to pay to get your guy. Can buy into the 2nd round if you feel it is needed.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,060

Post#103 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:10 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Certainly get and agree with your point. Regardless of how the negotiations went the seconds are a small price to pay to get your guy. Can buy into the 2nd round if you feel it is needed.

Yeah, but it’s an owner who would be spending that money to buy in and the picks would cost $1.5-3m each, so it’s as if he paid out of pocket a bonus of $3-6m to Milwaukee. Just, the whole thing is a bit odd to have an owner who’s normally hands off get involved like this.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#104 » by Pacers_Freak » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:19 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Yeah, but it’s an owner who would be spending that money to buy in and the picks would cost $1.5-3m each, so it’s as if he paid out of pocket a bonus of $3-6m to Milwaukee. Just, the whole thing is a bit odd to have an owner who’s normally hands off get involved like this.

I didn't illustrate my point well. More so than talking about buying picks I was more so showing how unimportant I think 2nd rounders are. We know we typically don't buy picks or spend extra money so I'm guessing that was Pritchard's motivation in acquiring the additional 2nd rounders in this draft. 2nds to me are just shots in the dark.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#105 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:16 pm

10 Sneaky-Good NBA Offseason Additions

Malcolm Brogdon, Indiana Pacers

It's difficult to classify a player who earned a guaranteed $85 million contract as underrated, but Malcolm Brogdon qualifies as just that.

Last season, the 2016-17 Rookie of the Year shined with a net rating of 10.7, good for fourth among all guards in the NBA who played 40 games or more. Brogdon became the eighth player in history to join the 50/40/90 club with averages of 50.5/42.6/92.8 percent shooting from the field, three and the free-throw line, respectively, putting him in the company of Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, Larry Bird, Mark Price, Dirk Nowitzki, Reggie Miller and Steve Nash.

Brogdon was also one of the NBA's most efficient isolation scorers, posting a 94th-percentile value of 1.463, per BBall Index, which should help ease the burden of Victor Oladipo and Myles Turner.

The Indiana Pacers will become much more dynamic offensively with him, and he should form one of the more dangerous backcourts in the NBA alongside Oladipo.
Bleacher Report
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,497

Post#106 » by old skool » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:29 am

The problem with Brogdan is that he spends so much time off the court. He misses a lot of games and when he does play, he plays limited minutes. He has never averaged 30 minutes per game in his short NBA career.

Brogdan is a talented steady performer when he is on the court. He will win some games for the Pacers. He is a far cry from a front line player like Khris Middleton.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Indiana Pacers