ImageImage

Around the NBA 10

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

bravor
Starter
And1: 733

Re: Around the NBA 10 

Post#1921 » by bravor » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:29 pm

Everyone is burrying the warriors quite fast. Hopefully they have no major injuries and let everyone know they are not done yet. At least for next season.
Clippers are impressive on the paper though. The Eastern conference should be more open than ever, i dont buy the move Philly has done, and teams should be more balanced. Which is a good thing for the Hornets tanking strategy, they won't have to fight hard to get a - hopefully more if a contender loses a key player and trade a 1st for one of Hornets's expiring - loterry pick.
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Post#1922 » by BlackOutBuzz » Mon Jul 8, 2019 12:55 am

Read on Twitter

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hornets Picks by Year
2021: Bouknight, Jones, Thor, Lewis

Protection on future 1st* (to NYK); 2nds
2022: 1-18; CHA (31-55), TOR 2 (55-60)
2023: 1-16; BOS (GH)
2024: 1-14; BOS (GH)
2025: 1-14; CHA (31-55)
*Becomes two 2nds if unconveyed
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,509

Post#1923 » by LofJ » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:15 am

Mitch's 2nd round guys are getting paid next year.

Zubac - $7 million
Gasol - $26 million
Nance - $13 million
Beverley - $12 million
hotrod
Veteran
And1: 150

Post#1924 » by hotrod » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:50 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Presti laying waste to everything that is in his path.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,339

Post#1925 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:55 pm

LofJ wrote:Mitch's 2nd round guys are getting paid next year.

Zubac - $7 million
Gasol - $26 million
Nance - $13 million
Beverley - $12 million

He's a legit GM. That's a great track record. His other picks have been great as well. Russell and Randle got huge contracts.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,339

Post#1926 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Jul 8, 2019 4:02 pm

Presti can still get assets for Gallinari, Adams and Westbrook.

He's poised to become a lottery team that owns 6 first rounders from other teams and counting. Talk about an aggressive rebuild. He saw what the Pels got for AD and he's capitalizing on it, knowing OKC peaked.

Westbrook wants out.
It has been written...
hotrod
Veteran

Post#1927 » by hotrod » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:51 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
hotrod
Veteran

Post#1928 » by hotrod » Mon Jul 8, 2019 6:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
JDuaneWayne
Senior
And1: 115

Post#1929 » by JDuaneWayne » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:26 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:

Zubac - $7 million
Gasol - $26 million
Nance - $13 million
Beverley - $12 million

He's a legit GM. That's a great track record. His other picks have been great as well. Russell and Randle got huge contracts.

What?! This dude laid waste to one of the most sought after FA destinations in the league and just completely botched the handling of an All-NBA player, nevermind overpaying Rozier and making some of the dumbest comment this NBA off-season. He has no clue
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,509

Post#1930 » by LofJ » Mon Jul 8, 2019 9:11 pm

It isn't fair to blame the ineptness of the Buss children on Kupchak. I also lay the blame for Kemba at MJ's feet.

Mitch has an eye for drafting talent, that's a fact. It's probably the best thing this franchise has going for it. And when it comes to this team you have to hold onto hope where you can find it.

Kupchak having a solid draft record is why I'm not totally despondent about the team potentially rebuilding. We as fans just have to hope that MJ won't interfere and screw it up.
vexco
Pro Prospect
And1: 178

Post#1931 » by vexco » Tue Jul 9, 2019 2:52 am

JDuaneWayne wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

Zubac - $7 million
Gasol - $26 million
Nance - $13 million
Beverley - $12 million

What?! This dude laid waste to one of the most sought after FA destinations in the league and just completely botched the handling of an All-NBA player, nevermind overpaying Rozier and making some of the dumbest comment this NBA off-season. He has no clue

Kupchak made the proper decision to let Kemba walk instead of paying him the max.
mapquest me
JDuaneWayne
Senior

Post#1932 » by JDuaneWayne » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:15 am

vexco wrote:
JDuaneWayne wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

Kupchak made the proper decision to let Kemba walk instead of paying him the max.

You can't turn that around and say he made the proper decision. He knew MJ wasn't going to pay the tax, if he didn't he's not doing his job and planning ahead. He didn't make any moves to get salary low enough to at least offer the 5/$190M. He didn't trade Kemba to get any value out of his bargain contract. Dude mishandled or misread the situation at least 3x.

Plus everybody is clowning us for the Howard trade, it was a short sighted move to save some money in the short term.
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#1933 » by catch20two » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:47 am

They didn’t trade Kemba at the deadline because of the ASG being Charlotte and because they thought they could creep into the playoffs. I believe the front office was okay with letting Kemba walk to avoid that exceeding luxury tax and receive less blowback on their reputation if Kemba chose another team rather than them trading him away dishonorably.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
Q C
Rookie
And1: 1,558

Post#1934 » by Q C » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:02 am

I don't think trading Kemba at the deadline would have got us someone as talented as Rozier tbh

I'm glad we have him and not Fultz like some people here wanted last year for Kemba
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#1935 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:41 am

Q C wrote:I don't think trading Kemba at the deadline would have got us someone as talented as Rozier tbh

I'm glad we have him and not Fultz like some people here wanted last year for Kemba

I want to second both of these statements.

Really don't think that the team is going to tank in the early going. They may pivot to that if things go poorly. But tanking isn't going to be plan A.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
vexco
Pro Prospect
And1: 178

Post#1936 » by vexco » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:25 am

JDuaneWayne wrote:
vexco wrote:
JDuaneWayne wrote:

You can't turn that around and say he made the proper decision. He knew MJ wasn't going to pay the tax, if he didn't he's not doing his job and planning ahead. He didn't make any moves to get salary low enough to at least offer the 5/$190M. He didn't trade Kemba to get any value out of his bargain contract. Dude mishandled or misread the situation at least 3x.

Plus everybody is clowning us for the Howard trade, it was a short sighted move to save some money in the short term.

I mean, I can turn around and say he made the proper decision...because he did. Kemba wasn't worth the max to a team that isn't competing(us). ASG meant a trade wasn't happening. Them's the breaks and Kupchak has proven to be a good GM in his career.
mapquest me
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,733

Post#1937 » by Diop » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:33 am

vexco wrote:
JDuaneWayne wrote:
vexco wrote:

I mean, I can turn around and say he made the proper decision...because he did. Kemba wasn't worth the max to a team that isn't competing(us). ASG meant a trade wasn't happening. Them's the breaks and Kupchak has proven to be a good GM in his career.

This is my take as well, tough call, brave one knowing it won’t be popular but I think it’s the right one
JDuaneWayne
Senior

Post#1938 » by JDuaneWayne » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:22 pm

vexco wrote:
JDuaneWayne wrote:
vexco wrote:

When? This dude fell into one of the luckiest and weirdest trades in NBA history and got a few championships from it. Otherwise he hasn't been very good. Go look up a detailed timeline of his tenure in LA. He has actually made the Hornets worse, impossible as it seems.
JDuaneWayne
Senior

Post#1939 » by JDuaneWayne » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:26 pm

The ASG excuse for handling Kemba really has no basis and is a tired if not stupid argument. You could have traded Kemba and rolled out the red carpet for him and gave him a huge thank you and basically made the weekend about him. This is what they will do the first Boston comes to town so I don't really see any difference.
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#1940 » by catch20two » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:07 pm

I told you guys that Kemba was gone around December about two months into the season. It just made no sense for him to return to Charlotte unless no other team showed interest.

It sound appealing to think Kupchak should’ve flipped Kemba for something of value at the deadline but in reality there weren’t really any playoff contending teams that were willing to trade much for Kemba. Most if not all playoff contending teams had at least an above average starting PG that they were content with enough not to mortgage their future for a 2-3 month rental of Kemba before he hit free agency and chose to go elsewhere.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)

Return to Charlotte Hornets