esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Re: If Only... 

Post#121 » by esqtvd » Tue Jul 9, 2019 8:04 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Well, our front office with Jerry West and Lee Jenkins, the Player Whisperer, did NOT call Kawhi’s “bluff,” so I will just flat out disagree with this.

#IWantShaiOnThisRoster

It would also mean that he DID play the Lakers when he asked them for the delay, which screwed them even further, so I agree. I don't think he's that Machiavellian. Seems like a straight shooter to me.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Trade Officially on Hold 

Post#122 » by Ranma » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:26 am

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,225

Re: Clips Acquire Paul George for SGA, Gallo, 5 First-Rounders and 2 Pick Swaps 

Post#123 » by Clemenza » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:02 am

donemilio21 wrote:I honestly think we overpaid, only because I believe Shai will be an all-star in his 3rd year in the league.

We definitely overpaid but we were at at huge disadvantage in knowing we had to secure PG to get Kawhi. Wish we could've kept SGA but oh well.
Ranma
RealGM

Stradivarius Playing Second Fiddle 

Post#124 » by Ranma » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:27 am

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#125 » by Vae Victus » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:45 am

PG13 was beat to **** last year as his body got run down by carrying the Thunder hard. Westy might be in the beginning of his downward career slope and PG13 wanted no part of that.

Fortunately for both him and Kawhi, the Clippers can load manage them 15-20 games next season, due to insane depth. I'm sure JaGreen was also lured back by the promise of starting at least 30 games (maybe upward to 40), letting him put up some solid stats getting starter mins. Harkless and MacGruder is more quality depth, that has started games in their career. JRobinson can hopefully steal some PT by balling out.

I just hope both players dont get butthurt at not being allowed to put up high counting stats. It's in both their interests to play less games but at a maximum level, so their efficiency stats can stay godly, and they can be defensive perimeter aces more often.

Just need another PG to load manage PatBev, and this team is truly complete. Cmon, plz go after Lin *crosses fingers* Lin deserves some good luck after so many injury wrecked years.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#126 » by mkwest » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:06 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#127 » by mttwlsn16 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:06 pm

PG official now too
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#128 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:14 pm

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Frank's Comments on George 

Post#129 » by Ranma » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:17 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#130 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:19 pm

Seems kind of strange that we wouldn't use that extra $3 mil in cap space first before making the trade official. I wonder if we signed somebody and it hasn't been announced yet?
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#131 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:27 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:Seems kind of strange that we wouldn't use that extra $3 mil in cap space first before making the trade official. I wonder if we signed somebody and it hasn't been announced yet?

Well, this explains it:

Read on Twitter
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#132 » by mkwest » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:25 pm

ygtrece Wow @laclippers! Strap up, we home! #YouEverHeardTheSoundOfVelcro
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#133 » by mkwest » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#134 » by Vae Victus » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:33 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:Seems kind of strange that we wouldn't use that extra $3 mil in cap space first before making the trade official. I wonder if we signed somebody and it hasn't been announced yet?

Damnit my Jeremy Lin for 3-4m dream just went up in smoke. Bah.

I guess save a roster spot or two for the inevitable buyouts mid season.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#135 » by esqtvd » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:39 pm

Vae Victus wrote:

Damnit my Jeremy Lin for 3-4m dream just went up in smoke. Bah.

I guess save a roster spot or two for the inevitable buyouts mid season.

the money also went to bargain rookie Terance Mann, who just might win those minutes at PG

https://clipperholics.com/2019/07/10/la-clippers-may-already-backup-point-guard-solutions-terance-mann-jerome-robinson/
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#136 » by mkwest » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:29 am

Landry Shamet speaks on the trade with David Pingalore...

Read on Twitter
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#137 » by mkwest » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:46 am

Landry Shamet Q&A: Landry Shamet: 'Starting on the best team on paper? I felt the weight of it really quickly'

This has been an incredible offseason for the Clippers, landing Kawhi Leonard and Paul George. How did you get that news and what was your reaction?

LS:
When I got traded, it was 2:30 in the morning. I was just about to go to sleep and had gotten texts from my agents, George [Langberg] and Happy [Walters]. They both texted me simultaneously. I’m was thinking, “There is no way this is happening.” I knew immediately that’s what happened, that I got traded. So the other night, it was 2:30 in the morning again and I was already asleep. I was asleep and I could hear my phone going off in my sleep – like I knew it was going off, but I didn’t fully wake up. It was blowing up with text messages and phone calls. I had seven missed phone calls from George, my agent. I woke up, rolled over, looked at my phone and saw all of that. I was like, “There is no way! I got traded again?!” (laughs) That was my first thought, knowing that’s what happened last time. But once I called my agent back, he said, “You’re not in the deal.” And then he just kind of filled me in on things. It was mostly just me trying to wake up. It was exciting, for sure, to hear we got those two superstars. My life got that much easier overnight. I know they’re going attract a ton of attention and make plays for themselves, for each other, for the rest of us. It’s going to be really exciting.

A lot of people are saying that you guys are the best team on paper and there are championship expectations.

LS:
There should be championship expectations. There is no reason to think anything else. I kind of felt the expectations immediately, we’re going all-in right now. This is what we’re doing. Knowing that I’ve been starting, assuming that’s still the case, I take that really seriously. Starting on the best team on paper? I take it seriously. I felt the weight of it really quickly, for sure. I’m just excited to get acclimated with that group of guys, move forward and try to accomplish as much as we can.

Kawhi and PG are both coming off amazing seasons. What did you see from those two guys last season as an opponent?

LS:
I know Paul, he hit a game-winner on us in Philly after having 31 points. I’ve seen him get cooking firsthand a couple of times. He did it again in L.A. We beat the Thunder in L.A. when we played them, but he was great then too. I’ve seen both of those guys get going firsthand. The thing that makes them difficult to defend is they make the shots that are considered “bad shots” in the NBA – long, contested twos. You see Kawhi take a lot of them late in the clock. When he’s making those, he’s impossible to guard because he can do everything else – shoot the three, get to the rim. When you do play good defense on him, he settles for that long, contested two and there is nothing you can do. He’s making that. The same thing with Paul. I think he’s underrated in how well he moves without the ball and comes off screens, the things “shooters” do. He is a scorer, but I think he does really well moving and playing without the ball. That fits in with how we play. We play the right way and I think those two are going to make us that much better.

Alex Kennedy, HoopsHype
Ranma
RealGM

Regulating on Home Court 

Post#138 » by Ranma » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:21 am

Read on Twitter
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,407

Post#139 » by Roscoe Sheed » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:09 am

Does anybody know which shoulder was worse in terms of injury? Hopefully not his right one
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#140 » by QRich3 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:21 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:Does anybody know which shoulder was worse in terms of injury? Hopefully not his right one

Repaired labrum tear in his left shoulder, torn rotator cuff in his right. Not too sure which one os worse, but both are pretty bad AFAIK.

For reference, guys who recently had the same rotator cuff surgery (his right shoulder) are: Patty Mills in 2014, Cody Zeller in 2015 and Tyler Johnson in 2016. Guys who had the labrum surgery recently (his left shoulder) are: Dwight Howard in 2013, Kevin Love in 2015, Justise Winslow in 2017, MCW in 2018.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers