bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Re: Jalen Lecque 

Post#22 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 12:55 am

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Seems like a good kid. It is really nice to hear that he worked out for 13-14 teams and just felt at home in Phx...of course I think he used that word family, but that is still a good thing I think.

It's funny he said he was in the locker room during the earthquake and the coach grabbed the wall and he'd never been in an earthquake so he thought it was the stadium and that maybe Zion was doing something out on the court.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#23 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Jul 9, 2019 4:44 am

He can jump

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#24 » by TASTIC » Tue Jul 9, 2019 8:09 pm

Shoot first point guard with athleticism - could be a Lou Will type guy eventually/hopefully. He definitely has the body control and craftiness when driving and maneuvering. Will pump the brakes a bit obviously, he's played ONE summer league game!

Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#25 » by Golanator » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:21 am

Max him out, I’ve seen enough.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#26 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:15 am

Suns Gleague coaches have to be stoked. He seems like a fun prospect to try and develop. Crazy athlete who plays hard and with some swagger.

I think teams should always have a guy like this as the 15th man. Use that last roster spot on a dude who's fine spending the whole year in the G developing. Gives the coaches a focused project and if you hit on guy every 3-5 years it's worth it.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#27 » by ATTL » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:22 am

Read on Twitter
?s=09

8 fta's in 20 minutes.
Let him develop and get older and he could be a contributor in a couple years.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#28 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:58 am

I wish I'm more excited about Lecque. I just can't help but think about Archie
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#29 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:15 am

lilfishi22 wrote:I wish I'm more excited about Lecque. I just can't help but think about Archie
Yeah Archie was a tease because he showed some flashes just couldn't put it together.

Derick Jones Jr was the raw athlete they gave up on too soon. He's turned into a decent player for Miami.

Who knows with lecque but does seem like a project worth some time.

Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#30 » by Crives » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:19 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:I wish I'm more excited about Lecque. I just can't help but think about Archie
Yeah Archie was a tease because he showed some flashes just couldn't put it together.

Derick Jones Jr was the raw athlete they gave up on too soon. He's turned into a decent player for Miami.

Makes me feel better thinking of Archie as the 1st rd pick while Jalen cost us no picks..
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#31 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:56 pm

Crives wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:

Makes me feel better thinking of Archie as the 1st rd pick while Jalen cost us no picks..
It's funny with all the finger waving about trading 2nd round picks if they would have taken Lecque with a 2nd rounder this year my initial reaction would have been 'who is that' but by now after doing some research and seeing him in game action I'd like the selection.

ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#32 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:05 pm

I think he's smarter than Archie, and his shot shows early promise. Hit a 3 and a mid-range J last night. Free throws look good. Archie dove to the rim and that was all he could ever do.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#33 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:46 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:

I think he's smarter than Archie, and his shot shows early promise. Hit a 3 and a mid-range J last night. Free throws look good. Archie dove to the rim and that was all he could ever do.

Let's not forget that Archie shot 8 for 14 from the 3 in his first SL season. There's really no getting around it but Archie was a SL stud. He was efficient, productive, exciting and was the perfect 1 guard if you're not looking to him for playmaking. Not saying you're wrong about your Lecque assessment but I just remember how much more hype Archie got at the time and objectively, he's better than Jalen at the same stage in their career.

Jalen is younger though and didn't benefit from a year on college (which Archie should've probably extended to his soph year) so there's that
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Post#34 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:54 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:

Let's not forget that Archie shot 8 for 14 from the 3 in his first SL season. There's really no getting around it but Archie was a SL stud. He was efficient, productive, exciting and was the perfect 1 guard if you're not looking to him for playmaking. Not saying you're wrong about your Lecque assessment but I just remember how much more hype Archie got at the time and objectively, he's better than Jalen at the same stage in their career.

Jalen is younger though and didn't benefit from a year on college (which Archie should've probably extended to his soph year) so there's that

Yeah, Jalen was 20% from 3. He looks good and is a nice project, but he's got a ways to go. If he doesn't get very far in his first year I won't be ready to cut him by next year or anything though, especially since he's cheap and we have his rights for 4 years with options on the last two.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#35 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:42 pm

Not that you can ever know what path would have worked better because you can only take one but Lecque is an interesting test case on if a raw player is better developing in a pro environment vs had he went to NC State for a year or two. I think he fits the mold that a pro path might be better because he's at least physically ready to play against grown men. So being able to spend more time developing his game with pro coaches might be more beneficial than trying to be a student athlete in a program that's main focus is winning college games with individual player development secondary.

The whole thing is interesting because we're not too far away from the 1 and done being over and more guys taking this path leading up to that change.

jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#36 » by jcsunsfan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:19 pm

This kid needs to spend a LOT of time in GLeague.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,415

Post#37 » by NapoleonII » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:27 pm

I like the baby Westbrook nick name.

Dude's got a ton of tools that will translate if he puts in the work.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#38 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:15 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:This kid needs to spend a LOT of time in GLeague.
I think the plan is for him to spend the whole year there.

TheLogician
Sixth Man
And1: 1,532

Post#39 » by TheLogician » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:56 pm

Love this kid. He's too good to keep off the 15 man roster.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,053

Post#40 » by SlovenianDragon » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:59 pm

TheLogician wrote:Love this kid. He's too good to keep off the 15 man roster.

That's not the point tho he would just rot at the end of the bench... For sure we are going to develop him in the g-league so he gets gametime

Return to Phoenix Suns