RealGM
And1: 35,863

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#161 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:32 am

Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
make it less obvious

POLL: who will have higher attendance next year knicks or nets?

Nah I'm on shaky ground after the Kevin Durant avatar thing so I have to tread lightly

Yea don't even bother, these Mods are super sensitive and will have a fit about the least bit of tension it's annoying with them.

I was just happy that I hurt some feelings with that thing man. Fragile ass Knicks fans amuse me
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#162 » by DarkXaero » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:01 am

Reading a bit more into it, it looks like there are whispers of KD possibly being able to return next season, because the injury may not be as severe as originally thought. Is that possible? Are there different degrees to ruptured achilles? I thought it was a full rupture too.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#163 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:52 am

DarkXaero wrote:Reading a bit more into it, it looks like there are whispers of KD possibly being able to return next season, because the injury may not be as severe as originally thought. Is that possible? Are there different degrees to ruptured achilles? I thought it was a full rupture too.

It’s not severity. It’s typically an 8-10 month injury. That would have him returning in March. I expect a minute restricted final month of the regular season, and then close to a normal load in the playoffs.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#164 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:21 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:And the fact that Durant CHOSE us without even meeting Sean Marks first is insane. WTF is happening here!!?

Marks probably just said that so he don't get hit with tampering lol

I need me one of those coogie KD jerseys and I'm hoping to go to at least 5 games a year from here on out.
Well I will believe it that Sean and the FO wasn't talking. They are too smart to risk that. But you best believe players (Spencer?) was talking.

Think about it.

We were 2M short of fitting Durant and Kyrie, and as soon as FA was about to open, it was already WOJ bombed that Jordan is already coming.

Which means, the financials (the unlikely to be earned bonus to lower initial cap space) had to already been discussed, because without that, we would have had to trade guys to get those three in...and at 10M for Jordan, you're talking Joe Harris.

There were definitely discussions in back channels being made likely through Yormark and Roc

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#165 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:44 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:And the fact that Durant CHOSE us without even meeting Sean Marks first is insane. WTF is happening here!!?

Marks probably just said that so he don't get hit with tampering lol

I need me one of those coogie KD jerseys and I'm hoping to go to at least 5 games a year from here on out.
Well I will believe it that Sean and the FO wasn't talking. They are too smart to risk that. But you best believe players (Spencer?) was talking.

Think about it.

We were 2M short of fitting Durant and Kyrie, and as soon as FA was about to open, it was already WOJ bombed that Jordan is already coming.

Which means, the financials (the unlikely to be earned bonus to lower initial cap space) had to already been discussed, because without that, we would have had to trade guys to get those three in...and at 10M for Jordan, you're talking Joe Harris.

There were definitely discussions in back channels being made likely through Yormark and Roc

Yep. Back channel talks all the way. People hate Yormark but I doubt this doesn't get done without him being involved somehow.

SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#166 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:14 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Marks probably just said that so he don't get hit with tampering lol

Think about it.

Yep. Back channel talks all the way. People hate Yormark but I doubt this doesn't get done without him being involved somehow.
Nothing to see here, just brothers having lunch...

twosevenstreet
Senior
And1: 168

Post#167 » by twosevenstreet » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:50 pm

Wargreymon wrote:That's odd where are all the Nets fans? Kinda quiet for a Woj bomb of this magnitude

Shock
Spread Em and Dead em.
-Sad DLO is gone
-Allen will become LobCity DJ
-Kyrie will be top 3 for MVP if we get to 50+ wins, he will average 27ppg, 7apg, shooting 50-40-90
twosevenstreet
Senior
And1: 168

Post#168 » by twosevenstreet » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:52 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Reading a bit more into it, it looks like there are whispers of KD possibly being able to return next season, because the injury may not be as severe as originally thought. Is that possible? Are there different degrees to ruptured achilles? I thought it was a full rupture too.

It’s not severity. It’s typically an 8-10 month injury. That would have him returning in March. I expect a minute restricted final month of the regular season, and then close to a normal load in the playoffs.

I could see a minutes restriction even in the playoffs, imagine KD coming off the bench for a team that will likely get the 4 seed without him. 20 minutes from KD could get us to the finals
Spread Em and Dead em.
-Sad DLO is gone
-Allen will become LobCity DJ
-Kyrie will be top 3 for MVP if we get to 50+ wins, he will average 27ppg, 7apg, shooting 50-40-90
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#169 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:30 pm

Read on Twitter

KD forced GS to send a 1st rounder along with him.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#170 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:11 pm

KD must really be pissed at GS if he did that. Wow. I'm hoping they do well enough to convey that first rounder so we can another asset for use in the next offseason

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#171 » by wco81 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:20 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:KD must really be pissed at GS if he did that. Wow. I'm hoping they do well enough to convey that first rounder so we can another asset for use in the next offseason

Probably goes back to Draymond saying "we don't need you" so he wanted to leave the team in as difficult a position as possible.

If they don't do the sign and trade, Nets would have renounced DLo pretty much for cap space right?

Warriors wouldn't have been able to sign him as a free agent because they didn't have cap space.

Anyways, KD didn't do one of those IG posts thanking the Warriors fans as other players who left teams have done.

But Warriors are taking the high road, talking about retiring his jersey. Most fans aren't bitter, wish him well, thank him for 3 great seasons.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#172 » by DarkXaero » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:22 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:

If it's not severity, then how can someone say that it's not as serious as originally thought?
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#173 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:28 pm

The pick is top 20 protected, right?

I think there's a chance we wind up with it. I don't think the Warriors fall that far off. DLo and WCS are very solid additions.

Or maybe Marks decides to flip the pick in a deal for another star player and we don't have this conversation at all.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#174 » by MGrand15 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:06 pm

KD got them D'Lo and did the Warriors a HUGE favor. They would've been stuck going after someone like Marcus Morris for the MLE to round out their roster. A heavily protected 1st and a tiny salary dump to help us sign DJ is nothing. It would've been weirder if we just handed them DLo for nothing.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#175 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:15 am

wco81 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:KD must really be pissed at GS if he did that. Wow. I'm hoping they do well enough to convey that first rounder so we can another asset for use in the next offseason

Probably goes back to Draymond saying "we don't need you" so he wanted to leave the team in as difficult a position as possible.

If they don't do the sign and trade, Nets would have renounced DLo pretty much for cap space right?

Warriors wouldn't have been able to sign him as a free agent because they didn't have cap space.

Anyways, KD didn't do one of those IG posts thanking the Warriors fans as other players who left teams have done.

But Warriors are taking the high road, talking about retiring his jersey. Most fans aren't bitter, wish him well, thank him for 3 great seasons.

Yeah DLo did a thank you post for us, the feeling is mutual about how we feel about him.

I think it doesn't have to do with the fans, but the team's management and Green's behavior. I think when the full story comes out we're going to hear some things that may be uncomfortable for Warrior fans. That stuff with Green to me was an inexcusable event. Stuff like that would never be tolerated over here in BKN.

Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#176 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:14 pm

Funny to see the thread MDB made about still being legit without KD had to get closed.

Just comical that we had to take trash talk for years AND had to accept it because it was the truth, and now when we try to gloat on our own space it gets shut down? Crybaby RealGMers reporting it? wtf.

We have KD and Kyrie and they chose us. The truth hurts too much for some folks.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#177 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:47 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:Funny to see the thread MDB made about still being legit without KD had to get closed.

Just comical that we had to take trash talk for years AND had to accept it because it was the truth, and now when we try to gloat on our own space it gets shut down? Crybaby RealGMers reporting it? wtf.

We have KD and Kyrie and they chose us. The truth hurts too much for some folks.

Nah man its cool, Rich and Nyce probably shut it down to keep it from causing trouble. I'm on thin ice as it is so anything to save me from causing my own demise I appreciate it, I want to be here to raise hell all year long for the Nets :lol:

But I made that thread because I know these haters are on here lurking and getting MAD AF right now at all of this. THEY KNOW what's coming. That's why I had to put it out there that the Nets are going to beat Boston and New York's asses without KD, and GOD HELP THEM when KD comes back.

DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#178 » by DarkXaero » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:49 pm

According to NI, it's very unlikely that we'll get an introduction press conference for our big signings (which is odd to me). But if that's the case, then it's going to be a very long wait of nothing till media day/training camp.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#179 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:42 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Nah I'm on shaky ground after the Kevin Durant avatar thing so I have to tread lightly

Yea don't even bother, these Mods are super sensitive and will have a fit about the least bit of tension it's annoying with them.

I was just happy that I hurt some feelings with that thing man. Fragile ass Knicks fans amuse me

Add fragile celtics fans to that

i got a 1 day suspension for what they said was "trolling" when all i did was point out exactly what was going on with their team beyond kyrie and how our situation is different

its going to be a rude awakening when they realize the systemic issues went beyond kyrie (Brown-heyward fued runs deep)
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#180 » by SpeedyG » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:24 pm

DarkXaero wrote:According to NI, it's very unlikely that we'll get an introduction press conference for our big signings (which is odd to me). But if that's the case, then it's going to be a very long wait of nothing till media day/training camp.
As much as I want to hear these guys talk, it may also be strategy. Marks et al might be wanting to keep the attention down on these guys. If the reason Kyrie and KD liked us is because their focus on basketball, then so be it.

I would like to see Kyrie and KD make the trip to China for team chemistry though. Even if they don't play.

Return to Brooklyn Nets