ImageImageImageImageImage

OT IT Chapter 2

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,285

OT IT Chapter 2 

Post#1 » by RHODEY » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:31 am

What do you think of this trailer?

waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Re: OT IT Chapter 2 

Post#2 » by waya » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:05 am

My most anticipated movie of the year, but I'm biased as it's one of my favorite books and I loved the first movie
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#3 » by br7knicks » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:12 am

can't **** wait. the original movie series was scary for it's time, i'm sure. but this most recent one was great. i'm sure this one will be awesome as well
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#4 » by j4remi » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:23 pm

Man, you got me hype thinking it was coming out sooner. I'm really excited for this one. The original scared the hell out of me as a kid, but looking back on it I mostly remembered the first movie. Besides the old woman scene, most of the second part was a straight drop off imo. This time around, that second part looks like it might be a step up from the first which was already high quality.

Just to throw it in, we are in a renaissance of horror movies. The reboots have actually reached a point of being solid to good from Halloween to Child's Play and I'm beyond excited for the Jordan Peele produced Candyman Movie. Chris Rock is taking on a Saw reboot too. Comedians are good horror fam, the idea of misdirection permeates crafting a great joke and also a great scare. We also have Midsomar that just dropped and that I still have to watch. We're also getting sequels to Zombie Land and the criminally slept on 47 Meters Down. The Marvel Cinematic universe is taking a stab at horror with New Mutants. Then Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark a classic of young horror literature is coming into film form.

Lastly, the sequel to the Shining, Doctor Sleep is coming out this year yall. I never read the book but horror heads have told me it actually holds up well as a follow up to the classic novel. I'm anticipating it more than anything else dropping this year.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
waya
RealGM

Post#5 » by waya » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:11 pm

j4remi wrote: We also have Midsomar that just dropped and that I still have to watch.

Just watched it yesterday, its a trip but it felt like they could've shaved 10-20 minutes from it tbh. Didn't like it as much as the director's first film (Hereditary) but it was cool.

j4remi wrote: Then Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark a classic of young horror literature is coming into film form.

Saw the trailer for this and got hyped at first thinking Del Toro was directing :lol: Still looks good though.

j4remi wrote:Lastly, the sequel to the Shining, Doctor Sleep is coming out this year yall. I never read the book but horror heads have told me it actually holds up well as a follow up to the classic novel. I'm anticipating it more than anything else dropping this year.

I read Doctor Sleep a year or two ago and enjoyed it although I'll admit trying to take that subject matter and successfully adapt it for the big screen seems like an ambitious prospect to me. Especially since they seem to be leaning into the "Shining" tie-ins a lot more than the book did, which is inviting lofty expectations. I have confidence in the director, Mike Flanagan though (he did a good job with Geralds Game and I remember liking Oculus. Haunting of Hill House was great and probably had the most production value for a Netflix original outside of their flagship shows. Felt like a 10 episode long movie, very stylish and slick directing). Also Ewan Mcgregor taking the role has gotta be a good sign I suppose
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#6 » by j4remi » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:30 pm

waya wrote:
j4remi wrote: We also have Midsomar that just dropped and that I still have to watch.

Just watched it yesterday, its a trip but it felt like they could've shaved 10-20 minutes from it tbh. Didn't like it as much as the director's first film (Hereditary) but it was cool.

j4remi wrote: Then Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark a classic of young horror literature is coming into film form.

Saw the trailer for this and got hyped at first thinking Del Toro was directing :lol: Still looks good though.

j4remi wrote:Lastly, the sequel to the Shining, Doctor Sleep is coming out this year yall. I never read the book but horror heads have told me it actually holds up well as a follow up to the classic novel. I'm anticipating it more than anything else dropping this year.

I read Doctor Sleep a year or two ago and enjoyed it although I'll admit trying to take that subject matter and successfully adapt it for the big screen seems like an ambitious prospect to me. Especially since they seem to be leaning into the "Shining" tie-ins a lot more than the book did, which is inviting lofty expectations. I have confidence in the director, Mike Flanagan though (he did a good job with Geralds Game and I remember liking Oculus. Haunting of Hill House was great and probably had the most production value for a Netflix original outside of their flagship shows. Felt like a 10 episode long movie, very stylish and slick directing). Also Ewan Mcgregor taking the role has gotta be a good sign I suppose

I was skeptical until I saw his name attached too. He handled Haunting of Hill House so well and Gerald's Game is another example of a tough to adapt piece too. I didn't realize he made Oculus, I didn't love it at first but the scares and plot are among the more memorable of the past decade imo which is powerful since I watch so much horror. Aster, Flanagan, Wan and now Peele are the cats I see bringing this whole horror genre forward (plenty of other contributors but they're the certain auteurs in my book). Oz Perkins is the other one I'd say keep an eye out for.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Starks
Veteran
And1: 408

Post#7 » by Starks » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:19 pm

Damn for a sec I thought Isiah Thomas was coming back. Don't scare me like that man
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#8 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:44 pm

1 of the movies I’m most looking forward to this year

if it were me, there ain’t no way in hell I would ever go back there again to face some big headed supernatural clown...nah son, I’m good...matter of fact, you’d never catch me within a 100 mile radius of the place
frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Post#9 » by frogfood » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:36 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:1 of the movies I’m most looking forward to this year

if it were me, there ain’t no way in hell I would ever go back there again to face some big headed supernatural clown...nah son, I’m good...matter of fact, you’d never catch me within a 100 mile radius of the place

Those kids seen things. I always got a kick out of the scene where Pennywise's 20 foot head pops out of the projector and attacks the kids, who, mere seconds later shrug it off and go "let's go ride our bikes down by the river!"
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#10 » by RHODEY » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:40 pm

j4remi wrote:Man, you got me hype thinking it was coming out sooner. I'm really excited for this one. The original scared the hell out of me as a kid, but looking back on it I mostly remembered the first movie. Besides the old woman scene, most of the second part was a straight drop off imo. This time around, that second part looks like it might be a step up from the first which was already high quality.

Just to throw it in, we are in a renaissance of horror movies. The reboots have actually reached a point of being solid to good from Halloween to Child's Play and I'm beyond excited for the Jordan Peele produced Candyman Movie. Chris Rock is taking on a Saw reboot too. Comedians are good horror fam, the idea of misdirection permeates crafting a great joke and also a great scare. We also have Midsomar that just dropped and that I still have to watch. We're also getting sequels to Zombie Land and the criminally slept on 47 Meters Down. The Marvel Cinematic universe is taking a stab at horror with New Mutants. Then Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark a classic of young horror literature is coming into film form.

Lastly, the sequel to the Shining, Doctor Sleep is coming out this year yall. I never read the book but horror heads have told me it actually holds up well as a follow up to the classic novel. I'm anticipating it more than anything else dropping this year.

Wait what? Man Shining is like in my top 3 of all Horror films and I've seen a bunch...Not sure how that can top the first...Jack Nicholson and Stanly Kubrik knocked that out of the park.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#11 » by RHODEY » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:44 pm

waya wrote:My most anticipated movie of the year, but I'm biased as it's one of my favorite books and I loved the first movie

I haven't seenthe chapter one Movie. I remember the TV movieg as a kid...That version of Pennywise just seem scarier facially to me. what do you guys think?

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#12 » by j4remi » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:26 pm

RHODEY wrote:Wait what? Man Shining is like in my top 3 of all Horror films and I've seen a bunch...Not sure how that can top the first...Jack Nicholson and Stanly Kubrik knocked that out of the park.

It's ambitious as all hell to take on for sure fam. I'm just hoping it can come close because the Shining is such a classic. But the good news is the team behind it is really strong. If anyone could pull it off, it's these guys.

RHODEY wrote:I haven't seenthe chapter one Movie. I remember the TV movieg as a kid...That version of Pennywise just seem scarier facially to me. what do you guys think?

I was skeptical but once I saw him in action it wound up working surprisingly well. The look combined with how he voiced the character and emotes makes for a really menacing character. There is this one scene though that had half my theater laughing bc it looked ridiculous, the rest was on the money.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#13 » by malik959 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:50 pm

YESSSSSSS! THIS IS A MUST WATCH!!!!!!!
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#14 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:14 pm

i'm ready
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#15 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:30 pm

j4remi wrote:
RHODEY wrote:Wait what? Man Shining is like in my top 3 of all Horror films and I've seen a bunch...Not sure how that can top the first...Jack Nicholson and Stanly Kubrik knocked that out of the park.

It's ambitious as all hell to take on for sure fam. I'm just hoping it can come close because the Shining is such a classic. But the good news is the team behind it is really strong. If anyone could pull it off, it's these guys.

RHODEY wrote:I haven't seenthe chapter one Movie. I remember the TV movieg as a kid...That version of Pennywise just seem scarier facially to me. what do you guys think?

I was skeptical but once I saw him in action it wound up working surprisingly well. The look combined with how he voiced the character and emotes makes for a really menacing character. There is this one scene though that had half my theater laughing bc it looked ridiculous, the rest was on the money.

tim curry pennywise is terrifying. he was perfect in the role. this pennywise is really scary too. i was impressed. his face is soooooo creepy.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#16 » by RHODEY » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:26 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
j4remi wrote:

tim curry pennywise is terrifying. he was perfect in the role. this pennywise is really scary too. i was impressed. his face is soooooo creepy.

Yeah Curry has that John wayne Gacy perv vibe going on , but Ill check out chap 1 when I get the chance.
waya
RealGM

Post#17 » by waya » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:56 am

RHODEY wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
j4remi wrote:

Yeah Curry has that John wayne Gacy perv vibe going on , but Ill check out chap 1 when I get the chance.

I think he gave an entire generation of kids a phobia of clowns (including me). :lol:

Tim Curry was by far the best part of the old mini-series. I loved it as a kid, but was disappointed at how badly its aged. I definitely prefer the new one, and it's not even that scary, really. They just did a fantastic job capturing the childhood comradery that made me love the book. It had a lot of heart, and the child actors were amazing (with the exception of maybe one or two)
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#18 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:38 pm

waya wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

I think he gave an entire generation of kids a phobia of clowns (including me). :lol:

Tim Curry was by far the best part of the old mini-series. I loved it as a kid, but was disappointed at how badly its aged. I definitely prefer the new one, and it's not even that scary, really. They just did a fantastic job capturing the childhood comradery that made me love the book. It had a lot of heart, and the child actors were amazing (with the exception of maybe one or two)

i haven't watched the original since the 90s. i think a lot of that stuff has aged poorly due to technology alone.

i was trying to convince my wife to watch "the matrix" and "independence day." and i realized after catching a bit of both on cable that they are nowhere near as impressive. you kind of had to be there.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#19 » by RHODEY » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:24 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
waya wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

i haven't watched the original since the 90s. i think a lot of that stuff has aged poorly due to technology alone.

i was trying to convince my wife to watch "the matrix" and "independence day." and i realized after catching a bit of both on cable that they are nowhere near as impressive. you kind of had to be there.

I could see that for certain scenes, especially in the sci fi genre. Horror , it can depend. TV IT relied on special effects, so yeah. Otherflicks like "the Shining" age very well IMO
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#20 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:47 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
waya wrote:

I could see that for certain scenes, especially in the sci fi genre. Horror , it can depend. TV IT relied on special effects, so yeah. Otherflicks like "the Shining" age very well IMO

that's it. horror ages well when it doesn't rely too much on dated A/V techniques. the more psychological, the better.

faust and nosferatu are still the scariest movies i done seen.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks