2020 Draft

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

2020 Draft 

Post#1 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:27 pm

Too soon? Not if you want to look at the 2020 draft with 2019 foresight. Here's a video of a 7'1 player named Ibou Diankou Badji from Senegal with a 7'8 wingspan.

Oh, and he's 16 in that video. Stats show he's got a long way to go, but that talent kinda stands out.

Btw, Mo Wagner's little brother Franz, is a freshman small forward to watch at Michigan.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: 2020 Draft 

Post#2 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:33 pm

Already double-posted.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,345

Post#3 » by doclinkin » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:48 pm

HAH! Sure why not. It’s never too early. LETS GO TANKING
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,050

Post#4 » by queridiculo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:35 pm

Ruzious wrote:Too soon? Not if you want to look at the 2020 draft with 2019 foresight. Here's a video of a 7'1 player named Ibou Diankou Badji from Senegal with a 7'8 wingspan.

Oh, and he's 16 in that video. Stats show he's got a long way to go, but that talent kinda stands out.

Btw, Mo Wagner's little brother Franz, is a freshman small forward to watch at Michigan.

Good lord if those measurements are real. This kid can move, and he's 16?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:40 pm

queridiculo wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Too soon? Not if you want to look at the 2020 draft with 2019 foresight. Here's a video of a 7'1 player named Ibou Diankou Badji from Senegal with a 7'8 wingspan.

He was 16 in that video; now 17. My understanding is that he will be eligible for the 2020 draft. Haven't seen him in any mock, but I've only seen a couple 2020 mocks.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#6 » by Dat2U » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:06 pm

With the way the roster is looking a top 7 pick is damn near guaranteed!
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#7 » by Dat2U » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:10 pm

Cole Anthony ... I think he will be solid. I like his skill level and especially his IQ.

Not sure about Wiseman. I need to see more skill from him to buy in.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,303

Post#8 » by nate33 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:51 pm

queridiculo wrote:

And he shows some pretty interesting ball handling skills. He's raw as hell, but he appears to have the innate coordination to be a shot creator, not merely a rim runner.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#9 » by Illmatic12 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:44 pm

Dat2U wrote:Cole Anthony ... I think he will be solid. I like his skill level and especially his IQ.

Not sure about Wiseman. I need to see more skill from him to buy in.

Yeah Cole Anthony is filthy . Will be a Kemba Walker type with more athleticism

Next years draft has a pretty good run on guards . A lot of guys who will be able to come in and start right away or lead a bench unit with their scoring ability.

Wiseman, Achiuwa are my favorite bigs in the class so far
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:39 pm

Ruzious wrote:
queridiculo wrote:

He was 16 in that video; now 17. My understanding is that he will be eligible for the 2020 draft. Haven't seen him in any mock, but I've only seen a couple 2020 mocks.

I was probably wrong about him being eligible for the 2020 draft. I've seen him discussed for the 2021 draft.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,971

Post#11 » by dckingsfan » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:04 am

Year of the international PG? Theo Maledon?? :)
youngWizzy
Rookie
And1: 481

Post#12 » by youngWizzy » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:39 am

Obviously too early but I do not like Cole Anthony. Not a fan of his measurables. He won't be able to do the things hes doing in high school against college competition.
Twitter: @youngwizzydfs
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#13 » by prime1time » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:14 am

I like Cole Anthony's offense ability, but I want a pg with good size and above average wingspan. The NBA is all about two way players. What do people think about Anthony Edwards? It's hard for me to project guys that haven't played college ball. So I don't really have anything to go off of.
prime1time
Analyst

Post#14 » by prime1time » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:29 am

Also, I might be the outlier, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Wiz make the playoffs. I think Brad is just starting to scratch the surface of his potential. He's already mastered the hard stuff. Improving ball handling, attacking the rim etc. Now he can focus just on the logic of the game. I.E. drawing fouls, shooting more 3's off the dribble like Harden etc. I expect Beal to have a monster year. And as Beal foes, the Wizards go.

Also, one thing we know for sure is that the Wiz want high character, professional hard working guys. So if anyone has questions about work ethic or passion for the game, we can pretty much assume we won't be drafting them.
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#15 » by Dat2U » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:54 am

LaMelo will be good. 6-9 with his skill level? He's got a high floor. The big question like his brother is with his jump shot. His ceiling is pretty high if he can knock it down at a decent rate.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,303

Post#16 » by nate33 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:00 pm

prime1time wrote:Also, I might be the outlier, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Wiz make the playoffs. I think Brad is just starting to scratch the surface of his potential. He's already mastered the hard stuff. Improving ball handling, attacking the rim etc. Now he can focus just on the logic of the game. I.E. drawing fouls, shooting more 3's off the dribble like Harden etc. I expect Beal to have a monster year. And as Beal foes, the Wizards go.

Also, one thing we know for sure is that the Wiz want high character, professional hard working guys. So if anyone has questions about work ethic or passion for the game, we can pretty much assume we won't be drafting them.

The team around him is so bad though. He has two teammates who figure to be average NBA starters: Bryant and Bertans. He has one more veteran teammate who is an average NBA backup: Ish Smith. Troy Brown and Hachimura are unknowns - probably average backup caliber players at this stage in their development. Everyone else doesn't belong in a 10 man rotation. So basically he only has 2 qualified starters as teammates, plus 3 more qualified backups. The other 2 starters and the other 2 backups should be 12th men.
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#17 » by Dat2U » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:36 pm

nate33 wrote:
prime1time wrote:Also, I might be the outlier, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Wiz make the playoffs. I think Brad is just starting to scratch the surface of his potential. He's already mastered the hard stuff. Improving ball handling, attacking the rim etc. Now he can focus just on the logic of the game. I.E. drawing fouls, shooting more 3's off the dribble like Harden etc. I expect Beal to have a monster year. And as Beal foes, the Wizards go.

The team around him is so bad though. He has two teammates who figure to be average NBA starters: Bryant and Bertans. He has one more veteran teammate who is an average NBA backup: Ish Smith. Troy Brown and Hachimura are unknowns - probably average backup caliber players at this stage in their development. Everyone else doesn't belong in a 10 man rotation. So basically he only has 2 qualified starters as teammates, plus 3 more qualified backups. The other 2 starters and the other 2 backups should be 12th men.

Yeah Ish & whoever we start at wing are not NBA starters. We don't have a legit backup C or backup wings. Were also likely to be the worst defensive team in the league if not one of the worst all time.

I think the 7th pick in next years lottery may be the floor.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Post#18 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:39 pm

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Post#19 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:40 pm

Read on Twitter

1. James Wiseman, C, Memphis | Freshman

Height: 7’1” | Weight: 245

Wiseman is more or less the consensus front-runner for the top pick at this very early stage, although his claim to the spot is rather tenuous and born more out of the current dearth of impressive candidates. That being said, it doesn’t take much to understand why he leads that conversation going into this summer. Wiseman is unnaturally mobile and athletic for his size, continues to develop well physically, and when he’s playing hard, he jumps off the page in every way. He can really run the floor and block shots, he’s skilled out to the three-point line, and he’s really just starting to tap into his ability in a lot of ways.
Spoiler:
2. Anthony Edwards, G, Georgia | Freshman

Height: 6’4” | Weight: 215

Edwards is also considered to be in the running for the top spot, but based on his past six months or so, it may require him to hit the ground running on arrival in college. The context here is important: Edwards reclassified to become draft-eligible in 2020, played just three seasons at a small, independent high school (Atlanta’s Holy Spirit Prep) that’s far from a basketball factory, and as a result, he has some ground to make up between now and the draft. Physically, there’s zero question he’s college-ready, but he’s facing an extreme leap in competitive quality...

3. R.J. Hampton, PG, New Zealand Breakers

Height: 6’5” | Weight: 190

Hampton has a number of appealing qualities that point to legitimate NBA upside—he’s a strong improviser off the dribble, although more scoring-oriented than pass-first, and has ideal height for a lead guard. He’s gangly, but fluid, and if he can add some strength and improve his outside shooting a notch or two, he could be pretty difficult to stop early on in his career. Granted, that’s an optimistic lens based on a relatively small viewing sample, but his craftiness and overall playmaking upside is substantial. Hampton could quickly overtake Edwards as the top guard in this class—it’s already close—if all goes well with his professional adjustment. That said, expect him to take some lumps as a teenager playing against grown men in the NBL. He’s gifted enough end up in the mix very early in next year’s draft.

prime1time
Analyst

Post#20 » by prime1time » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:44 pm

nate33 wrote:

Well, I think Thomas Bryant and Bertrand are both above average. They are good players who understand there role. I saw Troy Bryant at the end of last year and I think he’ll be a good player. IT looks like he’s ready to contribute. And I think Rui is the second best player on the team.

Return to Washington Wizards