RealGM MMA Hall of Fame - New Nominee Poll

Moderator: CPT

Which Two Fighters Should Be Added As Nominees This Year?

Mirko Cro Cop
6
26%
Don Frye
0
No votes
Pat Miletich
0
No votes
Ken Shamrock
1
4%
Sean Sherk
0
No votes
Wanderlei Silva
5
22%
Chael Sonnen
0
No votes
Georges St. Pierre
11
48%
Tim Sylvia
0
No votes
Oleg Taktarov
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 23

User avatar
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
Posts: 29,975
And1: 1,635
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: Austin, TX
     

RealGM MMA Hall of Fame - New Nominee Poll 

Post#1 » by Cammo101 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:30 pm

Hard to believe this will be the forth year we select members for the board's MMA Hall of Fame. Here is how it looks currently...

2016 Inaugural Class: Randy Couture, Royce Gracie, Matt Hughes, Chuck Liddell
2017 Class: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Kazushi Sakuraba
2018 Class: Dan Henderson, Lorenzo Fertitta


With Hendo and Fertitta now in, we must nominate two new nominees. You can select the two new nominees to add to the eight that did not get in last year in the poll attached. Below is the nominees that will return from last year...

Michael Bisping
Mark Coleman
Rich Franklin
Bas Rutten
Dan Severn
Frak Shamrock
Joe Silva (Executive)
User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,099
And1: 886
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

Re: RealGM MMA Hall of Fame - New Nominee Poll 

Post#2 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:39 am

Cro Cop
Fedor
GSP
Wanderlei

?

How the eff did Bisping get on there??? Are you sure?
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,099
And1: 886
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

Re: RealGM MMA Hall of Fame - New Nominee Poll 

Post#3 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:40 am

I thought you were a huge Fedor mark, Cammo?
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
User avatar
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
Posts: 29,975
And1: 1,635
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: Austin, TX
     

Re: RealGM MMA Hall of Fame - New Nominee Poll 

Post#4 » by Cammo101 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:13 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Cro Cop
Fedor
GSP
Wanderlei

?

How the eff did Bisping get on there??? Are you sure?


He got voted on last year at this point. The picking were a little slim as GSP, Wandy, and Cro Cop all didn't yet qualify.
User avatar
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
Posts: 29,975
And1: 1,635
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: Austin, TX
     

Re: RealGM MMA Hall of Fame - New Nominee Poll 

Post#5 » by Cammo101 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:14 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:I thought you were a huge Fedor mark, Cammo?


Naw, but he certainly deserves to be in any MMA Hall of Fame. But, only retired fighters qualify, and he may never retire.
User avatar
cowboyronnie
RealGM
Posts: 29,099
And1: 886
Joined: Feb 20, 2004

Re: RealGM MMA Hall of Fame - New Nominee Poll 

Post#6 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:54 pm

Cro Cop, Wanderlei, and GSP - how do you choose only two of them? Those will be 3 of the 10 biggest figures in the sport for decades.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Jasen777
Head Coach
Posts: 6,125
And1: 844
Joined: Feb 28, 2005

Re: RealGM MMA Hall of Fame - New Nominee Poll 

Post#7 » by Jasen777 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:12 pm

Cammo101 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:I thought you were a huge Fedor mark, Cammo?


Naw, but he certainly deserves to be in any MMA Hall of Fame. But, only retired fighters qualify, and he may never retire.


Maybe we could have a minimum age as an alternative way to qualify , especially as retirements seldom stick. Like 40/45 for fighters and 65/70 for non-fighters.
User avatar
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
Posts: 29,975
And1: 1,635
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: Austin, TX
     

Re: RealGM MMA Hall of Fame - New Nominee Poll 

Post#8 » by Cammo101 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:50 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Cro Cop, Wanderlei, and GSP - how do you choose only two of them? Those will be 3 of the 10 biggest figures in the sport for decades.


Actually, we need 3 because Faber, who was on the list, unretired. So I'll change the poll and all 3 will likely get in.
User avatar
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
Posts: 29,975
And1: 1,635
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: Austin, TX
     

Re: RealGM MMA Hall of Fame - New Nominee Poll 

Post#9 » by Cammo101 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:50 pm

Jasen777 wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:I thought you were a huge Fedor mark, Cammo?


Naw, but he certainly deserves to be in any MMA Hall of Fame. But, only retired fighters qualify, and he may never retire.


Maybe we could have a minimum age as an alternative way to qualify , especially as retirements seldom stick. Like 40/45 for fighters and 65/70 for non-fighters.


That is actually a good idea to consider.
User avatar
Susan
RealGM
Posts: 16,206
And1: 3,175
Joined: Jan 25, 2005
Location: jackfinn & Scott May appreciation society
     

Re: RealGM MMA Hall of Fame - New Nominee Poll 

Post#10 » by Susan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:40 pm

Tim Sylvia.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts