RealGM
And1: 10,594

Re: Summer League Discussion- Game 2 v. Hawks 

Post#701 » by TroyD92 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:01 pm

Hopefully the Herd get someone good
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,777

Post#702 » by bucksfansince88 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:33 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:
bizarro wrote:Nice work from Hommes here.

Really hoping he gets more looks in the remaining games. He's got a nice smoothness to his game. So many SLers look rushed, all the time, but not Hommes. Completely calm and in control at all times. An actual roster spot feels like a long shot, but I'd love him on the Herd for a year, and then promote him.

At this point Hommes, should get a training camp invite. I think he would be the best shooter in camp and on our roster, I love how calm and patient he is, love that he can put it on the floor and make the pull up or create for others, he had a few sweet no look dimes in traffic. Im very high on him, I think he fills a huge need for the team, and Im curious to see how he develops once he gets on those Vitamins.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#703 » by bizarro » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:36 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:Yeah, based on the games so far I'd be interested in Hommes/Tucker, or even Farrell, before Landale. He's been putting up numbers but aside from his shooting has looked pretty bad.

Seeing a lot of this and I don’t really understand it. He’s shown great hands and finishing ability at the rim, great offensive awareness in consistently swinging the ball to the right spot and he throws his body around in the pain/diving after loose-balls. There’s a learning curve adjusting to the speed and athleticism of NBA caliber front court players and that’s where he struggled. But he’s shown enough tools and IQ at 23 I’m genuinely surprised he’s been so poorly received. Think he has a ready made stretch big skillset with plenty of room to develop.

He really has struggled defensively in open space and, sure, he’s had a couple offensive finishes he’d like back. His interior defense is, um, lacking to put it nicely, BUT, man, his skillset and his age offensively are tailor-made for the Bucks system. They’d be foolish to let him go. He is running the floor with ease. Has a really nice long-range stroke. Making the right reads. That catch and finish backdoor on the no-look from Hommes was not easy. He made it look so.
bizarro
RealGM

Post#704 » by bizarro » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:37 pm

As of right now, my inner Cleo has these tiers:

Hommes
Landale
Bryant

Tucker

Magee sucks
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,560

Post#705 » by Matches Malone » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:41 pm

bizarro wrote:As of right now, my inner Cleo has these tiers:

Hommes
Landale
Bryant

Tucker

Magee sucks

I like Bryant and Hommes. Still not sure what to think on Landale. He looked decent against China but idk.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
bizarro
RealGM

Post#706 » by bizarro » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:42 pm

FrieAaron wrote:Yeah, based on the games so far I'd be interested in Hommes/Tucker, or even Farrell, before Landale. He's been putting up numbers but aside from his shooting has looked pretty bad.

Disagree. Defensively guarding the switch and adjusting to NBA caliber athletes’ speed interior - woof...major struggle. BUT, I saw enough improvement in game 4 on the perimeter to think he could improve here to tolerable (granted, China) BUT, offensively he’s been fantastic for the most part.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,716

Post#707 » by emunney » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:46 pm

He sets good screens and has good timing on rolls and dives from the dunker spot. His shot looks decent, he looks comfortable shooting from the top, which is good. His footwork and positioning on the perimeter defensively, especially on closeouts, is ridiculous. It's like he has no idea where the basket is and has never had to do it before, which, maybe so.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
bizarro
RealGM

Post#708 » by bizarro » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:48 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
bizarro wrote:As of right now, my inner Cleo has these tiers:

Hommes
Landale
Bryant

Tucker

Magee sucks

I like Bryant and Hommes. Still not sure what to think on Landale. He looked decent against China but idk.

He’s 23. I have seen enough to know he could very easily be your rich man’s Spencer Hawes in a few years (who netted us a failed number 2 pick for crying out loud...OK that may be a stretch) with more worldly cultured views. Definitely worth a deeper look imho.

On the other hand, when Frank Madden tweeted Rayjon Tucker is his spirit animal...I laughed. I immediately pictured a spazzy Arabian horse who can’t hit FT’s or really shoot the NBA 3 but could probably make a career as a FT getting poor man’s Maggette (who, well, hits FT’s at maybe a 60% clip). Give him a chance on the Herd? Absolutely. Anything more at this juncture? Absolutely not.
emunney
RealGM

Post#709 » by emunney » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:48 pm

Tucker physically is NBA ready, but he seems like purely a transition player to me at this point. The ball slows him down so much.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#710 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:50 pm

Certainly no denying he’s had some rough defensive stretches. In addition to the blow bys he’s been caught off guard by how quickly guys are able to make their second jump around the rim. But he’s no Charlie Villanueva. He’s heady and busts his ass enough that there’s no reason he can’t become an average team defender. His front-court opponent last night, Zhou Qi, was also coming off a couple years of NBA/G-league experience. He’ll spend the rest of his career in China, but still...
emunney
RealGM

Post#711 » by emunney » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:52 pm

My lean right now would be exhibit 10s for Colson, Hommes, Landale, Bryant, and Tucker. Sign one vet, let these 5 compete for 1 roster spot and the 2 ways.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#712 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:57 pm

emunney wrote:My lean right now would be exhibit 10s for Colson, Hommes, Landale, Bryant, and Tucker. Sign one vet, let these 5 compete for 1 roster spot and the 2 ways.

That’s kinda where I’m at. I also want Matt Ferrall’s NJ spunk in Oshkosh. Mayes would be cool too. There’s some connective tissue with this squad thats really rare for a summer league team. Never seen so many ball swings in July. Be a fun group to see with the Herd
bizarro
RealGM

Post#713 » by bizarro » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:08 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
emunney wrote:My lean right now would be exhibit 10s for Colson, Hommes, Landale, Bryant, and Tucker. Sign one vet, let these 5 compete for 1 roster spot and the 2 ways.

That’s kinda where I’m at. I also want Matt Ferrall’s NJ spunk in Oshkosh. Mayes would be cool too. There’s some connective tissue with this squad thats really rare for a summer league team. Never seen so many ball swings in July. Be a fun group to see with the Herd

Lotta Bucks DNA in this here post. Not gonna lie, worked up a lil bit of a sweat just reading it. I’m going to go get some FT’s up.
bizarro
RealGM

Post#714 » by bizarro » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:12 pm

bizarro wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:

Lotta Bucks DNA in this here post. Not gonna lie, worked up a lil bit of a sweat just reading it. I’m going to go get some FT’s up.

Seriously, though, tell me you wouldn’t take said NJ Spunk over Munford’s a@@.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,777

Post#715 » by bucksfansince88 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:18 pm

Bryant reminds me so much of Derrick White, everything he does should translate well, we also need a 3rd PG his ball skills are better than Donte's IMO
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,560

Post#716 » by Matches Malone » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:31 pm

bizarro wrote:On the other hand, when Frank Madden tweeted Rayjon Tucker is his spirit animal...I laughed. I immediately pictured a spazzy Arabian horse who can’t hit FT’s or really shoot the NBA 3 but could probably make a career as a FT getting poor man’s Maggette (who, well, hits FT’s at maybe a 60% clip). Give him a chance on the Herd? Absolutely. Anything more at this juncture? Absolutely not.

I've been really disappointment with Tucker this summer. I know I shouldn't have expected him to become some world beater, but he's really not shown me a ton. He'd be fine on the Herd but my hype around him has diminished.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,523

Post#717 » by drone3 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:43 pm

Landale has a nice offensive game but his D and Rebounding are way below average and this is in SL, NBA scorers will eat him alive.

I got my money on Elijah and/or Hommes
emunney
RealGM

Post#718 » by emunney » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:44 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:

The team defense, for a SL team, has also been excellent. It shows that damn near our whole coaching staff is out there
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#719 » by mke_design » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:11 pm

Bryant actually reminds me of brogdon sometimes, there’s my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#720 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:24 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Hopefully the Herd get someone good

A coach would be a nice start.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks