ImageImageImage

Gordon Hayward Thread

Moderators: The Comedian, Parliament10, canman1971, djFan71, Froob, ParticleMan, sully00

User avatar
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
Posts: 22,679
And1: 12,299
Joined: Mar 04, 2009
Location: Rio De Janeiro, Brasil...
     

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1461 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:19 pm

If Gordon opts out, it's because he had a comeback season and knows he will get more than 30M. If that's the case, Boston will probably offer him the max again IMO.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
brackdan70
RealGM
Posts: 11,712
And1: 6,778
Joined: Jul 15, 2013
Location: Ogden, UT
     

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1462 » by brackdan70 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:27 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
KGboss wrote:What's the over/under on Hayward returning after this season as of July 3rd?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You mean does he pick up his player option for 20-21? That’s a really good question?

At this point I think he will but who the hell knows

I’d say 75% chance he is back for 20-21.

If he has a good season, he could be the best FA in his FA class, in which case 0% chance he picks up the option. If he sucks or gets injured he picks it up. Of course if he has a good season and doesn't pick up his option, I'd say it's still incredibly likely he remains in Boston, just on a new 3-4 year deal at max money. The best FA in this class are Hayward, Draymond, Davis, Siakam. Draymond is probably getting a supermax and staying, Davis is obviously the same in LA, Siakam is RFA and Toronto will match any offer. Lowry is in there, but he'll be 34. Bunch of other young RFA entering (Ingram, Brown, Sabonis, Hield) but they usually don't change teams unless they have a middling season and someone offers max or near-max. If Hayward is 90% of Utah Hayward, he's not opting in and will receive 4 year max offers from several teams.

One thing I didn’t account for in my initial comment...this is his 10th season so he will be eligible for .35 of the cap if he opts out next year. That is 41 million. So yes if he has a good season opting out would be the smart thing to do. If he is what he was this last year he likely picks up option. If he opts out and looks to be back to form I would think the Cs and Hayward would find some common ground and he would be back on a long term deal...assuming of course the Cs are competitive next season.
Danny Ainge on Jayson Tatum and rational for not making him available in a trade for Anthony Davis
“And how can this be....for he is the Kwisatz Haderach”
itrsteve
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,592
And1: 2,205
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1463 » by itrsteve » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:34 pm

greenroom31 wrote:
itrsteve wrote:They dropped all the toxic elements from the locker room, things that will set back a rehabbing player trying to prove his worth.

Hayward is going to be great this year, we all saw it coming at the tail end of the season. I don’t find it coincidental that he was ineffective in the Milwaukee series as Irving was sucking the life out of the team.

It’s a new season, the future is bright boys.


So now it's Kyrie's fault that Hayward sucked against Milwaukee?

I'm not enamored with the guy either but some of you would blame him for climate change at this point.

Image


Not sure if you recall but everybody was terrible, he sucked the life out of the team and no insulting gif is going to change my mind on that one.
Don’t Trade Hayward Fan Club (Member #1 of 1)
User avatar
greenroom31
Head Coach
Posts: 6,103
And1: 6,728
Joined: Nov 06, 2004

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1464 » by greenroom31 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:43 pm

itrsteve wrote:
greenroom31 wrote:
itrsteve wrote:They dropped all the toxic elements from the locker room, things that will set back a rehabbing player trying to prove his worth.

Hayward is going to be great this year, we all saw it coming at the tail end of the season. I don’t find it coincidental that he was ineffective in the Milwaukee series as Irving was sucking the life out of the team.

It’s a new season, the future is bright boys.


So now it's Kyrie's fault that Hayward sucked against Milwaukee?

I'm not enamored with the guy either but some of you would blame him for climate change at this point.

Image


Not sure if you recall but everybody was terrible, he sucked the life out of the team and no insulting gif is going to change my mind on that one.


I just thought the gif was funny TBH, sorry you were insulted by it. I'm legitimately still laughing watching it on repeat.

Also, I can't be convinced that Kyrie is singlehandedly responsible for every player going to mush against Milwaukee after winning the first 5 playoff games in a row.
User avatar
jmr07019
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,916
And1: 4,115
Joined: Oct 29, 2009

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1465 » by jmr07019 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:45 pm

If we want to have any shot at a title we need either:

- Hayward to get to old form or close to it
- Hayward trade

I think now is the best time to trade hayward. If he looks good teams will rightly view him as a 30 game rental in February. If he looks bad teams will view him as a negative asset and want to be compensated for it.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
Posts: 15,599
And1: 7,411
Joined: Feb 12, 2010
Location: Somewhere in Boston
     

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1466 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:23 pm



I'm expecting this Hayward to be back at least 80-90% next year. The guy in the video was a top 20 player. I'm expecting Hayward to come back with vengeance.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
User avatar
sam_I_am
RealGM
Posts: 12,598
And1: 3,897
Joined: Jul 10, 2004

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1467 » by sam_I_am » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:29 pm

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:If Gordon opts out, it's because he had a comeback season and knows he will get more than 30M. If that's the case, Boston will probably offer him the max again IMO.


He may be okay with a Horford type deal somewhere else too. Maybe his wife hates Boston, wants to be closer to family in LA, wants Miami Beach. Maybe he has bonded with a player via online gaming and they just think it would be cool to hoop and geek out in same town. Who the hell really knows what motivates players to move. Why did Hayward leave Utah in first place?

The risk of him opting out and leaving and us losing a max slot without incoming free agent is real. He did it to Utah just like Horford did it to Atlanta. He could do it to us just like Horford. Danny should be talking up theoretical options with rival GMs and gauging interest.

Best case scenario is that Tatum/Brown make huge leap and Langford is the next Donavan Mitchell - and Hayward looks really good so there is serious roster crunch making Hayward and his contract expendable. Then you trade him for a quality big man or expiring and picks or whatever makes sense.
sam_I_am »2017:Kyrie isn't much of an upgrade over IT and he is **** crazy. Demands to be traded after 3 finals passing on supermax to go to Knicks. More talent around than IT did 2 yrs ago, no playoffs until Lebron came.Kyrie cant hold leads w/o Lebron.
User avatar
sam_I_am
RealGM
Posts: 12,598
And1: 3,897
Joined: Jul 10, 2004

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1468 » by sam_I_am » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:35 pm

jmr07019 wrote:If we want to have any shot at a title we need either:

- Hayward to get to old form or close to it
- Hayward trade

I think now is the best time to trade hayward. If he looks good teams will rightly view him as a 30 game rental in February. If he looks bad teams will view him as a negative asset and want to be compensated for it.


He does have option to opt in and if he traded to a team he really wants to join it could work out. Problem with trading too early is that his value is at lowest now. With Westbrook trade looming, I could see a multitrade deal emerging.
sam_I_am »2017:Kyrie isn't much of an upgrade over IT and he is **** crazy. Demands to be traded after 3 finals passing on supermax to go to Knicks. More talent around than IT did 2 yrs ago, no playoffs until Lebron came.Kyrie cant hold leads w/o Lebron.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
Posts: 15,599
And1: 7,411
Joined: Feb 12, 2010
Location: Somewhere in Boston
     

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1469 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:58 pm



Interview from 2 weeks ago.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
User avatar
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
Posts: 19,644
And1: 22,594
Joined: Jul 29, 2003
       

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1470 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:02 pm

The free agency class in 2020 sucks. The free agency class in 2021 is epic. I think Gord is going to opt out this summer if he is even 75% of his old self.
Steal by Bird
Ballboy
Posts: 25
And1: 15
Joined: Jul 01, 2019

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1471 » by Steal by Bird » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:16 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:The free agency class in 2020 sucks. The free agency class in 2021 is epic. I think Gord is going to opt out this summer if he is even 75% of his old self.

Does this happen in time to address Brown?
I don’t know the deadlines or much about the free agent system. If the Celtics are confident he opts out would it not make sense to get some return value now?
User avatar
zoyathedestroya
Analyst
Posts: 3,599
And1: 7,646
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1472 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:05 pm

Read on Twitter

Congrats, Gordo! Expect greater things from this guy.
GOATTatum
Ballboy
Posts: 26
And1: 16
Joined: Jul 10, 2019
         

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1473 » by GOATTatum » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:49 pm

I predict Gordon having a beast year with Tatum, Brown, and Kemba. Watch him win the Most Improved player next season.
User avatar
zoyathedestroya
Analyst
Posts: 3,599
And1: 7,646
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1474 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:38 pm

"Gordon sucked."

Image
Image

Only nine players reached those (arbitrary) thresholds. The other eight started every single game they played in. Hayward still produced with low usage while playing alongside bench players (started in only 18 of 72 games).
User avatar
yeahM8
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,577
And1: 2,420
Joined: Feb 05, 2016
 

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1475 » by yeahM8 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:27 pm

just wondering if anyone is hearing how gordo is doing this offseason, how he looks if hes working out being more explosive his state of mind etc etc.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
Posts: 15,599
And1: 7,411
Joined: Feb 12, 2010
Location: Somewhere in Boston
     

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1476 » by FlatearthZorro » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:38 pm

yeahM8 wrote:just wondering if anyone is hearing how gordo is doing this offseason, how he looks if hes working out being more explosive his state of mind etc etc.


Brad, Danny and other reporters are saying he's looking more and more like his former self, that he's working hard on his game and lifting weights(according to a C's coach I forgot his name- he's looking bigger and leaner and his athletic ability is coming back, too, he's in the gym every day, early, works out twice a day)...
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
User avatar
zoyathedestroya
Analyst
Posts: 3,599
And1: 7,646
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1477 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:41 pm

yeahM8 wrote:just wondering if anyone is hearing how gordo is doing this offseason, how he looks if hes working out being more explosive his state of mind etc etc.

The sources in my head say he's going to have a "**** YOU, DOUBTERS!" type of season. I believe my sources.
User avatar
yeahM8
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,577
And1: 2,420
Joined: Feb 05, 2016
 

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1478 » by yeahM8 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:55 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
yeahM8 wrote:just wondering if anyone is hearing how gordo is doing this offseason, how he looks if hes working out being more explosive his state of mind etc etc.

The sources in my head say he's going to have a "**** YOU, DOUBTERS!" type of season. I believe my sources.


i feel like those sources are reliable. i really hope we see some rage out of him on the court.
Soulcatcher33
Starter
Posts: 2,082
And1: 2,223
Joined: Dec 14, 2016
 

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1479 » by Soulcatcher33 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:30 am

Hayward will be gone by mid season no matter what. Regardless if he has a comeback year near the 2017 player he was or not he's gone. This is mostly because of Tatum. It won't matter if Hayward is clearly better than him he's just not going to step aside. He cares more about himself than the benefit of the team. Hayward could literally come back BETTER than he was in 2017 and it wouldn't matter since Tatum has more to prove on an individual level than he does helping the team overall. Hayward being unselfish to a fault only helps to exacerbate this as he's just not the kind of guy to force the issue regardless if he should or not.
User avatar
Edug27
RealGM
Posts: 10,333
And1: 6,677
Joined: Jun 24, 2009
   

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1480 » by Edug27 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:30 pm

Soulcatcher33 wrote:Hayward will be gone by mid season no matter what. Regardless if he has a comeback year near the 2017 player he was or not he's gone. This is mostly because of Tatum. It won't matter if Hayward is clearly better than him he's just not going to step aside. He cares more about himself than the benefit of the team. Hayward could literally come back BETTER than he was in 2017 and it wouldn't matter since Tatum has more to prove on an individual level than he does helping the team overall. Hayward being unselfish to a fault only helps to exacerbate this as he's just not the kind of guy to force the issue regardless if he should or not.


Lies. Hayward isn’t going anywhere bro.

Return to Boston Celtics