Chicago Bulls

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

keloms
Veteran
And1: 1,933

Re: Chicago Bulls 

Post#21 » by keloms » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:32 pm

No. Getting to the 8th seed would be a best case scenario but, they never stay healthy so that's out.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#22 » by LofJ » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:34 pm

I think they're in the 8th to 12th pick range as opposed to 1st to 5th pick. They improved a lot and will knock a team out of the playoffs soon, but it won't happen next season.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,114

Post#23 » by TheBallsDeeper » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:36 pm

I think they will battle for the worst team in the league. They have a couple of players with potential, but that's not going to help this coming year. They lack high-end talent and depth.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,774

Post#24 » by NZB2323 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:38 pm

MetalFingaz wrote:I think it will be close, depending on how the Magic, Pistons, and Heat perform. I think we're better than the Pistons and Heat, at least on paper. But we still don't have an average starting PG, but Sato's an upgrade, in addition to *anticipated* improvements from Dunn and Coby over the cast we rolled out last year. We've also upgraded from a bench full of G-leaguers to at least average NBA players.

The biggest keys to making the playoffs are:
1) Health - the injury bug hit the Bulls hard last year.
2) Jumps from Zach and Lauri. I fully expect Zach to play at an all-star level this year. He's one of the most exciting scorers in the NBA. If he cleans up his shot selection a bit, especially at the end of games, and becomes average on defense, he'll be a star for years to come. For Lauri, it'd be great if he shows he can playmake a little bit, play in the post, and get to the line a bit more.
3) Coaching - For most of last year, we were just throwing players out hoping something happened. It was horrendous to watch. But for 6 weeks in February and March, we kinda looked like we were at least thinking about running an offense. That was kinda exciting.

The Heat won 39 games last year and they just added Butler. The only year Butler missed the playoffs was when the Bulls won 42 games. We're not better than the Heat on paper.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,235

Post#25 » by LewisnotMiller » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:47 pm

Nope, but they've had a good offseason.
Both Young and Satoransky will help, and have some defensive versatility, as does White.

I'd go with Sato, LaVine and White as a tall, switchy backcourt from the get go. Heck, Dunn is strong enough to fit with that as well (I just don't rate him).

Porter, Young, Markinnen and Carter are nice, flexible front court players, but since I like them sliding up a little, I'd want another three on the roster. Kornet was a decent low risk signing...he should try and get scrap minutes over Felicio for now.

Take your lumps for one more season, get some development into Carter, White and Markinnen. Try and be competitive for sure, but don't go playoffs or bust.
Bluewaterheaven
Assistant Coach
And1: 664

Post#26 » by Bluewaterheaven » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:54 pm

dho4ever wrote:
Bluewaterheaven wrote:
dacrusha wrote:Chicago will be battling not with the bottom 3 worst teams in the NBA, but with the next 3 worst teams.

They're not terrible, but they are awful.

It's meaningless to "rank" terrible and awful on a "scale" - they're simply repetitions which could just as easily have been given in any other sequence.

The Bulls will make the Playoffs as the 7th seed.

7th seed sounds very optimisitc. What teams do you think the Bulls are better than in the East?

All but the 6 above us.
Unknown wrote:Dwarves laugh when they run because the grass tickles their balls.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#27 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:56 pm

TheBallsDeeper wrote:I think they will battle for the worst team in the league. They have a couple of players with potential, but that's not going to help this coming year. They lack high-end talent and depth.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Couldn't have said it better.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#28 » by GimmeDat » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:00 am

Every Bulls thread on the GB I have to shake my head at how people percieve Zach Lavine. He's come along massively the last few years. With another reasonable step forward and greater team success, he could well be an All-Star this coming season.

Playoffs is a bit out of reach given the depth of solid teams in the league, but compared to the predictions here, and assuming relative health, I'm pretty confident we'll out-do the expectations of those here. We had a great off-season as well, some really great fitting role players.

Will be very interesting to see if Markkanen and/or Carter are able to take a major step forward as well.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,635

Post#29 » by Dez » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:02 am

TheBallsDeeper wrote:I think they will battle for the worst team in the league. They have a couple of players with potential, but that's not going to help this coming year. They lack high-end talent and depth.

They weren't bottom 3 this season even with substantial injuries and they've made good additions this off-season, this is just a laughably bad take.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,232

Post#30 » by Dan Z » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:05 am

Every year there is a team or two that is a surprise. I'm going to be a homer and say yes.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#31 » by Dan Z » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:07 am

dakomish23 wrote:Maybe. I like the Young and Tomas additions. Underrated moves that will help add W’s to the win column.

Is this the expected rotation?

Tomas White
Lavine
OPJ Hutchinson
Lauri Young
WCJ

Maybe get another wing in there.

Not that this will sway you, but they'll have Denzel Valentine too (last year he was injured). Plus Luke Kornet and Daniel Gafford.
MetalFingaz
Starter
And1: 2,800

Post#32 » by MetalFingaz » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:10 am

NZB2323 wrote:
MetalFingaz wrote:I think it will be close, depending on how the Magic, Pistons, and Heat perform. I think we're better than the Pistons and Heat, at least on paper...

The Heat won 39 games last year and they just added Butler. The only year Butler missed the playoffs was when the Bulls won 42 games. We're not better than the Heat on paper.

Sure, but they lost a solid shooter in Richardson and Butler duplicates what made Winslow successful last year. So you're giving the keys to Butler offensively and moving Winslow back off-ball, where he struggles because he can't shoot. He can improve, but I wouldn't take that for granted.

Then you have to deal with the likelihood that Butler misses a quarter of the season in a tougher Eastern Conference.

And then you're counting on some questionable impact players (Waiters, Olynyk to a lesser extent) and relatively unproven guys (Adebayo, Herro) being key pieces, while hoping Dragic returns to form. I think they have a 49% shot of being better than the Bulls, but I need to see how the pieces fit first.
It's time for 5 refs.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#33 » by John Murdoch » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:12 am

jordanwilliams6 wrote:I truly believe so, I'm sensing an improvement in essentially the majority of players across the board. There's a lot of growth in the team and they've actually assembled a team that fits, unlike the past couple of years.

Satoransky/White/Dunn
Lavine/Valentine/Blakeney
Porter Jr/Hutchinson
Markannen/Young
Carter Jr/Gafford/Kornet/Felicio

After the acquisition of Porter, the Bulls starters began to play great together but were let down severely by their G league level bench. The additions of White, Valentine, Young & Gafford as well as the benched Dunn should dramatically improve this. We probably lack one more solid wing player off the bench.

I can see 40-45 wins which will get you in the playoffs in the east.

Dunn is ur 3rd string PG? Tf lol
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
MetalFingaz
Starter
And1: 2,800

Post#34 » by MetalFingaz » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:14 am

GimmeDat wrote:Every Bulls thread on the GB I have to shake my head at how people percieve Zach Lavine. He's come along massively the last few years. With another reasonable step forward and greater team success, he could well be an All-Star this coming season.

Playoffs is a bit out of reach given the depth of solid teams in the league, but compared to the predictions here, and assuming relative health, I'm pretty confident we'll out-do the expectations of those here. We had a great off-season as well, some really great fitting role players.

Will be very interesting to see if Markkanen and/or Carter are able to take a major step forward as well.

I can't blame people for not watching the Bulls last year and not seeing Zach's game evolve, but I predict Zach will be the DLo-darling of the GB this season. My homer prediction is that Zach makes 3rd team All-NBA.
It's time for 5 refs.
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,674

Post#35 » by dorkestra » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:16 am

Now that they have an established star in Satoransky, expect a big improvement
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
watpho71
Junior
And1: 111

Post#36 » by watpho71 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:17 am

watpho71 wrote:Are the Chicago Bulls a playoff team for the upcoming 2019-20 NBA season?

I was surprised the Bulls were able to land a guy like Thaddeus Young and can't say the Tomas Satoransky signing was bad. The reality set in when I listened to Jim Boylen speak in a summer league interview. This roster has potential for good results, but I find it difficult believing in Bulls management, leadership and direction.

Unfortunately, I think they fall into the 10th seed. I like Orlando to continue with their improvements. They retained both Vucevic and Ross in free agency and everyone else is coming back, plus they added Aminu. They finished the season strong last year and ended up winning their division, they are a fun and young team to watch. The East could have all the same teams in the playoffs as last season.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,114

Post#37 » by TheBallsDeeper » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:20 am

Dez wrote:

They weren't bottom 3 this season even with substantial injuries and they've made good additions this off-season, this is just a laughably bad take.

Most teams fans would say that they have made some big improvements this offseason (maybe with the exception of Charlette)

I can't see how the Bulls have improved more than others.

Agree to disagree, one of us will be right next year.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#38 » by dakomish23 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:23 am

Dan Z wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Maybe. I like the Young and Tomas additions. Underrated moves that will help add W’s to the win column.

Is this the expected rotation?

Tomas White
Lavine
OPJ Hutchinson
Lauri Young
WCJ

Maybe get another wing in there.

Not that this will sway you, but they'll have Denzel Valentine too (last year he was injured). Plus Luke Kornet and Daniel Gafford.

A fan favorite, Luke is a solid backup C. His mom has a lot of fans too.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#39 » by Dan Z » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:28 am

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Dez wrote:

Most teams fans would say that they have made some big improvements this offseason (maybe with the exception of Charlette)

I can't see how the Bulls have improved more than others.

Agree to disagree, one of us will be right next year.

Full season of Otto Porter, Jr, Denzel Valentine back from injury, Tomas and Young as FA signings plus the two rookies (White and Gafford). Oh and hopefully WCJ will play more than 44 games this year (it's a good possibility that he will).

Plus improvements from the young players and a full year with no coaching changes (most likely).
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,021

Post#40 » by jordanwilliams6 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:39 am

John Murdoch wrote:
jordanwilliams6 wrote:I truly believe so, I'm sensing an improvement in essentially the majority of players across the board. There's a lot of growth in the team and they've actually assembled a team that fits, unlike the past couple of years.

Satoransky/White/Dunn
Lavine/Valentine/Blakeney
Porter Jr/Hutchinson
Markannen/Young
Carter Jr/Gafford/Kornet/Felicio

After the acquisition of Porter, the Bulls starters began to play great together but were let down severely by their G league level bench. The additions of White, Valentine, Young & Gafford as well as the benched Dunn should dramatically improve this. We probably lack one more solid wing player off the bench.

I can see 40-45 wins which will get you in the playoffs in the east.

Dunn is ur 3rd string PG? Tf lol

We don't know. The starting spot will be up for grabs depending on who wants to perform. I personally believe Dunn would suit a role of leading the bench where he can handle the ball a lot more.

Return to The General Board