ImageImage

Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,279

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1101 » by rilamann » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:38 pm

ackypoo wrote:
rilamann wrote:I value Brogdon because I value consistency and dependability. The easiest and safest bet going into this upcoming season is that Eric Bledsoe will be absolutely useless when it really matters. Which will be compounded more than ever because you no longer have a dependable guy like Brogdon to balance things out.

It's easier to be consistent when your team isn't dependent on you, and you only play 60 games a YEAR BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT CONSISTENT JESUS CHRIST HAS THIS WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY?@

Brogdon is dependable when he's on the court. His avaliblity is a concern, I'll give you that. It's a valid argument. I'd still rather take my chances with Brogdon's avaliblity over Bledsoe's inconsistency though.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,279

Post#1102 » by rilamann » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:47 pm

For the record, I still think that despite the loss of Brogdon the Bucks are the favorites to win the east. I just think that keeping Brogdon would have made us a lock to win the east and would have greatly improved our chances of actually winning the finals. I would have kept Brogdon and Middleton and told Bledsoe to take a hike if I had to pick 2 out of the 3. Would have kept all 3 if I was big ballin like the Buck's owners. Luckily, Giannis is good enough to make this all moot a year from now. Go Bucks.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,045

Post#1103 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:49 pm

Giving Eric Nehm credit. In his piece on Brogdon this afternoon, he got Brogdon to note that Marc Lasry specifically cut the deal with Herb Simon. Our new Governor in action!
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#1104 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:50 pm

That's what I'm afraid of. Lasry takes over and will make Kohl seem like a non meddler.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,604

Post#1105 » by Matches Malone » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:06 am

Of course it was Lasry.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,045

Post#1106 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:06 am

MickeyDavis wrote:That's what I'm afraid of. Lasry takes over and will make Kohl seem like a non meddler.

Hey, it’s July now Jon, I’m Governor, so I’ll handle this one.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,622

Post#1107 » by blazza18 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:10 am

Lasry going over Horst's head and Horst allowing it to happen is a bad look for both. Not how successful organisations work either.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#1108 » by mke_design » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:07 am

Not cool. MD
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#1109 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:29 am

blazza18 wrote:Lasry going over Horst's head and Horst allowing it to happen is a bad look for both. Not how successful organisations work either.

What's Horst suppose to do? I agree that successful organizations would let the basketball people make the decisions but if the owner wants to meddle he's going to meddle.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,622

Post#1110 » by blazza18 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:35 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Lasry going over Horst's head and Horst allowing it to happen is a bad look for both. Not how successful organisations work either.

What's Horst suppose to do? I agree that successful organizations would let the basketball people make the decisions but if the owner wants to meddle he's going to meddle.

Owner probably doesn't meddle if he doesn't think the GM is just a patsy. It's more of a bad look of Lasry but it says a lot about Horst that this is how the trade transpired.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 381

Post#1111 » by James1980 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:45 am

We could have had the TPE and stayed under the tax after trading for a player with a salary less than the TPE, about $7 mil or so. It would have been a nice asset/piece to have.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#1112 » by bizarro » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:00 am

This continues to NOT be a good look. Why can’t this organization just act like an organization? EOTY? Nahhhhh...let me handle this. I don’t care about the $700k differential, Jon, we aren’t paying the tax; you just got paid (still an undisclosed amount mind you). Here’s some draftpicks.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#1113 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:09 am

Just gonna say this was this dumbest one day idiotic discussion I've been on here. Congrats to who won!
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1114 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:56 pm

DanoMac wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
DanoMac wrote:This whole "I will enjoy if Brogdon torches us and hits a game winner against us" is so eerily reminiscent of the pro-Favre crowd when he went to Minnesota and were hoping he'd beat us and cheering for him.

It only took, what, less than 2 years for all of those bozos to do a 180 and act like it never happened?

Hopefully it's so eerily reminiscent that it also results in a championship for the home team shortly thereafter

:rockon:

:beer:
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,134

Post#1115 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:06 pm

blazza18 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

Owner probably doesn't meddle if he doesn't think the GM is just a patsy. It's more of a bad look of Lasry but it says a lot about Horst that this is how the trade transpired.

I'm absolutely shocked by this revelation

:D
Bucksfan28
General Manager

Post#1116 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:27 pm

Brogdon "elevating his game when it matters most" is a fallacy. He had one pretty good series against Toronto that actually somewhat lined up w/ his regular season averages unlike his abysmal 2018 Boston series (which, "he was coming back from injury," ok).

Just looked at his RS stats versus TOR/BOS/PHI/IND: 13.2pts, 43%FG, 32%3pt (1.3 makes/gm), and 3.3 assists. He actually fared better against the top four West teams, 16ppg ~37%3pt, but that's half the sample size. It's not what I would qualify as a player "elevating his game" to another level, especially not to the point of becoming one of the top 4-5 SGs in the league.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,161

Post#1117 » by DingleJerry » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:50 pm

But of everyone on the team last year if the ball was getting swung around the perimeter down 2 with under 40 seconds left who would you prefer ended up with the open 3? I know I'd take Brogdon and I wouldn't think twice.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,662

Post#1118 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:54 pm

Well, now Lasry deserves to have his comments from months ago about paying the tax plastered all over social media. "This is why we can't have nice things"........his words (allegedly), not mine.

:dontknow:
Bucksfan28
General Manager

Post#1119 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:04 pm

DingleJerry wrote:But of everyone on the team last year if the ball was getting swung around the perimeter down 2 with under 40 seconds left who would you prefer ended up with the open 3? I know I'd take Brogdon and I wouldn't think twice.

I think that point is at least debatable, Mids has made some clutch threes for the Bucks. I could support either one taking the shot.

But even if that's a point you're completely unwilling to concede on, that one thing does not validate the claim.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,161

Post#1120 » by DingleJerry » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:24 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:But of everyone on the team last year if the ball was getting swung around the perimeter down 2 with under 40 seconds left who would you prefer ended up with the open 3? I know I'd take Brogdon and I wouldn't think twice.

I think that point is at least debatable, Mids has made some clutch threes for the Bucks. I could support either one taking the shot.

But even if that's a point you're completely unwilling to concede on, that one thing does not validate the claim.

True. I just think whoever first made the point should've phrased it to focus on end of game close situations. That's where I've always felt comfortable with him.

Someone else can probably find a more specific last 2 or 5 mins stats. But I quickly found this on Bballreference, 4th Q shooting last year he was 55/48%
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks