Re: Trade for Chris Paul? 

Post#3 » by detroitKG » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:42 am

:nonono:
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#4 » by Neptune » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:55 am

Man, I can't do it with this team anymore man. How the hell cant we offer a deal better than Paul and some late 1st rounders. I seriously can't stand this teams lack of wanting to be competitive.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,751

Post#5 » by Snakebites » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:56 am

Neptune wrote:Man, I can't do it with this team anymore man. How the hell cant we offer a deal better than Paul and some late 1st rounders. I seriously can't stand this teams lack of wanting to be competitive.

The fact that this was the best the Thunder could get doesn't make you rethink Westbrook's value at all?
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,340

Post#6 » by buzzkilloton » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:02 am

Read on Twitter

As I wrote in the other thread we could become the Clippers East. Much older and not prime CP3/Blake, Drummond as DAJ, Kennard as Reddick, and Rose as the ghetto and much more injury prone Crawford. CP3/Blake/Rose you wont be seeing those guys healthy all season if this really happened.
coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#7 » by coordinator0 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:03 am

What is Basketball Rehab and why should we lend them any credence?
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#8 » by Snakebites » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:05 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
Read on Twitter

As I wrote in the other thread we could become the Clippers East. Much older and not prime CP3/Blake, Drummond as DAJ, Kennard as Reddick, and Rose as the ghetto and much more injury prone Crawford. CP3/Blake/Rose you wont be seeing those guys healthy all season if this really happened.

Oh god, here we go again. It never ends...
Neptune
Starter

Post#9 » by Neptune » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:05 am

Snakebites wrote:
Neptune wrote:Man, I can't do it with this team anymore man. How the hell cant we offer a deal better than Paul and some late 1st rounders. I seriously can't stand this teams lack of wanting to be competitive.

The fact that this was the best the Thunder could get doesn't make you rethink Westbrook's value at all?

I'm not concerned with his value, because its evident we could have offered a better deal. I'm concerned about this team competing. All I know is Westbrook is better than Jackson. Conley is better than Jackson. We couldn't get one? Our GM and owner dont know or understand how to make our team competitive and soon we'll be a joke just like the freaking Knicks!
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#10 » by Snakebites » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:07 am

Neptune wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

I'm not concerned with his value, because its evident we could have offered a better deal. I'm concerned about this team competing. All I know is Westbrook is better than Jackson. Conley is better than Jackson. We couldn't get one? Our GM and owner dont know or understand how to make our team competitive and soon we'll be a joke just like the freaking Knicks!

But the value is what it is for a reason. Doesn't that reason interest you at all?
Neptune
Starter

Post#11 » by Neptune » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:11 am

Snakebites wrote:
Neptune wrote:
Snakebites wrote:The fact that this was the best the Thunder could get doesn't make you rethink Westbrook's value at all?

But the value is what it is for a reason. Doesn't that reason interest you at all?

No, why would it interest me when we both know Westbrook will make our team better. Please explain why it interest you when we're both still looking at an average starting point-guard on our roster.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#12 » by Snakebites » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:13 am

Neptune wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
Neptune wrote:I'm not concerned with his value, because its evident we could have offered a better deal. I'm concerned about this team competing. All I know is Westbrook is better than Jackson. Conley is better than Jackson. We couldn't get one? Our GM and owner dont know or understand how to make our team competitive and soon we'll be a joke just like the freaking Knicks!

No, why would it interest me when we both know Westbrook will make our team better. Please explain why it interest you when we're both still looking at an average starting point-guard on our roster.

Because if he improves our team less than the over 30% of our cap he'd eat up and the assets we'd give up, it's not effective.

A new Prius would improve my life too. Doesn't mean I'd pay 100 grand and give up my dog for one.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,870

Post#13 » by MotownMadness » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:13 am

Snakebites wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
Read on Twitter

LMAO, just when you thought you were safe Snakes
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#14 » by mattao313 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:13 am

Snakebites wrote:
Neptune wrote:
Snakebites wrote:The fact that this was the best the Thunder could get doesn't make you rethink Westbrook's value at all?

Why would it? People said Blake griffin is a terrible contract had a great season. The trade would have made the team a legit contender in the East right now, we are in no mans land hoping for a rebuild in 2 years.
Championships
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#15 » by thesack12 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:14 am

Snakebites wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh man, this might actually turn out worse than a Russ trade.

Chris and Blake do NOT like each other
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#16 » by Snakebites » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:15 am

mattao313 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
Neptune wrote:I'm not concerned with his value, because its evident we could have offered a better deal. I'm concerned about this team competing. All I know is Westbrook is better than Jackson. Conley is better than Jackson. We couldn't get one? Our GM and owner dont know or understand how to make our team competitive and soon we'll be a joke just like the freaking Knicks!

Why would it? People said Blake griffin is a terrible contract had a great season. The trade would have made the team a legit contender in the East right now, we are in no mans land hoping for a rebuild in 2 years.

We improved by only a few games with Blake and lost draft picks and 30+ million in flexibility.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,870

Post#17 » by MotownMadness » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:19 am

mattao313 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

Why would it? People said Blake griffin is a terrible contract had a great season. The trade would have made the team a leg :oops: it contender in the East right now, we are in no mans land hoping for a rebuild in 2 years.

Im starting to see alot more posters equating bad contract means the player sucks type thing
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#18 » by mattao313 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:21 am

Snakebites wrote:
mattao313 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:But the value is what it is for a reason. Doesn't that reason interest you at all?

We improved by only a few games with Blake and lost draft picks and 30+ million in flexibility.

We traded 1 pick for a 25-8-6 player. Flexibility? as in what? Trading for bad contracts? The team hasn't shown any signs of a rebuild so idk where you are going with this flexibly stuff.
Championships
Neptune
Starter

Post#19 » by Neptune » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:22 am

Snakebites wrote:
Neptune wrote:
Snakebites wrote:But the value is what it is for a reason. Doesn't that reason interest you at all?

Because if he improves our team less than the over 30% of our cap he'd eat up and the assets we'd give up, it's not effective.

A new Prius would improve my life too. Doesn't mean I'd pay 100 grand and give up my dog for one.

Rockets gave up Paul and 2 1st rounders. We could have kept our assets and traded Jackson, Snell, Galloway, 2 1st rounders(both would have probably been better picks than the Rockets). Your boy Kennard and Sekuo would have been safe on our roster man. Who cares about the cap for the next two years, we could have rolled with Kennard and Sekuo as our assets to build around Westbrook, Blake and Drummond.

The fact is, our owner isnt about winning. He's complacent with 8th seed. He'll understand once Dre leaves and every player looks at this team like the Knicks.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#20 » by Snakebites » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:22 am

mattao313 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
mattao313 wrote:Why would it? People said Blake griffin is a terrible contract had a great season. The trade would have made the team a legit contender in the East right now, we are in no mans land hoping for a rebuild in 2 years.

We traded 1 pick for a 25-8-6 player. Flexibility? as in what? Trading for bad contracts? The team hasn't shown any signs of a rebuild so idk where you are going with this flexibly stuff.

Flexibility = opportunities. Opportunities have more value than a couple of wins improvement if you're not a contending team.

I swore I was going to stop explaining this, but here I go again.

Return to Detroit Pistons