Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Re: Trade for Westbrook? 

Post#861 » by thesack12 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:02 am

MotownMadness wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:We really need to trade Blake or find a way to get another star cause this is just gonna go nowhere and if he publicly wants out we are gonna get nothing back for him

He can opt out in two seasons.

I agree though we really should trade him. Teams are handing out future first rounders and pick swaps like candy right now for stars. We could be in position to be really good in the future if we moved him for that type of deal with some matching salary. His value is higher then Westbrook.

Theres no way in hell hes ever opting out of that deal. Either way though you really do have to go for it or tear it down.

Even thats hard though cause you have to spend your capspace and now the lottery odds are so whack the worst team in the league hardly even has a advantage there with the odds so spread out through the lottery

Eh, Blake has made a mountain of money is his career. Let alone all his endorsement revenue. I think when its time to make the option decision, I think its entirely reasonable that at that point in his career/life money won't be the biggest priority for him. I think he looks to latch on to a winning team.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#862 » by MotownMadness » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:04 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

I agree though we really should trade him. Teams are handing out future first rounders and pick swaps like candy right now for stars. We could be in position to be really good in the future if we moved him for that type of deal with some matching salary. His value is higher then Westbrook.

We're running out of teams that A) Have legit championship aspirations and are looking to get that last big piece to push them over the hump, and B) Have the right kind of assets remaining that Detroit would want in return.

Off the top of my head, Denver is one of those teams.

Blake for Milsap/Porter Jr/2020 1st/Pick swap in 2021.

Detroit gets cap relief, a young prospect, and draft considerations. Denver adds a legit star to make their run.

The Knicks are stockpiling 4s right now. The celtics struck out but not sure if their first rounders will every be worth anything. Magic were rumored to want Westbrook. How about Blake to the warriors in a Dlo deal? Suns/kings do dumb ****. Wolves wanted Westbrook. Hornets do dumb **** as well.

Yeah a package around Dlo and Blake is what i would be trying to work out. Blake fits their timeline and is the better player and Dlo fits better being in whatever we are cause hes forced too be here on a new deal and is still 22 years old.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,347

Post#863 » by buzzkilloton » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:05 am

thesack12 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

Theres no way in hell hes ever opting out of that deal. Either way though you really do have to go for it or tear it down.

Even thats hard though cause you have to spend your capspace and now the lottery odds are so whack the worst team in the league hardly even has a advantage there with the odds so spread out through the lottery

Eh, Blake has made a mountain of money is his career. Let alone all his endorsement revenue. I think when its time to make the option decision, I think its entirely reasonable that at that point in his career/life money won't be the biggest priority for him. I think he looks to latch on to a winning team.

I think it depends on how the next two years go. If hes healthy and playing at like 80% of last season by the end hes 100% opting out and heading somewhere warm.

Also agree the money may not even matter much to him at that point. He seems like the type of guy who would value where he lives and winning more then that extra money.
Detstones89
Freshman
And1: 20

Post#864 » by Detstones89 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:06 am

I hate Gores, I wish someone would have got him drunk like SVG must have done for the Griffen trade....
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#865 » by MotownMadness » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:06 am

thesack12 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

Were talking about 40 million dollars. Thats alot of money man and i just dont see it but who knows what will even be going on in the NBA by then. Two years time is such a change in the NBA, the sport has gone wild
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#866 » by mattao313 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:07 am

Detstones89 wrote:I hate Gores, I wish someone would have got him drunk like SVG must have done for the Griffen trade....

SVG would have made the trade guarantee you that.
Championships
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#867 » by buzzkilloton » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:07 am

MotownMadness wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
We're running out of teams that A) Have legit championship aspirations and are looking to get that last big piece to push them over the hump, and B) Have the right kind of assets remaining that Detroit would want in return.

Detroit gets cap relief, a young prospect, and draft considerations. Denver adds a legit star to make their run.

The Knicks are stockpiling 4s right now. The celtics struck out but not sure if their first rounders will every be worth anything. Magic were rumored to want Westbrook. How about Blake to the warriors in a Dlo deal? Suns/kings do dumb ****. Wolves wanted Westbrook. Hornets do dumb **** as well.

Yeah a package around Dlo and Blake is what i would be trying to work out. Blake fits their timeline and is the better player and Dlo fits better being in whatever we are cause hes forced too be here on a new deal and is still 22 years old.

Blake/Curry/Draymond/Klay is a pretty nasty lineup and would be a title contender if not the favs. Blake gets to go back to Cali as well. We get a pg who can stay here through a rebuild and we can hand the keys to the offense too.
Detstones89
Freshman
And1: 20

Post#868 » by Detstones89 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:08 am

mattao313 wrote:
Detstones89 wrote:I hate Gores, I wish someone would have got him drunk like SVG must have done for the Griffen trade....

It would have been done before any news broke that’s for sure.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#869 » by thesack12 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:10 am

MotownMadness wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Theres no way in hell hes ever opting out of that deal. Either way though you really do have to go for it or tear it down.

Were talking about 40 million dollars. Thats alot of money man and i just dont see it but who knows what will even be going on in the NBA by then. Two years time is such a change in the NBA, the sport has gone wild

I agree, who knows where the NBA will be then. The cap keeps going up every year. Chris Paul managed to get another max contract at age 33, so there is a chance Blake could actually get more money by opting out.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#870 » by MotownMadness » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:10 am

Detstones89 wrote:
mattao313 wrote:

It would have been done before any news broke that’s for sure.

It would have went down like the Game of Zones Blake trade, lol
thesack12
RealGM

Post#871 » by thesack12 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:12 am

MotownMadness wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

A Blake/DLo swap would be great. Just don't see the Warriors going for it.

Knicks are so desperate, they might be ripe to to get suckered
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#872 » by MotownMadness » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:16 am

thesack12 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

Knicks are so desperate, they might be a ripe to to get suckered

They might, DLo will want his own team soon and Curry is probably older then Blake at this point without his elite help
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#873 » by Kilo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:19 am

Well, at least with Westbrook not going to Miami we're probably still better than them and thus have a shot at the 7th seed and a better shot at getting in the playoffs and another two home gates.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
thesack12
RealGM

Post#874 » by thesack12 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:20 am

MotownMadness wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: Yeah a package around Dlo and Blake is what i would be trying to work out. Blake fits their timeline and is the better player and Dlo fits better being in whatever we are cause hes forced too be here on a new deal and is still 22 years old.

They might, DLo will want his own team soon and Curry is probably older then Blake at this point without his elite help

If they don't plan on maxing out Draymond, I could see them being interested in Blake.

Either way, I think its pretty clear GSW would be after win now pieces in a DLo trade.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#875 » by buzzkilloton » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:21 am

MotownMadness wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: Yeah a package around Dlo and Blake is what i would be trying to work out. Blake fits their timeline and is the better player and Dlo fits better being in whatever we are cause hes forced too be here on a new deal and is still 22 years old.

Blake makes more sense on that team then paying a bunch of money to DLO off the bench. Blake showed last season he can hit the 3 which is what the Warriors want in 4. He would be pretty deadly getting wide open look in that offense.
flow
Assistant Coach

Post#876 » by flow » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:27 am

MotownMadness wrote:
flow wrote:I feel for Rockets fans. That there is someone on earth who thinks Harden & Westbrook can share a court together is mystifying to me. It will be both entertaining and comical to watch. But that's it.

They just acquired the only contract more burdensome than CP3's, and they gave away two first rounders on top of it.

I would much rather have WestBrook then CP3. They are both bad contracts but still good players. WestBrook can get to the rim and create his own offense with a 20ppg triple double and is like 4 years younger.

All of that may be true. But chemistry-wise, it's a terrible fit. Harden & Westbrook are both high-usage, ball-dominant chuckers. Both need the ball in their hands. Both are useless playing off-ball. And both choke in the playoffs. The court is not big enough, and there aren't enough balls, for the both of them.
Houston may have improved slightly, but not enough to contend in the west. Meanwhile, they increased their financial burden and gave away two 1sts.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#877 » by MotownMadness » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:27 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

Blake makes more sense on that team then paying a bunch of money to DLO off the bench. Blake showed last season he can hit the 3 which is what the Warriors want in 4. He would be pretty deadly getting wide open look in that offense.

Blake was right behind Luka in the top 3 i believe in step back 3s so he definitely would help and i kinda see him as more of a modern day 5 then a 4 anymore anyways.

Plus GS said DLo wasnt in their long term plans i thought pretty much right after getting him i believe
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,685

Post#878 » by Cowology » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:34 am

Lol @ Houston. Thank God that wasnt us. :lol:
thesack12
RealGM

Post#879 » by thesack12 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:34 am

MotownMadness wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: They might, DLo will want his own team soon and Curry is probably older then Blake at this point without his elite help

Blake was right behind Luka in the top 3 i believe in step back 3s so he definitely would help and i kinda see him as more of a modern day 5 then a 4 anymore anyways.

Plus GS said DLo wasnt in their long term plans i thought pretty much right after getting him i believe

Can't disagree with any of this.

However, I just don't see how the Warriors can have Curry/Klay/Blake/Draymond all on max contracts. As I mentioned before, if they don't plan on maxing Draymond I think it would up their interest level in Blake. Still, Draymond is like their Tayshaun Prince on steroids. He's the glue guy that does their dirty work like Tay was for us, but Draymond is a lot better with a more refined/skillful overall game.

Warriors would take a huge hit not having Draymond on their team.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#880 » by Neptune » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:35 am

Dang this team is terrible! We had our star guard right there and did nothing again! If Dumars was here we would have traded for him. This dude Ed is joke!

Return to Detroit Pistons