ImageImageImage

Trade for Westbrook?

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,871

Re: Trade for Westbrook? 

Post#881 » by MotownMadness » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:39 am

Heres the other thing when we trade for a guy. He needs to be flawed and we need to rehab them. Look at Blake, Mook even Tobias was considered a mistake contract by the Magic.

This perfect star we are waiting for would cost a fortune. You gotta find them while their value is low for one reason or another in Detroit.

This felt like one of those opportunities to me where we could have brought in a All NBA star while his value is down. Cause if it wasn't down then theres no way we are even in the convo to begin with.
Scout Taron
Veteran
And1: 393

Post#882 » by Scout Taron » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:43 am

MotownMadness wrote:Heres the other thing when we trade for a guy. He needs to be flawed and we need to rehab them. Look at Harris, Mook even Tobias was considered a mistake contract by the Magic.

This perfect star we are waiting for would cost a fortune. You gotta find them while their value is low for one reason or another in Detroit.

This felt like one of those opportunities to me where we could have brought in a All NBA star while his value is down. Cause if it wasn't down then theres no way we are even in the convo to begin with.

Yep! There are no slam dunks. We don't have the assets to get a slam dunk. Now we're just meandering along the same fringe playoff path
pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,543

Post#883 » by pistonsbball » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:45 am

theBigLip wrote:Need to trade Dre before we trade Blake. If we could get a couple of reliable shooters for Dre (and pick up a servicable big man), we might actually be a home court playoff team.

This. Move Dre, move Galloway, move Reggie and see what we can do until Blake expires.
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,084

Post#884 » by NYPiston » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:48 am

Thank fn god. Let Houston deal with that headache and watch them implode.

I know that some people will be disappointed but this is for the best. I wouldn't have minded taking a shot at Westbrook if he had 2 years left on his contract but 4 years? Hell nah
NYPiston
Analyst

Post#885 » by NYPiston » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:54 am

8-)
mattao313 wrote:lol We could have got him smh. I guess I gotta take a break from the Pistons. Battling for the 8th seed again.

It was never going to happen. Presti was trying to accommodate Westbrook so the Pistons were out the moment they were working on a deal to send Westbrook to his preferred destination.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#886 » by Neptune » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:55 am

NYPiston wrote:Thank fn god. Let Houston deal with that headache and watch them implode.

I know that some people will be disappointed but this is for the best.

People say this and the Pistons will be an 8th seed team again. No improvement. I'll take the headache, if we're winning, if we have a good coach and good teammates.

This organization has gotten soft and is losing the reason why I liked the Pistons.
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#887 » by dVs33 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:58 am

Hahaha came here to say the exact same thing. I saw the trade and was so relieved
Cowology wrote:Lol @ Houston. Thank God that wasnt us.

Sent from my CPH1707 using RealGM mobile app
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#888 » by Manocad » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:03 am

zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,638

Post#889 » by zeebneeb » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:07 am

Yeah thank god we didnt take a chance at all and can all look forward to yet another pointless season, without anything to look forward to.

15th pick! Probably wont play a lot, but hey! Who cares when we have exact sameness to look forward to!

Yay!
NYPiston
Analyst

Post#890 » by NYPiston » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:08 am

Neptune wrote:
NYPiston wrote:people will .

People say this and the Pistons will be an 8th seed team again. No improvement. I'll take the headache, if we're winning, if we have a good coach and good teammates.

This organization has gotten soft and is losing the reason why I liked the Pistons.

As opposed to being a 4th or 5th seed and 2nd round fodder and locked into 4 years of enormous salary for a declining player. Dude couldn't get out of the 1st round with arguably a better supporting cast, what could he do here as a declining player? He's also a malcontent who has a history of teammates souring on him.

It doesn't matter anyway. Presti was sending him to a team he desired so Detroit was never in it. No reason to cry about what ifs because it wasn't happening.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#891 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:09 am

Perfection doesn’t exist. I’m hoping we tried but WB said no To Detroit.
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#892 » by zeebneeb » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:10 am

NYPiston wrote:
Neptune wrote:
NYPiston wrote:people will .

As opposed to being a 4th or 5th seed and 2nd round fodder and locked into 4 years of enormous salary for a declining player. Dude couldn't get out of the 1st round with arguably a better supporting cast, what could he do here as a declining player? He's also a malcontent who has a history of teammates souring on him.

It doesn't matter anyway. Presti was sending him to a team he desired so Detroit was never in it. No reason to cry about what ifs because it wasn't happening.
Then what is your solution? I honestly want to hear from those who are happy the team didnt improve.

What exactly are you expecting now?

1.)accept that we are going to have another mediocre season?

2.)hope the team restarts trading everyone off for picks?(I am all for this)

I'm at a loss how anyone can be happy to stand pat with the current roster.
JNewton
Veteran
And1: 180

Post#893 » by JNewton » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:12 am

Neptune wrote:
NYPiston wrote:Thank fn god. Let Houston deal with that headache and watch them implode.

That's kind of the point - ride out this dumpster fire and begin a meaningful rebuild in 2 years when the books finally clear up. The ceiling with Westbrook would have been getting hammered by Milwaukee or Philly in the 2nd round and then cap hell for another decade. So far Stefanski and co. have exceeded my expectations.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,045

Post#894 » by Laimbeer » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:13 am

zeebneeb wrote:
NYPiston wrote:
Neptune wrote:People say this and the Pistons will be an 8th seed team again. No improvement. I'll take the headache, if we're winning, if we have a good coach and good teammates.

Then what is your solution? I honestly want to hear from those who are happy the team didnt improve.

Yeah, I wish we'd gone one way or the other. I'm looking forward to the NBA season, but honestly have next to zero interest in seeing the same team again.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#895 » by mattao313 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:13 am

zeebneeb wrote:Yeah thank god we didnt take a chance at all and can all look forward to yet another pointless season, without anything to look forward to.

15th pick! Probably wont play a lot, but hey! Who cares when we have exact sameness to look forward to!

Yay!

This team is going nowhere. We gonna run it back with the same crappy 8th seed team that got embarrassed by Milwaukee. I honestly dont understand these guys that run some of these NBA teams.
Championships
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#896 » by zeebneeb » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:13 am

One more thing I want to point out;

Those happy saying we didnt get westbrook are stating;

"Maybe 4th or 5th seed no chance at a title" may have been right, but you could have been wrong. Who knows just how good the team could have been, you dont know for sure.

On the other hand, I know for sure standing pat means another pointless season. There is no mystery at all.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,045

Post#897 » by Laimbeer » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:14 am

JNewton wrote:
Neptune wrote:

That's kind of the point - ride out this dumpster fire and begin a meaningful rebuild in 2 years when the books finally clear up. The ceiling with Westbrook would have been getting hammered by Milwaukee or Philly in the 2nd round and then cap hell for another decade. So far Stefanski and co. have exceeded my expectations.

Why wait two years to start? I know, I know - Gores won't let us tear it down.
NYPiston
Analyst

Post#898 » by NYPiston » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:25 am

zeebneeb wrote:
NYPiston wrote:
Neptune wrote:People say this and the Pistons will be an 8th seed team again. No improvement. I'll take the headache, if we're winning, if we have a good coach and good teammates.

I've been hoping for them to sell off their big contracts for futures for a few years now. Trade Andre and surround Blake with shooters for starters. Get Reggie and Galloway outta here by any means then when Blake opts out in a 2 years, hopefully they have a bunch of young assets to build around.

Bringing in Westbrook would have simply delayed the purgatory another few years, a 30+ year old Westbrook would not have made them a championship contender. I'm sick of them bringing in band aids, this would have been another one and a very expensive one at that.
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#899 » by zeebneeb » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:43 am

NYPiston wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
NYPiston wrote:

I've been hoping for them to sell off their big contracts for futures for a few years now. Trade Andre and surround Blake with shooters for starters. Get Reggie and Galloway outta here by any means then when Blake opts out in a 2 years, hopefully they have a bunch of young assets to build around.

Bringing in Westbrook would have simply delayed the purgatory another few years, a 30+ year old Westbrook would not have made them a championship contender. I'm sick of them bringing in band aids, this would have been another one and a very expensive one at that.
I honestly would be happy with this but, it's not what is happening! That's why I'm pissed off here.

Those glad we didnt get Westbrook are absolutely NOT going to get what they want either, so not getting westbrook is worse!

There is no compromise here. No one is going to be happy, while someone else sad.

We are all sad becuase there will be no rebuild, and there will be no risky acquisitions.

This team is just going to be more of the same.

Sadness, all around.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#900 » by Manocad » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:47 am

zeebneeb wrote:One more thing I want to point out;

Those happy saying we didnt get westbrook are stating;

"Maybe 4th or 5th seed no chance at a title" may have been right, but you could have been wrong. Who knows just how good the team could have been, you dont know for sure.

On the other hand, I know for sure standing pat means another pointless season. There is no mystery at all.

I'll give you my answer...I want almost this entire team gone. Kennard and Brown get one more year; without showing signs of growth/improvement--dump 'em. I'll suffer the bad seasons if it's happening due to the entire team being made up of young, developing players. That's just my personal preference.

I've seen mountains of Pistons, Wings and Tigers playoffs games in my life; squeaking in and getting nowhere close to a championship doesn't mean jack s**t to me. To all the people who think "You just need to get in and you've got a shot if if if if if if if if if"--BS. In the NFL? Yeah. NHL? Eh. NBA? Since 1947 a #1 or #2 seed hasn't won the championship eight times. And those eight times? Six #3's, one #4 and one #6.

Return to Detroit Pistons