ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets Sign DeAndre Jordan ($40 million/4 years)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Re: Nets Sign DeAndre Jordan ($40 million/4 years) 

Post#121 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:28 pm

One of the reasons I'd like to put forward for Allen starting is he had such a good rapport with Levert last season. They seemed to click really well together.

I'd keep him in to start, along with Rodi, then switch to Chandler/Jordan as the game progressed. Rodi and Allen will be way faster and should be a good pairing with Irving and Caris. Then Chandler and Jordan can be more physical along with Dinwiddie and Prince controlling the tempo.

I trust Kenny will put it all together though.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#122 » by 3pt_chucker » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:01 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:One of the reasons I'd like to put forward for Allen starting is he had such a good rapport with Levert last season. They seemed to click really well together.

I'd keep him in to start, along with Rodi, then switch to Chandler/Jordan as the game progressed. Rodi and Allen will be way faster and should be a good pairing with Irving and Caris. Then Chandler and Jordan can be more physical along with Dinwiddie and Prince controlling the tempo.

I trust Kenny will put it all together though.

Agreed, I like that lineup to start:
Kyrie
LeVert
Harris
Rodi
Allen

That's a quick and athletic lineup. On Defense, LeVert can guard the best guard. Joe can defend most SF. If Rodi continues to grow, he can definitely guard the 4 and get steals/deflections(remember end of season Det game?!) and Allen controls the paint.

On Offense, Kyrie and LeVert are the ball handlers/iso guys with Harris and Rodi alternating between spotting up and slashing/cutting. Allen x Kyrie/LeVert running PnRs, dump of passes etc.

That's really exciting!

Against bigger teams like the sixers/jazz/denver, Jordan/Chandler/Prince prob gets more mins.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#123 » by Paradise » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:47 pm

DeAndre says he loves the Nets culture and taking subway rides.

The addition of Jordan, Durant, and Kyrie Irving (fellow vegan and Beyond Meat investor) to the Nets has suddenly made the team one of the most exciting in the NBA, and definitely more dynamic than their crosstown rivals, the Knicks.
The Knicks had tried to attract top talent, but failed spectacularly during free agency this summer. Jordan, who spent the last months of the 2018-2019 playing for the Knicks, said that the culture the Brooklyn Nets have been building has been attractive. "Not to knock the culture the Knicks are creating," he said, "but we like what [Nets coach] Kenny [Atkinson]'s doing and [general manager] Sean [Marks]'s been awesome and the organization, from top to bottom, has been great. So you want to be a part of something like that, especially when you have a chance to play with other great players and build something."

The 6'11" Houston native is embracing his new town. "I love that you can walk everyone," Jordan enthused. "I've become a huge fan of the subway, even though I've gotten lost... well, not lost, but went the wrong direction on the subway a couple of times."

Jordan has previously linked his interest in going vegan to being conscious of his body as an athlete. He told CloseUp360, "For me, I care about my body, so whatever I put in it, I want it to be good to where I want to produce that. I'm a true believer in whatever I put in my body, that's what I'm going to produce."

https://amp.gothamist.com/amp/articles/create?article_id=5d3b155cfa7735000188ecd9&__twitter_impression=true
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#124 » by Prokorov » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:30 pm

Excited for Jordan... our backup unit will no longer have to rely on isolation from dinwiddie. Davis was ana wesome teamamte and rebounded well but offensively he coudlnt operate in the pick and roll. when alen went to the bench it made us so much easier to gaurd.

Jordan is a shell of what he was, but he can still screen and roll and is always a dunk threat underneath
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,540

Post#125 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:21 am

And hopefully he can help on the defensive glass. I feel like we have up way too many offensive rebounds last season.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise

Post#126 » by Paradise » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:14 pm

DeAndre is going to be a fun addition to the culture.

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#127 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:30 am

Paradise wrote:DeAndre is going to be a fun addition to the culture.

Read on Twitter

Seems like he'll fit right in.

The thing is, we're not asking him to do much. rebound, get a block or two, and finish on those in the lane catches.

Jarrett Allen is heading into year 3 and I think Claxton is going to really surprise some folks. his skillset with his measurements is kind of crazy tbh, how we ended up with him in round 2 i dunno.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#128 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:03 am

Stumbled upon this, pretty fun:

Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#129 » by Lamak » Sun Dec 8, 2019 10:44 pm

we are the new lob city, or at least getting there. Lakers throw a lot of lobs as well
Brooklyn Nets
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#130 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 9, 2019 1:44 pm

Jordan is quietly averaging 8ppg 9rpg 2apg 1bpg on 70% FG and is posting a PER of 22.

He started off slowly but DJ is giving us everything that we need as the back up to Jarrett Allen. I'm thrilled about what we're getting at the center position. Both players are hitting the boards hard.

Paradise

Post#131 » by Paradise » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:38 pm

B/R details the bond between Kyrie, KD and DJ.

The players have helped each other through NBA problems, too.

Late in the summer of 2015, after Jordan famously reversed course on the Mavericks, spurning them at the last second and instead re-signing with Los Angeles, he was shocked by the wave of negative energy that emanated from social media. Everything from typical NBA trash talk to death threats rolled in. Like a "dumbass," he says, he read through it all.

One message might read, "We're so glad you came back to the Clippers!" The next: "F--k you, I hope you die!" Jordan stared at his phone dumbfounded and hurt. He questioned himself. "I started to think, 'Damn, am I a bad person? Maybe I'm a bad guy, that I did this to these people.'"

Jordan is a people pleaser, and all that negativity—coming from, of all places, his home state of Texas—weighed on him. "I'm not going to say I went into a depression," he says, "but it definitely was a dark time for me during the rest of that summer."

"He was an outlet for me," Jordan says. The big man would show Durant some of the worst messages he received, which Durant downplayed. "He's like, 'Man, f--k that. Do you know them?'" Jordan recalls. "I'm like, 'No.' He's like, 'Well then, whatever. Go out there and hoop.'" The support was much-needed during a vulnerable time in Jordan's career. "That just shows me how much he cared about me as a person," Jordan says. "I always feel like I owe him for that."

”You're my friend before you're my co-worker," he told KD. "You told me the same: 'So what, who cares?' You made a decision you thought was best for Kevin."

"We've been through a ton of s--t," Jordan says. "We didn't care about any backlash or any talk. We've all been through that, so how bad is it going to be?"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2868495-weve-been-through-a-ton-of-sh-t-why-kd-kyrie-needed-deandre-jordan
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#132 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:37 pm

DJ is a great ambassador for Brooklyn, and a vital component in our locker room.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,230

Post#133 » by Papi_swav » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:00 pm

So glad this dude turned it around, he was playing bad early on and I thought this was going to be one of those bad contracts that we're stuck with for a few years.He's playing tremendous and have great chemistry with the guys. Hope he can keep this up for when KD gets back.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#134 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:08 pm

DJ has been a perfect culture fit

Return to Brooklyn Nets