Igoudala trade ideas

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Re: Igoudala trade ideas 

Post#41 » by Apz » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:58 am

Ifthey really want to get rid of him or he doesnt want to be there, and no good trades shows I'm pretty sure they take Lee for Iggy incase they wanna buy him out anyway, saves them some money
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#42 » by E S V L » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:25 pm

VCfor3 wrote:Feels like the Rockets may need Iggy a bit more after swapping Paul for Westbrook.

Same thoughts
FK NFL
E S V L
Analyst

Post#43 » by E S V L » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:27 pm

Apz wrote:Ifthey really want to get rid of him or he doesnt want to be there, and no good trades shows I'm pretty sure they take Lee for Iggy incase they wanna buy him out anyway, saves them some money

They are not under any kind of pressure with Igoudala, so I think they are going to wait for a good offer up to the deadline.
FK NFL
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#44 » by BullyKing » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:44 pm

E S V L wrote:
Apz wrote:Ifthey really want to get rid of him or he doesnt want to be there, and no good trades shows I'm pretty sure they take Lee for Iggy incase they wanna buy him out anyway, saves them some money

They are not under any kind of pressure with Igoudala, so I think they are going to wait for a good offer up to the deadline.

You're not going to get anything at the deadline for him and will end up buying him out. Teams simply do not have that type of matching salary very often. I think we all underestimate how much harder it is to make big money trades in season.

Look at the offers discussed on the last couple of pages. A sign and trade for Shump to make the salary work, not possible at the deadline unless Morey goes full ham and signs him to a big deal for no purpose other than potentially trading him later along with four minimum contract guys. Memphis is not going to be able to open up five roster spots to make that work midseason. Or taking in three or four players from the Lakers, same problem.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
E S V L
Analyst

Post#45 » by E S V L » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:56 pm

BullyKing wrote:
E S V L wrote:

You're not going to get anything at the deadline for him and will end up buying him out. Teams simply do not have that type of matching salary very often. I think we all underestimate how much harder it is to make big money trades in season.

Look at the offers discussed on the last couple of pages. A sign and trade for Shump to make the salary work, not possible at the deadline unless Morey goes full ham and signs him to a big deal for no purpose other than potentially trading him later along with four minimum contract guys. Memphis is not going to be able to open up five roster spots to make that work midseason. Or taking in three or four players from the Lakers, same problem.

Memphis should be materially incentivised to let Igoudala play for a contender, either by Igoudala itself or by his new team; otherwise, Memphis will just let his contract expire.

I am not necessarily 100% convinced that there will be a fewer opportunities at the deadline. Many teams are going "all in" in this season and Igouadla is a very rare 100% valuable peace for any contender to immediately become significantly better in PO. Memphis may be more than ready to accept bad contracts, like James Johnson, if good assets are attached.
FK NFL
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#46 » by BullyKing » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:13 pm

E S V L wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
E S V L wrote:

Memphis should be materially incentivised to let Igoudala play for a contender, either by Igoudala itself or by his new team; otherwise, Memphis will just let his contract expire.

I am not necessarily 100% convinced that there will be a fewer opportunities at the deadline. Many teams are going "all in" in this season and Igouadla is a very rare 100% valuable peace for any contender to immediately become significantly better in PO. Memphis may be more than ready to accept bad contracts, like James Johnson, if good assets are attached.

He's really not as rare as you're making him out to be and you're sort of making my point. The Heat have apron issues and so they can't just trade James Johnson for Igoudala. The deal would have to be expanded and thus more complicated (and that's aside from the question of whether the Heat are really going to trade their 2025 1st for this). Memphis made an absolutely fantastic trade to get him but the fact that the Warriors paid so much to get rid of him and couldn't trade him for a lesser salary which they could then dump for a lesser price has to tell you a little something about the market for Iggy on that contract.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
E S V L
Analyst

Post#47 » by E S V L » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:02 pm

BullyKing wrote:He's really not as rare as you're making him out to be and you're sort of making my point. The Heat have apron issues and so they can't just trade James Johnson for Igoudala. The deal would have to be expanded and thus more complicated (and that's aside from the question of whether the Heat are really going to trade their 2025 1st for this). Memphis made an absolutely fantastic trade to get him but the fact that the Warriors paid so much to get rid of him and couldn't trade him for a lesser salary which they could then dump for a lesser price has to tell you a little something about the market for Iggy on that contract.

I see you point. What can I add. If you are right re the market for Igoudala, then I would definitely take Lee + 2nd. But if FO has reasonable grounds to believe that significantly better opportunities will likely arise down the road, I would support their hypothetical decision to wait for them. At the end of the day, the profits from the Lee trade are not so great to be really afraid of loosing them.
FK NFL
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#48 » by K_chile22 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:44 pm

According to Stein's tweet they currently have no offers with FRPs
E S V L
Analyst

Post#49 » by E S V L » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:55 pm

K_chile22 wrote:According to Stein's tweet they currently have no offers with FRPs

No FROs - no Igoudala trade
FK NFL
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#50 » by K_chile22 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:04 pm

E S V L wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:According to Stein's tweet they currently have no offers with FRPs

We'll see how long they hold out on that. Can't imagine Andre is too happy there. Them leaking this is an obvious play to try and get teams to raise offers
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#51 » by BullyKing » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:10 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
E S V L wrote:

We'll see how long they hold out on that. Can't imagine Andre is too happy there. Them leaking this is an obvious play to try and get teams to raise offers

Yeah, seems like an obvious bluff to me as well. I've already explained why I don't think the offers are likely to improve later on in the season but I'd also add that you play a dangerous game when you hang onto people that don't want to be there. I wouldn't be surprised if some agents and players had the opinion that they received a lot of compensation for taking on his salary, he's a respected veteran, Memphis is rebuilding, and they shouldn't hold him hostage at this point in his career. I'm not saying that I necessarily agree with all of that but I could see it rubbing some people in the game the wrong way.
NYSixersFan wrote:
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#52 » by K_chile22 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:14 pm

BullyKing wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:
E S V L wrote:

Yeah, seems like an obvious bluff to me as well. I've already explained why I don't think the offers are likely to improve later on in the season but I'd also add that you play a dangerous game when you hang onto people that don't want to be there. I wouldn't be surprised if some agents and players had the opinion that they received a lot of compensation for taking on his salary, he's a respected veteran, Memphis is rebuilding, and they shouldn't hold him hostage at this point in his career. I'm not saying that I necessarily agree with all of that but I could see it rubbing some people in the game the wrong way.
Yeah I can see that. At the end of the day you already got a lightly protected first. Keeping Andre hostage to try and get 2 FRP for eating like $14M would not look good to agents and players. Maybe someone bites and they prove us wrong, but feels like they're getting greedy if those offers just aren't out there
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,831

Post#53 » by Vae Victus » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:34 pm

These trades are unrealistic. No one is trading a FRP for Iggy, and MEM would be hard pressed to even get a SRP + taking back less money.

Iggy will get bought out and prolly give back 3mil and that will be that. Iggy gets most of his money, and signs with a contender, prolly the Lakers.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#54 » by K_chile22 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:46 pm

Vae Victus wrote:These trades are unrealistic. No one is trading a FRP for Iggy, and MEM would be hard pressed to even get a SRP + taking back less money.

Iggy will get bought out and prolly give back 3mil and that will be that. Iggy gets most of his money, and signs with a contender, prolly the Lakers.
They for sure can get that much back with 2nds. The rockets and Mavs are for sure offering that, though I think it's possible Andre doesn't want to go to Dallas
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#55 » by NoZoLakers » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:38 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
E S V L wrote:

than thats Iggy's problem, he better start lowering his buy out $ then
bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#56 » by bigmean » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:37 am

Andre Iguodala , and kyle anderson for dion waiters derrick jones and kelly olynyk

Salary almost perfectly match

Two solid role players for miami hopefully eventually compliment butler, bam and paul? Both these guys p Zaza ayed winning ball and position versatily iguodala the 2/3 and slow mo 1/4

memphis get stretch big and perhaps a volume scorer off the bench in waiters i like derrick jones to compliment the youth movement
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#57 » by SD2042 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:55 am

bigmean wrote:Andre Iguodala , and kyle anderson for dion waiters derrick jones and kelly olynyk

Salary almost perfectly match

Two solid role players for miami hopefully eventually compliment butler, bam and paul? Both these guys p Zaza ayed winning ball and position versatily iguodala the 2/3 and slow mo 1/4

memphis get stretch big and perhaps a volume scorer off the bench in waiters i like derrick jones to compliment the youth movement

The Heat are on the record for wanting to keep Derrick Jones. There was the deal from last week that would've landed Dragic in Dallas. However, the Heat called it off when the Mavs asked for Derrick Jones.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#58 » by SD2042 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:15 am

Trade #1

Iggy and Rabb

TO

Blazers for K. Bazemore and future 2022 second round pick

Iggy gives Blazers expiring contract, veteran and championship experience and defense. Rabb gives the Blazers more depth at PF and has more opportunity to improve and develop his game.

Bazemore has an expiring contract. effective in transition, a slasher, defender, plays between SG/SF positions.

Trade #2 Iggy and Rabb

TO

Phx for T. Johnson and a future 2024 second pick

Iggy gives Blazers expiring contract, veteran and championship experience and defense. Rabb gives the Suns more depth at PF and has more opportunity to improve and develop his game.

TJ gives the Grizzlies an expiring contract, transition offense and athleticism at the SG/PG positions
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#59 » by K_chile22 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:22 am

This is more of a fun idea than a realistic trade, but say Rockets and Thunder hold off a month to make their deal for this to work:

Rockets out:
CP3, whatever picks were in the deal, all their minimum guys (Chiozza, Frazier, Hartenstein, Clark, Deyonta Davis) all fully guaranteed except for 1 who is only 100k guaranteed, 2 2nd rounders

Rockets get:
Westbrook, Andre

OKC sends: Russ, fake 2nd or fake draft rights for touching rules
OKC receives: Paul, picks from original deal, fake asset for touching

Memphis sends: Andre, fake matching asset
OKC receives: Houston's minimum guys (totalling $6M guaranteed), 2 Houston 2nds

Memphis saves over $11 million dollars and essentially ends up with that GSW 1st and two 2nds to eat just $6M in salary (and two of those guys have given good NBA minutes) which is kinda absurd
Memphis would actually carve out some cap space to sign guys to 4 year deals if they find someone like Cabocolo again or want to trade for a small salary
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,462

Post#60 » by jayjaysee » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:58 pm

K_chile22 wrote:This is more of a fun idea than a realistic trade, but say Rockets and Thunder hold off a month to make their deal for this to work:

Rockets out:
CP3, whatever picks were in the deal, all their minimum guys (Chiozza, Frazier, Hartenstein, Clark, Deyonta Davis) all fully guaranteed except for 1 who is only 100k guaranteed, 2 2nd rounders

Rockets get:
Westbrook, Andre

OKC sends: Russ, fake 2nd or fake draft rights for touching rules
OKC receives: Paul, picks from original deal, fake asset for touching

Memphis sends: Andre, fake matching asset
OKC receives: Houston's minimum guys (totalling $6M guaranteed), 2 Houston 2nds

Memphis saves over $11 million dollars and essentially ends up with that GSW 1st and two 2nds to eat just $6M in salary (and two of those guys have given good NBA minutes) which is kinda absurd
Memphis would actually carve out some cap space to sign guys to 4 year deals if they find someone like Cabocolo again or want to trade for a small salary

Not Iggy, because of his huge salary..

But Jae would have easily been able to toss in a deal like this and would have been worth the cost imo

Return to Trades and Transactions