Chicago Bulls

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

the_other_guy
Junior
And1: 305

Re: Chicago Bulls 

Post#61 » by the_other_guy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:26 am

10th seed at best, 35wins.
udfa
Starter
And1: 2,821

Post#62 » by udfa » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:52 am

baldur wrote:
udfa wrote:Chicago will not make the playoffs, but they probably will gain around 10 wins that will ruin their draft position. That wouldn't be so bad if the wins came from the development of their young guys, but instead the wins are mostly going to come from Porter, Young and Sato.

They should trade all three of the above as early as possible.

did you notice that chicago lost 3 spots in the lottery draw even though they were a bottom 4 team with 20ish wins? flattened odds dont favour a lot anymore being a bottom team as they used to.

Yes that's true, the flattened odds have significantly lowered the value of losses for non-playoff teams. That said, for a team that is not going to make the playoffs, if your wins aren't coming from the improvement of developing players they're doing more harm than good. The Bulls might pick up a dozen more wins this year but if those additional wins come mostly from the production of Porter, Young and Sato rather than the improvement of LaVine, Dunn, Markkanen and Carter, their long-term prospects do not brighten. I expect that will be the situation the Bulls face. Their record will be much better but still not close to 8th and the improved record will be illusory.
TheWhiteMamba
Junior
And1: 344

Post#63 » by TheWhiteMamba » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:09 am

Our team is not going anywhere, short term, mid term and longterm, at least with Reinsdorf and GarPax.
I'm Italian, forgive me if my English is not good.
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#64 » by Axolotl » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:37 am

I'm not expecting the Bulls to make the playoffs. I would be pleasantly surprised if they did, because that would likely mean LaVine and Markkanen taking the next step, and that the Bulls roughly double their win count.

Wendell Carter Jr was out for a large portion of the season, and has now had surgery that basically means a no-training offseason for him until maybe training camp. He may be in worse basketball shape to start the season than he was as a rookie. The backup centers are fairly weak.

The Bulls have no proven backup small forward. Otto Porter Jr is likely to miss games, and Valentine and Hutchison are question marks.

Coby White is a project. Promising, but a project nevertheless.

On the plus side, I believe Satoransky, LaVine, Porter and Markkanen to play well together, and the bench should be stonger than the G-league outfit from last season.

All that said, the Bulls should win 32+, if they are reasonably healthy. Increasing win count by 10+ is no mean feat.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
contestedlayups
Sixth Man
And1: 1,490

Post#65 » by contestedlayups » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:38 pm

They will not make the playoffs, but they will be more competitive. Somehow they were able to sign free agents this offseason, which was a shock to the organization, team, Michael Jordan, Benny the Bull, and its fans.
Subscribe to Contested Layups on iTunes or Google Play!

Itunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/contested-layups/id1331840924
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#66 » by The_Hater » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:44 pm

watpho71 wrote:Are the Chicago Bulls a playoff team for the upcoming 2019-20 NBA season?

Jumping from 23 wins to 40-43 isn’t going to be easy.

Possible, But I still have them on the outside.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#67 » by ChettheJet » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:41 pm

I think they're a 7-8 playoff team if they got all the injuries out of the way last year and face it, EVERYBODY got injured. I'm surprised some of the coaches weren't on crutches. I also see a different lineup than most pessimists

Dunn White Satoransky Arcidiacono
Lavine Valentine Satoransky
Carter Kornet Gafford Felicio
Porter Hutchison Valentine
Markkanen Young Porter Gafford

Since Boylen has given Dunn the green light I think he's going to step up so either he can be a factor here this year and resign as a 6th man or show enough to get himself traded to a team that has a need. I see Porter as the team leader being a steadying influence. I think Lavine should get to 25 PPG and Markkanen 20 PPG which will take a lot of pressure off of Dunn. I believe they will sort out the rotation by the trade deadline when they'll be in a position to move some of the guys not working out. People talk about defense but maybe they have a scheme that will work or they can just try to outscore opponents which would be a major change.
pwrshft99
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,078

Post#68 » by pwrshft99 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:09 pm

The who??

I spent 25 years loving the Bulls but I won't watch single game again this season. Playoffs? Why? Making the playoffs will cost a draft pick, which is essential to the 30 year rebuilding plan the front office is putting together.

The 13 year veteran guy they signed? Why?? Take developmental minutes away from young guys thirsty for floor time, in the hopes of reaping the profits of two home playoffs games.

John Paxson and Gar Foreman have no business being in the NBA. They have unmatched job security in the front office and have not at any time shown a glimpse of promise in assembling a team to that can compete for a conference championship let alone a ring.

No front office fires 5 head coaches and still keeps their position. 3 of the 5 were 'their guys'. 4 of them are out of the league.

Treadmill, lottery team going on a decade...and no all star to represent your team in your town this year.

John Paxson is a Little Ceasers manager somehow running Giordano's.

People rip the Knicks...please. The Knicks have always been who they were. This franchise had the mirage of prestige during the MJ years. Despite the history of the great city of Chicago, with fans that will adore you...the Bulls can not land even a meeting with a marquee talent.
Look at the movement this off season. Not a single time was Chicago mentioned as a potential destination or even as leverage. No one wants to play for this front office when there are so many other teams out there with people in charge that can relate to player they put on the floor.

**** you John Paxson. I wish you missed that 3 in Phoenix, the past 20 years never would have happened. MJ would have saved us in game 7 and punched you in the face like your name was Kerr.

The Bulls logo makes me ill now. I try not to look. It's like bumping into your ex wife at the gas station...and she's pregnant.
#sadbullsfan
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#69 » by dakomish23 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:10 pm

Not sure if mentioned, but are they a possible Gallo destination?

Felicio 2 1sts (1-10?) Dunn Hutch Valentine

Tomas White
Lavine
OPJ Gallo (switch them if you prefer)
Lauri Young
WCJ

That looks like a playoff team
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#70 » by bulliedog8 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:01 pm

Bulls will make the playoffs. Don’t see many teams better than them. 7-8 seed first round 5 game series.

2nd round in 2020-21

Giannis and a title 2021-22
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,555

Post#71 » by jpengland » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:33 pm

Yep.

Thad Young is a huge pick up and Satoransky helps a lot.

Defense should be decent and they have some firepower. Coaching will be key though.

Lauri could have a breakout year
facothomas22
Veteran
And1: 1,595

Post#72 » by facothomas22 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:45 pm

No.The Bulls really only got sightly better this off season by a adding Young and Tomas White to their team. Zack Lavine is very good and maybe another leap towards being a all star next season,but I can't say it's a sure thing that he will improve that much more.Lauri Markkanen has star potential,however he's still young and wouldn't help the Bulls win that many more games for atleast next year.I also see 9 or 10 teams that's clearly better than the Bulls,unless some major changes happens.Maybe it's possible if their young players significantly improve,but I think it's a lot more likely they will be one of the 5 or 6 worst teams in the NBA.
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#73 » by PlayerUp » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:03 pm

Depends on their young players. They have 4 solid players with huge room to grow in White, Carter, Lavine and Lauri.

Solid role players after that but unless one breaks out, likely not making the playoffs.
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#74 » by Rockice_24 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:09 pm

Clearly not as good as MIL, PHI, BK, INDY, BOS, TOR. Probably not as good as MIA, ORL, DET. Probably in the next group with the up and coming Hawks. That puts them around 10th or 11th.

If 1-2 teams crumble due to injury or something unexpected then maybe they sneak in but I feel comfortable putting my life saving on them not making it in.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#75 » by panthermark » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:47 pm

watpho71 wrote:Are the Chicago Bulls a playoff team for the upcoming 2019-20 NBA season?

Maybe... I give them about a 30% chance of making it....mostly because the East is so weak and I could see a 39 team sneaking in. 538 has the Bulls at 38 wins....
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
Piecake
Assistant Coach
And1: 264

Post#76 » by Piecake » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:50 pm

I wouldn't be surprised, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I'm more impressed with the moves that their front office made this year as I thought they did an excellent job. That's a quite a big turnaround from the stupidity going on there previously.

Kinda makes you wonder if some new people got empowered or the old people just wizened up.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,569

Post#77 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:50 pm

I like them more than Orlando, not sure about Detroit though. I see them 9th seed fighting for 8th. If Blake misses time its definitely possible.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,174

Post#78 » by HomoSapien » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:02 pm

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
Dez wrote:
TheBallsDeeper wrote:I think they will battle for the worst team in the league. They have a couple of players with potential, but that's not going to help this coming year. They lack high-end talent and depth.

They weren't bottom 3 this season even with substantial injuries and they've made good additions this off-season, this is just a laughably bad take.

Most teams fans would say that they have made some big improvements this offseason (maybe with the exception of Charlette)

I can't see how the Bulls have improved more than others.

Agree to disagree, one of us will be right next year.

Unless the Bulls hit a major injury bug, they'll be better simply because of their bench upgrade. Last season the bench was comprised of mostly D-League level players. That's no longer the case. I don't think we'll make the playoffs, but I think we'll improve to around 35 wins.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
SilverFlight
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#79 » by SilverFlight » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:09 pm

I remember when the Bulls won 72 games in 1995-96 with guys like Jud Buechler, Jason Caffey, Dickey Simpkins, and a few others I can't recall right now. Hopefully they return to those glory days soon.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,450

Post#80 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:28 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:I like them more than Orlando, not sure about Detroit though. I see them 9th seed fighting for 8th. If Blake misses time its definitely possible.

I would love to genuinely hear your reasoning.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.

Return to The General Board