bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Re: Dynasty League 

Post#501 » by bigfoot » Thu Oct 4, 2018 1:51 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
You have to click on each player to move them into starting spots...when you do it for guys who are out, there may be an IR or IL option which will open up a roster spot. I think you have two of those spots. I just set my lineup by clicking on where it says "BN" next to their name and moving them to positions, and thought when I clicked on Westbrook I might see an option to move him to an injured list, but that option wasn't there. You should try it with each of those guys. Porter and IT seem like they should for sure be injury eligible.

No luck. Looks like they are just listed as out but not eligible for IR.

In that case, I'm guessing the only guys eligible for IR are the ones who ended last season on IR and still are because I was looking at the league page and the waiver/FA transactions and the team had Porzingis...though there were 2 or 3 teams making moves.

I imagine they will be eligible by the time the season starts. I think it's tough to play rookies or even second year guys unless they are top tier ones (I was just thinking it was ironic the anti tanker drafted 3 rookies)...and I wanted Mitchell Robinson but last year drafted Ntilikina, Skal Labissiere and Dejounte Murray...and wanted Thon Maker but Kerrsed took him, and none of those guys were worth a damn thing all season except for Murray down the stretch...he was the only keeper.

I was going to take Grayson Allen maybe this year because he is ready until you took him, but he is kind of buried behind others too.

My problem is most of the other dynasty teams had five to seven players in the top 100. Somehow I only have Curry (4) and my next best player Covington (52) and no other top 100 players. I'm sure IT was considered elite when the original draft went down. Since I inherited the team I don't know how it managed to have so few elite players compared to most of the other teams which seem to be loaded. I can't see anyone trading their good players for my junk so I had to draft potential (four rookies).
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,353

Post#502 » by bwgood77 » Thu Oct 4, 2018 1:54 am

bigfoot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:

In that case, I'm guessing the only guys eligible for IR are the ones who ended last season on IR and still are because I was looking at the league page and the waiver/FA transactions and the team had Porzingis...though there were 2 or 3 teams making moves.

I imagine they will be eligible by the time the season starts. I think it's tough to play rookies or even second year guys unless they are top tier ones (I was just thinking it was ironic the anti tanker drafted 3 rookies)...and I wanted Mitchell Robinson but last year drafted Ntilikina, Skal Labissiere and Dejounte Murray...and wanted Thon Maker but Kerrsed took him, and none of those guys were worth a damn thing all season except for Murray down the stretch...he was the only keeper.

I was going to take Grayson Allen maybe this year because he is ready until you took him, but he is kind of buried behind others too.

My problem is most of the other dynasty teams had five to seven players in the top 100. Somehow I only have Curry (4) and my next best player Covington (52) and no other top 100 players. I'm sure IT was considered elite when the original draft went down. Since I inherited the team I don't know how it managed to have so few elite players compared to most of the other teams which seem to be loaded. I can't see anyone trading their good players for my junk so I had to draft potential (four rookies).

Makes sense. I drafted Middleton very late in year one because he was injured...got him in like the 5th round. That really helped. And I had a good feeling about Barton and took him way earlier than most. And somehow Westbrook slipped to 8th in the initial draft, when, at that time, he was arguably top 3-5.
bigfoot

Post#503 » by bigfoot » Thu Oct 4, 2018 2:03 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Makes sense. I drafted Middleton very late in year one because he was injured...got him in like the 5th round. That really helped. And I had a good feeling about Barton and took him way earlier than most. And somehow Westbrook slipped to 8th in the initial draft, when, at that time, he was arguably top 3-5.

It's crazy to look at the team that got Ayton this year. Loaded with Leonard, Simmons, Beal, Fultz, and Ayton. The team that got Doncic has Butler, Wall, Capella, Ball, Saric, Markannen, and Doncic. Sadly I might be in for a Suns-like rebuild
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#504 » by bwgood77 » Thu Oct 4, 2018 2:12 am

bigfoot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:

It's crazy to look at the team that got Ayton this year. Loaded with Leonard, Simmons, Beal, Fultz, and Ayton. The team that got Doncic has Butler, Wall, Capella, Ball, Saric, Markannen, and Doncic. Sadly I might be in for a Suns-like rebuild

Yeah, those teams were inactive but stacked and the decision was made to waive the relegation to a lower draft tier but considering they only likely finished that low to inactivity, it might have made more sense to leave it.
dmastro32
Rookie
And1: 502

Post#505 » by dmastro32 » Thu Oct 4, 2018 9:28 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Yeah, those teams were inactive but stacked and the decision was made to waive the relegation to a lower draft tier but considering they only likely finished that low to inactivity, it might have made more sense to leave it.

I like it this way
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,329

Post#506 » by TASTIC » Thu Oct 4, 2018 7:24 pm

bigfoot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:

I get that you didn't draft the team but that's the brakes with dynasty.

I had prime Boogie and MVP-level IT and now look at them! One wasn't even kept and the other I basically have to sit on for a year until he becomes a focal point again, or accept a low-ball trade...
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#507 » by batsmasher » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:57 am

So I've been radio silent about the Dynasty League. Some things:

NEW RULE:

Description: Players can apply for an injury exception. This exception waives the lottery tier penalty for not meeting the games played in a season. You should only apply if you feel that you have been unable to meet the games played threshold due to long term injuries to keeper players. Your 2 IR spots are able to completely cover 2 long term injuries to keepers. Don't come asking for an exception unless you're using the IR spots properly.

To apply: just post in this thread.

Once you have applied, I will review the GP and injuries to your team to determine whether or not to grant the waiver. If successful, I will post in here to notify the league. The league then have a week to post any objections to the granted waiver.

• bw is getting the above exception
  • The games played limit is a 79 game pace which is 27 total games under standard pace. There's 2 IR slots. Use em, roll through the waiver wire to get value out of those games. If you have 3-4 long term injuries to keepers then this becomes impossible. If that's the case apply for an exception.
  • 8 is a perfect keeper number. Seeing as people are arguing for both more keepers and less keepers I'm not moving the needle from 8. Plus it means we have a 4 round draft. And 4's an even number. And even numbers are nice.
  • I've made a poll for the style of next year's draft. The options are:

4 round snake in lottery order (As it was)
    1st round lotto like last season, rounds 2,3,4 are linear in reverse standings order: Player who finishes 16 gets the a top 4 pick (lotto), 1st pick in rounds 2,3 & 4.
----------------------------------------------
Anything else we can think of putting to a vote for next year?

Also, we're all on pace (sans bw) to hit the GP threshold. High five y'all!
de'aaron fox will be a hof'er, don't @ me
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#508 » by batsmasher » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:19 am

If anyone's interested in Oubre: I'm very open to packaging him with another player for a keeper. Or even a pick if you prefer.

Please vote in the poll for next season above ^^ :)
bigfoot

Post#509 » by bigfoot » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:01 pm

batsmasher wrote:So I've been radio silent about the Dynasty League. Some things:

NEW RULE:

Description: Players can apply for an injury exception. This exception waives the lottery tier penalty for not meeting the games played in a season. You should only apply if you feel that you have been unable to meet the games played threshold due to long term injuries to keeper players. Your 2 IR spots are able to completely cover 2 long term injuries to keepers. Don't come asking for an exception unless you're using the IR spots properly.

To apply: just post in this thread.

Once you have applied, I will review the GP and injuries to your team to determine whether or not to grant the waiver. If successful, I will post in here to notify the league. The league then have a week to post any objections to the granted waiver.

• bw is getting the above exception
  • The games played limit is a 79 game pace which is 27 total games under standard pace. There's 2 IR slots. Use em, roll through the waiver wire to get value out of those games. If you have 3-4 long term injuries to keepers then this becomes impossible. If that's the case apply for an exception.
  • 8 is a perfect keeper number. Seeing as people are arguing for both more keepers and less keepers I'm not moving the needle from 8. Plus it means we have a 4 round draft. And 4's an even number. And even numbers are nice.
  • I've made a poll for the style of next year's draft. The options are:

4 round snake in lottery order (As it was)
    1st round lotto like last season, rounds 2,3,4 are linear in reverse standings order: Player who finishes 16 gets the a top 4 pick (lotto), 1st pick in rounds 2,3 & 4.
----------------------------------------------
Anything else we can think of putting to a vote for next year?

Also, we're all on pace (sans bw) to hit the GP threshold. High five y'all!

I would like to apply to this exception as well. I've had keepers out for a bunch of the season including Covington, Bamba, Elfrid Payton, Isiah Thomas, and Michael Porter Jr.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,336

Post#510 » by sunskerr » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:18 pm

Any teams available next season? I have some questions.

Is it h2h or roto? 8 or 9 cat? I kinda like the idea of building a team around a core that has certain strengths/weaknesses that you have to compliment with role players.

I feel like the slower paced nature of the dynasty league might be better. Drafting in the other leagues just feels like it comes down to mostly luck because 8 cat means just get good players and there’s very little nuance to building your team.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#511 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:47 pm

sunskerr wrote:Any teams available next season? I have some questions.

Is it h2h or roto? 8 or 9 cat? I kinda like the idea of building a team around a core that has certain strengths/weaknesses that you have to compliment with role players.

I feel like the slower paced nature of the dynasty league might be better. Drafting in the other leagues just feels like it comes down to mostly luck because 8 cat means just get good players and there’s very little nuance to building your team.
It's 8 cat roto. I'm keeping my team but we seem to lose a person or so a yr so a spot could open up.

On an unrelated note if anyone is looking for a young keeper forward kuzma is very available. Looking for non scoring stat type guys since I have a ridiculous 600 point lead in pts over second place. My preference would be to do a two for one type deal where you can grab another one of my back of the roster dudes. Him and Dinwiddie could be a combo, Spencer is hurt but if you're looking at next year he's a keeper option. I'd also consider taking an older player back because I'm trying to win this year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#512 » by wheezy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:40 pm

I think you'd enjoy it. Basically roto, but taking a multi-year approach.
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#513 » by batsmasher » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:47 am

You're first on the waiting list :)

@Qwiggz start your players pls - you're under the inactivity penalty threshold (only just).
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,336

Post#514 » by sunskerr » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:27 am

batsmasher wrote:

@Qwiggz start your players pls - you're under the inactivity penalty threshold (only just).

Thanks. I hope to get in. Excited to try a long term, gather-and-build sort of game. I think the core building aspect alleviates my concerns about 8 cat.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,628

Post#515 » by Qwigglez » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:37 am

batsmasher wrote:

A lot of my players have had various injuries so I keep forgetting to replace them in the lineups. Collison was playing horrible to start the season and I forgot to put him back in my lineups too.

Might just go to starting active players per week since I seem to forget a lot.

Also I sent you a trade for Oubre.
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#516 » by batsmasher » Sat Mar 2, 2019 4:30 am

Just realised the trade deadline passed in the Dynasty league. Didn't think it even had a deadline. Do we want to keep it that way? I still have the option to turn off the trade deadline.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#517 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:14 am

I'm open to an offseason trade. I'd be willing to trade points for steals, assists, 3s types. 2 of my guys for 1 of yours type deals welcome if someone is looking to add some keeper depth.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#518 » by MathiasPW » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:17 pm

I am hearing trade offers for James Harden. I need FG% from the G or F positions the most.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#519 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:59 pm

MathiasPW wrote:I am hearing trade offers for James Harden. I need FG% from the G or F positions the most.

Would you like Russell Westbrook for him?
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#520 » by MathiasPW » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:59 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:I am hearing trade offers for James Harden. I need FG% from the G or F positions the most.

Would you like Russell Westbrook for him?
+ assets, why not?

Return to Phoenix Suns