Chicago Bulls

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Re: Chicago Bulls 

Post#81 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:44 pm

watpho71 wrote:Are the Chicago Bulls a playoff team for the upcoming 2019-20 NBA season?

No. I like the pick this year, and is a step in the right direction. Team flooded with good young big men in a league that is dominated by guards.

I have faith in Lavine putting up good numbers, I don't have faith in Lavine in ever contributing to winning enough games to go to the playoffs.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#82 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:25 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:I like them more than Orlando, not sure about Detroit though. I see them 9th seed fighting for 8th. If Blake misses time its definitely possible.

I would love to genuinely hear your reasoning.

Sure thing. They had a career year from Vucevic in a contract year, and then he completely bombed in the playoffs. Don't see him repeating that year. I don't see how they really improved much if any. For internal improvement, they are counting on Issac, Fultz, and Bamba. Were still not sure Fultz will even be healthy enough to play or if he can even shoot the ball. I was never big on Bamba to begin with, his injury and resigning Vuc further complicates that path. Issac is a nice role player, but I don't see him with the offensive ability to ever truly become a star.

On Chicagos end, a full year of Lauri I anticipate he takes another big leap kid is an absolute stud. They now get a full year with Porter as well whose a tremendous impact player even if overpaid. They upgraded by far their weakest position at PG with 2 guys who should make an impact. Tomas is very underrated around here and should have the pieces to make it work, and Coby has immediate scoring impact. Add in a GREAT signing of Thad Young and can play next to either of there big men. We should also see WCJ take another step forward and benefit from playing with both Lauri/Otto through the entire year. This team just has a great mix of scoring, size, and defense.

Ill easily take Chicagos future over Orlando's and its not even close. The question is will Chicago over take them this year, or next? I'm thinking this year but it really all depends on the progression of Lauri and Wendell.

Tomas/Coby > DJ/Fultz
Lavine/Valentine < Fournier/Ross
Otto Porter > Issac
Lauri > Gordon
Wendell < Vuc
Thad > Aminu
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,440

Post#83 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:43 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:I like them more than Orlando, not sure about Detroit though. I see them 9th seed fighting for 8th. If Blake misses time its definitely possible.

Sure thing. They had a career year from Vucevic in a contract year, and then he completely bombed in the playoffs. Don't see him repeating that year. I don't see how they really improved much if any. For internal improvement, they are counting on Issac, Fultz, and Bamba. Were still not sure Fultz will even be healthy enough to play or if he can even shoot the ball. I was never big on Bamba to begin with, his injury and resigning Vuc further complicates that path. Issac is a nice role player, but I don't see him with the offensive ability to ever truly become a star.

On Chicagos end, a full year of Lauri I anticipate he takes another big leap kid is an absolute stud. They now get a full year with Porter as well whose a tremendous impact player even if overpaid. They upgraded by far their weakest position at PG with 2 guys who should make an impact. Tomas is very underrated around here and should have the pieces to make it work, and Coby has immediate scoring impact. Add in a GREAT signing of Thad Young and can play next to either of there big men. We should also see WCJ take another step forward and benefit from playing with both Lauri/Otto through the entire year. This team just has a great mix of scoring, size, and defense.

Ill easily take Chicagos future over Orlando's and its not even close. The question is will Chicago over take them this year, or next? I'm thinking this year but it really all depends on the progression of Lauri and Wendell.

Tomas/Coby > DJ/Fultz
Otto Porter > Issac
Lauri > Gordon
Wendell < Vuc
Thad > Aminu

Thanks, I wont derail the thread with a response. Appreciate the prompt reply.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#84 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:51 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:

Tomas/Coby > DJ/Fultz
Otto Porter > Issac
Lauri > Gordon
Wendell < Vuc
Thad > Aminu

Do you think Orlando has a brighter future than Chicago?
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,440

Post#85 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:14 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Tomas/Coby > DJ/Fultz
Otto Porter > Issac
Lauri > Gordon
Wendell < Vuc
Thad > Aminu

Do you think Orlando has a brighter future than Chicago?

Absolutely, no question. It's easy to say one player is greater than an other, but it's more than just players. Any team with Paxson/Forman at the helm is a team destined for complete mediocrity. Many Bulls fans will agree with me. Until that is fixed I don't envision much from the Bulls.

There is also a thing called continuity, which most fans simply do not understand. Us Orlando fans learned the hard way that you simply cant fire a coach every year and expect young players to develop properly.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
contestedlayups
Sixth Man
And1: 1,490

Post#86 » by contestedlayups » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:17 pm

Why are there five thread pages talking about the Bulls? Seriously, GarPax are a couple of freaking losers and don't deserve five pages worth of talk. They check these forums and they'll feel special, and that just boosts their egos and makes them want to keep their jobs for a longer period, in which case, EVERYONE LOSES.
Subscribe to Contested Layups on iTunes or Google Play!

Itunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/contested-layups/id1331840924
ArtMorte
Sixth Man
And1: 2,102

Post#87 » by ArtMorte » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:42 pm

I think we might well be.

Lavine was a borderline all-star last season and could make the jump this season. A lot of people (who don't watch that many Bulls games) are still going "oh, Lavine, he puts up empty numbers without actually helping to win" are stuck in the past. Current Lavine is a very good player who has improved the basketball iq side from his earlier days.

Thad Young was a good addition and Porter Jr is a solid SF. Satoransky hopefully gives us a more consistent, better playmaker choice than Kris Dunn.

But the big question mark is the big boys, Markkanen and Carter Jr. It will be Markkanen's 3rd season now and if he can take even a small step forward in his development, we have every chance of being a playoff team. I think he either takes that step this season and becomes a borderline all-star... or will never fulfill the potential us Bulls fans are hoping he has. It's his 3rd season, much like with Tatum, it's time to show improvement or settle for being a role player. Hopefully WCJ also plays a bit better, a bit braver than in his rookie season.
watpho71
Junior
And1: 111

Post#88 » by watpho71 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:17 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:

Tomas/Coby > DJ/Fultz
Otto Porter > Issac
Lauri > Gordon
Wendell < Vuc
Thad > Aminu

Orlando won 11 of their last 13 regular season games, including one at Miami, to close out that division. Okay, they only won 42 games (20 more than CHI), but the journey they took gave them tons of experience and confidence. They won their first playoff game in seven years, yet they were obviously outmatched by Toronto. They had one of the top defenses in the league last season and I see them better this upcoming season. I would not be surprised if Orlando is the seven seed again.

I hope you're right about the young Bulls. It would be nice to see them all healthy and build on something. One thing they are severely missing is a floor general. What would you take on the over/under for the Bulls at 35 wins?
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,046

Post#89 » by shangrila » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:25 am

My main problem with the Bulls is Boylen. If they had a competent coach I'd argue they're a shoe in for the playoffs as I don't think there's a ton of holes on that team (though I think they will struggle with playmaking as I've never bought the idea that two average playmakers can equal a good one), but Boylen is a further hurdle I think they'll have to overcome and, honestly, they just don't have the raw talent to overcome something like that (few teams do, to be fair).

It's a shame because GarPax seem to have been making consistently good moves the past 2-3 seasons.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,371

Post#90 » by Dominator83 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:59 am

pwrshft99 wrote:The who??

I spent 25 years loving the Bulls but I won't watch single game again this season. Playoffs? Why? Making the playoffs will cost a draft pick, which is essential to the 30 year rebuilding plan the front office is putting together.

The 13 year veteran guy they signed? Why?? Take developmental minutes away from young guys thirsty for floor time, in the hopes of reaping the profits of two home playoffs games.

John Paxson and Gar Foreman have no business being in the NBA. They have unmatched job security in the front office and have not at any time shown a glimpse of promise in assembling a team to that can compete for a conference championship let alone a ring.

No front office fires 5 head coaches and still keeps their position. 3 of the 5 were 'their guys'. 4 of them are out of the league.

Treadmill, lottery team going on a decade...and no all star to represent your team in your town this year.

John Paxson is a Little Ceasers manager somehow running Giordano's.

People rip the Knicks...please. The Knicks have always been who they were. This franchise had the mirage of prestige during the MJ years. Despite the history of the great city of Chicago, with fans that will adore you...the Bulls can not land even a meeting with a marquee talent.
Look at the movement this off season. Not a single time was Chicago mentioned as a potential destination or even as leverage. No one wants to play for this front office when there are so many other teams out there with people in charge that can relate to player they put on the floor.

**** you John Paxson. I wish you missed that 3 in Phoenix, the past 20 years never would have happened. MJ would have saved us in game 7 and punched you in the face like your name was Kerr.

The Bulls logo makes me ill now. I try not to look. It's like bumping into your ex wife at the gas station...and she's pregnant.

Haha. Yea you know things have gotten toxic when we're not even being used as leverage anymore.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#91 » by drosereturn » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:02 am

They will make it if health permits. But if OPJ, Carter, Lauri gets injured its over.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Midwest219
Senior
And1: 270

Post#92 » by Midwest219 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:05 am

pwrshft99 wrote:The who??

I spent 25 years loving the Bulls but I won't watch single game again this season. Playoffs? Why? Making the playoffs will cost a draft pick, which is essential to the 30 year rebuilding plan the front office is putting together.

The 13 year veteran guy they signed? Why?? Take developmental minutes away from young guys thirsty for floor time, in the hopes of reaping the profits of two home playoffs games.

John Paxson and Gar Foreman have no business being in the NBA. They have unmatched job security in the front office and have not at any time shown a glimpse of promise in assembling a team to that can compete for a conference championship let alone a ring.

No front office fires 5 head coaches and still keeps their position. 3 of the 5 were 'their guys'. 4 of them are out of the league.

Treadmill, lottery team going on a decade...and no all star to represent your team in your town this year.

John Paxson is a Little Ceasers manager somehow running Giordano's.

People rip the Knicks...please. The Knicks have always been who they were. This franchise had the mirage of prestige during the MJ years. Despite the history of the great city of Chicago, with fans that will adore you...the Bulls can not land even a meeting with a marquee talent.
Look at the movement this off season. Not a single time was Chicago mentioned as a potential destination or even as leverage. No one wants to play for this front office when there are so many other teams out there with people in charge that can relate to player they put on the floor.

**** you John Paxson. I wish you missed that 3 in Phoenix, the past 20 years never would have happened. MJ would have saved us in game 7 and punched you in the face like your name was Kerr.

The Bulls logo makes me ill now. I try not to look. It's like bumping into your ex wife at the gas station...and she's pregnant.

this 30 years rebuild plan is really rough, like rug burns on our knees, for reasons why? garpax givin it to the fans like that.
BTW We're still disappointed in the F.O.
FK DELLADIRTY
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#93 » by Buzzard » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:23 am

Zach Lavine has all star/star potential. But you need another player who will produce at the same level. I know some Bulls fans hope Markkanen is that star; but .43 FG% from your starting power forward is not going to get it done in today's super efficient game. He can be a 3rd wheel for sure but you still need at least a Robin to Lavine's Batman potential.

I think the Bulls improve to around a 10th seed and 32 wins. But not ready for the playoffs in my opinion.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
ShadyMoney
Junior
And1: 157

Post#94 » by ShadyMoney » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:23 am

We looking into Donovan.