ImageImage

Free agents left

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,894

Re: Free agents left 

Post#61 » by K_chile22 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 5:00 am

If the rockets were to make a splash, they should go after Love. The best teams are bigger now, with the warriors diminished he makes more sense
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#62 » by red96 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:07 am

Love isnt a bad option, but I think the Rockets need more perimeter defenders 1st and foremost. Since the dynamics of the team has changed drastically, Im fine with Love, actually really good, as long as we bring in at least 1 guy for the perimeter, too.

How can the Rockets bring in those players though? The most the Rockets could/should for Love is Gordon, 2020 & 2022 frp's. Would Cleveland accept a package like that? Would the Rockets be able to use the 2nd rounders they have left to add a wing?
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#63 » by TMU » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:30 am

red96 wrote:Love isnt a bad option, but I think the Rockets need more perimeter defenders 1st and foremost. Since the dynamics of the team has changed drastically, Im fine with Love, actually really good, as long as we bring in at least 1 guy for the perimeter, too.

How can the Rockets bring in those players though? The most the Rockets could/should for Love is Gordon, 2020 & 2022 frp's. Would Cleveland accept a package like that? Would the Rockets be able to use the 2nd rounders they have left to add a wing?

When in doubt, Morey will make their 2030s picks available. Imagine being the next GM for the Rockets. :wink:
red96
Lead Assistant

Post#64 » by red96 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:22 pm

I know these guys arent free agents, but while we are talking about Love and he such, what about Gallinari and Iggy? I think we should forget about Love, he is/will be too expensive to acquire from the Cavs and match salaries with. The Thunder could still make him part of the Westbrook deal. Id be ok with Morey "going for broke" and moving both the Rockets 2020 & 2022 1st's if we could net both Gallinari and Iggy. I think that would complete this team.

Westbrook-Rivers
Harden-Gordon-Green
Tucker-House
Gallo-Iggy
Capela-T Chandler-Davis

We'd have depth, defenders, scorers, shooters, and playmakers. Could use a bit more rebounding, but I think that roster would be the league favorite.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
red96
Lead Assistant

Post#65 » by red96 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:33 am

@ShamsCharania
6m6 minutes ago
More
Former No. 1 pick Anthony Bennett has agreed to a non-guaranteed deal with the Houston Rockets, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

Sounds like trade filler to me.
-baki "the Rockets fan"
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#66 » by TMU » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:33 pm

red96 wrote:@ShamsCharania
6m6 minutes ago
More
Former No. 1 pick Anthony Bennett has agreed to a non-guaranteed deal with the Houston Rockets, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

Sounds like trade filler to me.

Now that he's traded for RW, he will continue to look for the other pieces. Morey's just beginning.

Return to Houston Rockets