2019/2020 Western Conference Projected Standings

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

facothomas22
Veteran
And1: 1,592

Re: 2019/2020 Western Conference Projected Standings 

Post#101 » by facothomas22 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:25 am

PrinceCliche wrote:
facothomas22 wrote:1. Clippers-62-20
2. Jazz- 59-23
3. Rockets- 57-25
4. Nuggets - 54-28
5. Golden State Warriors - 51-31
6. Trail Blazers - 50-32
7.Spurs - 49-33
8. Pelicans - 48-34

Fringe playoff teams that barely miss the playoffs

9.Mavericks - 47-35
10.Kings 45-37

Where are the LA Lakers?

I left them out on purpose.I not sure if the Lakers are going to win more than 45 games next season,especially with the lack of roster depth,a bad Coach in Frank Vogel,injuries concerns,bad team chemistry,and a aging Lebron James.People really have been overrating the Lakers and ignoring the weaknesses the Lakers have.As of now,I see the Lakers being solidly outside of the playoffs with this type of roster they have.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#102 » by KqWIN » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:55 am

Rauxcee wrote:People getting all pissy when a team is ranked 7th, when there legitimately could only be a 2-3 game difference between the 1 seed and the 7 seed.

Seeding is a joke. It's going to be the same as last year when everybody is trying to lose on purpose to get the matchups they deem are favorable.
tv24lakers
Junior
And1: 96

Post#103 » by tv24lakers » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:24 am

KDBG wrote:I think the Lakers are being massively overhyped, by the media mainly. To the point of exhaustion. And I'm not even remotely a Laker hater. Obviously, they can win it all, but LeBron better stay healthy. Dude is the equivalent to a 40+ year old with that mileage. AD isn't carrying that team anywhere if LeBron has any major injuries. Other teams in the west at least have some ammo to survive if one star goes down, especially the Clips.

The Warriors are being way underrated right now. Their system is still there, Curry is still there, who still has years left of being a top 5-8 player. D-Lo will do wonders in that system, and either will say, or be a great asset in a trade. ACL tears aren't what they used to be, nothing like achilles tears, so I expect Klay to at least be a solid contributor in the playoffs. I don't think their seeding matters, they will be one of the best teams in the playoffs again.

I agree with you on both points. I hope I’m wrong as a Lakers fan but I think the FO choose poorly in putting all there eggs into the Kawhi basket. I do believe the FO will continue to make things happen to ensure AD resigns. Otherwise Rob is out of a job before the playoffs kickoff.

While I’m confused by the DLo signing I do believe he will start along Steph and help space the floor until Klay returns. I love the WCS pickup! He will allow to play fast paced w/ a longer lineup.
watpho71
Junior
And1: 111

Post#104 » by watpho71 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:28 am

1. DEN
2. UTA
3. LAC
4. HOU
5. LAL
6. GSW
7. SAS
8. SAC
9. POR
10. NOP
11. DAL
12. MIN
13. PHX
14. OKC
15. MEM
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#105 » by Foye » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:45 am

tsirigoj wrote:
Foye wrote:lol at them Pelicans 8th seed preditions.

I anticipate Ingram will be healthy and a beast, Lonzo will be coming into his own, Jrue will Jrue, and Zion will take the league by storm. Not an awful prediction, having them at 8th.

I just wish they'd get rid of Gentry. I always thought he was a terrible coach.

I anticipate Jrue to be gone by the trade deadline with the Pelicans winning 35 at most for the season. And Zion aint taking the league by storm.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,577

Post#106 » by Asianiac_24 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:00 am

Locks to playoffs IMO barring significant injury:
Rockets
Warriors
Clippers
Lakers
Denver
Blazers

Last 2 spots: Spurs, Jazz, Pelicans, Mavericks.

My money is on Spurs/Jazz
tsirigoj
Rookie
And1: 635

Post#107 » by tsirigoj » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:09 pm

Foye wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:
Foye wrote:lol at them Pelicans 8th seed preditions.

I anticipate Ingram will be healthy and a beast, Lonzo will be coming into his own, Jrue will Jrue, and Zion will take the league by storm. Not an awful prediction, having them at 8th.

I just wish they'd get rid of Gentry. I always thought he was a terrible coach.

I anticipate Jrue to be gone by the trade deadline with the Pelicans winning 35 at most for the season. And Zion aint taking the league by storm.

They'll go at least 0.500, +/- games.
Stoked
Senior
And1: 358

Post#108 » by Stoked » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:19 pm

Asianiac_24 wrote:Locks to playoffs IMO barring significant injury:
Rockets
Warriors
Clippers
Lakers
Denver
Blazers

Last 2 spots: Spurs, Jazz, Pelicans, Mavericks.

My money is on Spurs/Jazz

Jazz have been the 5th seed for 3 years straight and got to the 2nd round 2 out of 3 times. Then this offseason they improved very significantly and are very well coached. How are they not a “lock” for you?
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#109 » by NPZ » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:15 am

Jack Dempsey wrote:The West is going to be BRUTAL this season!!!

1. Denver Nuggets
2. LA Clippers
3. Utah Jazz
4. Portland Trailblazers
5. LA Lakers
6. Houston Rockets
7. GS Warriors
8. San Antonio Spurs

A couple of conventional opponents in the first two rounds if LAL makes it past Porty. Deeper teams, but less superstar centered. Having deep rotations can cause diminishing returns in the playoffs. Port is a tough venue, but Utah is worse and they pack the paint. If they finish at 5, there could be worse paths than Porty/Den/LAC.
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
tsirigoj
Rookie

Post#110 » by tsirigoj » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:19 pm

Rauxcee wrote:People getting all pissy when a team is ranked 7th, when there legitimately could only be a 2-3 game difference between the 1 seed and the 7 seed.

You actually are making a better point than most here. It's one thing to have Lakers at #7 (or, you're full of ish and dont even have them in playoffs) because you're a hater (so many on this forum), OR you could have them at 7th being 1.5 games behind 1st seed.

The west is gonna be fun!
AdagioPace
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,123

Post#111 » by AdagioPace » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:24 pm

lol what's up with all these "pelicans in the playoffs" predictions?

I understand Jrue Holiday will "dominate people" but I don't think it will be enough.
"La natura gode della natura; la natura trionfa sulla natura; la natura domina la natura" - Ostanes
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#112 » by bulliedog8 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:50 pm

Moreso my hope for what happens, for my personal entertainment purposes.

1 Jazz vs 8 Spurs (the “irrelevant” nba tv series)
2 Clippers vs 7 Lakers (battle of La)
3 blazers vs 6 rockets (Lillard vs harden and Westy. Ended both on buzzer beating series winners)
4 nuggets vs 5 warriors (high pace offensive shootout)

Dark horse: Wolves. Covington will be back. Got deeper with additions like Noah and layman. Napier replaces tyus, no drop off there. No distractions like thibs/butler type stuff. People saying pelicans mavs kings (all legitimate). Wolves won’t be terrible.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,762

Post#113 » by nikster » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:05 pm

tsirigoj wrote:
facothomas22 wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:
The disrespect that you consistently show the Lakers makes your opinion lack any sort of weight in anything basketball related.

How am I disrespecting the Lakers? There's several of reasons to believe that the Lakers may not even be a fringe playoff team,let alone a actual playoff team. Lebron James is turning 35 years old in December,the Lakers have a terrible bench,the Lakers filled in their roster with below average role players and scrubs,they also have a Head Coach in Frank Vogel, who wouldn't be a good coach on today's NBA,as we have seen when he was coaching the Orlando Magic.Not to mention that i also see a lot of Chemistry issues developing with this team.People ahve been really overrating the Lakers.I have seen many people believing that the Lakers will win 50+ games and making atleast to the 2nd round of the playoffs or even the Conference Finals.I see many being disappointed with the Lakers next season if that's what they expect. A almsot 35 year old Lebron James and Anthony Davis alone isn't enough for the Lakers to make the playoffs,especially in the Western Conference where there are atleast 9 good teams with a star player,good coaching,with good roster depth,etc

Where to begin.

Below average players? Jared Dudley was the veteran leader of the Nets, a playoff team, who is capable of playing good minutes. Either Kuzma or Cousins will be coming off the bench. Javale McGee is coming off the bench. Quin Cook who played very well for GS is coming off the bench. People say how much Avery Bradley sucked as a Grizzly. I promise you, one healthy off-season under his wing and playing next to two superstars, you'll see the 28 year old (still relatively young) playing elite defense again.

Jordan won ships when he was 38. I don't care that LeBron is 35.

Frank Vogel coached a team who's best player is Aaron Gordon? Do you remember what he did with the Pacers? They were a shot away from beating Lebron.

To put the Lakers at 11th seed is incredibly unintelligible. Go look at 538, a news site that uses statistics with all their predictions. They have the Lakers as third best team IN THE LEAGUE behind the Sixers and Rockets.

I also read your posts during the Kawhi saga. I admire how dedicated you are to your Laker hatred. If they are hoisting up a championship in June, I cant wait to hear your excuses or saying how they "didnt deserve it."

Dude is obviously underrating the Lakers but if your trying to paint Jared Dudley as anything more than a below average role player you might be just as crazy
tsirigoj
Rookie

Post#114 » by tsirigoj » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:08 pm

nikster wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:
facothomas22 wrote:

How am I disrespecting the Lakers? There's several of reasons to believe that the Lakers may not even be a fringe playoff team,let alone a actual playoff team. Lebron James is turning 35 years old in December,the Lakers have a terrible bench,the Lakers filled in their roster with below average role players and scrubs,they also have a Head Coach in Frank Vogel, who wouldn't be a good coach on today's NBA,as we have seen when he was coaching the Orlando Magic.Not to mention that i also see a lot of Chemistry issues developing with this team.People ahve been really overrating the Lakers.I have seen many people believing that the Lakers will win 50+ games and making atleast to the 2nd round of the playoffs or even the Conference Finals.I see many being disappointed with the Lakers next season if that's what they expect. A almsot 35 year old Lebron James and Anthony Davis alone isn't enough for the Lakers to make the playoffs,especially in the Western Conference where there are atleast 9 good teams with a star player,good coaching,with good roster depth,etc

Where to begin.

Below average players? Jared Dudley was the veteran leader of the Nets, a playoff team, who is capable of playing good minutes. Either Kuzma or Cousins will be coming off the bench. Javale McGee is coming off the bench. Quin Cook who played very well for GS is coming off the bench. People say how much Avery Bradley sucked as a Grizzly. I promise you, one healthy off-season under his wing and playing next to two superstars, you'll see the 28 year old (still relatively young) playing elite defense again.

Jordan won ships when he was 38. I don't care that LeBron is 35.

Frank Vogel coached a team who's best player is Aaron Gordon? Do you remember what he did with the Pacers? They were a shot away from beating Lebron.

To put the Lakers at 11th seed is incredibly unintelligible. Go look at 538, a news site that uses statistics with all their predictions. They have the Lakers as third best team IN THE LEAGUE behind the Sixers and Rockets.

I also read your posts during the Kawhi saga. I admire how dedicated you are to your Laker hatred. If they are hoisting up a championship in June, I cant wait to hear your excuses or saying how they "didnt deserve it."

Dude is obviously underrating the Lakers but if your trying to paint Jared Dudley as anything more than a below average role player you might be just as crazy

In terms of skill, yes, you're right. Still, he did a decent job lighting a fire underneath those young Nets' @$$. We just need him to be an energy guy off the bench, really. For that, he was a very good signing.
nikster
RealGM

Post#115 » by nikster » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:09 pm

tsirigoj wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
Official wrote:
They will be a top 3 seed. The Lakers don't need Lebron to carry them in the regular season. They have freaking Anthony Davis - does anyone not know who he is? Its like everyone forgot how good he is.

Where exactly did he carry the Pelicans? Davis is great and all. But sans Lebron the Lakers are MARKEDLY worse than the Pelicans were.

Lakers are going to have serious problems with their bench.

The Pelicans team with AD, Cousins, and Rondo was VERY good. Now, add Lebron. That's scary. Too many chumps on this website fail to recognize.

Sure and also remove their 2nd best player in Jrue holiday, give Cousins an Achilles tear and make Rondo a few years older. Also ignore the fact that they were better with Mirotic than Prime healthy Cousins
tsirigoj
Rookie

Post#116 » by tsirigoj » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:14 pm

nikster wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
Where exactly did he carry the Pelicans? Davis is great and all. But sans Lebron the Lakers are MARKEDLY worse than the Pelicans were.

Lakers are going to have serious problems with their bench.

The Pelicans team with AD, Cousins, and Rondo was VERY good. Now, add Lebron. That's scary. Too many chumps on this website fail to recognize.

Sure and also remove their 2nd best player in Jrue holiday, give Cousins an Achilles tear and make Rondo a few years older. Also ignore the fact that they were better with Mirotic than Prime healthy Cousins

There were times that Cousins CARRIED that Pelicans team on his back posting ridiculous numbers. Did you even watch? Having been a Pelicans season-ticket holder and living in the city for quite a few years, I had a vested interest in the team, so I watched them closely, and you are disrespecting the hell outta Cousins claiming that Mirotic was better.

Also, trade Jrue Holiday for Lebron James? Yeah. I still think the latter is MUCH better.

With THAT being said, I will tell you what I've told about a thousand haters on this site already. Cousins played last season out-of-shape because it's kind of hard to get in shape after blowing your Achilles. Still, out of shape Demarcus Cousins (and if you've seen him now, he is in DEFINITE better shape, looks GREAT) averaged 16 points and 8 rebounds. Now, having a PROPER off-season under his wing where he can work on his conditioning (again, very clear that he did), I am SURE he will average AT WORST 16 and 8 again, but it's very likely his numbers will be even better (we don't need him to be 25 and 12 like he was. 20 and 10 will do just fine.)

It's OK. I get it. You're scared.
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#117 » by Dmagic » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:16 pm

tv24lakers wrote:What is your prediction for the upcoming 2019/2020 Western Conference standings (top 8)? SlimShady83 posted a similar poll on the Lakers board, which I would like to extend out to other fan bases.

Following the Westbrook trade to the Rockets and barring any new significant player movement or injuries, here is my top 8:
1. Denver
2. Rockets
3. Clippers
4. Jazz
5. Portland
6. GSW
7. Lakers
8. Spurs

Allow me to clarify the ranking is not suggestive of where I feel the teams will fall in terms of playoff success.

REAlly? Lakers that low. Why. Are you stupid?
Rockets
Portland
Clippers
Lakers
Jazz
Denver
Spurs
Gsw
Krazykiwi
Senior
And1: 551

Post#118 » by Krazykiwi » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:16 pm

The locks to make the playoffs are
Denver
Lakers
Clippers
Rockets
Jazz
Blazers

Outside looking in Spurs Kings Mavs and Warriors for the 7 and 8 seed.
nikster
RealGM

Post#119 » by nikster » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:34 pm

tsirigoj wrote:
nikster wrote:
tsirigoj wrote:

There were times that Cousins CARRIED that Pelicans team on his back posting ridiculous numbers. Did you even watch? Having been a Pelicans season-ticket holder and living in the city for quite a few years, I had a vested interest in the team, so I watched them closely, and you are disrespecting the hell outta Cousins claiming that Mirotic was better.

Also, trade Jrue Holiday for Lebron James? Yeah. I still think the latter is MUCH better.

With THAT being said, I will tell you what I've told about a thousand haters on this site already. Cousins played last season out-of-shape because it's kind of hard to get in shape after blowing your Achilles. Still, out of shape Demarcus Cousins (and if you've seen him now, he is in DEFINITE better shape, looks GREAT) averaged 16 points and 8 rebounds. Now, having a PROPER off-season under his wing where he can work on his conditioning (again, very clear that he did), I am SURE he will average AT WORST 16 and 8 again, but it's very likely his numbers will be even better (we don't need him to be 25 and 12 like he was. 20 and 10 will do just fine.)

It's OK. I get it. You're scared.

Lol what am I scared of? My teams in the East and aren’t title contenders. Don’t really have much preference over who comes out of the West.

Cousins carried them so much that they had a better winning percentage with him out (62%) than with him playing (56%), and did better with Mirotic in (66%).Not claiming Mirotic is better just that he was a better fit.

And yeah no **** Lebron is a huge upgrade over Jrue. But with an older Rondo and post Achilles Cousins that Pelicans team would be like .500 team
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#120 » by jason bourne » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:39 pm

yoyoboy wrote:1. Nuggets - 57 wins
2. Jazz - 55 wins
3. Clippers - 54 wins
4. Warriors - 54 wins
5. Rockets - 52 wins
6. Blazers - 51 wins
7. Spurs - 48 wins
8. Lakers - 47 wins

This is well thought out. I figure the top 3 is fluid right now.

ETA: The Lakers are ranked low for a reason. LeBron needs two All-Stars in order to win a ship. He's like Magic Johnson, not someone who can carry the team to a ship with another All-Star. He's got one of the best, if not the best, in the NBA in AD. That's why they were waiting on Kawhi's decision. Now, somewhere towards the bottom of playoff ladder. They didn't make the POs last season.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage

Return to The General Board